AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-16, 10:58   Link #1061
elyK

I just noticed it is the 16th. It's a good thing college makes the days just fly by which gives the feel of a claymore chapter coming along quicker. Also check my first avatar; Beautiful ain't it?
Old 2009-10-16, 11:11   Link #1062
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyK View Post
I just noticed it is the 16th. It's a good thing college makes the days just fly by which gives the feel of a claymore chapter coming along quicker. Also check my first avatar; Beautiful ain't it?
Yes, I like the Avatar. Though I prefer the full sized version. (in spoiler)

Spoiler for Image:

Though personally I would have cropped it like this...

But whatever... to each there own.

Or used this one...

I got quite a few more Isley awakened color panels/avatars... not to mention fan art...

...Chapter 97 is only 19 days away, at the latest... hopefully sooner...
Old 2009-10-16, 11:23   Link #1063
elyK

I don't like my avatar anymore . So I used the one you posted which > the one I posted. I have no experience with photo shop or altering images, so I will have to thank you and your photo altering genius for allowing my first avatar to live up to all of its potential.
Old 2009-10-16, 11:33   Link #1064
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I don't like my avatar anymore . So I used the one you posted which > the one I posted. I have no experience with photo shop or altering images, so I will have to thank you and your photo altering genius for allowing my first avatar to live up to all of its potential.
No problem. I collect avatars and Colored pages... The least I can do is share them.

Oh, here are a few other options... that I quickly pulled together. I'm assuming you wanted Isley in his awakened form...

Edit:
One more
Old 2009-10-16, 11:39   Link #1065
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
No problem. I collect avatars and Colored pages... The least I can do is share them.

Oh, here are a few other options... that I quickly pulled together.

Edit:
One more
Oh man, it's Christmas in October!
Old 2009-10-16, 11:47   Link #1066
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Oh man, it's Christmas in October!
No early, Halloween. Those were only little treats. I could have posted tricks...

Old 2009-10-16, 11:58   Link #1067
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Gah!!! Too much Bishonen!!!
Old 2009-10-16, 12:06   Link #1068
elyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Setting aside my ignorance and/or laziness to look it up; What is Bishonen?
Old 2009-10-16, 12:06   Link #1069
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I with held the butt shot images.

both in horsey form and human form.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:07   Link #1070
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Setting aside my ignorance and/or laziness to look it up; What is Bishonen?
in this case "pretty-boy character" or gay romance.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:14   Link #1071
elyK

Quote:
Haha. Gangsta certainly timed that nicely.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:14   Link #1072
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Actually, Bishonen meaning has nothing to do with gay romance. That would be Shounen-ai, and I guess Yaoi if it gets sexual.

But Bishonen, here is what wiki says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Bishōnen (美少年?, also transliterated ja-bishonen.ogg bishounen (help·info)), is a Japanese term literally meaning "beautiful youth (boy)".

The term describes an aesthetic that can be found in disparate areas in Asia: a young man whose beauty (and sexual appeal) transcends the boundary of gender or sexual orientation. It has always shown the strongest manifestation in Japanese pop culture, gaining in popularity due to the androgynous glam rock bands of the 1970s,[1] but it has roots in ancient Japanese literature, the homosocial and homoerotic ideals of the medieval Chinese imperial court and intellectuals, and Indian aesthetic concepts carried over from Hinduism, imported with Buddhism to China.[2]

Today, bishōnen are very popular among girls and women in Japan.[2][3] Reasons for this social phenomenon may include the unique male and female social relationships found within the genre. Some have theorized that bishōnen provide a non-traditional outlet for gender relations. Moreover, it breaks down stereotypes surrounding feminine male characters. These are often depicted with very strong martial arts abilities, sports talent, high intelligence, or comedic flair, traits that are usually assigned to the hero/protagonist.[4]
well it may have its roots in homoerotic but basically, I think these days it is used to describe very feminine pretty boys that are common in Japanese Manga and Anime. I don't think Isley is gay.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:17   Link #1073
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

It's kinda like how Girls like boy bands, the least manly examples of males usually.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:20   Link #1074
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Actually, Bishonen meaning has nothing to do with gay romance. That would be Shounen-ai, and I guess Yaoi if it gets sexual.

But Bishonen, here is what wiki says:

well it may have its roots in homoerotic but basically, I think these days it is used to describe very feminine pretty boys that are common in Japanese Manga and Anime. I don't think Isley is gay.

Um... then that site I went to had some bad info. Thanks for correcting me, I'm still trying to pick up on these Japanese terms.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:20   Link #1075
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
I with held the butt shot images.

both in horsey form and human form.
I guess at least Isley is better than Griffith from berserk, You can kind of still associate him with a guy, and then Berserk confuses you more with a naked scene with missing genitalia and a flat chest.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:24   Link #1076
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Griffith is a fucking ken doll. I'm still trying to figure out he managed to rape Caska.

Anyway, just to stay on topic. Anyone has any predictions for the next chapter?
Old 2009-10-16, 12:25   Link #1077
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I guess at least Isley is better than Griffith from berserk, You can kind of still associate him with a guy, and then Berserk confuses you more with a naked scene with missing genitalia and a flat chest.
I've seen the anime and am reading the manga now (barely into it). So I know what you mean... selling your body for power... freak.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:27   Link #1078
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Griffith is a fucking ken doll. I'm still trying to figure out he managed to rape Caska.

That's what I asked a friend: Is it rape, if there is no penis?
Old 2009-10-16, 12:29   Link #1079
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
I've seen the anime and am reading the manga now (barely into it). So I know what you mean... selling your body for power... freak.
I think I remember getting from you a comment thinking that Berserk is overated, once. I think so too. The last few chapters of Griffith conquest, there is no suspense. I don't see the purpose of spending multiple chapters on that when the results are so obvious. Besides, I'm still trying to figure out why a higher being would even care.
Old 2009-10-16, 12:31   Link #1080
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Uh... Alicia will attack Beth, there by saving Cynthia and Yuma. However Alicia won't be able to win and Cynthia knows she won't be able to escape... so she heals Riful who attempts to rescue/help Alicia, so she can have her perfect pawn... to save her against the org/Raciella/ghosts. Yuma carries Cynthia to safety again.

Don't laugh, I came up with it on the fly to stay on topic.
Closed Thread