AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-06, 23:45   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Velvet Kiss

Spoiler for NSFW:
Velvet Kiss

Story & Art: HARUMI Chihiro

Description: Nitta Shin finds himself saddled with a sudden, crushing debt. His loan agent tells him he can escape repayment if he keeps a particular woman company. He gradually learns that this arrangement might not be as easy as he once thought. (Source: MangaUpdates)

Genres: Adult, Drama, Ecchi, Romance, Seinen

Categories:
Spoiler:
Links: MangaUpdates
Get this manga thread template!
----

Four chapters are out so far and it's pretty good. Harumi Chihiro is a really great author. This one has a great story and a bit of mystery to it as well. A nice blend if you ask me.

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2011-05-12 at 18:54.
Old 2011-03-06, 23:57   Link #2
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That... kind of reminded of Aki Sora chapter 6 with the sex party. Oh gawd, not those NTR stuff.
Old 2011-03-07, 00:56   Link #3
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
another Nympho Ojou-sama brat who likes to order people around..
Old 2011-03-07, 06:00   Link #4
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Four chapters are out so far and it's pretty good. Harumi Chihiro is a really great author. This one has a great story and a bit of mystery to it as well. A nice blend if you ask me.
This manga is indeed pretty good, especially for it's beautiful art and romance/h-ness story between the main girl Kano(ko) and the male lead (Nitta) who got into this strange relationship with her due to a hube debt.
The owner of the debt is
Spoiler for ch05:
who asked him earlier to befriend her in return for freezing his debt.

This manga has a nice&intriguing plot that (especially) starts unravelling from ch4 onwards.
Nitta isn't just a push-over and it seems Kano kinda starts liking Nitta more and more. Although the main lead (Nitta) was treated in the beginning of the manga like an "errand boy" by Kano she started to (slowly) show signs of affection towards him (like a true tsundere) and the same goes for Nitta as the story unfolds.

Currently the raws are up to vol.3 ch18.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:05   Link #5
Xagzan

I loved Harumi Chihiro's Koi wo Suru especially. It was sweet and the art is just great. I didn't know you were allowed to post about h doujin here
Old 2011-03-07, 10:30   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
That... kind of reminded of Aki Sora chapter 6 with the sex party. Oh gawd, not those NTR stuff.
That chapter made me sick... for days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
another Nympho Ojou-sama brat who likes to order people around..
There is a lot more to her than you think. And it's why I like this so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
This manga is indeed pretty good, especially for it's beautiful art and romance/h-ness story between the main girl Kano(ko) and the male lead (Nitta) who got into this strange relationship with her due to a hube debt.
The owner of the debt is
Spoiler for ch05:
who asked him earlier to befriend her in return for freezing his debt.
Ack, I clicked that by accident....
Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Quote:
This manga has a nice&intriguing plot that (especially) starts unravelling from ch4 onwards.
Nitta isn't just a push-over and it seems Kano kinda starts liking Nitta more and more. Although the main lead (Nitta) was treated in the beginning of the manga like an "errand boy" by Kano she started to (slowly) show signs of affection towards him (like a true tsundere) and the same goes for Nitta as the story unfolds.
Yes, she is a true tsundere. I think they refer to it as classic or original, not sure. But she is the cutest twintail I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I loved Harumi Chihiro's Koi wo Suru especially. It was sweet and the art is just great. I didn't know you were allowed to post about h doujin here
Koi wo Suru was so good. I finished it the other day actually. It had me guessing until the end too. And we can post about so long as we stick to the (rare) story and all.
Old 2011-03-19, 22:45   Link #7
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 5 is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

And I really love the art. And for there to be a great story to go along with it... it's a shame it's such a rare find.
Old 2011-03-20, 00:59   Link #8
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Chapter 5 is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

And I really love the art. And for there to be a great story to go along with it... it's a shame it's such a rare find.
Spoiler for ch 5:
Old 2011-03-20, 09:06   Link #9
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Spoiler for ch 5:
I wouldn't call him a 'boy toy' since the father does not know exactly (or turns a blind eye to) what she does with him. I figured she was a girl who got in a lot of trouble, and after being unable to keep any hired help, the father found ways to get poor slumps to wait on her.

Why him? That we'll have to wait and see. I have a couple of ideas, but only time will tell.
Old 2011-04-16, 03:36   Link #10
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Chapter 6 is up.

Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Seems like Kano visists the orgies 'as usual', but is 'as usual' pretty cold towards it. She sleeps around but doesnt seem like she is enjoying it.

Its more like obligatory sex to keep with 'trend' with her 'friends'. Kind of like smoking - you dont like smoking but since everyone around you is smoking, in order to stay with them you start smoking.

Sex seems like socializing act for Kano with her fake friends rather than real love making, thats why she is so cool and distant about it.

It all starts changing with Nitta of course.

Kano is a tsundere but in an old meaning of its word - she starts aloof and distant (tsun) and slowly starts melting down (becomes dere). She doesn't seem to be switching between tsun and dere like most of contemporary tsunderies do, but she still can be considered somewhat of a tsundere in an orgininal (old) sense.
Old 2011-04-16, 05:44   Link #11
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Chapter 6 is up.

Seems like Kano visists the orgies 'as usual', but is 'as usual' pretty cold towards it. She sleeps around but doesnt seem like she is enjoying it.

Its more like obligatory sex to keep with 'trend' with her 'friends'. Kind of like smoking - you dont like smoking but since everyone around you is smoking, in order to stay with them you start smoking.

Sex seems like socializing act for Kano with her fake friends rather than real love making, thats why she is so cool and distant about it.

Kano is a tsundere but in an old meaning of its word - she starts aloof and distant (tsun) and slowly starts melting down (becomes dere). She doesn't seem to be switching between tsun and dere like most of contemporary tsunderies do, but she still can be considered somewhat of a tsundere in an orgininal (old) sense.
Like you said in the Jcafe velvet Kiss thread you can (already) see Kano (starting to wonder) how come she feels like (she wants) it with Nitta while it looks like she isn't even in the mood to do it with her friends (Yuki) nor joining them at their "parties".

Spoiler for ch06&07:

Spoiler for Kano and "friends" (ch11):

It's really nice to see Kano warming up more an more to Nitta and seeing her question herself why Nitta makes her feel the way she does when she's with him but not with her "friends".
Now it's time for Nitta to see Kano for what she really is to him (excluding the debt-arrangement and his "wrong" image of her being a "nympfo"). I want Nitta to find out (soon) that Kano is only like that with him and not with her "friends" so he can see her as a real romantic interest instead of
Spoiler for another "love interest" for Nitta:

Last edited by kanon78; 2011-04-16 at 08:22.
Old 2011-04-16, 08:51   Link #12
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Chapter 6 is up.

Spoiler for Chapter 6:
Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Quote:
Seems like Kano visits the orgies 'as usual', but is 'as usual' pretty cold towards it. She sleeps around but doesn't seem like she is enjoying it.

Its more like obligatory sex to keep with 'trend' with her 'friends'. Kind of like smoking - you don't like smoking but since everyone around you is smoking, in order to stay with them you start smoking.

Her and her friends have fun by having sex with each other. I'm sure Kano enjoyed it in the beginning, at least a little. But it's good that they are friends who respect each other about it, it could be a lot worse.
Quote:
She is a classic tsundere, and it's awesome.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:21   Link #13
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Spoiler for Chapter 6:

Her and her friends have fun by having sex with each other. I'm sure Kano enjoyed it in the beginning, at least a little. But it's good that they are friends who respect each other about it, it could be a lot worse.

She is a classic tsundere, and it's awesome.
We pretty much know she is deadpan and cool with her friends. that doesnt imply that she enjoyed herself even a little. Because her friends keep on saying she is always like that etc (chapter 6 and Chapter
Spoiler for chapter:

So I do really think that she doenst enjoy herself even a little (maybe exception could be Yuki but it doenst seem likely). Because she is always cold like dead-fish with them.

In chapter
Spoiler for chapter:

So yeah I am staying with my thesis that she actually doesn't enjoy it and it is as mean of socializing with her friend rather than something to gain pleasure. The reason why she offers nitta sex the first time is not because of the pleasure but as revealed in chapter 7

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

Of course there is a bit of physical attraction to Nitta too, but it doesnt seem like she is searching for intimate pleasure itself.

Spoiler for sp:

Personally I find NTR term is good because it involves not only actual situation but the feeling of situation as well, because sometimes not the situation that invokes us that sinking feeling but the feeling of the situation (as in we feel more NTR not when we know that she is a wife and cheats on her husband though we dont see husband at all, but when its childhood friends and when she goes for another guy).

Netorare is a wide term but I think it is pretty fine the way it is and there is no need for additional terms at all as some situations are just too difficult to tell apart.

But again I am uploading and tagging (as a tagger you need to know quite a big about niche things like Netorare) for quite a while so being able to tell NTR is usually pretty easy for me and usage of the term is ease since i have been using it for so long (since 2002 I think).

I would say the situation almost ended in NTR cause it still evokes us that sinking unpleasant feeling in the stomach that most NTR do. Luckily it didnt turn completely into it.

Yeah at least her friend respect her, but frankly it seems like she gives them the place to do their orgies so naturally they give some respect. None seems to be put off by her expressionless face and not really willing cold attitude though since it is what they are used to. They would probably freak out if they would see how Kano reacts with Nitta.

PS I think we shouldnt use spoilers for discussing scanlated chapters. There arent that many participators in discussion and thread doenst even have that many views so I think anyone who take part would probably read the latest scanlated chapter. Of course raws are a different matter altogether.
Old 2011-04-20, 21:22   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes, I see what you are saying. It was a disheartening chapter. But, I am still looking forward to more.
Old 2011-04-21, 07:46   Link #15
Darknemo2000

For those who visit MF you probably know there are chapters 7, chapter 8 and chapter 9 released by one guy. It is still amateurish work and far from official Soba-scans releases but it can still work as a nice kind of spoiler.

I will use spoilers in this case as those are not official scans.

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

Was a good and cute chapter. Pretty waffy too.

Spoiler for Chapter 8:

A sad chapter as we learn more and more about Kano's past ant her heartbreaking loneliness.

Will cover chapter 9 bit later.
Old 2011-04-21, 08:17   Link #16
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Huh? You mean someone else scanlated them?
Old 2011-04-21, 08:52   Link #17
Darknemo2000

Yes, but the scanlations is very poor, plus it is scanlated from chinese so its a double translation so some details are missing and the scanlator doesnt know how to translate some of the characters names so left the chinese characters instead.

Soba-scans traslation when released will be of higher quality no doubt.

That translation Is more like an extended spoiler than a real scanlation, but I will PM you with the links, so you can see it yourself.
Old 2011-04-21, 12:06   Link #18
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ah. I think I'll wait for Soba then. I don't want stuff missing and I have patience. Thanks anyway.
Old 2011-04-21, 12:15   Link #19
Xagzan

Soba's brought me wonderful stuff like RingxMa, so I'm gonna stay pretty loyal to their scans.
Old 2011-04-23, 03:30   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Well Soba-scans are slow (mostly because they work on other stuff too) so it will be months before they catch up with chapter 9 at least.

As for Velvet Kiss omake of volume 1 (volume 1 consists of chapters 01-08), it was pretty cute, though only two pages long.

Spoiler for Omake:

Chapter 9, reveals more about the Kano and kisses.

Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Another cute chapter. Considering the name of the manga (Velvet Kiss) its pretty obvious that kiss is one of the central things in this manga, at least in my opinion.

Kiss is very sensual act, of course there are various types of kiss, but as a rule kiss is pretty intimate thing, not as much as physical level but on a psychological one.

And it could be one of the keys to this manga. As Kano has sex, but it is not intimate and she doenst feel sensual closeness with it as its just an act of mating, (even at the start of her relationship with Nitta she is pretty distant), but kiss cannot be as easily brushed away. Its kind of a symbol of personal act in this manga, compared to nonpersonal act (when in orgies) - sex.
Closed Thread

Tags
borderline hentai, harumi chihiro, manga, mature, romance