AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 02:53   Link #661
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
You are completely missing the point of the show. The business manual obviously teach us to be kind towards customers He is in the service industry, of course the guidelines are going to include stuff about being attentive & well receiving, at least on the outside, most business promote a faultless, honest disposition.

So, basically as his bible is the rules of his workplace; he was taught to care. He is not helping anyone based on economy, numbers or profits, but merely is an extension on what he has to practice every day; he is basically taking his work ethic outside the job. He is planing to use work ethic to climb the ladder as a worker & conquer Japan after all

I think we can forget the whole thing about Maou working. It isn't relevant anymore. The show has moved on to more serious stuff 2 episodes ago.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 04:25   Link #662
jdennis007

Am I the only one who thinks the "hero" looks more like the demon lord than the actual demon lord?
Old 2013-04-23, 04:28   Link #663
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I think we can forget the whole thing about Maou working. It isn't relevant anymore. The show has moved on to more serious stuff 2 episodes ago.
We'll likely return to it eventually. Remember, Maou is technically in a probationary period between part-timer and full-time employee (the translation was off a bit in some cases). It's a time of added scrutiny, which OBVIOUSLY means that the Ente Isla stuff will get in the way.
Old 2013-04-23, 04:32   Link #664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Lol thats what you think
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:29   Link #665
backbone
Banned

Maou being a good guy in many anime maybe some kind of way to satirize western fantasy archtetype where everything is either black or white, where evil is just evil and good is just good.

But at least it's amusing to see people take things too seriously in this thread
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 05:33   Link #666
Ridwan

I kinda hope Maou could be more sinister then he looks so far.
Old 2013-04-23, 09:36   Link #667
Clarste
Human

The evil overlord is basically a Dead Horse Trope. It's so cliche that no respectable writer would ever use it seriously anymore. Which is why it's no surprise we've seen so many subversions recently while never actually seeing the real thing.

It has its origins in the classic stories like Lord of the Rings and Dragon Quest. Despite the name it doesn't have much to do with Satan or any religious meaning. Just a generic fantasy villain.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:40   Link #668
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 13:02   Link #669
Folenfant
Banned

Little something I found
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 16:58   Link #670
U<3Anime
Boo!

I know she's an anime character and all, but I can't help but think Emilia is asking to get get some major wrinkles in the future if she doesn't stop making those intense expressions.
Old 2013-04-23, 20:41   Link #671
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I know she's an anime character and all, but I can't help but think Emilia is asking to get get some major wrinkles in the future if she doesn't stop making those intense expressions.
Wait for this week's episode.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 10:11   Link #672
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:11   Link #673
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Have you finished those errands?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:06   Link #674
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Little something I found

Well, to cut her some slack, she seems to only shows these expressions when around the Maou... seeing how she is pretty normal to her co-worker and she even was pretty nice towards Chiho as soon the Maou wasn't really around anymore. Heck even when he was around, she didn't really fought with chiho, but only badmouthed him.
Old 2013-04-24, 16:51   Link #675
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

Well, to cut her some slack, she seems to only shows these expressions when around the Maou... seeing how she is pretty normal to her co-worker and she even was pretty nice towards Chiho as soon the Maou wasn't really around anymore. Heck even when he was around, she didn't really fought with chiho, but only badmouthed him.
But look at how Mao treats Emi in comparison. Emi destroyed his empire, killed his generals, and forced him to escape to dimension which cost him his powers and he has to live a life of a service worker in order to climb back up again. Yet he really doesn't hold any hostility or ill will towards her.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:11   Link #676
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Little something I found
Makes sense, everyone knows the friendly person is probably a sociopath . You can trust someone already openly pissed off .
Old 2013-04-25, 08:19   Link #677
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
But look at how Mao treats Emi in comparison. Emi destroyed his empire, killed his generals, and forced him to escape to dimension which cost him his powers and he has to live a life of a service worker in order to climb back up again. Yet he really doesn't hold any hostility or ill will towards her.
No... he clearly holds some ill will towards her. He just doesn't take it personally, unlike Emi.

While everyone is quick to catch on to the fact that lack information on Maou's background and personal motivations, people are forgetting that we know just as little about Emi.

For all we know, Emi could have taken the role of Hero for a very personal reason.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 09:50   Link #678
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I dunno, we should get info on Emi's life soon. Maou's background though... is apparently really a LN thing, as the manga hasn't really gotten as far yet.
Old 2013-04-25, 09:53   Link #679
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No... he clearly holds some ill will towards her. He just doesn't take it personally, unlike Emi.

While everyone is quick to catch on to the fact that lack information on Maou's background and personal motivations, people are forgetting that we know just as little about Emi.

For all we know, Emi could have taken the role of Hero for a very personal reason.
Major twist: she really is his ex. All this time we thought it was the usual quid pro quo...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:02   Link #680
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Flustered Hero
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Maou Stalkers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work