AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 06:42   Link #761
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Agreed. Well, given the amount of dialogue and scenes and twists, there's no way this would've fit into one episode to begin with. There's only so much you can cut away

Also: we knew it was going to happen this week but I sure am glad that we're back to having Asuna on screen.

But there was basically no material left in RNR and no substantial cuts were made. Just the little bit about how he saved them in the forest and the meta-story about hunting the ants. That's not enough to fill a whole episode IMHO. It's just my opinion but I think RNR was really well adapted.
And this subject here:
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/02/s...elease-images/
She looks so cute.

Yeah but I think could have been stretched for 2 episodes . It all depends how you do it.

Pretty much like @Clarste said.
Old 2012-08-02, 07:32   Link #762
n120cky

Is that Asuna sleeping there?
Is she sleeping beacause she see Kirito sleeping?

So that's Kirito sleeping hipnotism.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 08:23   Link #763
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Is that Asuna sleeping there?
Is she sleeping beacause she see Kirito sleeping?

So that's Kirito sleeping hipnotism.
It even works on non-players, Yui and Pina

A Murder Case being two episodes is good, from the preview it looks like we'll get a cliffhanger when Yoruko gets stabbed with that weapon in her room?

This might be the best adapted side story yet.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:02   Link #764
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
It even works on non-players, Yui and Pina

A Murder Case being two episodes is good, from the preview it looks like we'll get a cliffhanger when Yoruko gets stabbed with that weapon in her room?

This might be the best adapted side story yet.
If it's a cliffhanger yes its either that scene, or its when Kirito finds out the whole truth
Old 2012-08-02, 09:04   Link #765
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
or its when Kirito finds out the whole truth
Did you mean mystery solved and Case Closed .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 09:19   Link #766
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Did you mean mystery solved and Case Closed .
Probably....-nods-. It's not like the investigation takes a short time anyway, and Yoruko's stabbing happened quite soon after Caynz' fake suicide so I think it's too soon to make a cliffhanger at that moment
Old 2012-08-03, 21:44   Link #767
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Episode 6~8 titles are out:

Spoiler for titles:

I am not liking the looks of that episode 8 title. Seems to me that they aren't bothering with the
Spoiler:
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:23   Link #768
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

Spoiler for titles:

I am not liking the looks of that episode 8 title. Seems to me that they aren't bothering with the
Spoiler:
Why would they? Laughing Coffin crusade has never been written about beyond the details mentioned in the other novels. Also as someone else said, making an anime original episode using those details would just ruin a future GGO arc if we ever get it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:45   Link #769
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Honestly, even assuming that we're all comfortable with the it being an anime-original story, the Laughing Coffin Crusade should be a whole story arc on its own, and not just one episode.

They're better off not adapting it in any shape and form if it's not possible for the anime to commit actual time and resources to that story.

Besides, it's something that can be animated in GGO itself, as a flashback if ever need be.

There's no need to cram the event in the current SAO adaption just because it was something that had happened. I mean, it's the same argument as to why not adapt the Clearing of the Quarter Bosses ( clearly major boss events in Aincrad ), etc?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:53   Link #770
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Why would they? Laughing Coffin crusade has never been written about beyond the details mentioned in the other novels. Also as someone else said, making an anime original episode using those details would just ruin a future GGO arc if we ever get it.
I had a hunch they wouldn't anyway. I just find it odd that they wouldn't mention anything as important as that before heading to GGO (if we'll ever get it), and then there's that-guy-we-know who comes back to bite them much much later. The brief explanation always felt out of the blue for me when I first read that arc. Maybe that's why I didn't like GGO arc as much. Kirito just suddenly get into this new angst mode without warning when he was perfectly fine with it during late-SAO and ALO arc. I guess you can argue that he was too occupied with clearing the game / finding Asuna respectively.

Anyway, I'll take what I'm given so no complaints.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 23:10   Link #771
Divini
Senpai!

Wait, why would he angst over that stuff in ALO? It's not a death game.

If it's about Cradil, he would have clearly murdered him and Asuna. And this is after Asuna spared his life.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 23:10   Link #772
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I had a hunch they wouldn't anyway. I just find it odd that they wouldn't mention anything as important as that before heading to GGO (if we'll ever get it), and then there's that-guy-we-know who comes back to bite them much much later. The brief explanation always felt out of the blue for me when I first read that arc. Maybe that's why I didn't like GGO arc as much. Kirito just suddenly get into this new angst mode without warning when he was perfectly fine with it during late-SAO and ALO arc. I guess you can argue that he was too occupied with clearing the game / finding Asuna respectively.

Anyway, I'll take what I'm given so no complaints.
Isn't that the whole point behind Kirito's emotional turmoil in GGO anyway?

The fact that despite being a murderer-by-circumstances, he had allowed that fact that get by him as he had pretty much 'forgotten' the weight of the less-than-pretty things he had done in SAO, as he moved beyond that and living a real life.

I mean, it's not perfect. Heck, the entirety of SAO is plagued by this problem of disjointed storytelling.

But from the perspective of an anime viewer, will I want a half-baked one-episode of an :

"LC Crusade" +
"Introduction of Villains that Loses Their Relevance Immediately"+
"Random Drama of Kirito PK-ing That Will Not Be Brought Up Until GGO Adaption"

I would honestly say no. If the story doesn't allow for a meaningful direction to why they need such a story in their current flow, it would pretty much be nothing but a fanservice without substance.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 23:47   Link #773
styr

Quote:

Spoiler for titles:

Spoiler:
Wow, thanks for this info! Where'd you find it?

If the 74th boss battle is ep8, then the SAO arc will likely end at Ep 13, I believe.

@Night - they do introduce some LC members during the end of Murder Case, so that might be where they introduce the future antagonist. No need for a LC-centric episode either during the SAO arc, it would be much better as a flashback during GGO as he explains what happened to Sinon.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 23:53   Link #774
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Spoiler for titles:

Spoiler:
Oh this is great. We have confirmation for at least a non-Aria scenario of Episode cramming.

Anyways I agree, there's been no content for a LC arc. It's better to focus on the main story I think.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 02:24   Link #775
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Episode 8's tittle could also hint to when Kirito discovered his Dual Blades skill aswell though
Old 2012-08-04, 03:02   Link #776
styr

Quote:
Episode 8's tittle could also hint to when Kirito discovered his Dual Blades skill aswell though
Kirito discovers dual blades before Warmth of the Heart takes place (where he first shows it off to another person). He doesn't reveal it until the boss fight that occurs early on in Vol 1 in front of like 25-30 people. Which would mean the story would be ending the subplots and going to the main plot. 5-6 episodes to do the bulk of Vol 1 this way.

It isn't like him 'discovering' it would be very cool, either. Although showing him training it up a bit and showing off some awesome moves would be nice. Kirito mentions in the LN that one day he woke up and discovered a new skill that he didn't have before, dual blades. IIRC, it happened shortly after the first year in-game passed.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 03:16   Link #777
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Kirito discovers dual blades before Warmth of the Heart takes place (where he first shows it off to another person). He doesn't reveal it until the boss fight that occurs early on in Vol 1 in front of like 25-30 people. Which would mean the story would be ending the subplots and going to the main plot. 5-6 episodes to do the bulk of Vol 1 this way.

It isn't like him 'discovering' it would be very cool, either. Although showing him training it up a bit and showing off some awesome moves would be nice. Kirito mentions in the LN that one day he woke up and discovered a new skill that he didn't have before, dual blades. IIRC, it happened shortly after the first year in-game passed.
It could be that he's remembering(flashback) the time when he first unlocks that skill, and trains it alone. Still, that's only a possibility to happen that is
Old 2012-08-04, 03:20   Link #778
Clarste
Human

As mentioned, the moment he unlocked it was pretty boring. He was looking at his skill list and noticed something that wasn't there before. The end.

I'm guessing "Black and White Swords" refers to Kirito partying with Asuna.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 04:01   Link #779
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
As mentioned, the moment he unlocked it was pretty boring. He was looking at his skill list and noticed something that wasn't there before. The end.

I'm guessing "Black and White Swords" refers to Kirito partying with Asuna.
After rereading the timeline I guess i have to agree to that, but it could also refer to the duel between Kirito and Asuna(flashback).
Old 2012-08-04, 04:37   Link #780
Clarste
Human

Quote:
After rereading the timeline I guess i have to agree to that, but it could also refer to the duel between Kirito and Asuna(flashback).
I don't think the duel is important enough or long enough to name an episode after. If they're going to include it at all, I'd expect it to be snuck into this episode somewhere, actually.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote