AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-27, 08:13   Link #941
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
And I didn't mean that in the dirty way it sounded when I re-read it..

Sorry, couln't resist
Old 2006-11-27, 08:53   Link #942
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Linker Core...yet another thing to add to the list.

I've lost count of the several things a human being has inside his body.
Old 2006-11-27, 09:33   Link #943
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Since someone already busted out a 4chan meme, I'd like to try doing it too.

Spoiler for for something really wierd/stupid/semi-ero?:

And about the subject of Cartridges... if Shamal and Yuuno both can create them, why not the others? Well, maybe because they're the ones who are doing the least fighting (Read: Support crew)...

I wonder if the technicians at the TSAB can simply divert the excess magic energy that the girls release (through missed magic attacks / movement / area scanning/ other magic uses), then make the Devices directly absorb the energy? No more Cartridge Load commands.

To make it short, it sorta works like Limit Breaks/Overdrives (where characters gain energy by attacking/getting damaged).

Or in Nanoha-sense, Starlight Breaker's effect of absorbing the left-over magic in the area + Cartridge Loading = Hax.

Now, if they can just integrate that into the Unisons...

/me ends his mad scientist rant
Old 2006-11-27, 09:42   Link #944
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While that system of gathering residual magic energy ala Starlight Breaker could work, problem of course is that it'll take a long time to do so, not the best thing mind you whenever you're fighting at high speed (Nanoha could get away with Starlight Breaker because she's a camper XD) At least with the cartridge system, you get the magic you need instantly.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2006-11-27, 10:08   Link #945
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
I know I'd let Fate have however much of my linker core she needed.
And I didn't mean that in the dirty way it sounded when I re-read it..
I always thought of Linker Cores as something like magic generators. Is that wrong .. I thought that when they get consumed by the Book of Darkness it was a special case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While that system of gathering residual magic energy ala Starlight Breaker could work, problem of course is that it'll take a long time to do so, not the best thing mind you whenever you're fighting at high speed (Nanoha could get away with Starlight Breaker because she's a camper XD) At least with the cartridge system, you get the magic you need instantly.
*Nanoha opens magic circle and starts charging Starlight Breaker*
Baddie: *I now have about 30 seconds before SB goes off...*
Nanoha: Cartridge Load! *burns a whole clip's worth*
*Instant SB*
... ouch!
Old 2006-11-27, 12:31   Link #946
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
I always thought of Linker Cores as something like magic generators. Is that wrong .. I thought that when they get consumed by the Book of Darkness it was a special case...
well i would think so too but about the book of darkness consuming them...i guess it just sucks out the "magic" of the core leaving it empty and the person would have to wait for it to recharge again...normally you wouldnt use up all the energy and it would just recharge itself over time but when you take it all out in one single to it leaves you empty...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-27, 13:32   Link #947
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Not much is said about linker cores, just that they're the source of one's magic powers.
Nanoha and Fate's linker cores were still young, so they recovered, but I wonder what happened to the TSAB clerks that Vita defeated in the first episode...
Old 2006-11-27, 13:46   Link #948
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ erm they take a longer time to recover? thats what happens with age...you need more time to recover from illness etc and in this case "magic deprived"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-27, 13:46   Link #949
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

there are 2 hints about this :
1) the TSAB medic said to nanoha "since you are young, your linker has already begun to heal". which means their youth helps to speed up the heal process

2) didn't vita say once she won't kill anyone but won't stop at any cost? (i don't remember which episode it was)
EDIT fount it. ep 6 : "because i don't want to defile hayate's future with blood, i won't kill anyone! but i won't stop for anything else !"

i guess the linker core regeneration is like the body regeneration, which its speed and efficency depends on the status and the age etc.
so we can assume that the TSAB clerks are alive.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-27 at 13:58.
Old 2006-11-27, 14:00   Link #950
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
2) didn't vita say once she won't kill anyone but won't stop at any cost? (i don't remember which episode it was)
EDIT fount it. ep 6 : "because i don't want to defile hayate's future with blood, i won't kill anyone! but i won't stop for anything else !"
Yeah, in episode 1 though it looked like she was going to seriously hurt Nanoha before Fate & Co. arrived. Though I figure Vita was just going to break her Barrier Jacket to get to the yummy Linker Core...

Oh yeah and tons of people live without Linker Cores at all...
Old 2006-11-27, 14:42   Link #951
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I always assumed they were just incredibly weak in the magic-incapable, not absent. Is there anything in the dialogue to suggest either?
Old 2006-11-27, 14:57   Link #952
Alavaria

... you're right...
I can't remember exactly what is defined as a LInker Core... hmm
Apparently "is the internal source of magical power for a magic user in the Nanoha universe." I don't know about non-magic users... good point..

Last edited by Alavaria; 2006-11-27 at 15:38.
Old 2006-11-27, 15:18   Link #953
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Collecting it from a large group of people would cause too much commotion. That's why they did it secretly and started attacking large monsters on other worlds when TSAB got onto them.
Old 2006-11-27, 15:25   Link #954
Alavaria

I wonder if there is anything/anyone around who can deal with the NHHJ-dan now, consisting of 3 Velka knights, 2 familiars.. um one Chrono, one Yuuno and a Nanoha and Fate... with lots of cartridges all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Hey! Maybe if they televised the NHHJ-dan's (I love that) exploits before StrikerS ...
Actually, that would be a nice cover story huh.. whenever they go off to fight evil and whatever.. they can say they're doing filming for a TV show, which is of course named MSLNanoha. Brought to you by TSAB productions... hehe

Last edited by Alavaria; 2006-11-27 at 15:45.
Old 2006-11-27, 15:32   Link #955
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

If TSAB managed to detect their activities in other worlds when they went monster hunting, they woulda've picked them up faster if they attacked people on other worlds.

They're not called Time-Space Administration Bureau for nothing...
Old 2006-11-27, 18:30   Link #956
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I thought everyone had a linker core.

To speak about it like an RPG, everyone has MP. It's just that some people don't even have enough max MP to cast the weakest cure spell and therefor are useless in the magic department.

Also, I thought the Knights went to take on those huge monsters because they knew their time was limited and those monsters had bigger cores and could fill up the book faster. Again, to make a videogame reference, if you want to play it safe, level up slowly on weak 3EXP enemies. If your rental needs to be returned tomorrow, it may be worth it to fight some 200EXP enemies instead.
Old 2006-11-27, 19:49   Link #957
JediNight
キズランダム

It seemed to be that completely draining ones Linker Core would leave you in a coma-like state and have a chance of death. It's just that for both Fate and Nanoha, they had an evac and med team there for them ASAP.
Old 2006-11-28, 00:19   Link #958
Nemesis

1 question :does a person with a strong linker core is different mentally,physically,in any way compared to a normal person ?
Old 2006-11-28, 00:36   Link #959
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Doesn't seem so. The A's manga puts Arisa above Nanoha mentally (or at least academically) and Suzuka above her physically.

While there's speculation that those two may be magically capable because they were trapped in YnS's barrier, they certainly haven't developed any magical strength they may have the way she has, and there are alternative explanations for their entrapment.

Last edited by Kikaifan; 2006-11-28 at 12:42.
Old 2006-11-28, 00:55   Link #960
Nemesis

I see.

Anyway guys,dont you think the writer should let us in about how and why the lost civilisation end up destroying themselves(in detail)?Maybe even the new villian will be related to this and is trying to gather all the lost logia to attempt to rebuild their civilisation.
Closed Thread