AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 54 58.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 18.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-14, 13:27   Link #21
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

"pretty".

And MAL has See visionS listed to start at ep 15. I know MAL isn't always right but the fact that they have the episodes listed for both the OP and ED this early and the change has to go through moderation makes me believe that it's the correct episode slots. I'm guessing there's a scan or something posted on 2ch confirming it.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:44   Link #22
Miraluka
Banned

The Observer's avatar coloured version.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:36   Link #23
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Itsuwaaaaaaaaaa !!!!
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:11   Link #24
gaboratamer

WOw, Touma is already punching people and the new ending was nice. AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH ITSUWA!!!!

Next ep: YEEEAAHHH Ice Golems!!!!
gaboratamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:38   Link #25
pampz21
ShipCore

looks like they pick up a slow pace well not the slow though! and new ed was great seeing Touma in winter uniform give a new vibe! to Touma wearing the same clothes over and over again! well seeing Touma in the rain probably predict vol 12-13 and nice body Orsola!!!!!

EDIT: Im a sucker for blond girls! and short hair??/? I have a short hair fetish!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:45   Link #26
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

great episode, animation was pretty good, and made my laugh a lot, lol at toumas bart simpson like wardrobe(or suitcase), itsuwa moeness is high in the anime, probably the best directed and scripted episode so far, i liked the ending a lot index looked so cute and touma was so cool, also its good they dont force mikoto in the ed, maybe the op for her?.

also i suspect the scenes touma reminisces are part of an "unaired episode".
Old 2011-01-14, 17:58   Link #27
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I thought this was a pretty awesome episode. It didn't feel too rushed or too slow while going through two chapters and the ice ships were really well animated. Also, the new ending is pretty awesome but I was looking forward to seeing the new opening this week...

Also, ITSUWAAAAAAAAAAAA~ <3

Prologue:
Spoiler for volume 11 un frammento di un piano:

“THE RIGHT SIDE IS THE BATHROOM, THE LEFT SIDE IS ALSO ANOTHER BATHROOOOOOM!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! THIS IS JUST HELL WAITING FOR ME ON BOTH SIDES!!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! WHY ARE THERE TWO BATHROOMS IN THIS HOUSE!?!?!?”

Sniping attempt + abducted on ship

Old 2011-01-14, 19:51   Link #28
Mazryonh

I don't know why Touma didn't have the brain cells to simply knock on each of the doors in order to find out who was doing what behind each. It's simple common sense. Of course, each episode is supposed to have its share of fanservice. I would have settled to see more of Mikoto and Touma dancing.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:58   Link #29
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Touma won a trip to Italy, he has some luck, or maybe not. Biri-Biri face when they were dancing was great.

Having Orsola find them was great, glad she has more screen time. Touma really is misfortunate, with 2 bathrooms there was no way it was going to turn out good, but i think he enjoys his misfortune, Orsola

So Roman Catholics after Orsola again? Not surprising to see Agnese again. I did suspect Amakusa of something when they were talking about the hot towel and their plan. Didn't expect them to work with the Roman Catholics though.

If the ships are made out of ice, wouldn't it be freezing inside the ship? BGM was nice this ep.

So i liked the new ED. Index in pj's was nice.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:18   Link #30
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
I don't know why Touma didn't have the brain cells to simply knock on each of the doors in order to find out who was doing what behind each. It's simple common sense.
This is actually said by Touma himself when he opened the door - "At that moment, something occurred to me. Why didn't I think of the simple solution of knocking to check?"

Quote:
So Roman Catholics after Orsola again? Not surprising to see Agnese again. I did suspect Amakusa of something when they were talking about the hot towel and their plan. Didn't expect them to work with the Roman Catholics though.
What? The Amakusa are good people. Their "plan" is about something else entirely unrelated. Exactly how would giving a hot towel to Touma be used to aid the Roman Catholics?
Old 2011-01-14, 20:18   Link #31
Peanutbutter

Nice italian conversation. Was the entire thing correct?

This episode felt so much better than the previous few. Pacing, lack of Touma preaching and straight to the punch, fanservice, Biri biri dereness (a few seconds though). adorable index.

If only every episode were like this.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:24   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All things considered, the way this season has been going, this episode definitely warrant my first "perfect 10"

- The Comedy was awesome.
- The Scenery was awesome.
- The Authenticity of the Italian (words and people and places) was awesome.
- Index somehow manages to crank her moe factor up to 11 throughout this entire episode, plus the ED. (A compliment I don't give out easily)
- Spell Intercept was awesome.
- Embarrassingly deredere Orsola was awesome.
- Surprise Mikoto-Touma folk dance with the subsequent drop kick was awesome.
- Index 'resisting' Airport security was especially awesome.
- Inclusion of the Amakusa gossip was much appreciated.

See J.C staff? You can do it when you try
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:28   Link #33
Seihai
スマイリウム

Finally caught up again. Good post, Chaos2Frozen. Also the fleet scene was very cool and well animated.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:40   Link #34
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, now this is the Index I've known and loved, where have they been keeping it this season? Touma's epic punches and Fukou Da, as well as his ever expanding harem which isn't limited by countries or a single number of bathroom. The humor is actually pretty funny, especially the montage of Touma beaten up in the beginning (I expect the dance with Biribiri to be in the DVD special?), even Index's gluttony is portrayed in a funny way here (maybe I'm biased because I love Italian foods? ) Also, although there's just a few of it (being the setup episode), the bits of action and especially the enriching of the setting of the world is great. The possibility of magic in a foregin land is lovely, especially from the headquarters of the Roman Catholic - as evidenced by the amazing fleet of Ice Ships.

Speaking of which, is it just me, or has the art and animation being improved? Especially for the backgrounds of Italy, and the part when the ships come up is amazing too. I also loved the ominous latin chanting accompanying it when the ship comes out. Pacing is great too...really, this episode has finally rekindled my interest in Index, can't wait for next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
All things considered, the way this season has been going, this episode definitely warrant my first "perfect 10"

See J.C staff? You can do it when you try
Fully agreed, Chaos2Frozen, I really hope they can continue this for the rest of the season. 10/10 from me too.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:50   Link #35
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
If the ships are made out of ice, wouldn't it be freezing inside the ship? BGM was nice this ep.
People doesn't freeze in the igloos :3.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:52   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Very HUGE The Tourist vibes with this episode.
Considering that I have a Venice wallpaper for months now, and I just watched The Tourist last week, and then THIS?

What is this for me, Venice Week? O.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:57   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Definitely a whole lot better than the previous arc... Not saying much, maybe.
It was fairly fun. A lot of nonsense and fanservice though...
Heh, I remember some In-something worshippers dissing Railgun for having too much fanservice. Talk about amusing... ( -_-)

I guess it is nice that the supposed heroine is acting more like one recently... But now she's left behind again...

Mm... The background really wasn't moving much... The very first shot of Touma too... Well, Merry on the other hand...........................
Nothing new here, I guess.

The new ED was pretty cute and good. It seems that the person responsible for it was also the same person that did Railgun. Makes sense!
Hurry up and work on Railgun 2 please

So these boats aren't part-magic at all...? Since Touma already touched it.
..................It happens all the time in Italy. Yesterday, I was walking down the street when the ground broke open and a boat rose out of it. Fearsome Italian technology!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:59   Link #38
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post

What? The Amakusa are good people. Their "plan" is about something else entirely unrelated. Exactly how would giving a hot towel to Touma be used to aid the Roman Catholics?
I know their good people, but i thought it said in the preview that they were working with the Roman Catholics and whatever their current plan is with the ships
Old 2011-01-14, 21:01   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
..................It happens all the time in Italy. Yesterday, I was walking down the street when the ground broke open and a boat rose out of it. Fearsome Italian technology!
You should watch out for crazy people running on rooftops as well, one of them buggers almost got me last year...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:03   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So these boats aren't part-magic at all...? Since Touma already touched it.
Just like the Stiyl's fire monster?

Quote:
Super Sentai!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I know their good people, but i thought it said in the preview that they were working with the Roman Catholics and whatever their current plan is with the ships
Which kind of subs did you got?