AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-11, 11:41   Link #21
quimbley
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukato
Hmm..I think the anime and manga are both good until about Volume 11 where the manga is far superior.
Whoa, so you're saying that the manga and anime are both good up until the point where the anime ends? Crazy ideas, man. You're a revolutionary.
Old 2003-11-13, 14:12   Link #22
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i watched the OVA before i read the manga probably why i liked it more than you did. hahahaha. if i watch it now, id hate it for sure.

BTW: in vol. 7 there is a part where there is white space next to keitaro ovbiously for dialogue, however there is nothing in it. Is this because the tokyopop messed up or was it something they did on purpose? (2wice)
Gimmie a page to look at and I'll find it for ya.

Actually, TP is pretty bad at editing in some cases. In vol 1, Naru tells Keitaro to "don't gives up." And in vol 3, there is an empty bubble and the text is moved to the first one in the next pannel. 10 is the worst for mistakes, where they even mess up the left-to-right format at one point. I'm half tempted to write TP an email pointing out some of these mistakes.

On an entirely different note: How many "Easter Eggs" have people found in the manga? An Easter Egg is a hidden joke that you have to look hard for (kinda like extra features on a DVD that is hidden in the menu) I've fond a few myself:

Vol 3, page 37: Naru crashes into the anime display while running rom Keitaro. In the pannel in the bottom right corner, you can make out Squall and Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII in th eackground!

There are also instances where K & N really sitng each other with a comment, and they get stabbed by a sword. In vol 5 Naru gets stabbed by a lightsaber, and somewhere else (can't remember where), Keitaro gets stabbed by Cloud's Buster Sword from FFVII.

I'm sure there are more. Happy hunting!
Old 2003-11-13, 17:08   Link #23
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric
Looks like Vol. 7, page 115 at the bottom. There is no translated text in the bottom far right pannel.
Old 2003-11-13, 20:16   Link #24
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Well, according to my scanlation, the text goes as follows:

Narusegawa... I don't get anything from you this year?

I suppose she was busy with her studies...
Old 2003-11-13, 21:15   Link #25
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:

Actually, TP is pretty bad at editing in some cases. In vol 1, Naru tells Keitaro to "don't gives up." And in vol 3, there is an empty bubble and the text is moved to the first one in the next pannel. 10 is the worst for mistakes, where they even mess up the left-to-right format at one point. I'm half tempted to write TP an email pointing out some of these mistakes.

On an entirely different note: How many "Easter Eggs" have people found in the manga? An Easter Egg is a hidden joke that you have to look hard for (kinda like extra features on a DVD that is hidden in the menu) I've fond a few myself:

Vol 3, page 37: Naru crashes into the anime display while running rom Keitaro. In the pannel in the bottom right corner, you can make out Squall and Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII in th eackground!

There are also instances where K & N really sitng each other with a comment, and they get stabbed by a sword. In vol 5 Naru gets stabbed by a lightsaber, and somewhere else (can't remember where), Keitaro gets stabbed by Cloud's Buster Sword from FFVII.

I'm sure there are more. Happy hunting!
TP is really good. The ones i have are all pretty good. ive only noticed 2 empty bubbles and everything else is perfect

IF anyone is willing, can u list the problems?
Old 2003-11-13, 21:52   Link #26
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

I am currently re-reading LH (for like the 5th time). I think I'll keep a list of all the mistakes I find this time.
Old 2003-11-14, 03:29   Link #27
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
I am currently re-reading LH (for like the 5th time). I think I'll keep a list of all the mistakes I find this time.
thanks. im re-reading it too. But since i got it recently, some of the problems MAY have been fixed. (dont know)

as for the easter eggs i got one

in vol.1 when u get to see Keitaro's photo collection u see one of the pictures on it has a Pikachu frame. Does this count as the "easter eggs"
Old 2003-11-14, 19:48   Link #28
Spyre
"Soon"

I think people are being much too picky with Tokyopop. From what I've read they are extremely good. I'm sure the scanlation has many many more translation errors than the TP version does. Just becouse TP is different from the scanlation doesnt mean they are wrong.

Plus the fact that they put out 1 volume a month (more or less). Thats faster than every scanlation group operates.

I am more than happy with my Tokyopop manga.

Viz on the other hand...
Old 2003-11-14, 20:52   Link #29
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
I think people are being much too picky with Tokyopop. From what I've read they are extremely good. I'm sure the scanlation has many many more translation errors than the TP version does. Just becouse TP is different from the scanlation doesnt mean they are wrong.

Plus the fact that they put out 1 volume a month (more or less). Thats faster than every scanlation group operates.

I am more than happy with my Tokyopop manga.

Viz on the other hand...

hey i LOVE tokyopop, they're the best. but they had EMPTY bubbles. thats all im looking for. and they accidently put words in wrong boxes, we can tell because it doesnt make sense.
Old 2003-11-15, 02:22   Link #30
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Indeed. Tokyopop and ADV are the best companies for manga (and they're both the new compnies... Hmmm....). But the editors at TP need to get new glasses or something when they go over the final copies before sending them off to the printers so they don't make such obvious mistakes.

BTW, found another empty bubble. This one in Vol 6, page 150. text from scanlation is as follows:

M: Morning Naru-san!

K:What are you hiding back there?

N: Nothing! There's nothing back there!

They left out Mutsumi's line, and moved the other two lines into the previous bubbles.

And the reason I compare it to the scanlation (which may indeed be faulty as well), is because it's the closest thing I have to the actuall original release. And since I can't read kanji, this is the best I can do.

Oh, and when I got this scanlation, it was all together in a zip file through a P2P program on my university's LAN line. I didn't even know what a manga was when I DLed it.
Old 2003-11-16, 14:28   Link #31
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
Even the girls in the manga are WAY hotter
Old 2003-11-18, 21:43   Link #32
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

It's a good story but it gets annoying.
Old 2003-11-18, 23:18   Link #33
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuki_desu
It's a good story but it gets annoying.
how so?? Its #1 USA release of the yr 2003! they got an award and everything
haha, but seriously everything has positives and negatives.
Old 2003-11-29, 21:32   Link #34
alexfan90

Question love hina:::bilingual

What do you guys think of the bilingual love hina series by Kodansha. How do you like the translations compared to TokyoPop? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 2003-11-29, 23:28   Link #35
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfan90
What do you guys think of the bilingual love hina series by Kodansha. How do you like the translations compared to TokyoPop? Thanks in advance!!!
I find them much better to read. The translation may be a bit more literal at times, plus I have the Japanese on the side if I need to verify things. I also like the packaging on the Bilingual much better than the Tokyopop versions.
Old 2003-11-30, 22:23   Link #36
alexfan90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I find them much better to read. The translation may be a bit more literal at times, plus I have the Japanese on the side if I need to verify things. I also like the packaging on the Bilingual much better than the Tokyopop versions.
well since i cant read japanese, do you think it will be dificult to understand the story just on the english translations?
Old 2003-12-01, 00:33   Link #37
LynnieS

Not difficult, IMHO, no, but if these are the books that I think they are, the publisher stopped publishing them after book 8(?) when TokyoPop got the license. They're the thin books with the Japanese covers, yes?

Or am I sadly mistaken?
Old 2003-12-01, 01:28   Link #38
alexfan90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Not difficult, IMHO, no, but if these are the books that I think they are, the publisher stopped publishing them after book 8(?) when TokyoPop got the license. They're the thin books with the Japanese covers, yes?

Or am I sadly mistaken?
Ya its those. They're published by Kodansha i think.
Old 2003-12-06, 04:12   Link #39
alexfan90

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 2004-05-06, 01:24   Link #40
dis guy
some guy

Smile love hina

first time posting, but a goodfriend of mine is reading love hina and she says its good but it looks kinda stupid to me. but i wouldn't mind readin it to get into wut she likes but i was wonderin if ne1 could give me some info about it. thnx in advance.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, harem