AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 09:21   Link #121
Alchemist007
*Author

Contrary to the opinion of most Ulq fans of this fight, I love the setup. Ulq has at most what? Had to use two whole hands to stop a Getsuga once? I would call the next couple eps simply orgasmic in response to his own ego, Aizen worshipping, hype, and otherwise jackassical nature. But to give him credit, he is a worthy stepping stone, even if merely in power (because whatever his ideals are, they are but BS to Ichigo).
Old 2010-05-14, 09:44   Link #122
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The high point of Bleach was back in the first 63 episodes and its corresponding manga chapters. It's been downhill ever since. Kubo can't learn to kill off any good guys holy shit.
Okay, high point in recent time, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

So it is indeed possible to show the expression of concern without her toiling the words, "Kurosaki kun" for the umpteenth time. The animators really went all out on the drawing, especially the character design, and no one benefited more than Orihime. Ulqui was equally dashing.
They even have the shadows from her hair too! It's good that they are not skimping out here. A character like Inoue really needs those facial expressions with only one word for dialogue.

Quote:
So was anyone playing "Smack my bitch up" by Prodigy during the Ichigo smack down? All my frustration with Bleach slightly relented as Ichigo was getting pummeled. Ulqui is my hero. So I was thoroughly saddened when he went for the second release already when the first release was already overpowering. It means Kubo just paved the way for a Ichigo-hax0r to defeat this sexy beast. All this talk for absolute victory by Ulqui is nothing but to cheapen the awesomeness of that is Ulqui in the hands of a really bad storyteller. Kubo you suck (when it comes to storytelling.)
I think they could have mashed him up a little more. I think the censors got in the way here...again. And Ulq released to get Ichigo to shit his pants more so it's not really poor storytelling. Everyone knows something is going to happen but what happens, well, let's just say is awesome and I didn't see it approaching like that.
Old 2010-05-14, 10:03   Link #123
Alchemist007
*Author

It's the law of Shounen story telling really.
Old 2010-05-15, 02:28   Link #124
JustRob

What the hell is the anime doing? First they give Gin red eyes, now he has teal eyes? Jeez, make up your damn minds.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:46   Link #125
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quick fact time - they gave him red eyes at the start because the Bleach cover featuring Gin's true eye colour hadn't been released yet. (Why they couldn't just ASK the manga-ka is beyond me). Giving him teal/blue eyes now is most likely them just correcting past errors.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:22   Link #126
Alchemist007
*Author

I think red was better on him.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:31   Link #127
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So do I...but this isn't my anime :P Well, considering Gin almost always keeps his eyes closed, it's not that much of a problem.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:26   Link #128
Uchiha Soul

Wow i didnt think i'll enjoy this fight .. Ulq is so storng or should i say Ichigo is so weak .. it was a relief to watch Ichigo got shit beaten out of him for once

Old 2010-05-15, 09:41   Link #129
JustRob

I don't know, this fight doesn't really appeal to me for some reason. I don't like the gloomy, emo-ness it has. It's so dark. I don't know, I think they could have done better with Ulquiorra, like have him fight someone who's not Ichigo.

Orihime looked pretty sexy in her torn-up outfit though, and Uryuu's spirit-hoverboard was pretty cool too. But damn, that guy needs to either get rid of that cape, or get a longer one.
Old 2010-05-15, 10:10   Link #130
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

is it just me or is it that in the end credits kenpachi isnt seen?
Old 2010-05-15, 11:38   Link #131
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Wow...

Biggest....cliffhanger.....ever

I'm so tempted to see what happens via manga but I'm trying desperately to hold out until next week.
Old 2010-05-15, 12:06   Link #132
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
is it just me or is it that in the end credits kenpachi isnt seen?
he isn't.
not the only one missing though (yachiru, soifon, omaeda and yamamoto to name a few).
kinda hard to feature the entirety of such a bloated cast in such a short time.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:04   Link #133
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
Wow...

Biggest....cliffhanger.....ever

I'm so tempted to see what happens via manga but I'm trying desperately to hold out until next week.
Only a couple of days you can hold out

It'll be worth it, although it doesn't hurt to go over the chapter thereafter to compare the differences.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:52   Link #134
Oblivion0509

I haven't read the manga at all and don't plan to but...could somebody tell me if Ichigo actually learns any other move besides Getsuga Tenshou? the fillers used that move so many times it's as lame as Naruto's Rasengan and Shadow Clone combo.

I feel like this anime is starting to become the modern day Dragon Ball Z what with 10,000 good guys and nobody ever dying and the possibility of Inoue resurrecting anybody she damn pleases to. I'm really starting to lose interest in this show entirely.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:54   Link #135
JustRob

No, sorry, he doesn't
Old 2010-05-15, 15:11   Link #136
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I feel like this anime is starting to become the modern day Dragon Ball Z what with 10,000 good guys and nobody ever dying and the possibility of Inoue resurrecting anybody she damn pleases to. I'm really starting to lose interest in this show entirely.
Now, now...don't diss Dragonball, Goku died a few times, Krillin died 4 or 5 times, Piccolo also died his fair share, and enough people died to make an undead tournament. The fact that they got rezzed later is irrelevant
Bleach got an immortal cast that's only been increasing in numbers since day one.
Old 2010-05-15, 15:32   Link #137
JustRob

DBZ is still pretty hardcore imo. I was watching Dragonball Kai recently, and I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was that one scene where Frieza attacks a Namek village. I was pretty surprised. One of the Nameks got a hand rammed through his stomach, a Namek child got blown to crap, and another Namek got tortured and then got his neck broken.

So when you look at it that way, DBZ has plenty of gore. Actually, it goes pretty far. Another example is Frieza VS Nail, where Frieza easily rips off Nail's arm while he screams out in agony. So yeah, even if they don't die, they still get the pain.

Ofcourse, DBZ is a league of its own, Bleach can't compare. In DBZ, people can blow planets to shit with one finger, I don't see people in Bleach doing that.
Old 2010-05-15, 15:35   Link #138
kamyu

well bleach has bits and pieces of gore too, until the anime team gets a hold of it anyway...
Old 2010-05-15, 15:39   Link #139
JustRob

The anime censors too much, like when Matsumoto was injured against Allon. They even added a part to Halibel's boobs, come on.

At least DBZ had an uncut version
Old 2010-05-15, 16:19   Link #140
Butagami

This was one awesome ep. As soon as Ichigo becomes conscious of the "Resolve=win", it stops working. it's like that when you tell someone your wish, it won't come true.

It would be funny if Ishida took a go at beating ulquiorra:

Ishida: *nails Ulqui's wings to the floor with his arrows* That should help.
Ulqui: Well......shit.

Or Ishida could speedsew his wings together. Or knit him some Bat-ears. Or combine the three.
Closed Thread