AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-16, 13:37   Link #1
Sacredus

Disgaea PC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405900
Quote:
Download the Darkness, Level Up Evil!

Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil. With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord. Experience the SRPG classic, now on PC!

Key Features:
  • An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
  • Choose from over 40 unique character types
  • Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
  • Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
  • With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
  • Over-the-top battle animations
  • Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
  • Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
  • A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed

New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
  • Updated UI and textures
  • Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
  • Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
  • New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards
Well, it's just first game from series, but it's good start, dood!

Any ideas for achievements?
Farm Level up prinnie to 9999 lvl
See all endings
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:06   Link #2
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I might get this. Never gave games like this one and Final Fantasy Tactics the kind of chance they deserve.

Is the first Disgaea game considered one of the best in the series? How does it compare to Final Fantasy Tactics? Just as good? Better?
Old 2015-11-16, 14:31   Link #3
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

aren't there already so many ports of this laharl series already? ps2, nds, psp.... i forgot how many times i've completed this. tbh disgaea 1 is my least favorite series, probably not going to buy this.
disgaea 4 with valvatorez is the best
Old 2015-11-16, 14:43   Link #4
Sacredus

Remember they need to start somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I might get this. Never gave games like this one and Final Fantasy Tactics the kind of chance they deserve.

Is the first Disgaea game considered one of the best in the series? How does it compare to Final Fantasy Tactics? Just as good? Better?
Best... no. Mechanics compared to new games is rather primitive and story... never been strong point of this series.

As for comparing it with FFT, IMO they're on same level, but I prefer Disgaea games. I played both games ages ago, so I could get something wrong.
Story: FFT
Characters: Clearly Disgaea
Classes: Tie. Both use system "lvl up class to x level to unlock new class".
Battles: Tie. FFT uses random rules that tells what you cant do during battle, Disgaea have geopanels.
And if you want to see everything that game have to offer:
Endgame: Disgaea wins with item world (random levels that allows you lvl up items) and dark assembly where you unlock new levels (that after beating allows you to use new characters or leads to secret endings), classes, allows you to change difficulty level of battles etc.
Oh, in Disgaea is also Etna that shows you alternate story - what would happen if Etna would accidentally kill Laharl in opening scene.

Review on IGN and something on YT,
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:55   Link #5
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

Tactics (the original 1997 one, not Advance the sequels) will forever be my all-time favorite Final Fantasy and Tactical Strategy Game. That said, I do like the fact that in Disgaea you get to command more characters in battle than you do in Tactics, which is limited to 5 IIRC also you can try and capture enemy units by tossing them into the base panel.

Last edited by Vajra; 2015-11-18 at 05:19.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:56   Link #6
Xacual

I'm happy that more JP game series are coming to PC.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 15:09   Link #7
ninjastarforcex

i hope jeanne d arc (psp) get port as well, imo it is the best turn-based tactic game
it's so underrated, i remember when i found this game during middle school and shared it with all of my psp-owners schoolmate, they all like it
Old 2015-11-16, 15:36   Link #8
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll keep an eye on Disgaea for PC. If I really want it, maybe I'll get it during a Steam sale.
Old 2015-11-17, 00:02   Link #9
Velsy

Awesome... I've played from Disgaea 2,3,4 and currently in D2. The first game I've only read the manga and watched the anime O_O

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 23:32   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I have the vita version of this and while its playable, the texture and ui overhaul will be greatly appreciated.
Old 2015-11-19, 04:34   Link #11
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The original disgaea was pretty good at it's time of release. They pretty much toss out any conventional wisdom for gameplay balance in exchange for insane fun that allows the player to abuse the shit out of the game mechanically.

It was a huge eureka moment for me when i found out how to get a lvl 9999 catgirl monster within a hour when my average party level was around 50. That is within the game constraint without any bug exploit.

Of course, there's some insanely powerful bosses for you to tackle at endgame even with that exploit.
Old 2015-11-19, 05:51   Link #12
ninjastarforcex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The original disgaea was pretty good at it's time of release. They pretty much toss out any conventional wisdom for gameplay balance in exchange for insane fun that allows the player to abuse the shit out of the game mechanically.

It was a huge eureka moment for me when i found out how to get a lvl 9999 catgirl monster within a hour when my average party level was around 50. That is within the game constraint without any bug exploit.

Of course, there's some insanely powerful bosses for you to tackle at endgame even with that exploit.
baal