AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-29, 18:56   Link #1501
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I agree with the killing him to be not a matter of honor so much a prudence and necessity. However it would have been a hollow victory... the MiB was still there and in the long run she can never beat them.
Wait...the Mib? What? are we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about Riful and her attempting to kill wounded Isley. I don't care, I don't believe in things like honor when it comes to war. I really don't believe in such beliefs outside of war to begin with. Life is more important to me then fighting a war "the right way".
Old 2009-10-29, 19:01   Link #1502
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Wait...the Mib? What? are we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about Riful and her attempting to kill wounded Isley. I don't care, I don't believe in things like honor when it comes to war. I really don't believe in such beliefs outside of war to begin with. Life is more important to me then fighting a war "the right way".
Well... I meant to say org...

Anyways the point... they had Alicia and Beth to counter her plus the other warriors for fodder...

The Org calls Check

Just a few years later they had AF's.

The Org calls Check and Mate.

Riful equals dead if Isley was killed by Riful.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:05   Link #1503
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well... I meant to say org...

Anyways the point... they had Alicia and Beth to counter her plus the other warriors for fodder...

The Org calls Check

Just a few years later they had AF's.

The Org calls Check and Mate.

Riful equals dead if Isley was killed by Riful.
Not really....

Isn't what you say basically what's happening right now? Alicia and Beth are indeed attacking alongside the AE's/AF's.

Take Isley out of the picture, and the same things happening now would have happened.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:22   Link #1504
HegemonKhan
Banned

all three abyssal ones, were doomed...

once the Organization completed the Alicia+Beth project ("first phase"), because they could then use it for their next project ("second phase"), Abyss Feeders.

now that i'm thinking about it.....

Rafaela+Luciela was actually the first project (first phase)... which went horrible wrong... but what did Dae say, "some things-failed experiments-projects left to themselves, have a way of surprising you later on....",

like....... Rafaela+Luciela=Destroyer

(and now Dae' has two fragments of that "failed experiment-project" in the form of the two small impaled rods in raki's shoulder. Also, Raki himself is an interest to Dae, since he's resisting those rods and/or can be their host, and Dae' gets to see what happens or understands what goes on...for whatever dark endevour in his head)

only priscilla, who is far more powerful than all 3 abyssal ones, isn't-wasn't doomed....
Old 2009-10-29, 19:37   Link #1505
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

What are you talking about Hedge?

Alicia and Beth aren't invincible and neither are the AE's. Both of them are projects born from arrogance, and belief they could control what they simply could not.

Mike Myers in Inglorious Basterds said that all the rotten eggs are in one basket; the objective, blow up the basket....well, the Org's basket is now blown, and they have nothing to show for it.

Even if Raciella didn't come into play, both projects still could have been beaten by them, especially by Isley and if they came into being during the war.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:48   Link #1506
HegemonKhan
Banned

well the thing about the abyss feeders......

mass production of cheap powerful weapons.....

steps to making abyss feeders:

1. human
+
2. yoma flesh
=
3. claymore
+
4. awakening
=
5. awakened one
+
6. killed by claymores
=
7. awakened one's flesh-corpse
+
human
=
abyss feeder

rinse and repeat

abyss feeders can be forever created as long as there are humans and at least a single claymore that can kill an awakened one.

the abyss feeders killed isley (not in a single batle, but by attrition), whom is arguably the most powerful abyssal one of the three (isley-himself, riful, luciela).

this means that surely the abyss feeders with some time (attrition), would kill riful too, and luciela if she was still alive as well.

then there's alicia+beth too.

alicia seemed to be doing just fine 1 v 2 against riful and dauf. I don't think riful or dauf ever did any damage to alicia. maybe they could have gotten beth (though dauf wasn't able to hit beth), and then be able to kill alicia. And, alicia could certainly do damage to dauf and riful....
Old 2009-10-29, 19:56   Link #1507
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
abyss feeders can be forever created as long as there are humans and at least a single claymore that can kill an awakened one.

the abyss feeders killed isley (not in a single batle, but by attrition), whom is arguably the most powerful abyssal one of the three (isley-himself, riful, luciela).

this means that surely the abyss feeders with some time (attrition), would kill riful too, and luciela if she was still alive as well.
You're missing the point; yes the AE's can kill anybody as long as they have their flesh and with attrition, but that's assuming they have their flesh to begin with which is the worst possible outcome. Even then, it's possible to trip them up such as carving your own flesh and putting it in seperate locations. The AE's are far too straightforward and rely on too much time to eventually wittle down their opponent.

Their's also population growth to consider since I doubt the Organization has a never-ending supply of women who want to be an AE, but by now, we know they couldn't care less about population anymore.

As for Riful and Dauf, well of course they did well, Alicia and Beth were MADE to fight Riful as the AE's were made to fight Isley. I'm not saying Alicia and Beth aren't tough, but you're exaggerating their strength level and not remembering that Riful has been on quite a disadvantage; remember, she was attacked beforehand by the AE's whom she didn't even know existed and on top of it, Raciella.
Old 2009-10-30, 01:28   Link #1508
HegemonKhan
Banned

1. the flesh-scent-hunting-tracking is definately a problem. (sorry for leaving this out)

though, it isn't that well understood (manga didn't really explain it that well) either...

do the AF really need the flesh? maybe the flesh is just so that they can act (hunt) on their own? maybe they can still be ordered what to do without the flesh? maybe they only needed the flesh-scent tracking for the abyssal ones because the abyssal ones can hide their yoki so well? maybe, the AF can track yoki down from targets which can't hide their yoki like the abyssal ones can? Or, maybe not to all of these things i proposed? we just don't know, since the manga didn't really explain it (as far as i know).

2. it does NOT take long (much attrition) for the AF to kill. It is just that isley was that powerful and intelligent-wise. Riful, whom's arguably a bit weaker, would take even less time for the AF to kill. Riful may not even realize, like isley had so wisely-intelligently, to hide among humans in their villages. so, she might be killed even more soon. riful might not even realize the tactics or how the AFs work, like isley had done so. though, riful is pretty smart-wise-intelligent, so maybe she would. we don't know.

the AF were up against the ABYSSAL ONES, they aren't going to destroy the almighty abyssal ones in a single battle or a few. it's going to take a bit of time, until they have enough knowledge and exhausted the abyssal ones to kill them, like it had took them to kill isley.

maybe alicia and definately priscilla can kill the abyssal ones in a single fight, but not the AF. they weren't made to do it this way.

the AF *WERE MADE TO GUARANTEE THE DESTRUCTION* of the abyssal ones, through attrition. with each battle the AF gets more experience and combat knowledge about their abyssal one target and they return to the fight (tracking down) sooner and sooner too. despite, the abyssal ones abilities to regenerate, they just can't keep up with the AF, especially as they get more and more fatigued, not getting the time needed to rest, heal, and regenerate.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:09   Link #1509
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
After so many time i finally went back to this forum and what i see... Well, first of all let me give my 0.02 cents:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, RAKIIIII!!

He tried to fight the Chibi-Rafacielas who were atacking that city, but got hit by their poles. And now he was trying to avoid to turn himself into a monster by sheer strong will, until he was found by the Organization. Where is Priscilla?! Why she is not with him?? And who is the group more f***ed now, Chintia/Yuma or Clare/Helen/Deneve?

God, i hope someone (Claaaaaaare!!!) can save him before those creeps from the Org do something horrible with him. After all, considerating what they did to the abyssal eaters, good taste is not something they have... most likely those m.i.b. even hate women!

Anyway, considerating how the Org met Raki as the only survivor, i think all the people of that town were eaten, but by who? Priscilla or the Chibi-Rafacielas? Most likely the laters. Thanks to Raki's influence, Priscilla will avoid to do anything nasty... for now.

But why she was not with him? We already know if someone atack Raki, Priscilla will try to protect him no matter what. Maybe she was avoiding to fight at full strenght, after all she was already too weak and at her limit for not eating guts for so many time. We don't even know if she can transform herself anymore.

So probably Raki fought alone against those Chibi-Rafacielas. He was not a pushover, considerating they were at least two, but got hit. Then she decided to act and fight them, but after defeating them she became too hungry so she ran away for not killing Raki, too.

That or the only way to save Raki now is killing Rafaciella. So she went to destroy her. But i doubt that.

What will happen to Raki now? I hope someone can save him before he became another monster. We don't need another superpowerful being here... besides i doubt Clare can take the pain of the lost of another important person in her life.

Another thing... it's just me or Raki was not just in pain, he was displeased by the arrival of the man in black? Would be interesting if after he discovered Priscilla and Easley were actually awaked beings created by the Organization, they had told him everything they knew about their dirty secrets.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:22   Link #1510
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
After so many time i finally went back to this forum and what i see... Well, first of all let me give my 0.02 cents:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, RAKIIIII!!

He tried to fight the Chibi-Rafacielas who were atacking that city, but got hit by their poles. And now he was trying to avoid to turn himself into a monster by sheer strong will, until he was found by the Organization. Where is Priscilla?! Why she is not with him?? And who is the group more f***ed now, Chintia/Yuma or Clare/Helen/Deneve?

God, i hope someone (Claaaaaaare!!!) can save him before those creeps from the Org do something horrible with him. After all, considerating what they did to the abyssal eaters, good taste is not something they have... most likely those m.i.b. even hate women!

Anyway, considerating how the Org met Raki as the only survivor, i think all the people of that town were eaten, but by who? Priscilla or the Chibi-Rafacielas? Most likely the laters. Thanks to Raki's influence, Priscilla will avoid to do anything nasty... for now.

But why she was not with him? We already know if someone atack Raki, Priscilla will try to protect him no matter what. Maybe she was avoiding to fight at full strenght, after all she was already too weak and at her limit for not eating guts for so many time. We don't even know if she can transform herself anymore.

So probably Raki fought alone against those Chibi-Rafacielas. He was not a pushover, considerating they were at least two, but got hit. Then she decided to act and fight them, but after defeating them she became too hungry so she ran away for not killing Raki, too.

That or the only way to save Raki now is killing Rafaciella. So she went to destroy her. But i doubt that.

What will happen to Raki now? I hope someone can save him before he became another monster. We don't need another superpowerful being here... besides i doubt Clare can take the pain of the lost of another important person in her life.

Another thing... it's just me or Raki was not just in pain, he was displeased by the arrival of the man in black? Would be interesting if after he discovered Priscilla and Easley were actually awaked beings created by the Organization, they had told him everything they knew about their dirty secrets.
Hehe, "Chinitia" and "Chibi-Rafaciela"

While it's difficult to say what exactly happened, one thing is for sure, Priscilla has returned to her AB personality she had when she first awoke. It's difficult to say if it's 100% as she remembers and acknowledges Raki, but she has definitely given in to her hunger and is feasting again. As for the townsfolk, it could have been her as well, maybe she gave into her hunger there. She may have left for fear of hurting him.

As for Raki, who knows, maybe she thinks he's dead and that means she finally has nothing holding her back. The translations are shifty on this matter as the two-page dialog either gives off the impression that she was following him and now is free to go to the battlefield, or she's merely saying she came there after her long struggle meaning she is still following him. If so, she could merely be quenching her hunger and then she'll return to him.

It's complicated, but unfortunately, I don't think she'll rescue him, she seems occupied with meals right now. If anyone can save him, it'll be the gals at Rabona, Renee, or possibly Dietrich who may recognize him.

It's possible and in my opinion, likely that Raki was told by Isley many things, especially if he found out their identities before parting which is a good chance. I find it hard to believe that by now, Raki doesn't know more about the Organization, Yoma, and all the rest. He probably knows a good deal about them from the former Number 1.

Cynthia and Yuma must have fled to safety thankfully. Claire and her group are still fighting the HellCats. As for Riful, who knows what will happen by I think more and more, Alicia will ally with her.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:56   Link #1511
HegemonKhan
Banned

a few things i must say:

1. there's no way raki can take on the hellcats. Clare herself, along with deneve and helen, just barely managed to kill them, and you can see that all of them, even clare, is tired-exhausted from it.

2. also, everytime the hellcats are damaged, they shoot out small projectiles from their damaged spot. There's no way raki could have killed the hellcats and only received two small projectiles in his shoulder. Clare, deneve, and helen had a hard enough time with it.

3. I refuse that raki is magically now as powerful as clare, deneve, and helen. that is just too preposterous for me to accept-believe.

4. about the humans being gone:

The hellcats would simply kill the humans (NOT eat them). The hellcats have no interest in feeding like the abyss feeders. All the hellcats and the Destroyer care about is destruction.

i don't see priscilla eating the humans, as she HASN'T been this entire time with raki. Why would she now do so in front of him?

so, i think that as soon as the huge projectiles awakened into the hellcats, the hellcats killed the humans OR the humans got killed in the battle between midget-small priscilla and the hellcats OR during the battle the humans got hit with the small projectiles and they had to be killed by priscilla and maybe raki as well.

while, priscilla was indeed midget-small, she certainly was NOT weak. Midget-small priscilla nearly crushed renee's arm-wrist and renee nearly had a heart attack as she finally detected some of priscilla's huge amount of power, just some time ago after all.

so, i say that midget-small priscilla was able to kill the hellcats.

5. so, based on this, priscilla must have regained her "bad girl" self and her height, either, after she killed the hellcats or during the battle (maybe priscilla killed the hellcats by eating them OR she needed to eat them to get stronger or replenish herself).

6. raki having been impaled by the two small projectiles, made his scent or aura weak. This and with priscilla having regained her "bad girl" self and height, priscilla no longer had any reason to stay with raki.

7. priscilla takes off towards beth to feed some more as she hadn't had enough to eat yet. this is probably what is keeping her from not having returned to her one horned winged purple demon form.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:10   Link #1512
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
i don't see priscilla eating the humans, as she HASN'T been this entire time with raki. Why would she now do so in front of him?
Because she can't control herself that's why. She's in a town full of humans for crying out loud, that must be extremely tempting.

The only way for Priscilla to have saved Raki and killed the HellCats is by tapping into her power, using even more strength and weakening her holds even further.

We don't know for sure what happened, but it's not surprising if she gave in after the battle and ate everyone. She then left him as to not eat him and/or because her darker-side believed he was dead meat anyway.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:12   Link #1513
HegemonKhan
Banned

priscilla still is-was powerful, despite her stature of being midget-small.....

while, priscilla was indeed midget-small, she certainly was NOT weak. Midget-small priscilla nearly crushed renee's arm-wrist and renee nearly had a heart attack as she finally detected some of priscilla's huge amount of power, just some time ago after all.

true, that we have no comparison of priscilla's power (as renee isn't the greatest to use as a comparison) or the hellcats

though, renee was scared (censor)less, when she finally felt/detected some of priscilla's vast power as priscilla nearly crushed her bones in her wrist-arm !!

so..meh... maybe priscilla could kill the hellcats easily, while still being midget-small, or maybe priscilla needed to feed and return to her old height to have the power to kill them...

i jsut don't see priscilla feasting on the humans, while poor raki somehow has to stay alive from the hellcats.. as he waits for priscilla to hurry up and join the fight...
Old 2009-11-01, 21:16   Link #1514
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
priscilla still is powerful, despite her stature of being midget-small.....

You're missing the point.

It's not about how strong she is, it's about her hunger. She's holding back her Awakened side and her need to eat and feed on humans for Raki's sake but has now given in because she was forced to fight to defend him.

That's why Raki stopped her from fighting Renee, he was trying to keep her away from fighting at all costs to increase the time she had left before she gave in.

Now that she's feeding again, she's back to normal per se, and regained her physical growth. Unfortunately, this means losing the progress she's made.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:23   Link #1515
HegemonKhan
Banned

"It's not about how strong she is, it's about her hunger. She's holding back her Awakened side and her need to eat and feed on humans for Raki's sake but has now given in because she was forced to fight to defend him." -shiek

this, i understand...

however, the huge projectiles have just struct the town, and surely are awakening into the hellcats (chapter 95).

still, leaves my point about, how can raki survive the hellcats while priscilla is gobbling up the humans....

there's just a huge "logistical" and timeline problem, here.

my main beef is this:

i just don't see priscilla eating humans in front of raki. if she is starving, she'd go and eat humans out of raki's sight.

but meh... exactly whatever happened isn't that big of a deal... and maybe in later chapter's we'll see it.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:37   Link #1516
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
my main beef is this:

i just don't see priscilla eating humans in front of raki. if she is starving, she'd go and eat humans out of raki's sight.

but meh... exactly whatever happened isn't that big of a deal... and maybe in later chapter's we'll see it.
I re-checked 96 to look for something: corpses. If she feasted, Priscilla wouldn't leave a single shred behind whereas the HellCats are more likely to live bits like arms and whatnot.

In all the panels of the town, I didn't see any bodies laying around, only blood, but the MiB's words are still too vague.

I don't think we can get much more out of this, not till we have more information. We can get a pretty good grasp of why Priscilla is the way she is now and plausible ideas on what happened, but the exact steps are still unclear.

You're right, no big deal, considering we had absolutely nothing to go on before.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:40   Link #1517
HegemonKhan
Banned

actually... that IS A VERY GOOD POINT !!!!

WHERE ARE THE HUMAN BODIES/CORPSES ???

you know what, based on this, i actually now think that priscilla MUST have eaten the humans. As there's no other explaination for why there's no human bodies/corpses.... as far as i can see (think of) ...
Old 2009-11-02, 05:07   Link #1518
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
a few things i must say:

1. there's no way raki can take on the hellcats. Clare herself, along with deneve and helen, just barely managed to kill them, and you can see that all of them, even clare, is tired-exhausted from it.

2. also, everytime the hellcats are damaged, they shoot out small projectiles from their damaged spot. There's no way raki could have killed the hellcats and only received two small projectiles in his shoulder. Clare, deneve, and helen had a hard enough time with it.

3. I refuse that raki is magically now as powerful as clare, deneve, and helen. that is just too preposterous for me to accept-believe.
I never said he could defeat them, but he was strong enough to fight them and survive their initial atack. And like you said, when they are damaged they shoot that small projectiles just like those what hit his shoulder. What means he at least managed to hurt one of them even if just a little.

The interesting thing is, why they hit his SHOULDER instead his front? That don't mean one of Chibi-Rafaciellas atacked him from behind?

Maybe he was hit not when he was fighting them, but when he was trying to protect someone.

Quote:
actually... that IS A VERY GOOD POINT !!!!

WHERE ARE THE HUMAN BODIES/CORPSES ???

you know what, based on this, i actually now think that priscilla MUST have eaten the humans. As there's no other explaination for why there's no human bodies/corpses.... as far as i can see (think of) ...
But during her meeting with Easley, Priscilla was feeding of just human guts, not entire bodies. Her hungry is just for guts, she would have left something behind, but there was none.

The Chibi-Rafacielas are no different than savage animals. They could feed on entire bodies, considerating how big they are.

Last edited by PGilis; 2009-11-02 at 05:45.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:50   Link #1519
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
But during her meeting with Easley, Priscilla was feeding of just human guts, not entire bodies. Her hungry is just for guts, she would have left something behind, but there was none.

The Chibi-Rafacielas are no different than savage animals. They could feed on entire bodies, considerating how big they are.
Mmmmm, this is true. It's plausible both ways.
Closed Thread