081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-04, 19:00   Link #921
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Despite my general dissatisfaction with how the movie handled some of the plot, the last scene did exact some tears out of me... *sniff*...

Not that I ship 00, but... Setsuna, you deserved it... you too Marina...

- Tak
I feel the same. Just that I felt very dissatisfied when there weren't any MarinaXSetsuna at all in the whole movie except for the Epilogue. I think they should make a special edition with newer scenes and include the Manga ending with it.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 19:23   Link #922
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Kiwi View Post
The soundtrack was also amazing, especially the part where Graham did his part for mankind. Almost holy always get a tear in my eye when is see that. Or any other sacrifice for the greater good in most anime.
I tend to do this at times...After watching the Gundam OO movie I went back and watched a whole lot of episodes I enjoyed from the series, and one singular thing existed...My favorite parts of the show all involve Graham...My level of excitement and passion for the series always apexes when Graham is doing something of worth, but the problem (as I reflect further) is that his inability to directly influence and drive the plot (of either the movie or the TV series) always leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

I know that Graham was most likely created for fans like me that love having those romanticized characters in Gundam (Char, Treize Khushranada, Zechs, Gym Ghingham, Guin Lineford, etc.,), so I accept that he had basically a single arc involving only Setsuna...However I am sad, and his death in the movie saddened me further because he went out with almost the same level of detachment inwhich he existed in the series...

Being a Tomino fan, I can't get mad at the WTFness of him just dying like that, but for me, the soul of this incarnation of Gundam was carried by Graham, almost so much that you can slightly overlook the lack of true plot-moving power he had as a character...He was such a great archetype for the character of passion, I just regret he wasn't a bit more than an ultra-glorified bug for the Gundams to shoo...
Old 2011-02-04, 20:32   Link #923
kakakka

I kinda remember that part in discussion before when I think I was against Graham Aker dying at the end of 00, for the hope of him making it big in the future.

Him dying in this movie kinda left me sad/disappointed in some ways. He died in such small time(?). But then again, his death was a bit of a spark, nonetheless, so I wasn't really down after all of it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 20:32   Link #924
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
If manga is not canon...

ELS 00 Raiser and ELS Gadelaza do not exist...
I REFUSE SUCH LOGIC!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 20:33   Link #925
kakakka

As people said, we can believe in our own canon
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 01:48   Link #926
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I REFUSE SUCH LOGIC!
Well, even if the manga is non-canon(which it is, in my opinion.), It's not really hard to see that the ELS has the capability to copy any machine that it assimilates. It isn't impossible for the ELS to morph into the Gadelaza, and considering that ELS never did that in the movie, is probably some plot-induced stupidity or a problem with the movie's budget.

And I don't really like the 00A manga, to be honest, considering that instead of Setsuna owned the 3 GNX-IIIs in a Flag, he was piloting the 00 Gundam in the manga, which is much less impressive.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 01:57   Link #927
yusawateva

im really interested about the aftermath, so what happened after the battle? how did the world government recognize celestial being? is the flower now a base or just used to attach the ship??
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:05   Link #928
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
And I don't really like the 00A manga, to be honest, considering that instead of Setsuna owned the 3 GNX-IIIs in a Flag, he was piloting the 00 Gundam in the manga, which is much less impressive.
Shit, at least then the 00 Raiser actually took down some units. I would definitely replace that with the Celestial Being Flag.
Old 2011-02-05, 08:21   Link #929
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusawateva View Post
im really interested about the aftermath, so what happened after the battle? how did the world government recognize celestial being? is the flower now a base or just used to attach the ship??
In a nutshell, the ELS made peace with ESF. Humans that got assimilated by the ELS but managed to survive became genuine Innovators, probably because the ELS strengthened their quantum brainwaves.

On the other hand, because of the disaster that assimilation unleashed, not withstanding the psychological trauma, some humans, termed "Old humans" and some supposedly pseudo Innovators initiated some conflict, which was probably resolved the way Setsuna did to the ELS.

I think the ESF would continue to pardon Celestial Being for their war crimes in season 1. They could even have attempted to rehabilitate its members, judging by how Sumeragi got her name unto an Innovator ship (which would also mean that Celestial Being made significant contributions in the eyes of the ESF).
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 11:31   Link #930
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Don't forget the 00 was running on condensers, not a Twin Drive...
Old 2011-02-06, 10:58   Link #931
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

^- you can't hot link images from RandomC, Nos.
It turns out there's a trick to it
Old 2011-02-06, 19:43   Link #932
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
^- you can't hot link images from RandomC, Nos.
It turns out there's a trick to it
Ah, didn't know that.
Old 2011-02-06, 21:28   Link #933
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Did they explain the wings on the 00Q at the end? I always thought it was the sword bits attached to the shield connected to the back but that's probably wrong.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:20   Link #934
ProjectNinety

Just finished watching the movie. The movie was very well done. I just wish they would expand more on Saji and Louise. They were my favorite characters in the series. Just seems like characters people could relate to.
Old 2011-02-08, 17:34   Link #935
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Did they explain the wings on the 00Q at the end? I always thought it was the sword bits attached to the shield connected to the back but that's probably wrong.
No, not yet but since it's been modded while Set was away with the ELS, it's hard to say.
Old 2011-02-09, 03:27   Link #936
goodship01

Quote:
Well, even if the manga is non-canon(which it is, in my opinion.), It's not really hard to see that the ELS has the capability to copy any machine that it assimilates. It isn't impossible for the ELS to morph into the Gadelaza, and considering that ELS never did that in the movie, is probably some plot-induced stupidity or a problem with the movie's budget.

The reason why ELS dun want to copy the Gadelaza comes into two folds:

1. It requires a lot of ELS nails and bits to imitate the 300+ fangs that the Gadelaza has
2. There isn't a single ELS with a huge amount of "nerves" able to control those 300+ fangs (I.e. it wasn't able to control 300 fangs at the same time)
goodship01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:55   Link #937
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That is pure speculation on your part. Their are ELS in the movie the same size as the Gadelaza. It would only take one to form an ELS variant.
Old 2011-02-09, 05:22   Link #938
goodship01

A lot of things to sum up....

1. Innovators

This is paying a homage tribute to what Zeon Zum Daikun's proposed The New Type Theory. This is what Newtype in UC should have been.

2. Battle scenes

Reducing the amount of battle time certainly disappoints a lot of gundam fans. But this movie is about understanding. It's not about wars. In my opinion, this is already the right balance.

3. Decartes

Descartes's appearance is a contrast to Setsuna. They can both feel the ELS's message. But instead of recognizing, he chose to ignore, destroy them. This is what Aeolia in the epilogue descirbes as "humans that mistakenly use their intelligence", and it eventually leads to his destruction (assimilation).
Old 2011-02-09, 05:25   Link #939
goodship01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That is pure speculation on your part. Their are ELS in the movie the same size as the Gadelaza. It would only take one to form an ELS variant.
Based on a few observations:

1. The ELS has the A-Laws Cruiser copied, why didn't it launches missiles? But instead all it did was using its beam cannon....
2. Each fang must be imitated by ELS to achieve the same result as the real one. Humans could rely on machine which is dead and no lifeform. ELS needs more than that.
Old 2011-02-09, 10:04   Link #940
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodship01 View Post
The ELS has the A-Laws Cruiser copied, why didn't it launches missiles? But instead all it did was using its beam cannon....
Because the cruiser didn't have any left when it was assimilated?

Quote:
Each fang must be imitated by ELS to achieve the same result as the real one. Humans could rely on machine which is dead and no lifeform. ELS needs more than that.
They don't need to imitate the fangs. The Gadelaza already has the ridiculously powerful GN Blaster, and the four sub-arms. True, it's effectiveness is greatly reduced without the fangs, but they're not its only weapon like you seem to be suggesting.