AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-16, 12:46   Link #21
Rasty

^ Yeah, but it takes some guts to progress his relationships with other girls while his main wife is watching and commenting on everything.

The main fight CG was kind of gamey. Though it looked decent enough especially when compared to the gems like the first episode of Arifureta or the Overlord CG.

I kind of dislike the MC design. He already has the "irritating ikemen" base with the middle hair flick etc., but the new antenna/handsfree from his left ear is just terrible.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 14:25   Link #22
Magewolf

That was a bit disappointing. They changed the fight in a way that makes a huge plot hole. And it does not bode well for the future if they are already doing that.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 14:30   Link #23
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
The main fight CG was kind of gamey. Though it looked decent enough especially when compared to the gems like the first episode of Arifureta or the Overlord CG.
Don't forget climax of "So, I'm a Spider".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
That was a bit disappointing. They changed the fight in a way that makes a huge plot hole. And it does not bode well for the future if they are already doing that.
Atleast compared to Manga (haven't read the WN or LN yet), the only thing they changed are,
- mention of a certain someone during the time when Clotho evolved.
- shortening the fight against those 3 people

For the later, it isn't really a big deal, as those 3 were just fodders.

For the former, well they could easily add that info later on (which they would probably, as per the OP). And while dropping that kind-off info is ok for a reading format like Novel or Manga, in Anime they would have needed more focus on that specific part which would have felt like them squeezing too much in a single episode.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-07-16 at 14:46.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 14:59   Link #24
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Don't forget climax of "So, I'm a Spider".

Atleast compared to Manga (haven't read the WN or LN yet), the only thing they changed are,
- mention of a certain someone during the time when Clotho evolved.
- shortening the fight against those 3 people

For the later, it isn't really a big deal, as those 3 were just fodders.

For the former, well they could easily add that info later on (which they would probably, as per the OP). And while dropping that kind-off info is ok for a reading format like Novel or Manga, in Anime they would have needed more focus on that specific part which would have felt like them squeezing too much in a single episode.
I think you need to recheck the manga. There is a huge difference in the way the fight against the three assholes ends that even involves them adding a short scene later on to fix it but it still leaves the huge plot hole I mentioned.
Old 2022-07-16, 15:10   Link #25
Huh...?

Quote:
I think you need to recheck the manga. There is a huge difference in the way the fight against the three assholes ends that even involves them adding a short scene later on to fix it but it still leaves the huge plot hole I mentioned.
Yeah, in the Manga one of them gets split in half because of a spell from Kelvin.
While its unknown what happens to the other two (we only see Clotho covering one with its body, not sure if it ate him or not). But whether they lived in the Anime doesn't really matter, as supposedly they are en-route to get executed either way.

Overall, the Anime only changed the fact that "Kelvin isn't out for blood in a fight".
Now how much this impacts the story is unclear, as its something that could be changed later easily.

Old 2022-07-16, 15:30   Link #26
Magewolf

Quote:
Yeah, in the Manga one of them gets split in half because of a spell from Kelvin.
While its unknown what happens to the other two (we only see Clotho covering one with its body, not sure if it ate him or not). But whether they lived in the Anime doesn't really matter, as supposedly they are en-route to get executed either way.

Overall, the Anime only changed the fact that "Kelvin isn't out for blood in a fight".
Now how much this impacts the story is unclear, as its something that could be changed later easily.
He killed all three of them, partly because they had seen his summon. Leaving them alive to tell everyone about it makes no sense. And what does this mean for the later fights? Is he just going to knock everyone out?
Spoiler for info not shown directly yet in anime:
Old 2022-07-16, 15:40   Link #27
Huh...?

Quote:
He killed all three of them, partly because they had seen his summon. Leaving them alive to tell everyone about it makes no sense. And what does this mean for the later fights? Is he just going to knock everyone out?
Well, in the Anime they never showed them being able to figure out that he is a Summoner, so in the end it doesn't really matter with the changes of that part.

And,
Spoiler:

Old 2022-07-16, 15:55   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

The CG could've been interesting if they kept the fighting game style 2D view but when it moved to full 3D it was too jarring.
Old 2022-07-16, 20:02   Link #29
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I forgot about the CGI way back in the PV. It's not bad when it's steady or just moving sideways but when it's being dynamic and moving all over, it makes me cringe. That initial standoff before the start of the fight had Kelvin move so unnaturally that it looked gross. Gerard looks ok when he was talking to Kelvin and some still shots were ok but most of the fight with Kelvin moving around was bad. Given how the fights will escalate from here when he gets more comrades and fights better enemies, better hope that the CGI improves or just get used to cringing from it.

I say it's doing well to show bit by bit that he does like fighting. They show him having that evil smirk from time to time to show that he enjoys the moment. He thinks things and plans for fights. Showing it slowly is fine like this for me. I can't remember how we fully learn of his battle junkie tendencies but we'll probably hear it from the veteran knight monster himself when they fight some more and take note how his master fights. Maybe even Melfina knows about it and will tell us upfront later when he does show it.
And before you say it's a spoiler, several sites like Crunchyroll and MAL have mentioned him being a battle junkie in their synopsis.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 21:06   Link #30
Strahan

Not bad. Since he lost his prior memories, it's like the isekai aspect is only here so they can write the "I'm learning about this world" bits with an adult and have it make sense, heh. The part I like about isekai is when they can leverage the knowledge of our world for gains in the other. Ah well.

With the fight against the three guys in the last episode, it seems like he already forgot about his "don't say I'm a summoner" thing. I suppose he could say the slime was just a random wandering monster, but then it chased coward in and dealt with the other guys w/o going after MC. That'll be a little difficult to explain. I guess next ep I'll see if they explain it, or just sweep it under the rug lol

It's funny how some voices are so distinctive. The old guy at the very end says one line and I'm like "Jiraya!"
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 00:00   Link #31
Chosen_Hero

Ugh, that cg was so jarring, why do studios think it's a good idea to just go full cg for no reason? Just keep it 2d if you can't do a proper cg fight without it looking uncanny as hell.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one that wants to rip off that crappy thing of off his ear, it looks so stupid.
Old 2022-07-17, 04:27   Link #32
Lex79

The cg battle makes me wonder how a game from this series would turn out.
Old 2022-07-17, 06:11   Link #33
larethian

Boring episode 1, but a more interesting episode 2. At least even with whatever cheats he has, Kelvin needs to level himself and progress, making it more palatable than the "Tensei 2nd class" show. Obviously, that slave half-elf must be the daughter of the black knight.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 12:15   Link #34
Rasty

Quote:
I liked him killing the 3 better as it makes more sense (with him hiding his identity), but I guess the anime wants to appeal to lower aged audience more. That is a bit of pity for later events, though I doubt season 1 will get so far.

Spoiler for MC driving force:
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 14:57   Link #35
Magewolf

Quote:
I liked him killing the 3 better as it makes more sense (with him hiding his identity), but I guess the anime wants to appeal to lower aged audience more. That is a bit of pity for later events, though I doubt season 1 will get so far.

Spoiler for MC driving force:
I was exaggerating a bit but he does rack up a large body count of human and human looking people as the story goes along so I wonder what they are going to do about it.
Old 2022-07-17, 20:57   Link #36
larethian

Quote:

~snipped~
Firstly, spoilers or future spoilers shouldn't be discussed here.

Secondly, based purely on the anime development up till now, it would make less sense if he had killed them. It doesn't feel normal for him to engage in "killing" just because he wants to hide his identity. Taking people's lives is not to be made light of, even if they are heinous criminals. I can only buy it if he was in real-time danger or there are other lead-ups and build-ups that strengthen his resolve to "kill evil guys" or "to protect his identity". Unless he is established to be a cold-blooded murderer or everything here is established to be just a game. But neither has been done nor hinted at.

If he's totally ok with killing and the only justification is to hide his identity without any build up that indicates he's going to be in mortal danger if his identity gets revealed (either that or make him a psychopath), it just reeks of bad writing and poor characterization. Totally nonsensical.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 23:13   Link #37
Frontier

I did think it was kind of funny how the guard in front of their cell had to explicitly tell them they're going to get executed like that was something the audience absolutely needed to hear .
Old 2022-07-18, 14:40   Link #38
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Firstly, spoilers or future spoilers shouldn't be discussed here.

Secondly, based purely on the anime development up till now, it would make less sense if he had killed them. It doesn't feel normal for him to engage in "killing" just because he wants to hide his identity. Taking people's lives is not to be made light of, even if they are heinous criminals. I can only buy it if he was in real-time danger or there are other lead-ups and build-ups that strengthen his resolve to "kill evil guys" or "to protect his identity". Unless he is established to be a cold-blooded murderer or everything here is established to be just a game. But neither has been done nor hinted at.

If he's totally ok with killing and the only justification is to hide his identity without any build up that indicates he's going to be in mortal danger if his identity gets revealed (either that or make him a psychopath), it just reeks of bad writing and poor characterization. Totally nonsensical.
And that is why letting them live is a problem. It reveals his secret and hurts his characterization.
Old 2022-07-18, 16:17   Link #39
Huh...?

Quote:
And that is why letting them live is a problem. It reveals his secret and hurts his characterization.
The thing is, the Anime never clarified that those 3 knew his Secret.
Unlike the Manga (or maybe LN), were that leader guy was able to figure out his truth, here nothing like that happened.

Truthfully, to me the Manga one felt more odd, considering Summoner class should be really rare and almost no one should have info on it. So, how did that random guy figure it out so quickly.

As for killing part.
Well, MC is a battle junkie in the Manga, so he always fought with his life on the line (aka., for him each fight is either live or die type).
He doesn't really specifically go for the kill.

Old 2022-07-18, 16:43   Link #40
Magewolf

Quote:
The thing is, the Anime never clarified that those 3 knew his Secret.
Unlike the Manga (or maybe LN), were that leader guy was able to figure out his truth, here nothing like that happened.

Truthfully, to me the Manga one felt more odd, considering Summoner class should be really rare and almost no one should have info on it. So, how did that random guy figure it out so quickly.

As for killing part.
Well, MC is a battle junkie in the Manga, so he always fought with his life on the line (aka., for him each fight is either live or die type).
He doesn't really specifically go for the kill.
The thief looking guy saw his slime being summoned. He may not have shouted out "He's a summoner" but unless he is blind he knows it. And summoners are rare but they are "nuclear bomb" rare so they are well known anyway.