AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-21, 22:18   Link #61
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to gaspah Send a message via Yahoo to gaspah
I can't read such a long amount of text... part ADHD, part im at work atm, part i dont have net at home. Can we have another thread.... cas i keep reading the first page of the thread forgetting i read it and realising half way through reading it again....

'CONFIRMED HARUHI SEASON 2 INFO'

also after the Naruto filler fiasco... i dont really have time for 'speculation'
Old 2007-01-21, 22:26   Link #62
gaspah
Undoubted Ruler

Send a message via MSN to gaspah Send a message via Yahoo to gaspah
also whats with all you yuki naguto super-fans??? i reckon its cas as kids Thelma (the geeky chick from scooby doo) had big boobs and it confused your sexual preferences for life..... I mean what about Mikuru? She and Haruhi are the sexy ones.... well sexy as a cartoon can be... no no no seriously BACK OFF YUKI'S MINE!!!
Old 2007-01-23, 20:34   Link #63
xxsaznpride

Haha you double posted...

And what's wrong with Yuki? The only thing people should be complaining about is a lack of Tsuruya..

Tsuruya> Haruhi = Yuki = Mikuru = Ryouko > Emiri > ... > Imouto~chan > Koizumi

Is how things look "Who we need more of" wise. Notice how I put Tsuruya in the front and Koizumi in the back?

I'm a Tsuruya fan, not so much as into Yuki or the rest.
Old 2007-01-24, 05:42   Link #64
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Better hope they do Snow Mountain and Where did the Cat Go? next season then, especially the latter, as we all could use more Tsuruya-san. ^_^

She also makes a minor appearance in Disappearance, for what it's worth (although I am looking forward to that scene). Hopefully she'll last more than 4 episodes this time around.
Old 2007-02-06, 23:25   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Still haven't seen an official source on this yet. I mean it's coming eventually, but no way I'm going to believe what the air date is until I see an official announcement. Considering there have already been a few false alarms one of which was bait to get people to auto-ban themselves on Anime News Network which I hear worked quite well before the issue was rectified (hopefully with the poor suckers getting there accounts fixed).

I want to really hit my friend on the head with it when its real otherwise I lose the war if its false (He has an irrational hatred of any series that isn't serious to fault and I still can't figure out what his beef is with a number of shows that have come out recentely since I never get a straight answer out of the guy, thus I rip on him for being uptight. I don't want to be the one getting ripped on though if I make a false statement)
Old 2007-02-13, 04:01   Link #66
Question
Crossdresser

I predict that volume 4 will take up a large portion of the second season.

Bamboo leaf rhapsody will get one episode.

Volume 2 may get a couple episodes to show what went on behind the scences in the making of the movie. Infact i think its almost certain.

Its debatable which side stories will be in the second season.Theres endless eight, the 2 snow mountain side stories and Nakagawa...theres also the melachony of Asahina Mikuru.
Old 2007-02-13, 06:17   Link #67
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
They most likely won't include melancholy of mikuru unless they plan to animate book 7 as well, since they sort of tie in with each other.
Old 2007-02-13, 07:40   Link #68
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
I just wish they air it in no jumbled order order again like any other anime series which has a normal 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,... sequence so that it's easier to follow.....
Old 2007-02-13, 10:18   Link #69
Question
Crossdresser

For the most part i liked the jumbled order. It was fun to watch the latter episodes and go "Oh so thats what they meant in the previous episodes!". Call it building up suspense, like how in the 4th episode we are shown Itsuki(who hasnt been introduced yet, nagato's powers, and quick flashbacks of the shinjin and nagato/asakura).

I also think EP14 was perfect the way it ended, and yet...EP14 CHRONOLOGICALLY was also perfect as an end to the series. Strange huh?
Old 2007-02-13, 18:47   Link #70
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Personally, I'd think the end of volume 4 would make a MUCH more climactic ending than Where Did the Cat Go?, as that's the last chronological story before The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru (which, as stated earlier, is heavily related to volume 7, and should probably saved for that).

Wouldn't you all agree? Hurray for anachronological order!
Old 2007-02-13, 19:50   Link #71
myopius

If they made it one season (~13) episodes, I'd recommend they put in most of the good standalone novel chapters and perhaps a filler or two to tie it all in since the whole situation Kyon's in could use introduction. If it's ~26 then they should do more standalone novel chapters and the Disappearance as well.
Spoiler for Pretty major novel spoiler (Disappearance), depending on your POV:

...But yeah, I have no idea what's going on as far as these rumors are concerned...

Edit:
You know, it seems the novels will be on for a major while longer, so I wonder if it'd be better to do 13 episodes a year? By the time Fall 2009 rolls around (Fall '07 and '08 using up the 26 episodes' worth of material they currently have), they'd have 2 1/2 moreyears' worth of books, which could be ~5 volumes if we say one every six months, 2 or 3 of which could be incorporated into season four at that time... But wow I'm thinking ahead too much lol. I'd just love to see it all animated but know that the novels will be pressing on a while longer, and also feel that if they took a major break the interest could die down and make the animation of the entire series less probable, but 13 episodes a year for 4+ years is also equally irregular, isn't it?
Spoiler for Novels, vague references to major events:

Last edited by myopius; 2007-02-18 at 03:52.
Old 2007-02-13, 20:49   Link #72
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Agreed. First season was focused on Haruhi, the next season should be Yuki, and a third (seriously, there'll probably be a third by '09, provided the second does as well as the first) should be Mikuru. Maybe we can get a three-episode OVA for the making of the movie, since that doesn't feel like it would fit very well in any of the main series. Mixing them up too much is probably a bad idea, as the whole thing is confusing enough as it is. After that, I don't know, as I have yet to read the eigth novel and the ninth simply hasn't dropped yet.
Old 2007-02-14, 01:51   Link #73
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I don't think there are enough short stories for 13 episodes alone:

1 for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
1 for Endless Eight
1 for Charmed at First Sight LOVER
2 for Snow Mountain Syndrome
1 for Where did the Cat Go?
1 for Haruhi Suzumiya Theater (wishful thinking on my part)

That's only 7 episodes total, just enough to fit a full novel, like Disappearance, in.

Sure, there's also:

1 for Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru
2 for Editor in Chief Straight Ahead!
2 for Wandering Shadow

But you really can't tell those stories (except for maybe Editor) without the longer stories too. Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru is to volume 7 like Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is to volume 4, and Wandering Shadow is the latest chronological story to date. We're probably not get a March story without hearing about the major world-changing even that happened in mid-December. Plus some of these stories have HUGE spoilers for volumes 4 and 7.
Old 2007-02-14, 05:23   Link #74
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think it would be a good idea to split up the remainder of the currently released novels (or at least as much is as feasible) into two more seasons, with Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (4) and Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya (7) being the cornerstone arcs of the seasons, much like Melancholy (1) was for the first season. This is because, except for the aforementioned Intrigues prologue, the stories have little to do with each other, and are each easily as self-contained a story as Melancholy (although Intrigues does lean as heavily on Disappearance as every other chronologically later story). That leaves Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya (2), Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (from 3), Endless Eight and Snow Mountain Syndrome (both from 5), Charmed at First Sight LOVER, Where Did the Cat Go?, and Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina (all from 6), and finally Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead! and Wandering Shadow, the two stories in Indignation (8). I'm leaving 9 out, as I have no idea what it is about.

Here is how I feel it should break down, and estimated episode counts, as well as my reasons. I have tried to remain vague about things, and only allude to things already mentioned in this thread, but if I missed something, and anyone sees any of what I am about to write as spoiler-worthy, please respond as such, and I will edit it with spoiler tags.

(As anyone who has read as much as I have will see, S2 will be very much centered on Yuki, and to a lesser degree, S3 will be Mikuru-centric. That is intentional, as each season's core storyline spotlights one of the two characters.)

Season 2, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
or...The Melancholy of Yuki Nagato
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (1) Premier
The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya (4)
Endless Eight (1)
Charmed at First Sight LOVER (1)
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (6) End

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is heavily tied to Disappearance, so they should be in the same season. They are also more heavily tied into the Haruhi Suzumiya mythos than any of the other stories before or since, and the events in Disappearance in particular weigh especially heavy on later storyline, so Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is the logical (and chronological) starting point for the next season and everything after. Endless Eight and Charmed at First Sight LOVER are both stand-alones, but are Yuki stories, so they should also go in this season. Sighs is a wild card, as it focuses largely on Yuki, but also obviously spotlights Mikuru. Most likely, I see it being inserted randomly wherever it ends up, broken up much like Melancholy was. However, what could be interesting is to split it up over the two seasons, as it is very much its own separate story, except toward the end, where it thematically ties in to Intrigues. In that case, one of the shorter stories from S3 (maybe Where Did the Cat Go? or Wandering Shadow) could be moved over to S2, although that would involve some sizable time skipping.

Season 3, The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya
or...The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina (1) Premier
Snow Mountain Syndrome (2)
Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead! (2)
Where Did the Cat Go? (1)
Wandering Shadow (1)
The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya (incl Prologue) (6) End

Intrigues relies heavily on story from Snow Mountain Syndrome and Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru, so they should all be in the third season. Where Did the Cat Go? occurs more or less during Snow Mountain Syndrome, so it should also be here, but is also a stand-alone story in the same vein as Remote Island Syndrome, so it could be moved to season two should the two Indignations stories or the main Intrigues arc run long, or if Sighs is split up over the two seasons, or just to shake things up. The Intrigues Prologue, although it does by-and-large resolve Disappearance, occurs immediately after Snow Mountain Syndrome, and there are a number of events between Disappearance and that "resolution"—enough that a single Disappearance Epilogue/Intrigues Prologue episode would be fairly clumsy even if done well. Besides, keeping it this way will give each season a direct nod back to the season previous, with S2's Sighs, and S3's Intrigues Prologue.

Truthfully, Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead! and Wandering Shadow are just tacked on to S3 at this point, as I haven't finished either one and thus don't know exactly where they might tie in (although they both look stand-alone so far, and are chronologically better suited for S3). Also, their lengths are questionable. Editor in Chief will take at least two episodes to get right, maybe three, and Wandering Shadow looks a bit on the longish side, too, so it may be two episodes worth. I might edit this once Baka-Tsuki finishes translating them.

Still, there's definitely enough left for two full half-seasons worth, and that's not even counting possible KyoAni original episodes.
Old 2007-02-14, 15:21   Link #75
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Fairly good speculation, but I would have thought Wandering Shadow would have taken up 2 episodes. Also, I'm not too sure if Sighs will be able to cover 4 episodes, as it is pretty much the same-old as we saw first season, with just a bit of new info and one important scene towards the end.

And I want to see Haruhi Suzumiya Theater animated! As an RPG fan, the idea of seeing the SOS Brigade in an RPG world is just too hilarious to pass up. Plus, the events of both Haruhi Suzumiya Theater and The Return of Haruhi Suzumiya Theater are mentioned during Kyon and Itsuki's dialogue in Snow Mountain Syndrome, and I'd hate to see a studio as keen on detail as KyoAni cut it out.
Old 2007-02-19, 11:17   Link #76
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, we could soon have an official confirmation for the second season. There's a big event occuring in just 10 days (Japanese time). I'm strangely excited...
Old 2007-03-02, 09:17   Link #77
Mitheor

Today is the Saitama´s event. Anything about it?
Old 2007-03-02, 13:22   Link #78
Joojoobees

I still can't find anything official. The most current rumor is related to a live-action dorama.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:48   Link #79
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I still can't find anything official. The most current rumor is related to a live-action dorama.
How would that work?
Old 2007-03-03, 00:09   Link #80
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud05 View Post
How would that work?
Most likely it would be a drama shot in live action
Closed Thread