AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-05, 01:43   Link #681
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If you haven't noticed, Jim Bean stole all of his father's. He calls it his inheritance.

But I didn't expect the inspriation behind Athra snapping "Get off my plane!" at Sherlock before kicking him off the Blackbird making the list.

@Marcus: I thot they were... You mean the details of Victorique's travels were covered in that book?
Old 2011-07-05, 02:00   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

But I didn't expect the inspriation behind Athra snapping "Get off my plane!" at Sherlock before kicking him off the Blackbird making the list.
For additional effect, he should be the President of some club... Doesn't matter which, as long as he's the President.
Old 2011-07-05, 03:33   Link #683
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For additional effect, he should be the President of some club... Doesn't matter which, as long as he's the President.
She's the crazy transfer student who is running for class president that is already acting like she's won. And then she goes and wins it (after kicking Sherlock off the plane and many other kingly feats on her first mission at Tokyo Butei).

It's how Pendragon does things.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-07-05 at 03:44.
Old 2011-07-05, 04:35   Link #684
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@MeisterBabylon

Maybe, maybe not. Even as the creator of the Gosick Wiki, I am not infallible.
As for Člise's one-liners, do they exist?

Člise: I do not have a single one-liner that you can identify me with, but I make sure that every word my mouth speaks shall remind you of me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-05, 05:42   Link #685
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Not gonna take one liners from movies, need to finish that short in progress before moving onto snippets, so those lines will eventually come.
Old 2011-07-05, 19:27   Link #686
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype

Uh, hello, I just join and this thread happened to catch my attention. So I'm wondering are you all still accepting new entries?
Old 2011-07-06, 01:07   Link #687
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

yes we are.

Basically the focus of the thread is twofold: generation of OCs to play in the Aria universe and writing stories for those OCs to play in the universe.

Generally we try and keep everything more or less self contained so that we don't trip over each others toes, while some creators are working closely together on a more or less shared universe.

Think of it as the Dark Knight Saga and the Green Lantern Movie - standalone stories that can be linked into a JLA movie. Or better yet, the Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies, leading into Avengers...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-07-06, 06:06   Link #688
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype

Ok, cool. I'll get to work on my character right away.

Name: Dan Leonardo Slate
Nick names: Blank Slate, Stubborn Slate
Nationality: Half English and half Irish
Department: Snipe
Ancestors: No one of particular importance
Weapon (s): Walther WA 2000 sniper rifle, a rather large bowie knife and seath that is strapped to his back, twin uzis (just incase of a close encounters) and a couple of hand and flash grenades.
Ability and Technique: Extreme focusing/enhanced reflexes i.e. the world around him grinds to a snails pace but Dan can still move at the same speed, kind of like bullet time. This can only be triggered during times of dire situation and or as a last resort. Dan dose not have total control over this ability and cannot keep it up for very long.
Equipment Tactical harness for knife, uzis and grenades as well as extra ammo clips. Basic medi kit and a pair of aviator sunglasses.
Character quotes: -You think that's funny do you mate? How funny is it gonna seem when you're picking up your fucking teeth.
-Boohoo, you're braking my fecking heart.

Ok time to talk about the character.

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Background:

Spoiler for Personality/Characteristics:

Ok, time to expand on his ability's

Spoiler for Ability and Technique:

Spoiler for Fun facts and trivia:

So there we go. Let me know if anything needs changing or expanding on.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-09 at 22:07. Reason: because I don't wanna double post.
Old 2011-07-07, 13:13   Link #689
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'll post later, much later, as it's 0208 locally here (GMT +8).

But there's no way he could have been rejected from the SAS. For starters, he's 17 - British Army only allows early entry at 17 - which means that he'd have to run away from home and joined the army at what, 15? - before getting to Selection. Given how grandad and dad are old hands, I'm pretty sure once he joined the army they'd have been able to track him down.

Secondly - SAS, unlike the Royal Marines Commando, does not accept raw recruits - as I understand from my reading, prospective candidates need to serve 4 years before being allowed to apply for Selection. This contrasts with the Royal Marines Commando, which considers itself a Light Infantry Special Operations Force and thus accepts recruits to be trained up to Commando standards.

So, if he'd tried for the Commando, I think that given the age that may be the best solution for you, particularly as after Commando one could then move on to the SBS, but given the above you may wish to revise further.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-07-07, 13:47   Link #690
Asuras
Dictadere~!

@Top Gear

Are "reflexes" and adrenaline rushes really that important for sniper combat? At least to me, such things would seem useless or counterproductive. Snipers are supposed to be calm yes? And an erratic, adrenaline-fueled heartbeat would worsen the ability to fire in between beats, not too mention cause shaky, sweaty hands. A good reflex should be traded for incredible control, in which one can focus and aim a shot that wouldn't miss.

It's always looked to me like Reki is in a meditative state of mind, rather than an active one.
Old 2011-07-07, 13:52   Link #691
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Another good example would be Iris from Material Sniper. By holding her breath she was able to achieve better focus and precision.
Old 2011-07-07, 17:35   Link #692
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'll post later, much later, as it's 0208 locally here (GMT +8).

But there's no way he could have been rejected from the SAS. For starters, he's 17 - British Army only allows early entry at 17 - which means that he'd have to run away from home and joined the army at what, 15? - before getting to Selection. Given how grandad and dad are old hands, I'm pretty sure once he joined the army they'd have been able to track him down.

Secondly - SAS, unlike the Royal Marines Commando, does not accept raw recruits - as I understand from my reading, prospective candidates need to serve 4 years before being allowed to apply for Selection. This contrasts with the Royal Marines Commando, which considers itself a Light Infantry Special Operations Force and thus accepts recruits to be trained up to Commando standards.

So, if he'd tried for the Commando, I think that given the age that may be the best solution for you, particularly as after Commando one could then move on to the SBS, but given the above you may wish to revise further.
Originally I had quite a big background but though most of the technojargen would get in the way of the exposition so I took some really big pruning sheers to it. I would also like to mention that since the universe we are using for the grounds of this event is largely fiction based with rules that most likely defy the working logic of our own society. I.e. Kids running around with guns, werewolf Dracula and what not I thought that missing out a few key points wouldn't be much of a bother. But since you brought it up I shall go over it, still this is a fictional universe so the things that we understand as simple or advanced logic should takes a back seat.

A lot was also purposely left out for plot revelations sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras
Are "reflexes" and adrenaline rushes really that important for sniper combat? At least to me, such things would seem useless or counterproductive. Snipers are supposed to be calm yes? And an erratic, adrenaline-fueled heartbeat would worsen the ability to fire in between beats, not too mention cause shaky, sweaty hands. A good reflex should be traded for incredible control, in which one can focus and aim a shot that wouldn't miss.
I'm glad this was bough up. Anyway what you say is true to some degreed, but the focus mode gives Dan time to cool his head It's like the focusing power in Fear 2 and 3, when shit gets real it's really useful to give the player that much needed breathing time and it's much easier to snipe with it active than with out. That's what I was aiming for anyway. The whole adrenaline thing, I admit was shoehorned in there just to give it some kind of reasonable substance for being there. I.E. Dan's body goes; "shit I'm in danger! Better activate the countermeasures." But if that doesn't bode well with you fine people then I'll try and expand on it or give it a different form of activation.

Anywho, I have a character bio to revise.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-07 at 18:09. Reason: just adding a few doodads here and there
Old 2011-07-07, 23:24   Link #693
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear Tony View Post
Originally I had quite a big background but though most of the technojargen would get in the way of the exposition so I took some really big pruning sheers to it. I would also like to mention that since the universe we are using for the grounds of this event is largely fiction based with rules that most likely defy the working logic of our own society. I.e. Kids running around with guns, werewolf Dracula and what not I thought that missing out a few key points wouldn't be much of a bother. But since you brought it up I shall go over it, still this is a fictional universe so the things that we understand as simple or advanced logic should takes a back seat.
I actually disagree quite significantly on this; while HnA ha moved away from Heroic Bloodshed and John Woo's Hard Boiled towards something more Hellsing, the general assumption that I work with is that unless explicitly stated, the world conforms as closely as possible with the real world.

The point I want to make however is that while certain things can be sacrificed for rules of cool and drama (bullet accuraccy, damage, penetration, richochet, tracking, hanging off the edge of cliffs, Maus ramming A-20s to death...*), there are things that cannot. Child Soldiers being run officially by any nation's army are a no-no, which wouldn't be allowed in the British Army because of regs, and again as I said, if he tried to pull it his dad and Grandad, being old hands with favors and connections, would be able to track him down.

(Yes, child soldiers are used by various insurgent groups across the world, including even the Mujaheddin and the KGB at one point in Afghanistan. But never in a national army formation.)

Just because there are vampires and werewolves doesn't mean that the rules of the world have to be thrown out. Take the Monster Hunter International books: there's vampires, luskas, werewolves, and even fucking Cthulthoid form entities, but the rules of the world remain in place. And it is awesome.

*I've been playing too much World of Tanks.

Quote:
A lot was also purposely left out for plot revelations sake.
Ah, then admittedly when you start writing things will be more clear...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-07-08, 19:18   Link #694
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype

I looked for loopholes in the whole SAS thing and couldn't find any so I edited up his background to something a lot more believable. I also expanded on his ability a wee bit and added a trivia section for shits and giggles and to give you a taste of the kind of person that he is but I wouldn't take them very seriously.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-08 at 19:37.
Old 2011-07-14, 18:11   Link #695
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

My first short story since 2008-2009

I really need exercize, I started it since the 13th in the morning, I intended to finish it before the end of the Bastille Day in France, but I did not, being distracted from my task by family and house chores. Sorry

But it is not over in the world so I shall link it to you.

It's mainly OC

Happy Bastille Day

Author's Note:

It was a challenge to myself, and I can't say it was a success as far as time management go. My need to go in small details and give my characters lines that would characterize them correctly left me unsatisfied. But I hope I have given people a rough insight of my OCs' respective personalities. I still have another short in progress. And I am sorry to not have finished this Bastille Day short earlier, otherwise I would have beta-ed it by people with better grasp on English.

Take it as a side story, where characters in the background have their adventures too. As I finished it, I could notice that it was mainly Sanae's and Fio's, especially in the beginning.

Featured OCs were:

Kirsten Vikernes (Assault)

Preston Lee Whitworth(Medica)

Amelie D'Artagnan (Inquesta)

Fiorenza Diotallevi (Logi)

Sanae Noriaki (Amdo)

Jin Yamazaki (SSR)

Svetlana Dragovic (Snipe)

Naoko Kazami (Connect)

Erin Dee Kirishima (Informa)

Yves Brunet (Assault)

Kaede Fujita (Inquesta)

Yasmin Saif (Lezzad)

belonging to kct were:

Tomomi Imamura (Snipe)

Yukio Yamakawa (Logi)

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-07-15 at 06:13.
Old 2011-07-14, 21:07   Link #696
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Člise: Ah, Bastille Day. One of the most festive days in the French calendar... and a very important day for a certain me.

Spoiler for img:

Člise: Yes, it's my birthday.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-07-15, 11:03   Link #697
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Jim: And one more thing, Elise...
Spoiler for ”Bastille Day”:
Old 2011-07-15, 20:10   Link #698
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait, how did you know Sayanaki has links to what would happen to Člise?!
Are you a wizard?

Also, I have this idea that Victorique's pipe actually augments her detective skills even further (this ability is called of course Fontaine de Sagesse), but I never really told it to anyone.

I'm impressed. o_o

Old 2011-07-15, 21:50   Link #699
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He's not just a wizard- he's a perverted wizard.

With one sniff of a female character's undergarment, he can reveal her past and future, love life and what not.

... Yeah, absolutely.

EDIT:

In a barely related note, the trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie is out.

Including this anime and perhaps Gosick, and the BBC mini-series modern re-telling of the story, this seems like the year of Sherlock for me...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-15 at 22:57.
Old 2011-07-16, 02:19   Link #700
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Are you a wizard?
Let me deconstruct this mystery for you... /pipe

Quote:
Wait, how did you know Sayanaki has links to what would happen to Člise?!
You know what else? I planned Sayanaki to have set the entire trap up, that included transmogrifying an entire village in South Africa with a parasite epidemic, igniting a civil war up north, and leaving a very obvious trail of breadcrumbs leading to a tasty bait, all to get his hands on Elise.

To gain the DNA of a Gray Wolf.

I guess the thing that would be different that Sayanaki has the help of Tricell Industries and Allen Wesker while Jim has Frankenstein's escort while he unraveled this mystery. Helps the mastermind escape after all.

Quote:
Also, I have this idea that Victorique's pipe actually augments her detective skills even further (this ability is called of course Fontaine de Sagesse), but I never really told it to anyone.
I drew inspiration for that from the special effects used in the anime when Victorique was solving the earlier puzzles. As she became less reliant on it, the effects faded. The hair changing colors was the final fragment in this Chaos, as it could be that the irokane has left her body.

Quote:
I'm impressed. o_o
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He's not just a wizard- he's a perverted wizard.

With one sniff of a female character's undergarment, he can reveal her past and future, love life and what not.

... Yeah, absolutely.
No, I just smoke bluecheesium.

Fate: Did you see the skirt of my barrier jacket? It's gone...

Uh... Nope, I haven't.