AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 12:58   Link #1
Atheuz

Anime with "insane" main character

My friend wants to watch an anime where the main character is insane and possibly ends up killing himself or herself.

So help?
Old 2007-08-19, 13:07   Link #2
GunBladeKid09
~Falling~

Send a message via MSN to GunBladeKid09
Like psychopath insane where he/she goes on a rampage and tries to kill everything or insane like oh my gosh I can't believe they just did that it was sick!
Old 2007-08-19, 13:39   Link #3
Atheuz

She's looking for an anime where there's a Miss Yomi from Zombie Loan kind of character, that's completely immoderate and wild, but no over the top killing 16 billion people like in Elfen Lied OR an anime where the main character ends up trying to kill himself/herself.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:34   Link #4
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Higurashi No Naku Koro ni has lolis that go insane.

edit: wow, i just got a dissaprovement "seriously put your stupid meme out of a suggestion forum at least"
haha, how is this a meme?

Last edited by Cheezy; 2007-08-20 at 11:54.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:02   Link #5
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Higurashi No Naku Koro ni has lolis that go insane.
Not just Lolis lol, i would say they are ALL insane...

Well, the School Days game has some of that, but I'm not sure about the anime, but it looks really promising right now so you might want to check that out
Old 2007-08-19, 20:00   Link #6
DanielSong39

School Days definitely qualifies; Makoto has already gone off the deep end and Kotonoha is ready to snap. And Sekai's not quite right in the head either.

Rin (SHUFFLE!) and Yuuichi (Kanon 2006) can also be viewed that way; not only do their personalities undergo incomprehensible changes over the course of the show, they also go suicidal because they can't handle being dumped.

I'd also argue that Keitaro (Love Hina) is insane. No one with his academic ability would apply to the top university in Japan and become a third-year ronin as a result. And no sane person chase after someone as destructive, malicious, and abusive as Naru - not for long, anyhow.

But if I had to recommend one show in this genre it would definitely be Katsuhiro Otome's Akira. A truly insightful work that explores many aspects of humanity and society.
Old 2007-08-20, 11:30   Link #7
7Th
Mixtape

Perfect Blue.
Old 2007-08-20, 11:53   Link #8
Shana

Death Note - I only watched episode 1 and spoiled myself reading Death Note's forum. But seems Light is really insane.
Old 2007-08-20, 14:00   Link #9
Atheuz

rofl guys this thread is full of suggestions of animes she's already seen, except for Death Note, she refuses to watch that.

Thanks for the suggestions so far though ;p
Old 2007-08-20, 14:17   Link #10
DarkBlood
コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ

Hmm... The Hellsing OVA... Alucard isn't really perfectly sane...
Well, Gundam Wing? Heero Yuy is kind of suicidal. Even tried blowing himself up.
Old 2007-08-20, 14:29   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Maybe Elfen Lied?
Old 2007-08-21, 00:26   Link #12
Echoes

It usually helps to provide a list of what you've already seen, so you don't end up wasting everyone's time, including your own.

If she's yet to see this, I'd be surprised/outraged, but Evangelion more than qualifies.
Old 2007-08-21, 01:07   Link #13
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Hmm, I can't think of anything that has truly nutso chars, though a lot of series have some pretty out there ones. Going through stuff I have on hand (DVDs in sight and series still on drive at a glance)...

I think the toilet fetish in Golden Boy is pretty messed up.

All the chars in Mugen no Ryvius suffer some serious issues.

As already mentioned a few times, Lucy from Elfen Lied is kinda messed up.

Light from Death Note has been touted as being insane (though I rooted for him all the same >.<)

All the Higurashi chars are totally screwed in the head.

Satou in NHK No Youkoso! and his paranoid delusions were pretty crazy.

Bokurano is just screwed up as a whole. Though that's more the overall story than any individual char, so doesn't really qualify.

Was some very questionable sanity in Sola, too.

I could dig through my DVD collection and be reminded of more crazy series, but too much effort for a post where somebody hasn't included stuff they've already seen.
Old 2007-08-21, 07:29   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was thinking about NHK just before reading Asai's post. Suicide is an issue in this show, and most of the characters have serious psychological issues. I don't think I'd call any of them "insane," however.
Old 2007-08-21, 11:44   Link #15
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It usually helps to provide a list of what you've already seen, so you don't end up wasting everyone's time, including your own.

If she's yet to see this, I'd be surprised/outraged, but Evangelion more than qualifies.
I don't know her all that well to know all the animes she's watched(though I could have asked, but wasn't really thinking about it). I provided a list of the animes you members provided and she basically said she had seen them all.

Anyway, she's currently watching NHK and is apparently enjoying it, also Asai I don't think she's watched any of those you listed - So appreciate it <3 and thanks to the rest too!
Old 2007-08-22, 17:34   Link #16
FreyaSui

Jisatsu Sakuru/Suicide Circle
But that's manga or live action movie, and both have different storylines, but I love both... xD She's probably seen if she likes suicide so much though~ ^^;
Old 2007-08-23, 01:05   Link #17
wao
OK.

Dude, you need to watch Paranoia Agent then. I think nearly everyone goes batshit at some point or another (I cry for Maniwa.) Plus it's got jawdropping animation and good direction to boot.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:03   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
In all honesty Zeta Gundam's main character Kamille is a complete loose cannon nutcase with a very questionable moral fibre, despite the things he might say that would make you feel otherwise, same goes for Gundam Wings "heroes" who more often then not start off as villains in Super Robot Wars games.

Code Geass also works as well, as do Death Note and Welcome To The NHK.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:26   Link #19
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Evangelion. Pretty much all the characters have psychological problems. The whole series is basically mecha with a psychological spin to it.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:21   Link #20
Keirn

I don't think Light from Death Note is "insane".....it's more based on personal opinion...if you believe in the death sentence he is right, if you don't he is wrong...
Closed Thread