AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-15, 20:34   Link #301
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
in other news, the hondorian (is that even right?) head coach's name is Luis Suarez. ha.
He's Colombian. In fact there are 3 Colombian coaches in the World Cup, yet none of them are with the actual Colombian team which instead has an Argentinian coach.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 22:24   Link #302
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
germany needs to figure out if they're going to play a typical powerful and direct game, as they traditionally have, or if they'll go with a more pep-inspired passing game, since so many of the players are coming from bayern.
Germany will never play the same way Guardiola's Bayern does. It's simply not in their chords and I don't think they like that brand of football either. Plus, they don't really need to do that anyway, they just need to play as they usually do at international level with the dynamic and direct approach they've been showing all these years and that'll be more than enough to beat the majority of their opponents.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 00:20   Link #303
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Germany will never play the same way Guardiola's Bayern does. It's simply not in their chords and I don't think they like that brand of football either. Plus, they don't really need to do that anyway, they just need to play as they usually do at international level with the dynamic and direct approach they've been showing all these years and that'll be more than enough to beat the majority of their opponents.
that's the hope if they want to do well.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 02:47   Link #304
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
that's the hope if they want to do well.
Indeed, I do hope so.

It might sound weird coming from an italian but I hope Germany will perform well, I have a great deal of respect for them, even if we're long-time rivals.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 04:17   Link #305
Kakurin
大佐

The German team this year has quite a number of question marks. Defensively the stability has been lacking for quite some time. Against Portugal four central defenders will start the game with Howedes, Mertesacker, Hummels and Boateng. In the midfield the fitness of Schweinsteiger (who is probably going to be on the bench in the beginning) and Khedira is lacking. Offensively the team has great names, but Low still hasn't figured out how to make them work their best. Ozil seems to have stabilised against Armenia, but for quite some time now his form has been down. The question is also whether the team can generate enough power against teams with well-organised defenses with 36-year old Klose as the only true forward on the team.
Old 2014-06-16, 04:27   Link #306
DarkJak2050

We'll find out soon enough in 6 1/2 hours.

You'll never know what'll happen out there.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 04:36   Link #307
Kakurin
大佐

Indeed. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm much more pessimistic compared to prior to Euro 2012.
Old 2014-06-16, 04:45   Link #308
Eragon
Still Alive

Bosnia really should have gotten a point from that. Such a shit showing from Argentina. Seems like half the players on the team don't give a rats ass about the world cup. Shit passing, no enthusiasm, no determination. Hell, Greece had more heart than them.
Old 2014-06-16, 06:16   Link #309
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Bosnia really should have gotten a point from that. Such a shit showing from Argentina. Seems like half the players on the team don't give a rats ass about the world cup. Shit passing, no enthusiasm, no determination. Hell, Greece had more heart than them.
They probably feel entitled to make it into the next round with little effort, just because they're Argentina. I remember when Germany beat them in 2006 and the entire Argentinian team went into rage mode. It didn't happen in 2010 though, because they were beaten too hard.
Old 2014-06-16, 09:32   Link #310
itisjustme

Or maybe Argentina isn't that great a team to begin with, and they might be harassed with people making noise at night in front of their hotel and stuff like that, you know Brazil-Argentina friendship and all that. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 10:07   Link #311
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm actually a little surprised that there's a 6 hour gap between germany/portugal and US/ghana. not sure how much productivity there will be today. i'm trying to finish writing up my thesis, but germany/portugal starts in an hour.. and i'm still not sure who i want to win between these two.

on another note, if the US wins today, i'm confident they'll make it through the group stage.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 10:09   Link #312
Kakurin
大佐

German formation is out:
Neuer - Boateng - Mertesacker - Hummels - Höwedes - Lahm - Khedira - Kroos - Özil - Götze - Müller

Only surprise is that they went with Götze instead of Podolski. I guess there will be a lot of position changes between the three of Özil, Götze and Müller.
Old 2014-06-16, 11:08   Link #313
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The German Ds are not very convincing and almost conceded twice now.

And the Portuguese goalkeeper made a sloppy pass and almost conceded a long-ranger to Khedira.

edit: Penalty to Germany! Thomas Müller scores! 1-0.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 11:18   Link #314
Mentar
Banned

We (Germany) have a pretty weird formation. Let's see how things develop. I'm more than just a little bit surprised.

We have 4 fullbacks (!), and this 4:3:3 is nothing we typically play.

I hope that Loew knows what he's doing...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 11:31   Link #315
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Goooooooooal!

Germany 2-0 Portugal... Hummels with the thumping header.
Old 2014-06-16, 11:32   Link #316
Mentar
Banned

NICE!

That's the advantage of running 4 fullbacks. We have many folks who are able to use their head ^_^;
Old 2014-06-16, 11:37   Link #317
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Pepe sent off for headbutting and reeking of indiscipline. Serves him right; I cannot stand that cunt.
Old 2014-06-16, 11:38   Link #318
Mentar
Banned

Pepe sent off for a headbutt... my my my.
Old 2014-06-16, 11:38   Link #319
hamazura
whatever

red card yessss!
you know, long before wc2014 started, i went to mcdonald and bought world cup special menu. and then they gave me free drinking bottle. and its germany. i knew that was a properchy, geemany will win this championship, i just know
Old 2014-06-16, 11:41   Link #320
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

lol Pepe, well pretty much game over.