AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 35.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-21, 17:56   Link #21
Battler-kun

When someone beats somebody on the street, more than likely not, everyone will just turn their eyes away and walk off.
They are all nothing but sheeple and dogs in the office.

Anyways, Kougami will now hunt down Makishima.
He doesn't give a crap about the rest of the people being opressed by the system, but just hunts Makishima, because
Spoiler:
he wouldn't accept himself anymore if he couldn't.

Lol, and turns down Shion to fuck. And if Shion gets killed because of Ko's actions, i hope more than ever that he will get killed by Makishima.

All in all, Ko will be manhandled again by Makishima. It's Akane again who will save him.

Pretty pathetic
Old 2013-02-21, 18:01   Link #22
Yume Hanabi

Akane seriously rocked this episode. It's sad that she and Kougami will be on opposite sides now though, their partnership was brilliant.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:09   Link #23
Allium
Keep on keeping on

After a couple of action-packed episodes in a row, I didn't mind at all that this one focused on the characters more. There were rather poignant moments, especially between Kougami and Akane and even Masaoka and Ginoza. I guess this is a breather before we get down to the last few remaining episodes...

The Chief is back, though we don't know which brain is controlling her at the moment. As the representative of the Sibyl System, her presence is more stifling than ever. It was nasty of her to try to get Ginoza to kill off Kougami, but fortunately Akane stepped in - her lines to the Chief were priceless! Judging from her reactions, I think she knew that something else was going on, that the Dominator wasn't broken at all.

The part where Akane reads Kougami's letter at the end had a bittersweet feel, as the next time they meet, Akane would most likely have to kill Kougami - which pretty much explains the scenes in the first and second OP sequences. I don't think the situation would conveniently end up that way though, maybe there'll be a twist or two somewhere at the end and Kougami makes it out alive.

Overall, pretty OK episode.

Other things:
- Following ep 17, the animation quality was quite bad, but at least the director admitted to it and that they would fix it for the BDs.
- Even if the tables turned in the end, at least Ginoza tried to do something to help Kougami. It's awful to be in his shoes, really.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:18   Link #24
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sybil members are about as obsessed with Makishima as Kogami is. They attempted to kill Kogami just so their precious Makishima is kept safe. Kogami understands there is something rotten about the system but he doesn't care. All he can see is Makishima. I'm starting to think a team-up is impossible. No matter how evil Sybil might be, Kogami will never accept to work with Makishima to take it down.

On the other hand, I could see Akane working with Makishima in spite of everything that happened. She's a lot more pragmatic and cool-headed than Kogami. If Makishima is needed to destroy a greater evil, she will gladly use him.
Akane may be cool-headed, but imo she is idealist rather than pragmatic.

As for Kogami, the system would have more benefit in absorbing him for his instincts rather than killing, it would have Makishima caught and wouldn't have to worry about protecting him Just shows how imperfect and violent it is again.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:28   Link #25
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

But then were noticing the leak Kogami, Gino and akane are going to look for?
Old 2013-02-21, 18:44   Link #26
Merctrin
Immi

Ah, good, I wasn't just imagining the mouths moving and no words coming out.
Old 2013-02-21, 18:46   Link #27
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

But as Kougami is leaking, then it is clear that even if he kogami kills Makishima risk of being arrested or worse killed by Gino or Akane ...
Old 2013-02-21, 19:01   Link #28
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Akane may be cool-headed, but imo she is idealist rather than pragmatic.
She is genuinely Lawful Good. As in, she cares about a moral outcome without breaking any laws. And if there is a choice between breaking morals or laws, she would do the good thing by stretching the law as much as she can, without breaking it.

This is in comparison to Lawful Stupid, of people who obey the law even if it is wrong.

I wouldn't call her an idealist. She has ideals, but she knows the world is not the way she likes it. This episode she deliberately thwarted the boss by shooting first, so she is both clever and willing to stand up to authority. While being smart enough to keep everything nice and legal.

If it comes to it, she would be my candidate for the one who ended up destroying Sybil, but she would come up with an elaborate excuse for doing it legally.

(Oh MY, the Sybil computer had been hijacked by these human brains that shouldn't be here! Now it's my legal duty to get rid of them!)
Old 2013-02-21, 19:05   Link #29
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

(Oh MY, the Sybil computer had been hijacked by these human brains that shouldn't be here! Now it's my legal duty to get rid of them!)
with Akane would not be surprising
Old 2013-02-21, 19:55   Link #30
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I wouldn't call her an idealist. She has ideals, but she knows the world is not the way she likes it. This episode she deliberately thwarted the boss by shooting first, so she is both clever and willing to stand up to authority. While being smart enough to keep everything nice and legal.

If it comes to it, she would be my candidate for the one who ended up destroying Sybil, but she would come up with an elaborate excuse for doing it legally
Well, she knows the world is not the way it should be, but her ideals don't waver because of that. Like, she won't kill Makishima not just because it is against the law, but because it is wrong according to her personal ideals (including but not limited to following laws). She is a moral hero. I agree with your LG characterization btw, but Ginoza is also kind of LG, only his G is not so big Actually, I would like to see more of Ginoza in the next episode (not gonna happen, I know), after all he spent a lot of effort maintaining his hue, and now he got a close up demonstration of how he can be disposed of regardless of that.
Old 2013-02-21, 20:06   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Pretty lowkey episode, but it did have some good scenes. It certainly was a good episode for Akane.

The artwork/animation seemed a bit off in places, but I honestly didn't find it overly distracting.

I'm glad that Gino at least sweated a bit when basically ordered to shoot (and kill) Ko. I'm glad he hesitated long enough for Akane to basically save Ko's life.

Gino probably should follow his dad's advice, although it wouldn't be in Gino's nature to do so.

We can say what we will about Makishima, but there's no question he's an entertaining and interesting character. I really missed him here in this episode.

Ko as a fugitive hunting down fellow fugitive Makishima certainly has a lot of potential. A three-way showdown between Akane, Ko, and Makishima could be a lot of fun.

At least Ko left a farewell letter for Akane. He clearly respects and cares about her. There's a certain sweet melancholy to their parting.
Old 2013-02-21, 20:54   Link #32
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...man, though this episode has allot of QUALITY in it, I still had fun.

Gino: Uhhhh, how the fuck did Makishima escape?

Director: uuuuuhhh, he must have, like, had inside help! It's not that we're fucking idiots! No way! We're gods! errrr, I mean...we're entirely competent and reasonable authority figures! No wannabee omnipotents with delusions of grandeur! NOW SHUT UP! WE TOTALLY DIDN'T LET HIM ESCAPE CAUSE WE'RE IDIOTS!

And now they're not even pretending that they're gonna dispose of Makishima. He goes kills one of their own and makes a crazy ass escape, and their response? They're even MORE interested. in bringing him in. To the point that everyone involved can easily figure out that they're effectively being ordered to keep Makishima alive no matter what.

Really. How can anybody look at the Sybil system at this point and try to rationalize them being competent?

And Kougami has gone rouge. And we've found our explanation for how Kougami got that revolver. Seems that pops kept his old service revolver unassembled in a safe house. Things should be getting interesting now. I think it's pretty obvious by this point Kougami is NOT going to be accepting a team up with Makishima at this point.

(game episode 8/10. I liked it, but animation quality did go down a bit, and the director ignoring Kougami after he got tazed was a bit convenient. Still looking forward to next episodes!)
Old 2013-02-21, 21:40   Link #33
HandofFate

Wow, animation a bit sniff at times, but I really loved this episode. The character interactions was really surreal and solemn.

Gino's powerlessness came off strong this episode. Chief doesn't even hide the fact she was able to manipulate the dominator.

Akane kicked ass, clever girl.

I liked Shion's pretending to not notice what's going on. She pulls it off so well. Shion's line of sleeping with him sounds like a death flag, since it implys she won't have a chance to sleep with him again. Good thing that female enforcer didn't hear, she might have gotten jealous.

Kogami & Pops conversation was really nice too. Loved the subtle way Kogami looked at the dominator just lying on the table, and the old man handing off the keys.
Old 2013-02-21, 22:33   Link #34
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

I liked Shion's pretending to not notice what's going on. She pulls it off so well. Shion's line of sleeping with him sounds like a death flag, since it implys she won't have a chance to sleep with him again. Good thing that female enforcer didn't hear, she might have gotten jealous.
hahaha you is right, but I did not understand the response of Kougami

"who know... although I don't think we're each other's type"

^^"
Old 2013-02-21, 22:35   Link #35
Kirarakim

Akane was quite awesome...AGAIN. I just love that woman.

As for the Akane/Kougami stuff I sympathize with both of them. I was glad that Kougami told Akane to stick with what she believed in but I do think he was wrong to go off without telling her. I think Kougami should have trusted in Akane more.

Although I am glad Kougami while seeing the system is wrong also doesn't suddenly see Makishima as a "hero" who was just trying to bring it down.

I don't want Akane to have to shoot Kougami but I think if anyone is going to find the answer, honestly I think it is her.

Also while Gino sometimes follows rules too closely, he is a good guy. I want to believe he wouldn't have shot Kou even without Akane's intervention...I am still worried he is going to crack, but well it's a testament that he lasted this long.

The only one that annoyed me is that chief/sybil system avatar. How many of those do they have? I though Makishima destroyed her last time? Now I have this fear that they have this closet full of chiefs.
Old 2013-02-21, 22:42   Link #36
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
And now they're not even pretending that they're gonna dispose of Makishima. He goes kills one of their own and makes a crazy ass escape, and their response? They're even MORE interested. in bringing him in. To the point that everyone involved can easily figure out that they're effectively being ordered to keep Makishima alive no matter what.

Really. How can anybody look at the Sybil system at this point and try to rationalize them being competent?
You have someone who denied the system, or rather "overthrew" it. Why wouldn't you be more interested? At this point we don't know what means they'll take to capture Makishima. Hell, he could be returned alive and then his brain ripped out of his head and implanted into the system for all we know.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2013-02-21, 22:45   Link #37
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The only one that annoyed me is that chief/sybil system avatar. How many of those do they have? I though Makishima destroyed her last time? Now I have this fear that they have this closet full of chiefs.
I think it is obvious that they have as much "body" as there are the brain ....
Old 2013-02-21, 22:48   Link #38
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I think it is obvious that they have as much "body" as there are the brain ....
Yes I know the sybil system and thus brains were not destroyed, and that they have other places to store it, I was specifically talking about the chief body.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-21 at 23:24.
Old 2013-02-21, 23:02   Link #39
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Shion's line of sleeping with him sounds like a death flag, since it implys she won't have a chance to sleep with him again.
They said they're not each other's type anyway. Besides, I thought she said that as a sort of compliment. Something like "I don't really like you but I might have slept with you just because you're a pretty awesome dude".
Old 2013-02-21, 23:24   Link #40
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They said they're not each other's type anyway. Besides, I thought she said that as a sort of compliment. Something like "I don't really like you but I might have slept with you just because you're a pretty awesome dude".
ah ok, and kogami sentence? it was mostly him that I did not understand the meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes I know the sybil system and thus brains were not destroyed, and that they have other places to store it, I was specifically talking about the chief body.
well there is just more "body" is not it? in a other place