AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni (Season 1) - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 40 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 5.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 50 16.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 66 21.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 48 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 9.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 28 8.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 15 4.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 1.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 16 5.13%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-09-02, 15:11   Link #81
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
um guys amazons says that this dvd of umineko has english subs. is it true?
Spoiler for amazon link:
Someone probably just decided to sell someone a DVD containing all the episodes. I don't know about it, but it may have been edited to show the whole anime.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 16:02   Link #82
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Someone probably just decided to sell someone a DVD containing all the episodes. I don't know about it, but it may have been edited to show the whole anime.
Which is to say, somebody decided to try making a profit off of free subtitles and using other people's artwork without permission.
Old 2011-09-02, 16:21   Link #83
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's most probably what that dvd is. I think some of those images are fan art and one is definitely the cover of the EP4 game.
How did it even make it to Amazon?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 21:59   Link #84
RandomAvatarFan

May I add something?

I do like the anime's version of Golden Slaughterer. I don't think they should have replaced dreamend discharger with it in EP4, but at least it sounds good =)
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:42   Link #85
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
May I add something?

I do like the anime's version of Golden Slaughterer. I don't think they should have replaced dreamend discharger with it in EP4, but at least it sounds good =)
Evidently a version of Dreamend Discharger was produced along with a bunch of other awesome songs from the VN, but sadly they were never included in the anime.

I also like the anime's version of "Requiem" (the song, not EP7). To hear it played with actual string instruments and not synthed music was very pleasurable to my ears.

Old 2012-01-31, 21:42   Link #86
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

I also like the anime's version of "Requiem" (the song, not EP7).
This.

Anime!EP7 I think was even a more mangled mess than EP4 was. EP8 is airing next week too, and I don't think I'm going to try it. There's no way it's going to work.

Actually, I was wondering where the anime OST could be found that some of these remixes could be heard.
Old 2012-01-31, 21:57   Link #87
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

wha...

Quote:
This.

Anime!EP7 I think was even a more mangled mess than EP4 was. EP8 is airing next week too, and I don't think I'm going to try it. There's no way it's going to work.

Actually, I was wondering where the anime OST could be found that some of these remixes could be heard.
WHAT
There's a actual, factual Chiru anime?! (I really need better contacts.)
Old 2012-02-01, 01:12   Link #88
battle22

Quote:
This.

What?

There is a Chiru anime?

Last edited by battle22; 2014-02-25 at 07:57.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:58   Link #89
immblueversion

Quote:
This.

....................................What are you talking about?

Do you mean "episode 7" of the anime, titled "Early Queen Move," which is adapted from the second story arc of Umineko ("Turn of the Golden Witch"), or the seventh story arc of Umineko, titled "Requiem of the Golden Witch," aka EP7?

Because I'm not talking about "Requiem of the Golden Witch," and I'm not talking about an episode of the anime. I'm talking about a song titled "Requiem."

This is the "Requiem" I'm talking about:

Not only is this a good song, but I prefer this version over the version in the visual novel, this:

And what do you mean, "EP7" is worse than "EP4"? What "EP4" are you talking about? Do you mean the fourth episode of the anime, titled "Blunder" and adapted from EP1, "Legend of the Golden Witch," or the actual EP4, "Alliance of the Golden Witch"?

Old 2012-02-01, 17:29   Link #90
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

He's just making a joke out of how you brought attention that you're speaking about the Requiem-BGM and not EP7 Requiem of the golden witch.

SonozakiUshiromiya and battle22, I'm sorry to say there's still no Chiru anime.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 22:01   Link #91
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
He's just making a joke out of how you brought attention that you're speaking about the Requiem-BGM and not EP7 Requiem of the golden witch.

^ This I knew you were talking about the song, and in context of the conversation, you wouldn't be talking about EP7: Requiem of the Golden Witch anyway.

The music really is good. If they had used more of the games tracks, and turned the volume up just a bit, it would have been so much better. I wonder why they couldn't use Hope et al. Happiness of Marionette and Requiem are Dai's pieces as well, and they managed to make it into the anime.

Also I'm not a fan of the anime's originals either, but that's just my opinion. I think there are a lot of people who do.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:34   Link #92
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post

Too bad...

Last edited by battle22; 2014-02-25 at 07:57.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 06:26   Link #93
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
The music really is good. If they had used more of the games tracks, and turned the volume up just a bit, it would have been so much better. I wonder why they couldn't use Hope et al. Happiness of Marionette and Requiem are Dai's pieces as well, and they managed to make it into the anime.

Also I'm not a fan of the anime's originals either, but that's just my opinion. I think there are a lot of people who do.
I think the anime's soundtrack was actually pretty good, but that was only after I heard it on the soundtrack CD. Yeah, they really should have made the music stand out more and use more of the original tracks. Requiem was indeed done well, and I would have been glad to hear more. And Hope was actually used at least once. I noticed it playing when Rosa met Kuwadorian-Beatrice in EP3. But they should have used it way more, it has kind of become a common musical theme for Umineko. I wonder why the anime version of that and worldenddominator wasn't on the CD.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:47   Link #94
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Does anyone know if they also had a different version of Thank You For Being Born? It sounded to me a little different in Episode 26...Then again, I was maybe too pissed about it being such a huge failure...

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 16:17   Link #95
RandomAvatarFan

I think so. They remastered a lot of the game's tracks for the anime. I'll have to rewatch it. Did it play during the teaparty (same place as VN?)

As for WorldEnd Dominator, I didn't notice any difference. I was paying attention to the awesomness of Rosa Musou.
I don't understand how DEEN could do something as amazing as that and then proceed to forget Rosa's wing throughout EP4, save for two frames before she dies.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2013-04-12, 00:22   Link #96
Simplice Cantabile

Voice Actors: 10

Most of the voice acting is flawless. Perhaps Krauss, Genji, and Kinzo had sort of boring voices which could use more distinction. But I can't say anything bad about
the rest.

Also, I'm going to combine "Music" in with the Voice Actors category. The anime used the VN music, hence, awesome.

Script: 9

Sufficient Beato x Battler sexy talk, though it's nothing compared to the fanmade ending to season 1. That being said, before I saw the fanmade ending, I was perfectly fine with the season. Hence my score reflects my feelings then.

Adaptation from Game: 9

I think most people are a little too harsh on the anime's tendency to compress character development. The most important part of the series is what happens in eps 5 - 8, so why worry so much about compressing 1 - 4? If there is a second season, the characters could be developed more then...

Editing: 10
Animation Quality: 10

Battle scenes were fricking awesome and always unexpected.

Average = 9
Simplice Cantabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:35   Link #97
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Also, I'm going to combine "Music" in with the Voice Actors category. The anime used the VN music, hence, awesome.
Kind of not true. It uses remixes of the tracks it does use, leaves out 90% of the music, adds new tracks entirely, and uses different music in different spots, changing the tone of a lot of scenes.

Quote:

I think most people are a little too harsh on the anime's tendency to compress character development. The most important part of the series is what happens in eps 5 - 8, so why worry so much about compressing 1 - 4? If there is a second season, the characters could be developed more then...
People complain because a lot of important bits got cut making characters unrelatable and puzzles unsolvable, fyi.
Old 2014-02-14, 01:54   Link #98
battle22

I've probably seen the Anme for 10 times now. And I gotta say, I really enjoy it every time. Of course, it's only like that because I've read the Visual Novel countless of times. Though, I did like Umineko Anime even before I read the VN.

The biggest problem in my opinion is how it starts. They give you 10 second explanation about who is who, and Umineko's cast is huge. It's easy to miss their names, I bet some people who got into the thing didn't even know Gohda existed until EP3 or something. That is pretty bad, considering we are adapting a mystery novel.

After that, it throws you closed rooms murders one after another, in the Visual Novel, Battler and Beatrice discussed about it every time, you weren't confused, just curious. But in the Anime you can't keep up. And that is annoying. This also led people to believe that Battler was the typical MC "I don't believe, because of my will of fire".

Now the music...Wow, I actually really love it. They did a wonderful job with it, I wish someone would release all of the Anime original ost. Great music directing at least.

Overall, I think they should have made Season 1 with just EP1-3. Each EP getting two more episodes of story would probably have fixed everything. I still hope for Chiru Anime. I really want it But I also want a remake. But seeing as how Umineko franchise is dying down, I'll just be grateful that we are getting the English translated Manga lol (That reminds me, I have to pick up EP3, it already shipped)
Old 2014-04-30, 10:42   Link #99
Draugur

Regional Code

Sorry, I'm sure the information is already somewhere in this forum, but could somebody just answer me if the Umineko Blu-ray Disc release is Region A only, or more regions than A (some US anime BDs have A/B or A/B/C, I think)?

Amazon says Region A but they tend to be wrong in such details, so maybe someone who owns the BD can answer me.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:05   Link #100
Witch of Uncertainty

I purchased the Bluray, and it works here (Zone B).
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote