AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 31.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-28, 14:14   Link #61
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Alright I just finished the episode, ignoring not-death by scimitar:

-And L-Elf's down
-More Kirschbaums are coming! Yeah!
-ARUS and 84 other countries (wow) side with JIOR
-Dorssia is having bunches of riots since Liseolette died and VVVs got popular
-X-Eins might actually be plot relevant soon
-100 Phantom ships? Wow. You also have to like how the last two episodes centered around stopping it only for that to end in "we rammed into the booster!" before the opening showed. Just.... Ugh, such a waste of potential.
-Marie had a brief funeral. So much for her coming back as runes.
-ARUS's president really asked Shoko like she was supposed to know anything about this? Really now?
Old 2013-11-28, 14:17   Link #62
Key Board
Carbon

ARUS pres is saving face, obviously

or trying get a leverage so he can bully her
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-28, 14:18   Link #63
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Cain's... a bit of a moron, isn't he?
If he WASN'T a total douche, he would have won, eventually. But now, not only does he have L11 on his ass, but the one immortal who can, and will fuck his plans up. WHY? What was the point of him being a dick? He gains NOTHING, and just gives resolve to his enemy. People are most dangerous when they are fighting for someone else, Cain should know this by now.

On the other hand... did everyone forget to ask about Saki when they got back? HELLO!!! A VALVARAVE IS MISSING!!! You'd think that would be priority zero.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:18   Link #64
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Btw, poor Marie. So much for her friendship with Shoko, the girl didn't so much as bat an eyeleash at the news Ouch.
Yeah that was a bit disturbing.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:19   Link #65
~BC~

I got a laugh out of Satomi trying to take credit for the planning.

I expected them to gloss over Marie's death so I'm surprised they even showed the memorial at all. I suppose Shoko's lack of reaction can be put down to "she's hiding her pain" again. This show just doesn't like dealing with difficult subjects properly.

L-Elf withdrawing into himself trying to simulate a scenario where Lieselotte lives seems completely in character and still quite sad to behold. And his realization at the end reminds me of Shoko's at the end of episode 11.

As to the pacing, it really feels like this is meant to be the halfway mark of a much longer series. I'm hard pressed to see how this new reveal can be resolved in just four episodes; at least in a satisfactory manner.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:22   Link #66
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I thought I was going to hate this episode and deem it as a filler considering Code Geass' fillers ("hey Kallen was kidnapped but we can still play games") but I liked how Haruto and L-Elf still had their heads in the conflict. Also, what's with the Don Quixote reference in a far future setting? I know it's Spain's most popular novel but still...
Old 2013-11-28, 14:23   Link #67
Thess

After re-watching the episode, some unsubtle hints for future developments:

- Haruto's unfit as 'hero' for Dorssia, Haruto admitting doing things without L-Elf is a fluke, Haruto now losing all credibility of the publicity because he's not human. What kind of hero could step out the shadows for people to root for? Jior children lost their credibility.
- A-drei looks at Saki in that cell with...regret.
- H-neun nakama earrings... A-drei claimed L-Elf's as his before Q-vier did.
- X-eins having doubts about what happened to H-neun and discovering perhaps his recording.
- L-Elf doesn't want revenge, just as I thought. His actions were not motivated by hatred. Haruto bringing that up never did anything.
- Cain insinuating about the Lieselotte the martyr in from of Kriemhild. He knows she's a royalist, doesn't he?

This might all tie up together. Shoko and Haruto will have a lot to handle next episode.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-28, 14:23   Link #68
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

We got some not so subtle foreshadowing from the interviewer

"I've interviewed people that have led successful revolutions before. The one thing they all had in common is that they were all naive."

Side-note: I liked the moments when Haruto, Kyuuma and Raizo were interacting with each other. It made them feel like more of a team. Granted, Raizo didn't interact much that scene.

Satomi's got a bit of smartass to him now. I liked the moment in the beginning when he said "I seem to recall someone saying that would work!"
Old 2013-11-28, 14:24   Link #69
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post

As to the pacing, it really feels like this is meant to be the halfway mark of a much longer series. I'm hard pressed to see how this new reveal can be resolved in just four episodes; at least in a satisfactory manner.
Has it been confirmed that season 2 is the final? I would have liked to have a season focused on the future with the immortals.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:27   Link #70
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Has it been confirmed that season 2 is the final? I would have liked to have a season focused on the future with the immortals.
We haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I'm expecting them to announce a third season by episode 23 (or episode 11 of this season, however people wanna call it.)
Old 2013-11-28, 14:27   Link #71
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I got a laugh out of Satomi trying to take credit for the planning.

I expected them to gloss over Marie's death so I'm surprised they even showed the memorial at all. I suppose Shoko's lack of reaction can be put down to "she's hiding her pain" again. This show just doesn't like dealing with difficult subjects properly.

L-Elf withdrawing into himself trying to simulate a scenario where Lieselotte lives seems completely in character and still quite sad to behold. And his realization at the end reminds me of Shoko's at the end of episode 11.

I laughed to, but then had to wonder how many people besides the students even know E-Elf a former Dorssian soldier is even working with them. It's possible they may be trying to keep that mostly under wraps. Of course that could have all just been his doing in which case, you wish Satomi.

Yeah the Saki scene didn't surprise me so much in an "OMG Saki is suffereing" case and more of a "OMG I can't believe the Magius actually did it!" As it was mentioned this could potentially do just as much harm to them. But they apparently assume it's worth it in the long run. With everyone focused on the students they may not be looking else where and the Magius can continue with the back door dealings.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:28   Link #72
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
That's just an epilogue.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-28, 14:39   Link #73
Flolan

What a dirty blow from the Magius... they themselves are fucking alien parasites and they dare call Haruto and co. monsters.
This is gonna be really bad, no one will trust them now, not even the other school kids and their allies. If only they had told everyone from the beginning about being a valvrave pilot and what it means, about the curse.

What do you think people will think when they hear among them are these immortal beings who suck other peoples blood? Yeah, not good.. *facepalms* This is gonna be a nightmare..
Old 2013-11-28, 14:46   Link #74
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

The dorssians didn't bring up anything vampire related (yet).
Old 2013-11-28, 14:49   Link #75
II Maestro

Knowing that they kept being immortal secret among other student it will cause the pilot losing trust among students and other nations who have agreed supporting them and module 77 will be questioned about what Valvrave is.

Magius is really sly to think they would use Saki like that. They themselves aren't human to begin with who just keep jacking other existence to survive.
Old 2013-11-28, 14:56   Link #76
Thess

Spoiler for Did someone mention this from the preview?:

Old 2013-11-28, 14:58   Link #77
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Spoiler for Did someone mention this from the preview?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Saki's getting a Z-Gundam style hostage exchange next

Spoiler:

It seems Carmilla is not coming home with her, though

I did, but the meaning seems to have been lost on people. Seriously guys, watch Zeta Gundam, when you have time.

edit, or just look at this

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-28, 15:05   Link #78
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
After re-watching the episode, some unsubtle hints for future developments:

- Haruto's unfit as 'hero' for Dorssia, Haruto admitting doing things without L-Elf is a fluke, Haruto now losing all credibility of the publicity because he's not human. What kind of hero could step out the shadows for people to root for? Jior children lost their credibility.
Yup, the whole point of exposing the Kamitsuki was to break the trust the world has placed in them. Mission accomplished. Without a doubt, they have probably lost half their supporters or even more. They've also planted seeds of doubt among N Jior itself. Majority of the students will turn against the pilots and whoever side with them.

Quote:
- A-drei looks at Saki in that cell with...regret.
I also interpreted it as a face of regret. He had that "I should've done something else" look on his face as he watched her. His compassionate side is showing a lot lately & he still hasn't given up on L-Elf (earring scene). I find myself liking A-Drei a little more with every episode.

Quote:
- H-neun nakama earrings... A-drei claimed L-Elf's as his before Q-vier did.
I thought it was a nice touch. Really shows that the teammates do care about each other in their own way. Also, Q-Vier really seems to hate traitors. (though it may just be his way of dealing with the sadness)

Quote:
- X-eins having doubts about what happened to H-neun and discovering perhaps his recording.
Yup, X is finally becoming relevant to the series. He's no longer just Cain's fanboy.

Quote:
- L-Elf doesn't want revenge, just as I thought. His actions were not motivated by hatred. Haruto bringing that up never did anything.
He's lost his entire motivation. I knew it'd be bad, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. At least he isn't suicidal (yet). I thought he'd be angsty or on-edge. But he's secluded himself and has begun using rocket science to figure out what went wrong. (His intellect has been emphasized this episode. He's a super genius!)

Seriously, now I'm almost certain that Shoko will play a part in getting him back on his feet. His situation & reaction to it is somewhat similar to Shoko's back in season 1. I smell a shipping hint coming.

Quote:
- Cain insinuating about the Lieselotte the martyr in from of Kriemhild. He knows she's a royalist, doesn't he?
Is there anything that Cain doesn't know? He's probably been unto her for quite a long time. That conversation he had with her was a big hint.

Quote:
This might all tie up together. Shoko and Haruto will have a lot to handle next episode.
I'm pretty sure after seeing Saki treated like that, he's probably been reminded that he isn't human anymore & those words he told Lise have now become another part of his sweet naivete. He'll go back to the "I'm a monster, I'm not allowed to have feelings" attitude he had in season 1.

ps. Anyone else found it weird that all the Jior scientists went missing at a convenient time?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-28, 15:08   Link #79
iCK

Saki might be a rat(magius) now........Considering they are giving her back to Jior...
Old 2013-11-28, 15:10   Link #80
LightDragonman

Quote:
I did, but the meaning seems to have been lost on people. Seriously guys, watch Zeta Gundam, when you have time.
What's the significance?
Closed Thread