AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-06, 08:40   Link #161
Tophi
Haruhiism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Original Video Animation. In few words, you can see it as a series/episode that is directly released to DVD/VHS/etc without first being broadcasted on TV
Thanks!
BTW, Tomoyo is beautiful.
Old 2009-05-16, 21:33   Link #162
Seitsuki
Onee!

personally tho during the part when Tomoya was getting all angsty about not being good enough for Tomoyo and dragging her down I was literally SCREAMING at him "WHY DONT YOU ****ING MAN UP THEN AND STOP BEING SUCH A FAILURE* that was how emotional i got xD
hell I was certain I had hit a bad end until the last coupla minutes
Old 2010-04-14, 11:41   Link #163
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Looks like it's been a year without anything having been said about Tomoyo. This will not do.

Consider me apart of the Tomoyo fanclub, because after having played through her route on the VN, she is now officially my favorite character in Clannad, period. While her strength and ambition would normally be grounds for me not to like her, a few things about her stood out to make her more than a cookie-cutter female archetype:

- Her weakness. One of the things I admired most about her character is how despite the fact that she's so strong, charismatic, intelligent, and determined to reach her goals, the mere notion of Tomoya breaking up with her was enough to sadden her. And the sensitivity she expresses regarding her struggle with her feminine side really moves me too.

- Her femininity. While this might be one of the more odd qualities to list for a character like Tomoyo, her resolve to distance herself from her violent lifestyle of the past and become more of a woman was actually quite admirable. She also had an inadvertently cute side about her just waking up Tomoya every day and cooking lunch for him. True girlfriend material right there.

- Her love. Let me put it like this: she's the most popular girl in school, receives the highest grades, becomes the student council president to save the sakura trees that brought her family together, and was a shoe-in for college...but she was willing to compromise all of it to live a happy life with Tomoya.

"I will go wherever you go. I want nothing more."

You could never tell she was this devoted in the anime series. As a matter of fact, when I saw the OVA, I really wasn't feeling the whole Tomoyo/Tomoya dynamic until the breakup scene, where she makes a sudden outburst in a struggle to hold onto their relationship, despite the fact that everything Tomoya said was true and that he really had been distracting her from a higher purpose.

Sadly, they chose to omit ALL of these things in the main series, which led me to believe for the longest that she was just some boring B-list character with no real significance to the plotline. I'm glad I was wrong. Oh so wrong.

I heavily anticipate the English translation of Tomoyo After. It's a shame it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to finished.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:10   Link #164
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Nope.

But Tomoyo After is rubbish.

The first half is just H, since I'm playing the original game.

Then the second half is built on coincidence. Sure, it tugs at the heartstrings, but...ugh. Bad use of literary devices there.
Old 2010-04-15, 00:51   Link #165
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I wouldn't mind a sex scene or two (that sounds pretty hot, actually), just so long as they don't let it get in the way of the story. However considering this is the Japanese we're talking about, it almost definitely will.

I'll do a little more research on Tomoyo After to see if it's any good. If not, I suppose I'll just read her arc on the VN about a billion more times and fill in the blanks myself.

Oh, and I did try to read the TA manga, but Tomoyo was so horribly out of character that I didn't get past the first chapter.

EDIT: Tried reading it again just now, made it to Ch. 2 without completely losing my sanity, but there is still way too much damn chibi. Despite the fact that I can't read a lick of Japanese, I'd actually prefer the VN to this crap.

Last edited by SJCrew; 2010-04-15 at 01:14.
Old 2010-04-15, 01:40   Link #166
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Again.

FIRST HALF.

FIRST HALF OF THE GAME.

IS H.
Old 2010-04-15, 02:03   Link #167
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

You mean something along the lines of "hey baby im home let's fuck", until an "o snap shit just got real" moment occurs somewhere in the midde?

Still wouldn't hurt to check out a few minutes of it to see if they can do that much well.

Btw, how did anyone even manage to read Tomoyo After? Call me crazy, but I doubt everyone here is fluent in Japanese.
Old 2010-04-15, 02:10   Link #168
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

First point: Almost ish.

Just expect every time you come home from work you get to love, and somewhere in the middle/end Tomo-kun will come in and interrupt you two until one day.

Some people did.

I'm semi-literate. I made my way through like, 2 days before giving up on the dictionary and just flicking through.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:29   Link #169
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I did some hardcore searching last night for a story guide (still haven't found one) and it looks like there was a 100% save floating around, giving you access to all the CGs. Excuse my ignorance, but what would CGs be referring to?
Old 2010-04-15, 18:13   Link #170
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I did some hardcore searching last night for a story guide (still haven't found one) and it looks like there was a 100% save floating around, giving you access to all the CGs. Excuse my ignorance, but what would CGs be referring to?
I believe it's referring to Cut Scenes (Or Computer Graphics to be precise.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-04-15, 18:18   Link #171
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
CG's = non-background images you see throughout the game. For 90% of a VN it's just character sprites on a background. Every once in awhile you encounter a special image of a character/characters. That's the CG.
Old 2010-04-15, 20:57   Link #172
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

WELL THAT'S WORTH GETTING EXCITED ABOUT >_>

Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait for that translation. I'll keep the Wiki bookmarked and check for progress every so often.
Old 2010-04-15, 22:20   Link #173
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Lol.

The one's I've unlocked have all been H.

:>
Old 2010-04-18, 01:28   Link #174
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I got a glimpse of Tomoyo After last night and it's really stupid...Tomoyo is a great character and all, but I'm not interested in seeing her strip down and get naked. I actually think it's a little undignified for such a respectable character. At the very least, now I know to skip all the hentai parts once the game's in English.
Old 2010-04-18, 04:09   Link #175
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Good luck with that, considering the first scene IS basically H. And about 3-5 scenes after that. :>
Old 2010-04-18, 05:29   Link #176
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I skipped the first scene by choosing second option, as well as the scene after that. I think it's safe to say the hentai is optional.
Old 2010-04-18, 06:05   Link #177
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Did you get the original version or the CS version?

Because one's 1.5x longer, and has a watered down storyline :>
Old 2010-04-18, 06:52   Link #178
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

No, it's most definitely the original, as the first option would involve her stripping an article of clothing or two, while the second skips to the next scene entirely.
Old 2010-04-18, 07:53   Link #179
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Hmm mkay.

It'll come up sometime, I reckon. *shrug*
Old 2010-08-25, 13:26   Link #180
ThreeWayLover

Another one of my favorite charaters =)
Closed Thread