AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-10-17, 08:48   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I approached this movie with mindset that I'm not gonna watch an anime movie, I'm watching Ado's concert
and it delivers.. It was good!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-06, 20:43   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got to see this in theaters. And oh boy, that was great. That was a really good movie right there. That might legitimately crack my top 10 anime experiences of the year when I end up going back to think on it. Loved the theater experience with this one.

I appreciate that the story knew it needed to focus heavily on Uta herself. She's the star of this thing. Spending as much time developing her, establishing her personality, and delving into her past makes sense. They basically have a handful of "episodes" to get that job done. And the result is that she's fantastic. The Straw Hats mostly are static in this movie and that's fine. They have hundreds of episodes to establish who they are around this time, so I'm good with that.

Spoiler for Movie Thoughts:

Holy smokes the music really did deliver. Look, I'm a fan of Symphogear. You can fill a whole movie with music and I'm going to be good with that. Uta fighting people while singing some songs? Yeah, that's right up my alley.

I really had a good time here. 9/10
Old 2022-11-07, 09:55   Link #23
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So, I need a clarification on something, because I'm hearing Internet rumor about about, saying Oda confirmed it, but I haven't seen anything of it myself beyond hearsay.

Spoiler for What is and isn't canon:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-07, 13:57   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So, I need a clarification on something, because I'm hearing Internet rumor about about, saying Oda confirmed it, but I haven't seen anything of it myself beyond hearsay.

Spoiler:
Old 2022-11-07, 19:29   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

I don't remember Oda saying that, but even if he did, I'll just remind you he did far worse with Sabo who was never even remotely hinted at until near the end of Marinford and was given the laziest plot device to explain why he never contacted Ace or Luffy.

This is completely harmless.
Old 2022-11-07, 20:45   Link #26
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I think that's part of my issue with it: how Sabo became a part of the story. Oda just BARELY handwaved him into the story. I can forgive that being done once.

But if this is true, Oda's now done it TWICE. This is my real issue with it: it's Harem Romcom-level bullshit, where a childhood friend is introduced to the plot after a few years of publication real-time (obviously for very different reasons).

And on top of that, we'd already seen quite a lot of Luffy's childhood, between the original Romance Dawn chapters and then hanging with Ace and Sabo. To say there was another character back then feels like "Oh yeah, so Luffy actually had another friend that I've never mentioned in over a thousand chapters of publication, and Luffy knew her before he ever met Ace or Sabo"... that's some terrible writing.

Of course, in the end it really doesn't matter.

Spoiler for Big spoiler, just in case:

Really, for me it's just a consistency issue- Oda is (usually) VERY consistent, so when you have things like this, they stand out very glaringly.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 13:58   Link #27
TURI123456

Spoiler for Spoilers to the Movie One Piece Film RED:
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 17:26   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I realized the BD came out weeks ago so I sat down and watch it and... it was alright. It was basically one giant advertisement for Ado's music and not much else. She is a really great singer though, so that saved the movie. And most people are going to sleep on her performance because of that but I thought Kaori Nazuka was fantastic in this.

As a movie named after Shanks, it completely failed to live up to the hype though, but I already expected that when it was announced. They actually did more than I thought by showing his crew fight a bit.
Old 2023-03-27, 19:06   Link #29
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I realized the BD came out weeks ago so I sat down and watch it and... it was alright. It was basically one giant advertisement for Ado's music and not much else. She is a really great singer though, so that saved the movie. And most people are going to sleep on her performance because of that but I thought Kaori Nazuka was fantastic in this.

As a movie named after Shanks, it completely failed to live up to the hype though, but I already expected that when it was announced. They actually did more than I thought by showing his crew fight a bit.
The "Blu Ray" is out already?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
Old 2023-03-28, 07:48   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
The "Blu Ray" is out already?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
Yes. BD means Blu-ray Disc.
Old 2023-04-03, 06:32   Link #31
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes. BD means Blu-ray Disc.
I thought that the Blu-Ray will release around June 2023. or I did understand things wrong?