AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-01, 14:15   Link #101
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Here goe's yet another edit, yes I've read parts of "Legacy" (not all), and Krayt is NOT recognized as the true Dark Lord by just about EVERY deceased Lord of the Sith (they all have Force Ghosts, so that's how we know) since he does not adhere to the "Rule of Two" and has massive armies of Dark Side Followers.

Luke is still stronger than any Dark Side user in the SW universe in the current books, so it is going to take a combination of age and some new hot-shot Dark-sider to finally kill him. My guess is he'll last past his current age of 60 to around 65-75 before dying.
Ok now we're just nit picking details. WE need to move this to PM or a Star Wars Thread.

Quote:
No, that doesn't mean he's a good student. If he were a good student he'd have been saying this via Private Messages where the reigning Dark Lord of Animesuki couldn't see it.
That's what I just said. Only less eloquently.

Quote:
That's how all smart and long-lived Dark Lords of the Sith operate, especially the most successful of all, Darth Sidious (AKA Emperor Palpatine) worked. Sith Lords that weren't secretive are known for dying quickly into their reigns (see Darth Caedus).
Darth Sidious was only the most successful based damage done to the Jedi/Republic. He failed to maintain his power and didn't pass his knowledge/power. So he failed the legacy of the Sith'ari, Darth Bane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
"slaps Ryus and revan5 across the head"

Claymore, people. Claymore.

Spoilers suck, I hope they're fake.
OK... ok.

Who'd win a Vader or Teresa?
Old 2009-10-01, 14:58   Link #102
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

I seriously don't know wats going on....why this starwars and claymore comparision...anyways @ryus teresa would win...Vadar lacks speed
Old 2009-10-01, 15:09   Link #103
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
I seriously don't know wats going on....why this starwars and claymore comparision...anyways @ryus teresa would win...Vadar lacks speed
Plus her sword is unbreakable

Meaning it's made of Cortosis. A metal in the Star Wars universe that a Lightsaber has major problems cutting through.

Or do you Marvel fans believe the Claymore is made of adimantium?
Old 2009-10-01, 15:19   Link #104
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well, it's indestructible....might as well be made of adamantium XDDXD

Cortoris blades aren't indestructible however, a lightsaber should be able to break it with enough strikes.

Hehe, I failed you Revan? because I didn't use the Dark Side?

Poor poor Revan, that's two apprentices he lost now

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-10-01 at 15:30.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:29   Link #105
SagaraSouske

I dunno, Claymores with light sabers would not have problem with thick AB armors.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:42   Link #106
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I dunno, Claymores with light sabers would not have problem with thick AB armors.
Imagine how far they could throw a lightsaber!
Old 2009-10-01, 17:25   Link #107
Newhope

Lightsabers wouldn't really matter a jedi wouldn't even hit a claymore for those lightsabers to work never mind even been able keep up with the speed of a normal claymore never mind single digits or claymores like Mira.
Old 2009-10-01, 17:31   Link #108
HegemonKhan
Banned

claymores are made from the mineral-material.....

claymorium, of course !!!!!

(if didn't know, this is a joke. not a real fact or anything from the manga)
Old 2009-10-01, 17:41   Link #109
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Lightsabers wouldn't really matter a jedi wouldn't even hit a claymore for those lightsabers to work never mind even been able keep up with the speed of a normal claymore never mind single digets or claymores like Mira.
All Jedi/Sith have the equivalent of Yoki precognition... though masters with sabers don't need that ability, as much. You've actually seen it in action in the movies, it's how they reflect Blasted bolts with such precision (when they get really good they can reflect them back with precision).

Even if the Jedi/Sith is slower than a Claymore they still know in advance where they need to block and where the opening are. It's like fighting a weaker Teresa (in most cases, some are debatable) but with force powers (which includes bursts of speed, not needing to breathe for long periods, super jumps, shoving/throwing someone/something with there mind, lightning, etc). After all in Episode 3 you saw Obi-wan fight a robot with his fists and give it a run for it's money.

In short Claymores have a few abilities but on average more base strength/speed, when Jedi/Sith on average have less base strength/speed but far more abilities. So all in all it would be a good match up (especially Young Yoda vs Teresa , old Yoda has no endurance ).
Old 2009-10-01, 17:43   Link #110
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
claymores are made from the mineral-material.....

claymorium, of course !!!!!
I say Unobtainium.
Old 2009-10-01, 17:56   Link #111
Newhope

I think you and many others are under estimating just how fast/strong even the weakest claymores are just imagine trying to fight someone who moves faster than the human brain can process the information of where they are and are strong enough to crush bones bare handed.
Old 2009-10-01, 18:36   Link #112
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I think you and many others are under estimating just how fast/strong even the weakest claymores are just imagine trying to fight someone who moves faster than the human brain can process the information of where they are and are strong enough to crush bones bare handed.
But with Jedi/Sith precognition, it would only be a matter of whether those abilities allowed them to avoid the strike. Also, the force would allow Jedi/Sith to manipulate or even crush the consciousness of weak-willed Claymores and bend them to their will. But as for a strong-willed Claymore like Teresa, even she'd be done for once my namesake, Darth Revan, were to unleash Force Storm (Lightning) against her. There simply is no defense that a Claymore has against such a weapon, or for that matter, Force Choke.

Only by awakening would people like Teresa stand a chance against Jedi Masters and Sith Lords. After that moment of course it's really anybody's guess as to what happens next.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-10-01, 19:35   Link #113
Tevourious

Holy cow

WOW I've never seen a Claymore thread get so off on such a tangent here.
Old 2009-10-01, 19:40   Link #114
HegemonKhan
Banned

well yoki and the force are pretty much the same thing. it's actually a quite reasonable comparison between the two. If you understand starwars and the force well, than yoki should be clear to you.

star wars, the force: a force all around you that can do or be used to anything.

claymore, yoki: a force within any being with yoma flesh inside of them, that can do or be used to do anything.

-sides i think everyone is jsut waiting for chapter 96....... tick tock tick tock......
Old 2009-10-01, 19:57   Link #115
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevourious View Post
WOW I've never seen a Claymore thread get so off on such a tangent here.
This is what happens when people are bored stiff waiting.
Old 2009-10-01, 20:09   Link #116
Newhope

Quote:
But with Jedi/Sith precognition, it would only be a matter of whether those abilities allowed them to avoid the strike. Also, the force would allow Jedi/Sith to manipulate or even crush the consciousness of weak-willed Claymores and bend them to their will. But as for a strong-willed Claymore like Teresa, even she'd be done for once my namesake, Darth Revan, were to unleash Force Storm (Lightning) against her. There simply is no defense that a Claymore has against such a weapon, or for that matter, Force Choke.

Only by awakening would people like Teresa stand a chance against Jedi Masters and Sith Lords. After that moment of course it's really anybody's guess as to what happens next.
After eveything a claymore goes through just to survive in there early lifes never mind after they become warriors I doubt any even ones like uma are weak willed enough to fall for there mind tricks, as for force lighting and attacks like that you have to hit them with it frist.

You've never really read the books have you very few Jedi/sith are even capable of doing most of the things you mentioned even most of the masters can't.
Old 2009-10-01, 20:27   Link #117
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

In short, I don't care if we don't hear anything new about this chapter for another year....if you're bored find something more constructive to do than filling up this thread with pointless and off topic discussion.

Don't make grumpy mod regret his laid back approach to these forums. Thanks.
Old 2009-10-01, 21:04   Link #118
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

One of the major problems with the Star Wars EU in my opinion is that it made the Jedi and Sith too damn uber. Watch the fully Canon movies. They can be stopped, and no the they do not pull ships out of orbit, or perfectly deflect any and all things that come at them, or whatever. Hell the whole Jedi order got punked by order 66 so bad, it makes what happened to the Claymores in Pieta look like a grand truimph.

Speaking of Claymore lets drop the SW discussion and get back on that.
Old 2009-10-01, 21:29   Link #119
Ryus
The One Eyed King

OK, since I was one of the two to foolishly bring up Star Wars I'll try to get the conversation back on track. Sorry Solace!

Poll Time

What will happen to Beth?

A) Beth will be consumed and turned into a super cat minion
B) Riful will kill her, to awaken Alicia and to prevent whatever might happen
C) Twist of A) and B) Riful will attempt to kill Beth but be killed by the creature when it awakens
D) Twist of C) Riful will attempt to kill Beth but Alicia will kill Beth to protect her (or because the new creature growing from Beth takes control of the link)
E) Twist of D) Alicia will capture Riful while under the control of the creature to turn her too
F) Clare will come (or attempt to) save Beth due to Raphaela memories/emotions influencing her to do so
G) Clare will come (or attempt to) kill Beth in order to prevent whatever may come
H) Beth will be absorbed by the projectile and the power will transfer to The Destroyer (when in A) that doesn't happen)
I) Alicia in confusion will go to her sister and suffer the same fate and/or be the first victim
J) Clare and group will since what is happening to Beth and attempt to get there and fail, so will Riful and Alicia due to too much confusion in Alicia's Partially awakening mind. The chapter will end before we know what Beth turned into.
K) Other (Post your Theory) _________________________________________________
Old 2009-10-01, 21:43   Link #120
iLney

Beth goes mad and falls for Duff. Riful gets mad and attacks Beth. Alicia intervenes while Beth is playing nurse. The rest of the chapter is filled with "cat" fight.
Closed Thread