AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 00:12   Link #21
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
If i May He has the power to do that sorry to say it he has as sengoku said the most powerful devil fruit in exsistance
I dunno about the strongest devil fruit, but he does have the power to destroy the world tho.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 01:21   Link #22
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
^You have really low bounties. Ace only gets 300 million? Dragon only 800? If Shanks isn't at least a billion I will be a little upset. And Whitebeard and Dragon better both be well over a billion.
Bounty is a measure of both power and how much a threat the government feels you are.

For me, Shanks seems to be the laid back, relaxed kinda guy, not really revolution-leading material. He may be powerful, but I don't think the WG will consider him that much of a threat. Ace's power is comparable to Jimbei's; in fact I believe him to be a tad bit weaker then Jimbei considering how they fought to a draw on dry land. The reason I gave him a bounty higher then Jimbei's former bounty was because Jimbei's former bounty would probably have increased by now if he didn't take the Shichi position.

The Yonkou may rule the New World, but they are comparable to the Shichibukai, individually. A lot of their power stem from their large crews and their friendly relations with other NW pirates (for example, we see a lot of WG allies who are willing to risk life and limb for WB, and I think we can expect the same from the other 3 Yonkou).

I don't think we'll see ridiculously high bounties (i.e. over a billion). WB might have the strength of 100 Luffys (though I believe this figure to be exxagerated; maybe 20 luffies is more like it), but I don't think his bounty will reflect this. It just isn't realistic for the government ot be paying half its treasury just because a head is handed in. Think of the inflationary consequences of such an act! Dragon might reach a billion, but none of the other pirates will.

Quote:
If i May He has the power to do that sorry to say it he has as sengoku said the most powerful devil fruit in exsistance
Ok, replying to a post from years ago just makes you look dumb.
Old 2009-11-29, 02:05   Link #23
james0246

^There has never been any indication that the WG doesn't have a loose wallet. Just look at the Tenryubito, willing to spend 100s of millions on a mermaid when they could literally hire a crew of sailors to go catch a mermaid for a fraction of the cost. Additionally, how many 100s of millions did the Strawhats get from Skypiea? Yeah, money has never been a hindrance in the One Piece universe, so scaling back estimates on bounties for economic reasons seems silly at best.

In other words, if Vash the Stampede can have a bounty of 60 billion (double dollars) on a freaking desert planet with little to no natural resources, I'm pretty sure a lush paradise like the One Piece world has the needed capitol to finance a bounty of a few billion or so...(no, I do not think that the economic structure of Trigun and One Piece can be compared).

That being said, and to speculate, Shanks will have a bounty of at least a billion, maybe 900 million, maybe even a little over a billion, but somewhere in that range. Whitebeard will have a bounty of at least 1.5 billion; I see no other way for him to be called the strongest without a bounty of significant weight. And finally, Dragon will have a bounty of at least 1.75 billion. He is the most wanted man on the planet, and being worth anything less seems almost silly when addressing the issue of most wanted on the planet.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-11-29 at 02:15.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 02:21   Link #24
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:

That being said, and to speculate, Shanks will have a bounty of at least a billion, maybe 900 million, maybe even a little over a billion, but somewhere in that range. Whitebeard will have a bounty of at least 1.5 billion; I see no other way for him to be called the strongest without a bounty of significant weight. And finally, Dragon will have a bounty of at least 1.75 billion. He is the most wanted man on the planet, and being worth anything less seems almost silly when addressing the issue of most wanted on the planet.
You have not given any reasons for choosing such high figures.

I have at least attempted to put my thinking in words, which I hope you have read..
Old 2009-11-29, 02:51   Link #25
james0246

^^If you will reread my post, I did not dispute your individual reasons, but rather your scale of the economic situation of the One Piece world. Consequently, we could give the same reasons for the type of bounty a person receives (their "level" so to say (i.e. Shichibukai level vs. Admiral level, etc)), but since we have differing opinions on the economic scale of the WG (I do not see a billion bounty adversely affecting the WGs treasury or the economic structure of the universe, whereas you do have a problem with such a number (which I called "silly")), then no matter what, our individual bounties will always be different. (This is why I refferenced the Strawhats receiving 300 million for a few bags of gold they received in Skypiea, and, of course, the Tenryubito's ability to drop 100s of millions on extravagent items - both indicate how few money troubles the One Piece world has).

That being said, come on this is a fictional world, cut loose a little . What's the point of an extravagent fantasy world if silly old ideas such as economic stability have to come into play . But, since I doubt you will accept the answer of "Let's have some fun with numbers", very well then:

Bounty seems to be composed of equal parts knowledge and power. Specifically, if you have a good knowledge of the One Piece histories and secrets, then you will have a good size bounty (Robin); and if you have decent personal or group strength, then you will receive a good size bounty (most of the One Piece grunts found on the first 3 levels of Impel Down). To get the truly large scale bounties though, you need either great knowledge or great strength, or great strength and great knowledge, something we can only assume a few pirates have. The Yonkou, of course, will have great overall strength, which will automatically put them at least at 300-400 million (ala the Shichibukai), but adding knowledge to the equation, knowledge that at least Whitebeard and Shanks have of the One Piece universe (via Roger, of course), their bounty could easily be doubled . Then, when you add their actual strength into the equation (Shanks being able to knock out even hardened Whitebeard crew members, and Whitebeard having a DF said to have the power split the world), it seems safe to assume that their bounties are even higher (i.e. 500 million for strength + 500 million for knowledge = 1 billion bounty (or various deviations of this basic assumption)). Then when you add individual accomplishments (Shanks being a member of Roger's crew, and Whitebeard said to equal Roger), then it is possible for an even greater bounty to be calculated. So, at least a billion for Shanks, and at least 1.5 billion for Whitebeard. And, of course, Dragon's bounty will be greater than either individual. (this is, of course, all arm chair, and is more than open to interpretation, especially as new information is released.)

Last edited by james0246; 2009-11-29 at 03:20.
Old 2009-12-01, 15:37   Link #26
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Judging how Luffy´s bin lately with the World government, I will bet his bounty will go over 500m.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:25   Link #27
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Hmm... Luffy got 70 mi for taking down a Shichibukai (went from 30 to 100 mi after Alabasta), plus 200 mi for destroying Enies Lobby. Since then he defeated another Shichibukai, punched a tenryuubito, destroyed their 2nd stronghold and is taking part in the destruction of the 3rd. If it follows the trend his bounty should triple, though 500 mi sounds more realistic.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:36   Link #28
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Are you guys also taking into account the fact that the beri is probably similar to the yen? If we were to translate it into dollars, 300 million beri would be $3,000,000.00. Yea, three million dollars is a lot of money, but at the same time, it isn't that much at all considering the extremely rich have their hands on tens of billions of dollars. Though I seriously doubt it'll happen, I could easily handle the bounties getting as high as 5 billion beri before I would consider questioning if that's really necessary. A government spending $50 million capturing/killing someone that's a definite threat to their goals is an extremely reasonable amount to pay. There's no question that $3, $5, or $10 million is well within acceptable. To me, anyway.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 04:10   Link #29
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Bounties are determined by the amount of threat you pose to the World Government. None of the Shichibukai have an active bounty on their heads. They've been somewhat pardoned.

Boa Hancock is probably one of the most powerful fighters in One Piece and her bounty never got that high. And she can hit logia users at will.

Luffy has a 300,000,000 bounty on his head but he gets his ass kicked by the Admirals. Guys with lower bounties on their heads are kicking more ass in the current arc. Luffy, due to his bloodline, "crimes," and "diplomatic" powers is considered more dangerous at the time than someone like Jinbei was in the past.

-------------
The Yonkou are not part of the WG. They are Pirate Emperors. WG considers the 4 Yonkou as four leaders of 4 countries.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 04:39   Link #30
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
If bounties are indeed predictable (ODA) follows a pattern it could be possible that bounty follows a pattern which the new bounty is 10 x's the amount of the bounty luffy had before his current (30, 300, 100, 1000).

30,000,000- > 100,000,000-> 300,000,000 -> 1,000,000,000 for luffy's next bounty.

The other possibility is bounties are foreshadowed by previous events. This to me is very compelling argument.

100,000,000 was the amount nami needed to pay to buy back her village.

300,000,000 was the actual value of the treasure from skypea

500,000,000s how much was bid on Camie.
Old 2009-12-16, 07:51   Link #31
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Wasn't there a cap on bounties? I think Oda himself said that the WG can never give more than 500 m for any pirate.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 13:20   Link #32
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Wasn't there a cap on bounties? I think Oda himself said that the WG can never give more than 500 m for any pirate.
Where was that said? I can't recall it from any interviews that I've read. I do remember Oda saying that Enel would receive a 500 m bounty if he was a pirate.
Sho-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:26   Link #33
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties
"it is known (due to a SBS[4]) that a bounty can achieve 500,000,000."

I think it says somewhere in that wiki that Oda can't allow more than that.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 16:23   Link #34
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Quote:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties
"it is known (due to a SBS[4]) that a bounty can achieve 500,000,000."

tl;dr

I guess I'll just take your word for it.
Old 2009-12-25, 19:09   Link #35
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I've been rereading most of one piece this holidays, and so far I haven't seen that in any of SBSes. I'm in the middle of enies lobby so this is before luffy's 300,000,000 bounty is awarded.
Old 2009-12-25, 19:18   Link #36
james0246

Quote:

No SBS or Q & A that I know of have indicated a cap on the bounty of an individual. Rather, the wiki article that you link to mentions Enel's potential bounty (if he fought on the Grand Line), not a specific cap (which Sho-tan has mentioned).
Old 2009-12-25, 23:15   Link #37
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No SBS or Q & A that I know of have indicated a cap on the bounty of an individual. Rather, the wiki article that you link to mentions Enel's potential bounty (if he fought on the Grand Line), not a specific cap (which Sho-tan has mentioned).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the only indication of a 500 mil bounty was Enel's potential bounty. Which would be the highest in the series so far, but I really don't think there's a cap.
Old 2009-12-31, 10:12   Link #38
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Bounties are determined by the amount of threat you pose to the World Government. None of the Shichibukai have an active bounty on their heads. They've been somewhat pardoned.

Boa Hancock is probably one of the most powerful fighters in One Piece and her bounty never got that high. And she can hit logia users at will.

Luffy has a 300,000,000 bounty on his head but he gets his ass kicked by the Admirals. Guys with lower bounties on their heads are kicking more ass in the current arc. Luffy, due to his bloodline, "crimes," and "diplomatic" powers is considered more dangerous at the time than someone like Jinbei was in the past.

-------------
The Yonkou are not part of the WG. They are Pirate Emperors. WG considers the 4 Yonkou as four leaders of 4 countries.
Her bounty is only that low because the WG immediatly offered her the postion, soon after she achieved that bounty after her very first campaign.

I think Luffy will get anywhere between 400-450 Million.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 22:30   Link #39
Rozza C

Send a message via MSN to Rozza C Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza C
Here's my thoughts...and sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread...

Luffy's bounty (at least) will increase by a larger value each time his bounty is reviewed...because his recognition become greater throughout the progression of the series...

So if we look at his previous bounties:

First Bounty: 30,000,000 - Causes uproar on Nami's Island
Second Bounty: 100,000,000 - After defeating Crocodile in Alabasta (Change: 70,000,000)
Third Bounty: 300,000,000 - Defeating the CP9 and declaring war on the World Government (Change: 200,000,000)

Correct me if I'm wrong on what I'm saying here...

This time around...IF his bounty does go up after he does what he does in Impel Down...then his bounty would almost, if not, DOUBLE it's current amount...

So my assumption for his next bounty would be within the region of 500 - 600,000,000

Like I said..this is just my reasoning...it could be (and most probably is...) wrong...

I hope I made sense with what I just said...
Rozza C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 11:36   Link #40
kari-no-sugata

Personally, I'm still expecting Luffy's geometric rise in bounties to continue.

In short, next stop: a cool 1 billion!

I'm thinking 10 billion for Dragon (world's most wanted man), 8 billion for Whitebeard, 3-5 billion for Shanks and the other Yonkou. Assuming Ace survives I'd think around 1.5-2 billion (mostly due to him being Gold Roger's son).

Blackbeard is a hard one to predict, since we don't know what he's going to do next. I wouldn't put it past him to attack the world government directly though - now would be a good time to attack Mariejoa.