AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-27, 20:44   Link #2821
gtr06
Golden Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I wonder if the game will end up with Battler "killing" ALL the witches, thus settling the unfinished matters after Higurashi Rei. "Battler the witches's slayer" sounds good XD
Wouldn't that make Battler the murderer?
gtr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 23:38   Link #2822
Toma1203
ToMA1203

Hi, everyone

Although you may already know, there is Beato VS Virgilia's battle animation video which has created by Nico Nico user.
I added the English translation, and improved the image quality (a little)

【Umineko】 Beatrice vs Virgilia - Ultimate Myth Battle - 【ep3 MAD】

Though I don't know whether English translation is correct...
I will complete it soon by adding actual sound effects.
It will become a pressure to the Animation Production XD
Toma1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 23:51   Link #2823
Avisch
Reality Blender

Honestly Episode 4 is the weirdest episode of them all. All the slight details like:
-Jessica knowing that George was going to die (and where) and how she was to die.
-Kumasawa and Gohda being hanged (before/after their death).
-The keys being at the chapel.
-Maria's poisoned body.
-Kyrie being able to escape the killer for so long.
-The fact that all but one of the murders takes place on the first day (murderer gets impatient).

Episode 1 had:
-Eva's body on the bed (I assume this detail is important)

Episode 2 had:
-nothing really weird actually

Episode 3
-Erm.......well the fact that the meta-world and real-world cross over is weird enough.
-The first mention of the numbers shown in blood.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-07-28 at 00:22.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 00:07   Link #2824
gtr06
Golden Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Honestly Episode 4 is the weirdest episode of them all. All the slight details like:
-Jessica knowing that George was going to die (and where) and how she was to die.

-Maria's poisoned body.
-The fact that all but one of the murders takes place on the first day (murderer gets impatient).
-Couldn't someone have had held Jessica hostage the same way as everyone else was, and threaten to exchange her life for everyone else's if she told Battler lines that was fed by the murderer to her?

-Maybe Gohda or Kumasawa let George or Jessica back in along with the killer? Besides maybe they weren't sitting still the whole time, maybe they were in the act.

-Maria might have eaten a poison candy given by the killer acting as Beatrice. Think about the test Maria did, Kill everyone (just Battler left? Maybe sealed his fate), kill herself, or kill... probably Sakutaru or some stuffed animal.

-Kyrie might be associated or used, especially considering how knowledgeable she is about her families tendency to invite people for tea :/

-Battler, Kyrie, ???? several theories ??? considering what she said over the phone, she knows he knows chessboard thinking, maybe wanted him to return safely to Angie, but wound up too risky. Had to be at least one traitor in that prison cell.

Maybe a bunch of people airdropped onto the island and were commencing urban warfare Higurashi style? Who's to say there wasn't a shipwreck with people on it sometime during the course of day 1.

Last edited by gtr06; 2009-07-28 at 00:21.
Old 2009-07-28, 00:20   Link #2825
Avisch
Reality Blender

Erm. There are of course explanations for said details, and I have had some of the theories you listed out (Im betting on the candy bit, aswell as the the traitor in the prison cell)

I wasn't saying that the details made no sense (obviously there was an explanation), I was saying that compared to the other episodes this one had the most oddly placed details.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 00:54   Link #2826
gtr06
Golden Watch

Old 2009-07-28, 01:59   Link #2827
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Now it all makes sense!

(This might be the wrong thread, though.)
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:48   Link #2828
Saerianne
*cackle*

LOL
Look at her arm! XDDDD It's so funny at that angle.

I think Beato won that game.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 07:02   Link #2829
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
-Maria's poisoned body.

Episode 1 had:
-Eva's body on the bed (I assume this detail is important)

Episode 2 had:
-nothing really weird actually

Episode 3
-Erm.......well the fact that the meta-world and real-world cross over is weird enough.
-The first mention of the numbers shown in blood.
Ep2 nothing weird? It has the hardest closed rooms to break imho. Mainly because Ep2 was totally centered on that aspect. But the most weirdest part is zombie Kanon. like in Ep4 Gohda seems to have seen that and Battler is present to see his reaction.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 08:20   Link #2830
Kitsu
The unlucky one

In the EPisode 4 while Kyrie, Krauss and co were revolting. I dunno who of the two or maybe both, Shannon and Kanon were called "mere" Gatekeeper. SOmeone cares to explain that one to me?

And Jan-Poo is right. there are strange things. And in Ep 2 Zombie-Kanon appears two times. The mirror thing? The closed room murders. Ep 2 has a lot "weird" things
Old 2009-07-28, 08:59   Link #2831
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The first thing I thought when I read "Gatekeeper" was: ah ghostbusters!

And then I realized that if Shannon is the Gatekeeper, then Kanon is the Keymaster, and when they unite... ahem..

Anyway the original text actually uses the english word in katakana.

there's another interesting thing hey say about those two:

Quote:
Because Shannon and Kanon were originally a furniture pair
Furniture pair? I can't think of many furniture pairs. Two commodes?

Old 2009-07-28, 09:14   Link #2832
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
And then I realized that if Shannon is the Gatekeeper, then Kanon is the Keymaster, and when they unite... ahem..
*gg*

But what bugs me the most, why suddenly call her gatekeeper.
I know three kinds of gatekeepers
One from the more educational sight. In that case a gatekeeper is a person who can controll the speed of learning for whatever resons (position or ability)
Second one from the communicational studies. A gate kepper is a person who can control which information and stuff gets to the press and stuff.
And then of course the gatekeeper in computer sience. (Which is the most likely one (thinking about link up and stuff)
Oh and of course the one from ghost busters
But why call her that?

Quote:
Furniture pair? I can't think of many furniture pairs. Two commodes?

tz, tz no idea from furnishings. They are created to be compatible with each other and look good togehter. That's all
Old 2009-07-28, 09:38   Link #2833
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

there are so many symbolisms that everything gets too confusing to be understood.

For example the siestas, are clearly Maria's rabbits, however they are also weapons, and furnitures and supernatural creatures, and operative systems...
And they might also represent the cousins. See as how 410 does her usually "nihihihihi" and then gets bashed in the head by "00" (does that ring any bell?)

I imagine that in Ep3 the culprit after killing Maria found the rabbits in her pocket and then took them for some unknown reason, and that's how they were "born". In fact they appear right after Maria's death. How exactly they get connected to weapons is a mystery.

Anyway the fact that they are weapons is evident as it is said in Ep4:

"So furnitures have defeated weapons, even if just for a while". I think this might actually be true. Kyrie and company might have actually used furnitures as a cover to avoid gunfire. The whole shield thing is an overdramatization. The guns then might have jammed and it took a while to fix them, or more simply they had to be reloaded.

If "Shannon" is actually furniture, what kind of furniture could be defined as gatekeeper and be big and sturdy enough to cover from fire?

Old 2009-07-28, 10:01   Link #2834
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
For example the siestas, are clearly Maria's rabbits, however they are also weapons, and furnitures and supernatural creatures, and operative systems...
And they might also represent the cousins. See as how 410 does her usually "nihihihihi" and then gets bashed in the head by "00" (does that ring any bell?)
That's the problem the the possible ways to interpret somethings are just to many. But we always seem to make this
Magical being = one of the 17

But what If certain characters don't neccessarily stand for another? But mabye just the way a certain person behaved in that moment.

Quote:
I think this might actually be true. Kyrie and company might have actually used furnitures as a cover to avoid gunfire. The whole shield thing is an overdramatization. The guns then might have jammed and it took a while to fix them, or more simply they had to be reloaded.
But what bugs me, where should this funiture come from? And even if. Let's say the "enemies" had to reload how would have been able to run through them?

Quote:
If "Shannon" is actually furniture, what kind of furniture could be defined as gatekeeper and be big and sturdy enough to cover from fire?
A door...darn it...it even makes sense somehow.
Old 2009-07-28, 10:04   Link #2835
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The fact that there are many scenes that have Beato and Maria all chummy together and that most of the witch's furniture are relatable to Maria's "imaginary" friends, it could also mean that Maria does indeed have a very very deep relationship to the perpetrators in ways we have yet to understand.

However I'm still not seeing how the Stakes are symbolic of any of Maria's imaginary friends. It's pretty obvious to me that their bloodlust and personalities are relative to those who "summon" them so like the Siestas they must be a common thing between Maria and Beato/Perpetrator, however how about Ange? She must have learned of toys/friends in Maria's diary that was symbolic of the Stakes, however its only the Siestas based off of the rabbits that I've seen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 10:25   Link #2836
maximilianjenus
[E]

There is a simple theory that states that tehre is a main culprit (or culprit group) that is behind the scene in all Episodes, then they get one of the "mothers" to help out with the killings, thus making netsuhi,rosa,eva and kyrie the "culprits" of the respective chapters.

I still can't take some of the fantasy scenes as something more than service, especially after the siesta sisters were introduced.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 10:51   Link #2837
jonnysalaris
Oblivious Nerd

hypnotism...hypnotism...hypnotism...
jonnysalaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:22   Link #2838
maximilianjenus
[E]

what about it ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:30   Link #2839
jonnysalaris
Oblivious Nerd

this is just a theory made out of boredom...
the culprit hypnotized everyone, and whatever the culprit says like, "there is a yeti in front of you", those who are hypnotized will think it's real... or something like that...
i think the demons and magic that everyone witnessed was caused by hypnotism...
jonnysalaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:33   Link #2840
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Oh lord no!! NO! NO! I will tell you! If that's the case I'm gonna throw everyhing Umineko related inside the trash! First it has no evidence, second I could easily read "Doubt" again if I want such a shitty comeback...argh How the ending of Doubt annoyed me