AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-23, 12:50   Link #21
marvelB

New chap:

Spoiler for ch. 5:

Edit: Well, a translation is out, though it's a rough one. So apparently the fox represents some rebel group? And addressing that last spread once more, it seems that Tristan is Plague, while Lancelot is War. So I guess Famine is the child of King and Diane? Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to when the rest of them show up in the story.

BTW, I also really liked how Donnie tried to protect Percy from the Black Knight. I also find it all the more intriguing that the fox rescued him. I wonder if he'll receive special training alongside Percy? At least, I'm pretty sure we're going down the training route now that our protagonist is aware of his destiny....

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-02-23 at 17:09.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 08:02   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Translation by one of the usual group is out.

Tristan looks absolutely awesome in that spread. I hope he will actually look like that, and this isn't a "depiction of the Four Knights may not be completely accurate" kind of picture. On the other hand, I'm disappointed the last one isn't a woman.

As for Percival, I'm not losing hope yet. He needs to fill his grandpa's cape!
Old 2021-02-26, 12:26   Link #23
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Both the group that sent the fox and the group Percival's father and that black knight belong to oppose the Four Knights of the Apocalypse? Or did I misunderstand?

And yeah, hopefully Percival will get growth spurt that lets him fill his grandpa's cape.

And how come the Four Knights are prophesied to destroy the world? Aren't they supposed to be the heroes? Either they'll just destroy the world as the people in the story know it which is essentially the same as saving it, or that part of the prophecy is wrong because it was told by people who oppose the Four Knights.

Edit: Could be that the fox meant that it was sent by a group that opposes the group of knights Percival's father and the black knight belong to. This seems likelier, otherwise the fox wouldn't try to help Percy.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2021-02-26 at 12:36.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 12:20   Link #24
marvelB

In this week's chapter:

Spoiler for ch. 6:

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-03-02 at 12:31.
Old 2021-03-02, 13:51   Link #25
AP24

So it’s 16 years after the NNT main story, not 16 years after epilogue. Tristan and Lancelot should be 15 years old now.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 14:38   Link #26
cyberdemon

This group is a bit confusing. Are they with Arthur or against him? It said that they went rogue but they serve an “evil king” that looks like Arthur. Mordred maybe? They want to kill the 4 knights because they will lead Arthur to his death yet as stated before, they went rogue on Arthur...

My guess is that they went rogue but reorganized after the prophesy was made under a new king, mordred. Mordreds stated goal is to save his father from the 4 knights of the apocalypse when in reality he is using the former knights to overthrow his father. The four knights will join forces with Arthur after learning he wasn’t behind those knights but the ensuing fighting kills him. But not before they are blamed for a number of catastrophes actually caused by the black knights.

Or at least that is how the prophesy is supposed to go.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2021-03-02 at 14:52.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 22:50   Link #27
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

16 year is odd number when considering Percival born at year series end and Arthur Knights are not developed yet in that period.
It should be 18 or 20 year imho.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 17:54   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"A youth without a fixed appearance"

Yeah, that's totally King and Diane's child. And I'm still hopeful it'll be a girl who is using magic to change her appearance like her father used to.

I kinda thought Ironside deliberately let Percival live, guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
This group is a bit confusing. Are they with Arthur or against him? It said that they went rogue but they serve an “evil king” that looks like Arthur. Mordred maybe? They want to kill the 4 knights because they will lead Arthur to his death yet as stated before, they went rogue on Arthur...
Where did you see they went rogue? They're Arthur's knights.
Old 2021-03-03, 18:42   Link #29
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Where did you see they went rogue? They're Arthur's knights.
Ch 1 states that the Four Knights of Apocalypse will topple King Arthur, so we better need more clarification for that.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 19:20   Link #30
marvelB

I think the confusion regarding to the knights' allegiance stems from Ironside's accusation against Balgis (Percy's grandpa) for betraying their "master" in the first chapter. Though personally I already figured that the "master" in question referred to more of a mentor figure among their band of holy knights, not the lord they're sworn to protect. We should get the full story behind Balgis' betrayal in due time, though.

And yeah, definitely a bit surprising that Ironside really meant to kill his kid. Guess he values the "greater good" over family, then. Ironically, Pellegarde (that seems to be the proper romanization of his name, apparently) cares more about Percy than his own dad does, heh. I gotta admit, he's still growing on me despite him sending that wolf monster to attack that village. Maybe rather than converting Percy to his side, he'll eventually join the hero side, instead.

Oh, and with the fox's name being revealed as Sin, it's looking like maybe he's related to Ban, possibly even being Ban himself? He is known as the Fox's Sin of Greed, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
16 year is odd number when considering Percival born at year series end and Arthur Knights are not developed yet in that period.
It should be 18 or 20 year imho.
With so much emphasis placed on that prophecy, a timeskip is practically guaranteed at this point regardless, wouldn't you agree? So in that case it doesn't really matter that the main cast are currently being introduced as adolescents, IMO. Not when we've been heavily hinted as to what they will become.....
Old 2021-03-04, 10:33   Link #31
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Marvel: Wasn't the fox's name revealed to be Shin? Not Sin? I did also wonder if he might be Ban though.

But if that's Ban, what's he doing there in the shape of a fox and why is he not with Elaine? And how can he transform into a fox in the first place (assuming it's him) when he's a human who doesn't have that kind of power? Maybe Merlin's magic. Still need to wait and see if that's really Ban, though.

I'm still wondering if the Four Knights of the Apocalypse will really destroy the world or if the prophecy is lying about that part. I hope we get answers soon.

And yeah, I think Marvel's deduction about the knight's allegiance is good.
Old 2021-03-09, 11:37   Link #32
marvelB

New chap:

Spoiler for ch. 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Marvel: Wasn't the fox's name revealed to be Shin? Not Sin? I did also wonder if he might be Ban though.
Yeah, it looks like Sin is the proper spelling. I'd just say that makes the potential connection to Ban all the stronger, though.
Old 2021-03-09, 17:37   Link #33
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the spoilers.

Wasn't Diane's friend Matrona? Dolores was the black-haired giant who joined the Seven Deadly Sins with the first Fairy King, right? Or it could be I don't know the giantess you're talking about.

And yeah, it really is Sin. Should've known; the Japanese people pronounce "S" with a "Sh" sound. I agree that it makes it kind of likely for it to be Ban.
Old 2021-03-09, 17:45   Link #34
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Thanks for the spoilers.

Wasn't Diane's friend Matrona? Dolores was the black-haired giant who joined the Seven Deadly Sins with the first Fairy King, right? Or it could be I don't know the giantess you're talking about.

And yeah, it really is Sin. Should've known; the Japanese people pronounce "S" with a "Sh" sound. I agree that it makes it kind of likely for it to be Ban.
Dolores was a friend of Dianne. Matrona was their leader. Matrona sent Dolores on a mission and she ended up dying.
Old 2021-03-09, 17:48   Link #35
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the info. What chapter is the Gaiden? I'll go and read it later.

It's probably not just a coincidence that this giantess nun has the same name as Dianne's deceased friend.
Old 2021-03-11, 06:34   Link #36
marvelB

Well, having read the translated chapter, I'm definitely curious as whether or not this Dolores is the very same one from the gaiden chapter. Fact of the matter is, while Diane was told that she died, we never actually saw any proof of Dolores' demise. So it's very possible that she survived whatever hardships befell her, much like Matrona did. It's also curious that this particular giantess is shown praying to the goddess clan (as Sin points out, giants usually worship the earth). Wonder what's up with that....?
Old 2021-03-11, 08:55   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, having read the translated chapter, I'm definitely curious as whether or not this Dolores is the very same one from the gaiden chapter. Fact of the matter is, while Diane was told that she died, we never actually saw any proof of Dolores' demise. So it's very possible that she survived whatever hardships befell her, much like Matrona did. It's also curious that this particular giantess is shown praying to the goddess clan (as Sin points out, giants usually worship the earth). Wonder what's up with that....?
Doesn't she look really young? She could be King and Diane's daughter, named after Diane's late friend. I don't remember the gaiden chapter so I don't know if they look alike or not.
Old 2021-03-11, 09:35   Link #38
cyberdemon

I’m almost positive that is king and diannes child
Old 2021-03-11, 19:12   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Checked out the Diane gaiden chapter and her friend Dolores looked nothing like this one.
Old 2021-03-16, 12:56   Link #40
marvelB

New week, new chapter:

Spoiler for ch. 8: