AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 09:38   Link #21
Rurik
Golden

The only thing I got to say about the funny chapter is Chuoji remark on RasenShuriken:

“When you said RasenShurken I tough it would go flying around (as everyone that read Chapter 339), but you actually run and have to smash it into someone?” Hilarious.

Sabaku Kyu It should be a small type of Raikiri, something that is not as Chakra consuming as the real deal.
Old 2007-02-01, 09:42   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
How's that? If I understood the chapter correctly Kakuzu stops Naruto just out of range, I don't see what would have been different with a regular rasengan. Did I miss something?
Yeah, Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto, Naruto couldn't maintain his jutsu long enough.
Differently speaking this is a Naruto "Ooops I Did it Again" moment.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:42   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
The only thing I got to say about the funny chapter is Chuoji remark on RasenShuriken:

“When you said RasenShurken I tough it would go flying around (as everyone that read Chapter 339), but you actually run and have to smash it into someone?” Hilarious.
-Maybe he should have called it the Rasen-buzzsaw or something instead. Unless of course the name serves to deceive the opponents into believing that he's going to throw it but they are then shocked to find that he'd charging at them head on...
Old 2007-02-01, 09:48   Link #24
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Yeah, Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto, Naruto couldn't maintain his jutsu long enough.
Kishi forgot to show Kakuzu's pants at that moment. He was miraculously saved by the jutsu's short deadline.

And Kakuzu feeling the need to use all of his strength to stop the clones is also interesting.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 10:14   Link #25
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Is it me or are both Chouji and Ino blind? Naruto has been using the Kyuubi's chakra throughout this chapter and they cannot seem to notice that all of a sudden Naruto's eyes have lost their human appearance. If they are not aware of the fact that Naruto's a Jinchuuriki then shouldn't they at least wonder why this is happening?

-Now then, as far as I'm concerned, Kishimoto could have made Naruto fail to kill Kakuzu in a much more "respecteable" way by having Kakuzu sacrifice one of his 3 remaining hearts to block that attack and then have the chapter end with Kakuzu strangling Naruto in the last panel with the threads. But no, he chose to make Naruto look like a complete idiot, AGAIN FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME and completely ruin our expectations for the next chapter. Bet he'll fail the next attempt as well. Geez, just kill him off then. Send him to the Akatsuki, extract the Kyuubi and end his miserable, pathetic, worthless life...
Old 2007-02-01, 10:42   Link #26
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Wow Kakashi has alot of Chakra.

I really don't like Naruto beating Kakuzu in 1 go like that, i mean maybe on a 2nd or 3rd time out of luck..

Sasuke-kun was on the last page ^.^, Just me or did he look really good?

Nothing on Hidan either =<.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 10:48   Link #27
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Nothing on Hidan either =<.
-The more I'm reminded of Hidan's predicament the more I'm begining to think that he is never coming out of that grave of his. It's really got to suck for him now, what with being an undying, disembodied corpse covered in dirt and rock. He'll spend an eternity like that if no one comes to his aid...
Old 2007-02-01, 10:58   Link #28
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto
-The more I'm reminded of Hidan's predicament the more I'm begining to think that he is never coming out of that grave of his. It's really got to suck for him now, what with being an undying, disembodied corpse covered in dirt and rock. He'll spend an eternity like that if no one comes to his aid...
Well, if he doesn't get out himself, Zetsu will find him for sure . He robbed Sasori's dead body for his and almost got Deidei's before Deidei could.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 11:01   Link #29
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave View Post
Well, if he doesn't get out himself, Zetsu will find him for sure . He robbed Sasori's dead body for his and almost got Deidei's before Deidei could.
-How is he going to get out himself, the guy is blown to pieces at the moment? His head is off and so are his arms and legs. Unless his God Jashin helps him recover then he isn't getting out for a while (if he gets out at all)...
Old 2007-02-01, 11:03   Link #30
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Yeah, the fact that Hidan wasn't even mentioned should tell you about his fate. He is toast. Kishi is moving on. I wonder if Zetsu will even eat him and get the ring? The AL might not even care. So long Hidan.

Shika, Sai, and Sakura will probably just show up in the next couple of chapters at the fight. Shika probably gives Naruto some words of encouragement. I sort of missed Shika-kun in this chapter, but with the way this chapter went, I am glad he stayed away. This is Naruto's time to shine.

According to Yamato, even though it’s called a RasenShuriken, it has to hit from up close. You can't throw it. Damn.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 11:11   Link #31
Rezard

I hope this failed RasenShuriken was just a ploy to make Kakuzu fight from a distance and the new jutsu is middle ranged. Making the new rasengam the same would be a waste.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 11:15   Link #32
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
I hope this failed RasenShuriken was just a ploy to make Kakuzu fight from a distance and the new jutsu is middle ranged. Making the new rasengam the same would be a waste.
I really doubt that after all this explanation, it was really a ploy. as this form of RasenShuriken is the reason why Yamato said this Jutsu is only half completed to begin with, not to mention Naruto put his life in danger, normally he leaves the KB for the ploy, not himself.
Old 2007-02-01, 11:24   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I really doubt that after all this explanation, it was really a ploy. as this form of RasenShuriken is the reason why Yamato said this Jutsu is only half completed to begin with, not to mention Naruto put his life in danger, normally he leaves the KB for the ploy, not himself.
There is still one definite way to achieve success without dangering himself that much. But, in that case, Naruto needs Yamato's help to suppress Kyuubi's chakra. Naruto needs to create a lot of clones who will create multiple Rasengan-Shurikens. If he combines that with a few other clones, he might achieve success with at least one of those Rasengan Shurikens.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 11:26   Link #34
Mists

Damn...such a so-so chapter...at least you see Naruto repeating history as Kakashi needed the 4th to be saved when he did his new jutsu. I wonder where in the anime would be the gaiden.

Anyway, it was actually quite disappointing. Kazuzu has been demoted from cool to your usual enemy seeking an end. He seemed calculated before but now he got distracted by 3 clones? He even used his jutsus? He saw naruto come at him with a kunai...and other two clones like barehanded. He knew about that jutsu and that it would be trouble if he were to get hit YET he kept his eyes off it.

hmmmm
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 11:43   Link #35
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kishi is known to do that to drag chapters to a point of sheer frustation he did the same in rescue Sauckay arc all those unessecary flashback and unessecary emo-ness . If Kishi is emo let him be but why pass on that emo attitude to charas . I dont know this what meant to be a teaser or what.

Also I was expecting some amount of improvement from Choji / Ino sadly they have shown none . There calm guaging attitude is painful I really wonder whos sensei died leaving Shika the other 2 are almost devoid of emotions, just happy being idle spectators
Old 2007-02-01, 12:01   Link #36
chuckcsf

So again we go back to the question, what changed in Naruto??? He showed us a new powerful jutsu and he even showed us some brain function but did he also become faster or did Kakuzu become slower? Hopefully next week will emphasize more on the changes in Naruto.

Also, I know that it is good to show the goofy side of Naruto once in a while but what irritates me is they don't show anything else in this chapter but that. Atleast they could have showed a little bit more action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Also I was expecting some amount of improvement from Choji / Ino sadly they have shown none . There calm guaging attitude is painful I really wonder whos sensei died leaving Shika the other 2 are almost devoid of emotions, just happy being idle spectators
Well, they are not as popular as Shika so they don't deserve an upgrade or screen time. It would be a waste of ink and paper.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 12:39   Link #37
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
As disappointed as I am with this chapter, at least Kishi's being consistent. If he didn't have an unnecessarily long introduction, then at least some of his old character is still there. It'll be hilarious when it's animated.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 12:48   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n

Naruto was trying to do something that not even the 4th hokage was able to achieve. Why are so many complaining that Naruto didn't surpass the 4th hokage in one chapter? Kishimoto probably wanted to show that such a super-jutsu cannot be achieved so easily, it's supposed to be something that sannins and hokage cannot do, something that will define Naruto as a legendary ninja and the move that gives the name "hurricane chronicles" to the anime. It must be something which is achieved by Naruto giving in his essence, and Naruto's essence as a ninja is to give all he has and risk his life to become the best. And of course Yamato and Kakashi should understand that ( regardless of the fact that those 4 have no chance against Kakuzu ). Which leads us to a well known anime cliche: the hero leveling up in a world-saving fight. It would be cool if this fight turns out to be like Goku against Freeza: Goku turned into SSJ form, a long fight where Freeza has leveled up many times where his form changed, we already saw how did Kakuzu change into this tentacle-monster, and most probably he has other tricks too. As for Naruto's level up, it would be cool if he suddenly completes his jutsu in this fight.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:00   Link #39
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just hope, that Kakuzu isn't going to get away. I don't really care who finishes him off, at least someone should kill him.

Maybe they don't have the time to observe Naruto's eyes?
I don't always look into the eyes of others, especially not when I'm busy... for example by paying attention to a dangerous enemy.
Also, they are watching him from behind.

This chapter is meaningless. Naruto screwed up, but no-one got hurt in the process and he'll be allowed to go solo again. The situation didn't change one bit during the chapter (even if Naruto was made a fool of again)

Surprised that Kakuzu wanted to kill Naruto (unless he can manage to take Naruto's heart without killing him (by providing him another one for example). Maybe Yugito was his Jinchuuriki (and not Hidan's) and he doesn't give a fuck about the others.

Kakashi allowing Naruto to go alone all the time really pisses me off. What the hell was the very first test bell about ?
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:05   Link #40
cani
That´s my way of ninja

suckiest chapter ever...and whats that rasengan all about?
i dont get how its stronger than the rasengan...the oosama rasengan or however its called.i mean one rasengan kills u already..and its close ranged..but that new rasengan..is still close range but just stronger?what the hell?doesnt maek sense at all!
cani is offline   Reply With Quote