AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 18:07   Link #2921
tsunade666

The restriction of use. If she can use it all the time though you stated that it hurts and going through the hole is plain suicidal. But for how long can she maintain it? how many use per a day? interval between use again and she can use magic? or control the magic thrown at her? or the surrounding mana turn into hostile magic? she can control it right, to turn it into an offensive; defensive magic. The thing that I'm asking is can she use magic? she is from science side right? had she seen the other side of the world? the magic side? with her eyes that's possible.

The dual personality really reminds me of Shiki.

Aiwass.... is there for entertainment. I'm not sure if its Aleister because his plains fail or Aiwass because he is bored and losing means his entertainment end.

Aiwass can watch it if he throws them to another dimension. His a figure that exist and the same time doesn't exist. A being free from the laws of the universe. A complete enigma.

I'm still not set on who to take on the journey or just take them 4 into it. And I'm not really just thinking of campione but multi-crossover. Campione verse is just fitting for the first adventure because on how it lives in the age of gods.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:11   Link #2922
Dyingbreath

Hello. Sorry to simply butt in in the middle of such a long thread but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for fics.
I'm a bit impatient so I prefer ones that are either complete or update regularly (every other week or so is ok) and I prefer the TAKNR setting to the TAMNI one.
Thank you for the help.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:14   Link #2923
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She cannot use active spells against herself that easily. Possible but not easily. Imagine the whole trying to catch a sword swung at you, and in some cases bullets shot at you. You can try to catch them but it won't always work.

The magic used via EoA isn't truly magic, it's a side effect of physically molding mana and varying supernatural energies. Much like Touma she can't manifest the standard abilities of an esper too. Her ability is classified into neither.

"Going through the rabbit hole" has no particular activating trigger yet. But for now I'd say it's temporary insanity. The time she stays like this is indefinite. Again, why I want imagine breaker around. The only other counter triggers are when Alice goes to sleep on her own volition or the original host forces herself back into control. Though the latter is far too rare to occur. The use of EoA in its final state has no set cooldown in between. It purely depends on the user's fatigue. I should probably add something like "going through the rabbit hole" leaves the user with the sensation of burning eyes and a bad headache.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:43   Link #2924
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Hello. Sorry to simply butt in in the middle of such a long thread but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for fics.
I'm a bit impatient so I prefer ones that are either complete or update regularly (every other week or so is ok) and I prefer the TAKNR setting to the TAMNI one.
Thank you for the help.
You can check the TVtropes list of recommended fics.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:20   Link #2925
tsunade666

what does TAKNR mean?

Pertaining to EoA. I see. So its not a controllable ability but a complete wild card one. Aside from planning the ability. It should proceed on planning the plot.

For me the plot is always important than the harem high jinx. That's why I'm not confident on writing story that involves on such thing. I can imagine the plot story and the battle story but not the every day life story.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:31   Link #2926
OverNOut
The Obsever

^I believe Dyingbreath was talking about To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:39   Link #2927
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I have checked it out but I was hoping that I could get some opinions on what the people here thought of the ones on that list or had any suggestions that weren't on it.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:42   Link #2928
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Raildex series don't really have a lot of fanfic suppose imo, further more I feel very few of them captures the same feeling as the original, mostly because those are some hard mechanics to wrap your head around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Oh wow, I'm in there
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:43   Link #2929
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Raildex series don't really have a lot of fanfic suppose imo, further more I feel very few of them captures the same feeling as the original.

Oh wow, I'm there
Really? Which one are you?
Old 2013-03-21, 20:44   Link #2930
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Really? Which one are you?
...The one with my name as the author
Old 2013-03-21, 20:45   Link #2931
Dyingbreath

Quote:
...The one with my name as the author
hehe... kind of obvious I guess...
so you do holiday themed fics do you?
Old 2013-03-21, 20:47   Link #2932
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
hehe... kind of obvious I guess...
so you do holiday themed fics do you?
...I was going through a phase

I also dabble a little into horror/mystery but haven't found motivation to continue much...

Before that it was oneshot romance.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:49   Link #2933
Dyingbreath

Quote:
...I was going through a phase

I also dabble a little into horror/mystery.

Before that it was oneshot romance.
One-shot romances are kind of fun to read but I sometimes like it when they go deeper, but a protracted romance is kind of hard to do.
There are a couple I've read like that that do it quite well, including a TAKNR one that I actually suggested on the page, "The Ace, The Queen, and The Two of Hearts".
Old 2013-03-21, 21:02   Link #2934
tsunade666

Tamni lacks good fic -_-

the one I'm watching out for is the crossover between index and madoka but the update isn't coming (yet .... or hope so)
Old 2013-03-21, 21:04   Link #2935
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Tamni lacks good fic -_-

the one I'm watching out for is the crossover between index and madoka but the update isn't coming (yet .... or hope so)
I personally don't like crossovers especially when the magic systems are totally misaligned like TAMNI and Madoka. Is the story really well written or something that makes it a worthwhile read?
Old 2013-03-21, 21:53   Link #2936
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Hmmm Here a gag fic that I am thinking about ..... MGS:F!! Re:Stupidity ( Misfortunate Guy Stuck in Tokiwaidai Middle school ... F stand for FUKOUDA !!)

Touma just regain consciousness , hears beeping sound and projected in his retina is a HUD like font Which names of ....

Motoharu
Aogami
Sensei [Komoe]

On frequency 825
Motoharu : Yo Kami-yan awake already .. I know you have a lot of questions , but i think it best that you make yourself inconspicuous ..
Touma : Tsuchimikado You Ass ... Wait Am I in looker room .... What the ??
Motoharu : [ laughs a bit ] Your in Tokiwadai middle school girl's locker room
Touma upon hearing swallows begins sweating , he knows Tokiwadai's espers are at least lvl 4 he'll be in big trouble being stampede by angry middle school girls he hope that a certain biri biri is not here .... Hears sounds of people chating ... Girls going near the door ...

Touma : @#$!!! What do I do !!!
Motoharu : Your in pinch here Kami-yan .... I suggest you look around and I sure theres a couple of empty boxes or etc in there good luck Motoharu out ....
Touma: You!!! .... See large card broad box and Drum ... He ponders which one, notices the door knob slowly turns ....

Que in
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 22:00   Link #2937
tsunade666

Tokiwadai has at least level 3 and not level 4.

Touma as solid snake would be good but Hamazura is more like solid snake.

The crossover of Index and Madoka timeline wise is in the beginning of NT and its Index and Homura. Its a good read.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:07   Link #2938
Haigon

I wonder what the hell a Metal Gear would be doing in Tokiwadai.

If that was in the dorm the Dorm Lady would be involved (using it to stomp Kuroko), but at school itself...
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 22:17   Link #2939
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It is not surprising if there is a giant robot hidden underneath the park lake.

Quote:
“With enough funds, we could mass produce some pretty ridiculous weapons. The project head was saying something about a giant robot that could fly through space. He'll probably choose a teenage boy to pilot it.”
Old 2013-03-21, 22:22   Link #2940
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

oopps ... yup lvl 3 in been a while since i read railgun manga and Index LN forgot some of the details ....

Btw Touma has this surprising latent skill in restraining middle age school girls example image in PSP game where exhibits this ability
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction