AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-30, 21:28   Link #41
HegemonKhan
Banned

the projectiles (not "catgirls") feed on yoki, which they use to become super powerful awakened ones, or your (now) "catgirls".

so they aren't feeding on meat which they (parts of the destroyer) have no interest in, like CLARE said. maybe both clare and rafala) said this, but i know (well pretty sure) clare did.

(i'm pretty sure this is clare explaining the destroyer to helen and deneve, just after clare escaped from the mind-dream world or illusion, and met with helen and deneve coming towards her and the destroyer. clare yelling at them to get away lol, to run away with her, not to get closer to the destroyer, lol)

the destroyer (and its parts, the projectile awakened ones or "catgirls") cares about only one thing: Destruction (hence its name, the DESTROYER). the projectiles don't want to feed (on meat), they want to kill-destroy stuff, but they need energy (yoki), which they steal from the claymores they hit to make more powerful awakened ones or the "catgirls".
Old 2009-09-30, 21:28   Link #42
Jasperboo
Care factor = 0

I'm talking about the fake spoiler, it says they feed on humans then merge with Raciella which i see as a form of feeding, taking over a body is a bit different and we are really yet to see what the result of a parasite process is.
Old 2009-09-30, 21:32   Link #43
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperboo View Post
I'm talking about the fake spoiler, it says they feed on humans then merge with Raciella which i see as a form of feeding, taking over a body is a bit different and we are really yet to see what the result of a parasite process is.
Well, if the spoiler is fake, that's the explanation right there
Old 2009-09-30, 21:33   Link #44
HegemonKhan
Banned

yes, the projectile awakened ones can take themselves full of the yoki they stolen from the claymores back to the destroyer, as well.

we in chapter 95, have only seen them fight with the claymores though, but there's certainly the possibility they (the projectiles) can bring the yoki back to the destroyer as well.

for the claymore manga:

feeding should be feeding, aka (yoma, awakened ones, and abyssal ones) eating (human) meat-flesh-guts.

stealing yoki, shouldn't be called feeding. causes confusion with the normal understanding of feeding.
Old 2009-09-30, 21:36   Link #45
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
If Galatea does fight, hopefully she will come out of her nun cosplay and grow back her eyes and kick ass. I'm tired of the mangkas nun fetish!
amen to that! ^^ bring back the old galatea dammit!
Old 2009-09-30, 21:38   Link #46
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
amen to that! ^^ bring back the old galatea dammit!
Ughh, honestly? you liked her like that?

At least now, she's a likable person. Back then, I wanted her to just shut up; she was so annoying and stuck-up, like the fillers now.
Old 2009-09-30, 21:39   Link #47
HegemonKhan
Banned

unfortunately, right now at least, galatea seems to have gotten soft or human-like, much like teresa had. galatea caring about the human inhabitants of the holy city of robana.

hopefully, galatea doesn't follow in teresa's footsteps of decline and weakness.... prefering a normal human-sedentary and "peaceful" life as a nun taking care of the human children in the holy city of robana... instead of being a warrior and dying a glorious death, lol.
Old 2009-09-30, 21:39   Link #48
Jasperboo
Care factor = 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
yes, the projectile awakened ones can take themselves full of the yoki they stolen from the claymores back to the destroyer, as well.
show me the panel where that happened or it is just speculation

All i was trying to do was offer another reason to think the spoiler was fake, not start a debate
Old 2009-09-30, 21:47   Link #49
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperboo View Post
show me the panel where that happened or it is just speculation

All i was trying to do was offer another reason to think the spoiler was fake, not start a debate
Oh, really?

Honestly, it came off as the opposite, like you were looking for clarification to prove that it's true
Old 2009-09-30, 21:52   Link #50
HegemonKhan
Banned

Originally Posted by HegemonKhan

..awakened ones *CAN* take themselves.....

notice that i used: CAN

this isn't based on anything yet seen in the manga (chapter 94 and 95), but maybe chapter 96 will show this like the fake spoiler you say seems to mention, since it isn't there. but using common sense-logic, it's reasonable to assume they could return to the destroyer with the yoki they stolen and re-merge with the destroyer, giving it the yoki they stolen.
------------------------------------------------
as for the stealing of yoki, look at the pictures in/of chapters 94 and 95 really closely. they seem to be stealing/drawing out the yoki from the claymores and into themselves...than using it to make a more powerful awakened one.
-------------------------------------------------------

one comment i need to make that i think is accurate and can help some people understand:

powerful yomas (be they awakened ones, abyssal ones, or the destroyer) can split parts of themselves off from their main body.

the destroyer is able to do this. those projectiles-awakened ones-"catgirls" are merely parts of its body. think of these projectiles as an advanced or more powerful form of duph's rods.

duph is another example. his rods are actually parts of his body as well. but they can only be shot out by him. they can't turn into awakened ones and move around freely.

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-09-30 at 22:04.
Old 2009-09-30, 22:01   Link #51
Jasperboo
Care factor = 0

I said they shouldn't be feeding like it is a mistake.

All things said about stealing is pure speculation.
Old 2009-09-30, 22:05   Link #52
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow. Just wow. I haven't seen anyone mention about the OWNAGE Beth is getting.
Old 2009-09-30, 22:09   Link #53
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wow. Just wow. I haven't seen anyone mention about the OWNAGE Beth is getting.
We did, that was last chapter remember?
Old 2009-09-30, 22:22   Link #54
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
i'm not familar with what you are talking about with what cynthia said,

any chance you could post the source, so i can take a look myself at what you're refering to?

cuz if it is indeed true, it'd help me construct the map i'm working on.

any piece of info, is desparately needed, lol !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in not knowing what you are refering to,

i'd say what you said has to be wrong because:

if the strongest claymores (rank 1-5, or what you said, rank 1-3) were indeed in the north, west, and south, just like the 3 abyssal ones, than the abyssal ones could simply attack the defenseless organization in the east.

especially if they are in the corners of the north, west, and south too...

it just doesn't make any sense.

the organization needs it's strongest claymores near it, to prevent the 3 abyssal ones from attack and destroying it.
I'm refering to chapter 83 pages 4-5.
One of the translations had Cynthia saying what I said.
I'll have another look at it.
To the best of my ability, Cynthia says:
"The Organization's 1, 2 and 3, in order to be able to cope with anywhere, are assigned to this area"
(damn the close up - can't see where she's pointing)

I'm going to have to re-read this in context though to be sure... Japanese is a pain when it comes to context - even for people who know what they're doing (which excludes me often enough).

if someone else wants to give it a shot, though:
”組織のナンバー123はどこへでも対応できるようにこの辺りに配属されます”
”そして力の均等を考えて下位ナンバーも中央付近になる事が多いようですね”
Old 2009-09-30, 22:32   Link #55
HegemonKhan
Banned

hmm, you know, cynthia is probably pointing to or adressing the central territory, since it's mentioned else where that most claymores are around the central teritory, since it obviously lets them get to anywhere on the island, being the central territory (duh).

for example... if you ever played games like star craft or war craft... and played on a "Star" or " * " type map...

usually you don't want to be in the middle... lol.. as it is usually a FFA game and you just get crushed in the middle, but it is obvious that if you are/were able to control the middle, you can attack or get to anywhere else on the "star" map.

(i'll take a look to when i have time... i got school work i need to get working on...already...)

thanks for the source.... i'll definately take a look at it, just not right now...
Old 2009-09-30, 22:48   Link #56
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
We did, that was last chapter remember?
Well obviously I mean the follow up. Like if she's gonna die and etc. I'd be surprised if there wasn't any mention of Beth in this chapter. And omg I want one of those catgirls to attack Raki so Priscella and go FREE
Old 2009-09-30, 22:53   Link #57
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Spoiler for Space:

Funny! I always thought the main land was to the Southeast (well East to South, I should say). My reasoning is simpler then yours... Claymore just has too many parallels to ancient England and not Japan.

In short the island is full of Caucasians and it in a + shape (plus the way it is divided by the general public, get into later) which reminds me of England. Look in the spoiler below and you'll see a wall the Romans built in ancient England and if you don't include the land north of the wall... well, England looks like a +, just like the island Claymore takes place upon.

Spoiler for England south of the wall.:

As you can see by the comparison they are very close!

Since the island shape looks so close to the part of England that Rome conqured I always just put the mainland in my mind to the southeast but father away, since if I follow the parallel of the island being England then rest of Europe is to the east and south of England. Plus just the general idea of the mainland being at the same latitude as the northern lands isn't an idea I like in general, since I imaging Yagi picking a different geography to draw to show the readers that we're now in a different land. I imagine the main land being as big as the "Old World" here.

I always saw the island being broken into 47 regions is for Japanese readers... so they can have some feeling of "home" in a European story. Plus 47 is cooler then an even number like 50, rounded numbers are used too much.

Well, as you can see my reasoning for the direction of the mainland is rather simple but I like it. Oh, and before I forget there is a parallel of Rome controlling a small island like England and the Organization doing the same with the island. In fact if you want to you could even draw another parallel with Rome fighting Huns and the Org fighting the Dragon's kin.

Ok now for how the general public see the land. Here is a map of how the regions England was didvided into. They are Northumbria (the parallel of the northern lands of Alfonse), East Anglia (The parallel of the eastern lands of Sutare (manga) / Sutafu (anime)), Wessex (the parallel of the southern lands of Mucha), Wales (the parallel of the western lands of luatrec), and Mercia (the parallel of the central lands of Toulouse or Robana (I forget what it is too )).

Spoiler for map of the lands of England:

Now for another funny parallel England is now 46 counties but in it has 48 ceremonial counties... an average of 47.

Also the civilization in Claymore is clearly closer to England than Japan. So I always imagine ancient England in my mind when reading Claymore, never Japan.

Well, that's my thoughts on the matter but in the long run as long as the main land is East, South, or West it doesn't really matter to the story, as long as it's not due North since no two superpowers could come into existence in a frozen wasteland. There could be no farms to support the population requirements needed for a civilization to develop. Yagi will tell use the mainlands direction eventually.
Old 2009-09-30, 23:39   Link #58
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Yeah but her looks has gone down.

From cool/cold to kind/gentle. They killed her character!

*waits for the defenders of Garatea to attackzzz*
Not an attack but...

I always viewed her cool/cold nature stemming from her working for the organization. She saw many the atrocities they committed but believing she had no choice but to let it happen if she wanted to defend humanity. However Peita was just too much for her to take and she just simply left there employment believing any harm to them and humanity would become prey the the yoma again.

I see her later kind/gentle nature as coming from escaping the organization and finding acceptance as a human being after taking the role as a blind nun. I suspect she felt truly accepted from the children but only truly accepted by the church later from the church after they accept her back after finding out what she is. So the church and orphans are to Galatea what Raki is to Clare, the only differences are Clare had Raki for months when Galatea had a few years as a nun and Clare has far worse emotional scars than Galatea ever did. So the Galatea we see now is what Clare may one day become and kinda what Teresa was in her final days.

Now if you don't like that then that is your choice but I find it great character development. Plus the development she under took is in similar to Teresa (walking away from the org and defending others)... so it fits the over story of "Claymores" being just normal humans forced into a tragic situation. Anyone in that situation would desire normalcy and seeing one of them get it, if only for a while. Plus her now choosing to help Miria and give up her desired life to help out again, well I find truly speaks volumes of her character.

So, for the record I'm not a Galatea "fanboy" but the way her character has developed is incredible IMHO. However, your right she is less "badass" but I find she's still amazing.
Old 2009-09-30, 23:48   Link #59
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

On Galatea's return...although I would like her to return back to fighting mode...I think she will prefer her life as a nun looking after childeren and protecting the city of rabon from youma...I don't see her joining the ghosts into the battle front with the organization or the destroyer for that matter...she'll most likly act as a stationary subject protecting the town and people within...till yagi sensei decides to kill her...
Old 2009-09-30, 23:51   Link #60
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Tagging onto what Ryus said, All Claymores show their overall negative traits because of their tragic lives, the way they are treated by humans etc. Living as a nun, her warmer nature was bound to happen, partly because she is finally being accepted, and partly because it's who she is.

Cold, arrogant stuck-up Galatea was who she was forced to be, warm loving Galatea was who she was meant to be.
Closed Thread