AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-18, 06:05   Link #1181
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Is it sad that I'm more eager for whatever the big StrikerS announcement on the 31st is than I am for xmas?
Old 2006-12-18, 06:09   Link #1182
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Not really, xmas comes once a year, StrikerS will only be once. And when it's over, it's over...
Old 2006-12-18, 06:15   Link #1183
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
christmas? bah humbug! after 16 years of xmas ive come to realize that its pretty much the same old boring rutine year after year...

strikerS on the other hand is a once in a lifetime event so i better savor my feeling for it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-18, 06:48   Link #1184
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
Is it sad that I'm more eager for whatever the big StrikerS announcement on the 31st is than I am for xmas?
No, it's not sad, it's perfectly natural. (and this from a person whose birthday coincides with Xmas...)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2006-12-19, 22:44   Link #1185
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

After finally getting my hands on the A's manga I just have to say that....WHY ISN'T THERE AN OVA OF THAT 5 ON 5 BATTLE?!
Old 2006-12-20, 00:53   Link #1186
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Too Cool To Animate. Like the Revy/Roberta gunfight.
Old 2006-12-20, 05:49   Link #1187
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Indeed...the fight must have been awesome, but the outcome was funny
Old 2006-12-20, 06:04   Link #1188
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

It's like when you dream you're playing the greatest videogame ever, but you can't see the TV and have no clue what it's actually like.
Old 2006-12-21, 05:21   Link #1189
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Yeah, that and other dreams where you dream something amazing, but you can't quite see it...really annoying.

By the way, the "Fate dressed as Precia" sketch is nearly done
Old 2006-12-21, 05:39   Link #1190
Bloodseeker

I hope that older Fate does her younger counterpart justice; Its gonna suck if the creators decide to have the years draw her away from the serious and formal front that she keeps during combat and opt to make her more emotional and compassionate like Nanoha and Hayate. Actually, I'd like to see her revert back to her darker S1 attitude, complete with the colder facial expressions. (at least as far as combat situations go)
Old 2006-12-21, 05:41   Link #1191
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ well she has bound to be affected by nanoha and her friends to be more open and lighter than before ~ like you ill be unhappy if she makes a total 180 turn but heres hope that she retains some of her soft spoken shyness

@flamesparkZ ~ gambatte! *cheer*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-21, 06:01   Link #1192
Bloodseeker

Her shyness is cute and all, but the thing that really makes Fate for me is her badass side: the fighting style, combined with the serious attitude and the equally serious facial expressions. (thus why I call her "little badass" as compared to "cutest little loli" or something of the sort) If they threw that out the window in favor of making her attitude in combat more Nanoha-like, well... I probably wouldn't be as big of a fan of older Fate, even if she kept the cute shyness. She'd just be another hot anime character with a cool weapon.
Old 2006-12-21, 06:05   Link #1193
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The problem of course being that Fate's softened character might be her true one She wouldn't be listening to Nanoha in the first place if she was so badass And I don't recall her being so badass in A's. You can expect her to tone down even more if she's been following Nanoha around (trying to confess her love ).
Old 2006-12-21, 06:07   Link #1194
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

oh rite that factor well pretty much the same i should think ~ she has always been serious about anything she does so i should guess that it would be the same for her even a few years later ~ its one those habits that are hard to change ~ i think she would hesitate more about hurting the enemy (due to nanoha's influence) and might even adopt more of her "lets be friends" traits @_@ the horror!

but we shall see i definatly hope she doesnt become soft in combat ~
but just look at this pic and it screams BADASS!

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-12-21 at 06:45.
Old 2006-12-21, 06:26   Link #1195
Bloodseeker

She retained some of it in A's... she wasn't as much of a "fight or get out of my way" kind of character (that wouldn't have meshed well with her status as a TSAB enforcer anyways), and her facial expressions and tone weren't as cold, but she was still dead serious and combative in combat, she still kept the kind goody-two-shoes talk to a minimum, and you never saw her giving any emotional speeches or anything like that.

But yeah, I'm afraid that years around friendly people may result in us seeing soft-heated Fate in StrikerS... I really hope not, though. Maybe they'll go the other way and have six years as an enforcer keep her somewhat hard.
Old 2006-12-21, 06:29   Link #1196
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

I don't care how 'badass' Fate remains in Strikers, so long as Bardiche retains HIS badass voice. His voice is WIN, followed by Graf Eisen's maniacal ravings.

"Yes, Sir."
Old 2006-12-21, 06:32   Link #1197
Bloodseeker

I don't see why Bardiche's voice would change... and as long as the weapon itself retains its badassery, I couldn't care less.

And Grahf Eisen is meh... my second to least favorite Nanoha weapon behind Raging Heart. It doesn't help that I don't really care about Vita.
Old 2006-12-21, 06:55   Link #1198
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

actually thats a good idea : lets rank your fav weapon in order :3

1) bardiche/assault ~ insane melee weapon ~ 100% love from me and the voice is just perfect

2) Klarwind ~ i find this one really soothing and pure...even tho it didnt get much screen time i really like it for some reason or it could just be i find ring weapons really cool ^_^

3) reinforce/YnS/tome of the night sky (or whatever ) ~ your own personal chibi? no questions asked together with the fact that it used to be the most powerful thing ever to have exsisted all so adds to the charm

4) Laevatein ~ another pure melee weapon like fate's ~ amazing power and the snake form is just godly tho the bow for seem a bit underpowered ~

5) raging heart ~ meh...the cannon...nuff said

6) Grahf Eisen ~ im just not too fond of hammers O.o just doenst have the charm as the other forms of melee weapons imo...

Old 2006-12-21, 07:26   Link #1199
Bloodseeker

1. Bardiche: Both Scythe form and Zanber form look really cool. And I like its revolver-like catridge loader after the upgrade. Fate wouldn't be as badass as she is without them.

2. Reinforce: Rein FTW!

3. Levantine: Not a big fan of Snake form either, and Bow form is just okay, but Sword form gives Bardiche's Scythe and Zanber forms a run for coolest looking weapon.

4. S2U: I liked this weapon a lot more than the Duranal. The attacks that he used to destroy those mechs at the end of S1 were pretty cool. Too bad that we didn't get to see much of it...

5. Klarer Wind: Doesn't look all that cool, but I like its technique where Shamal reaches into people's chests and takes their linker core. And there's something hot and maternal about healers...

6. Grahf Eisen: Meh. I actually don't mind hammers, but I just don't think that this one looks all that cool, and its attacks aren't as flashy as some of the others.

7. Durandal: I take back what I said earlier... this is my second to least favorite MGLN weapon. It looks dumb, and freezing things isn't all that cool. The only proper way to use ice as a weapon is to make nice, sharp sickles out of it.

8. Raging Heart: Pink rod that shoots pink laser beams and speaks terrible Engrish. And even if it weren't pink, it still wouldn't look very cool.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-12-21 at 07:45.
Old 2006-12-21, 07:39   Link #1200
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
1. Chibi Reinforce: Just the cutest thing ever. Alsoe her Fusion with Hayate to bring out the super blonde Mahoujin of Doom is awesome I Hope she get a lot of Screentime in StrikerS. I want her to use some Variations of Bloody Dagger and Diabolic Emission!

2. Raging Heart. I like her Voice an her Imense Firepower. No Other Device uses such a huge Amount of magic Cartriges.

3. Bardiche: Just cool. The perfect Weapon for Fate-chan. haken and Zamber Form looks just too badass!