AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 22:20   Link #2061
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Depending on Saki's ending, I may either spend shit-tons or pirate shit-tons. Say are they releasing the blu-ray here in America?
Old 2013-12-06, 22:22   Link #2062
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Depending on Saki's ending, I may either spend shit-tons or pirate shit-tons. Say are they releasing the blu-ray here in America?
We can only hope For Kakumeki Valvrave Season 2: Saki's Rebirth brought to you by your ever so family friendly company Sunrise Incorporated.
Old 2013-12-06, 22:25   Link #2063
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Here's that same scene but in stills. You can see that they are not that far from the capsule, so they just got out.

Spoiler for Size:

I think what it is is that Haruto's getting all emotional and going through a hissy fit about everything that's happened and Kyuma's death. L-elf isn't saying much, and in frustration about L-elf's non-responsiveness, Haruto accusing him of not caring and "tries" to tackle him.
You do gotta love that boy for trying.

Redefining success indeed.

Haruto: Dear dairy, this is the X time I've gotten beaten up by L-Elf...I think I'm on a roll. Next time for sure.

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2013-12-06 at 22:57.
Old 2013-12-06, 22:27   Link #2064
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

It's like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. You know how it's gonna go, but there's always a chance it may go differently
Old 2013-12-06, 22:50   Link #2065
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Preview this time didn't show much, but I hope L-elf and Haruto won't remind on the moon for the whole episode and I still believe they can't wrap this up in 3 episodes. Honesty I'm very curious now, how in the thin air will they created a powerful empire like that in the future scene that colonizing the entries space.
Old 2013-12-06, 22:53   Link #2066
Haigon

Quote:
Preview this time didn't show much.
It never shows.
Old 2013-12-06, 23:00   Link #2067
Irenesharda

Quote:
Preview this time didn't show much, but I hope L-elf and Haruto won't remind on the moon for the whole episode and I still believe they can't wrap this up in 3 episodes. Honesty I'm very curious now, how in the thin air will they created a powerful empire like that in the future scene that colonizing the entries space.
Here's how we'll know if they don't announce anything first. We'll know by episode 23, if we haven't seen Cain out in a fight yet and they haven't revealed VVV2 by that point, then this is definitely going on for more than three episodes. They didn't have all that build up and showing of VVV2, only for it to be used in the last episode and that's it. And there is no way, they are going to have Cain's last ending fight, be so short and meaningless. I think there are just too many plot threads left to be handled in three episodes. And that's just in the recent time frame, and not counting the future stuff!

There's Pino and Prue to talk about, Satomi becoming a kamitsuki, the Magius' real plan, and explanation of H-neun and what they're going to do with the info in his earring. Haruto and L-elf getting back to the group, wherever they are. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 23:06   Link #2068
Key Board
Carbon

as far as next-episode previews go, I think the title tells a lot more than the images

"Haruto Under Rubble"
"Dog and Thunder"
"Campaign Promise of Love"
"Siblings in the Atmosphere"
"Sadness is like Falling Snow"
"The Price of Lies"

If the episode titles so far has been very honest

So, I'm going to assume that "Lunar Fist" is a talk episode with not much drama happening
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-06, 23:23   Link #2069
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
So, I'm going to assume that "Lunar Fist" is a talk episode with not much drama happening
Really? I don't know, when I think "fist" I think "action". Or someone getting ready for action or just feeling passionate I guess. The latter could explain the scuffle those two seem to be having if both are running high on emotions.
Old 2013-12-06, 23:30   Link #2070
Kakkou
Tch.

The title and that hiarious preview probably suggests an old fashioned shonen style brawl/argument between Haruto and L-Elf where they'll cut through the bullshit and straight up yell at each other over the things that have happened, possibly coming to a mutual understanding/agreement and work on their counterattack.

At least that's what I hope it will be because all that happening on the moon with those hilariously ugly orange 3DCG suits will be incredibly amusing to watch.
Old 2013-12-07, 00:06   Link #2071
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The title and that hiarious preview probably suggests an old fashioned shonen style brawl/argument between Haruto and L-Elf where they'll cut through the bullshit and straight up yell at each other over the things that have happened, possibly coming to a mutual understanding/agreement and work on their counterattack.

At least that's what I hope it will be because all that happening on the moon with those hilariously ugly orange 3DCG suits will be incredibly amusing to watch.
I think the space suits is what made that preview so damn amusing. It's pretty funny watching L-elf takedown Haruto when he gets all emotional. It's even funnier when they are both on the moon in ugly, orange apparel.
Old 2013-12-07, 00:26   Link #2072
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
@Destined_Fate-I believe there will be a season 3 or a movie based on the reception. Also, it is possible that they make the 3GR as the antagonists and Dorrisia as the protangonists in S3. It is common that Empires are the bad guys in anime.

@Irenesharda- Such CGI, very awkward, much budget, wow.
Can you elaborate on the detail of your source?
One rumor said staffs planned the season 3 under the table. It awas when season 1 was running. By the middle of Season 1, the staffs figured out that season 3 was not possible. So, the show has 2 seasons. This is it.

The season 1 sale is not a flop, but it is still disappointing. So, you can't expect they would have more budget.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-12-07, 01:28   Link #2073
kiak666

You know, I just have a funny thought. With the next episode title literally translated as "Fist of the Moon's Surface", and seeing how our two MCs are fighting on the Moon, what are the chances that this will be the first time Haruto successfully land a punch on L-Elf (hey, a guy can dream right? )
Old 2013-12-07, 03:04   Link #2074
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Can you elaborate on the detail of your source?
One rumor said staffs planned the season 3 under the table. It awas when season 1 was running. By the middle of Season 1, the staffs figured out that season 3 was not possible. So, the show has 2 seasons. This is it.

The season 1 sale is not a flop, but it is still disappointing. So, you can't expect they would have more budget.
The fact that it is a featured anime for exhibition at AFA 2013 shows that there is at least a significant fanbase overseas and there are also plenty of fanart on Pixiv. The 3rd season might not neccssary be a TV series, it could be a movie, manga or a light novel.
Old 2013-12-07, 04:06   Link #2075
username31

if they can't wrap up everything in 3 episodes...the only choice are season 3 / movies/ OVAs
since new anime "Hōzuki no Reitetsu" will air on Jan 9 in Valvrave timeslot...mean this season really only 12 episodes..

Last edited by username31; 2013-12-07 at 04:26.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:02   Link #2076
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I already predicted a betrayal long ago since it almost a trend in Okouchi's original work that the protagonist will always be betrayed by their very own allies. Next thing that will happened will be a awesome come back from Haruto and L-elf.
Old 2013-12-07, 18:03   Link #2077
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
if they can't wrap up everything in 3 episodes...the only choice are season 3 / movies/ OVAs
since new anime "Hōzuki no Reitetsu" will air on Jan 9 in Valvrave timeslot...mean this season really only 12 episodes..
Well, I never thought they were going to continue it on into Winter Season. They seem to stay with the "good" seasons when showing Valvrave (Fall/Spring). If they do continue on with a new season, I wouldn't expect it until next Spring season or next Fall.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-07, 20:37   Link #2078
Cloudy

Quote:
I already predicted a betrayal long ago since it almost a trend in Okouchi's original work that the protagonist will always be betrayed by their very own allies. Next thing that will happened will be a awesome come back from Haruto and L-elf.
Thus the VVV equalvent to CG R2's episode 21

Wonder would they find lost Magius weapons and technology somewhere on the moon and stage a comeback.

Depending on what happens in episode 22, here are the possible episode titles for episode 23 and 24:

Ep 23- Join Or Die(Formation of the 3GR)

Ep 24- We came, we saw, we conquered(Defeat of Cain and conquest of Dorissia)

Last edited by Cloudy; 2013-12-07 at 21:16.
Old 2013-12-07, 21:29   Link #2079
Irenesharda

Oh by the way, do you think the Undertaker kids survived, since of course they were in the midst of that and all? Also, they looked horrified at what they saw last week, are they going to be against the pilots too?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-08, 00:10   Link #2080
~BC~

I'm kind of curious myself. I'm thinking they'll go with some students couldn't make it to the hangar and instead escaped out into the surrounding areas, either to the ruins of the city or forests. Or maybe they just hide in that room where they operate the machines from.
Closed Thread