Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-05-20, 21:07   Link #1001
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Toned girls are nice. Not muscular.
I never said muscular (in a "burly" sense). I said muscle-girls. I think it’s just semantics problem (toned, ripped, etc). Are you imagining that all muscle-girls are burly girls who have muscles of a bodybuilder? Note: they’re not. Female athletes in athletic sports are good examples of muscle-girls imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Bruh, Mikasa already did that years ago.
Well, I'm glad that Yukina has open more eyes then .
Old 2016-05-20, 21:10   Link #1002
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ikoma really on fire today as well Kurusu sword skills are a match for those 2
Old 2016-05-20, 21:18   Link #1003
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah uh... I don't think pushing a train (from the inside, no less) to prevent derailing works like that
At the end of the day it was the center of mass that was shifted, and that was all they need to prevent the train from derailing.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 22:16   Link #1004
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Yeah uh... I don't think pushing a train (from the inside, no less) to prevent derailing works like that
It was just a matter of shifting most of the weight and mass on the train onto the opposing side so they can keep their balance and prevent the train from completely derailing.
Old 2016-05-20, 22:25   Link #1005
GDB

Quote:
Mythbusters tested this with a bus based on a scene from Speed (or Speed 2, can't remember). Episode 114. Shifting people did nothing. Shifting all the weight did nothing. They had to literally attach everything inside to the outside and put weights on the roof to make it top heavy in order to get it to flip.

I imagine a train would be even less likely to flip than a bus, given the sheer mass and size of it compared to that of the passengers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 22:28   Link #1006
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Mythbusters tested this with a bus based on a scene from Speed (or Speed 2, can't remember). Episode 114. Shifting people did nothing. Shifting all the weight did nothing. They had to literally attach everything inside to the outside and put weights on the roof to make it top heavy in order to get it to flip.

I imagine a train would be even less likely to flip than a bus, given the sheer mass and size of it compared to that of the passengers.
Yeah, they could've avoided that if they had done it while the Fused Colony was on the roof and could've just said that it was the reason why they didn't completely flip (or at least if it broke down into hundreds if not thousands of corpses that slammed on the roof almost simultaneously), but doing it afterwards makes no sense...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 00:19   Link #1007
Tormenk

The episode is very enjoyable but six episodes in I've yet to see any standout element that would really make Kotetsujo no Kabaneri really stand apart on its own. Hopefully that will be introduced soon.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 00:42   Link #1008
scififan

Quote:

You gotta read about 2015 Philadelphia train derailment. It is one of famous examples of speeding on a curve.
If you apply the real life situation in anime, the risk of derailment is very high. In regions overrun by kabaneri, railroads lack the routine maintenance. The chance of mechanical failure is high.

Although railroad gun sounds cool, firing motar on the moving train doesn't seem as a good idea.

Last edited by scififan; 2016-05-21 at 01:38.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 01:51   Link #1009
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm glad that Yukina has opened some people's eyes of the allure of muscle-girls like I previously argued way earlier in this thread :

*Quoted pics snipped*
Needs moar Darkness.
Old 2016-05-21, 03:31   Link #1010
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

well ep 7 they will move to a new station and this station is safe, but Kabane's attack threat still high, i ep will show more about the relationship between character........ but wait if new station still active, how Mumei and Ikoma can bypass the Kabane Checking Procedure, or this station don't have this rule
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 07:19   Link #1011
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
but wait if new station still active, how Mumei and Ikoma can bypass the Kabane Checking Procedure, or this station don't have this rule
I assume the same way Mumei didn't have to do the inspection the first time she arrived.
Old 2016-05-21, 08:48   Link #1012
Brother Coa
Banned

Another good episode. we have some nice bondings formed here.

And I am starting to like that Samurai guy as well.

But the gal that drives the train? She needs more attention.

Quote:
This is anime, that fact alone should answer all of your scientific questions.

And I also want to note that Mythbusters have been wrong more than once during their show.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 08:53   Link #1013
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

So it was revealed that Mumei was created to be a kabaneri. That shogunate was doing dodgy experiments on people to create kabaneri then, possibly as a mean to fight the kabane or he may be the root of the kabane problem (oh wait, he can't be since the kabane first appeared overseas). But it was also hinted that kabaneri may/will eventually get into kabane. Ikoma and Mumei are living on a limited timeline. But I think Ikoma is different. He naturally became a kabaneri, hence his body looks different from Mumei's. He may be the answer to Mumei's problem.

I laughed at the scene where muscle girl said turning off pressure limit then took off her shirt.

Have to admit though, those railway tracks are in quite good conditions despite the lack of maintenance. I can't remember what the timeline is for when kabane first appeared?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 09:08   Link #1014
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
And I also want to note that Mythbusters have been wrong more than once during their show.
Which ones? Also, how can a show about experiment and presenting the result of their experiment as is be wrong? In what way they're wrong? Did they chose the wrong variables or something? I'm a bit curious.
Old 2016-05-21, 09:21   Link #1015
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
You gotta read about 2015 Philadelphia train derailment. It is one of famous examples of speeding on a curve.
If you apply the real life situation in anime, the risk of derailment is very high. In regions overrun by kabaneri, railroads lack the routine maintenance. The chance of mechanical failure is high.

Although railroad gun sounds cool, firing motar on the moving train doesn't seem as a good idea.
I meant the chance for people doing anything with their weight inside will have a lower impact on a train than a bus. Hence the mass compared to the passengers part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Cool story. Doesn't negate when they're right, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Which ones? Also, how can a show about experiment and presenting the result of their experiment as is be wrong? In what way they're wrong? Did they chose the wrong variables or something? I'm a bit curious.
Usually it'd be a sample size issue giving them an improper variable. Like when testing if pissing on a train track can electrocute you, they based the pressure off of one toilet trip. Or the test wasn't designed properly.

Still doesn't mean that because they were wrong a couple of times over hundreds of episodes (which often had multiple myths each) that they're all wrong.
Old 2016-05-21, 09:25   Link #1016
ibby

Does anybody know when any merchandise besides video/audio (ie cd/dvd/Blu-ray) come out? I ask this question, as I won't mind getting my hands on some merch from this series, especially posters and anime garage kits.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 09:56   Link #1017
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I assume the same way Mumei didn't have to do the inspection the first time she arrived.
I thought that's because Ayame-papa said "she's my guest, she's my guest, so I'll take care of the rest"

It remains to be seen who is the friend in that station, but Ayame-sama likely has power of attorney for those 2, so I think she'll use her position.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 10:12   Link #1018
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibby View Post
Does anybody know when any merchandise besides video/audio (ie cd/dvd/Blu-ray) come out? I ask this question, as I won't mind getting my hands on some merch from this series, especially posters and anime garage kits.
There's a bunch of various things for it up on amiami already.

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/l...rch&pagemax=40
Old 2016-05-21, 10:15   Link #1019
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Still doesn't mean that because they were wrong a couple of times over hundreds of episodes (which often had multiple myths each) that they're all wrong.
Exactly, I am not saying that they are wrong in this case ( train derailing and how to stop it ). But they have been wrong more than once and because of that they should be used just like Wikipedia - with a grain of salt.

In the end this is anime, laws of logic, consistency and physics are broken occasionally because of rule of cool. They are still much more realistic than 95% of western movies.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 11:20   Link #1020
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
The pushing can't do anything because conservation of momentum, but I assume that was only a few dumbasses . Most people simply leaned on the side and moved weight. Whether that is enough to restore balance to such a heavy armoured train is another matter, but at least in principle the core idea isn't completely nonsensical (then again, if the interior weight of passengers and load was enough to prevent a derailing, it would also potentially be enough to cause a derailing, which sounds pretty unsafe design! But these trains might not have been built according to great safety standards of course, their main worry is resisting the kabane and everything else comes second).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, post-apocalyptic, steampunk, zombie apocalypse