AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 18:15   Link #41
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
^
thats rigth i won't forgive madhouse if they cut all mayumi best moments.

good point to the anime, they won't have the author stopping all the moment to tell us how badass is tats and how beutifull is miyuki.
This. Especially the Miyuki is beautiful moments.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:17   Link #42
BW95
Banned

Hmm. Is it just me or does Ichijou look almost American?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:20   Link #43
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Hmm. Is it just me or does Ichijou look almost American?
That's ridiculous.

Everyone knows Suzaku is a full-blooded Japanese.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:22   Link #44
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
That's ridiculous.

Everyone knows Suzaku is a full-blooded Japanese.
I know that, but he just looks American in the OP at the end. Pale skin like a Caucasian, green eyes, and brown hair.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:22   Link #45
Galacticichi

You know they're not going to completely alter her character to something it's not. Tatsuya's and Mayumi's first meeting was changed but I'm not worried about Mayumi at all since it's her nature to be mischievous and playful. The coming episodes will deliver~
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:29   Link #46
Rasen

Quote:
I know that, but he just looks American in the OP at the end. Pale skin like a Caucasian, green eyes, and brown hair.
Not to sound (too) snarky, but very few characters in anime/manga actually look Japanese. Eyes too big, hair of varying colors, and pale skinned.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:32   Link #47
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Not to sound (too) snarky, but very few characters in anime/manga actually look Japanese. Eyes too big, hair of varying colors, and pale skinned.
Yeah. I know what real Japanese people look like. It's an awful truth. The difference between 2D and 3D. Uncanny valley my ass.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:39   Link #48
anonfr

Quote:
Yeah, but in the LN she got all excited when she found out Tatsuya's name because she recognized him as the guy who got the top score in theory.
That's at least half true.
I remember her being more talkative, maybe excited, but her true personality doesn't really start to show until later

Quote:
Yeah. I know what real Japanese people look like. It's an awful truth. The difference between 2D and 3D. Uncanny valley my ass.
LOL. This made me laugh. But yeah, truth hurts. Real life has many more unattractive people. Tatsuya is supposed to be real average looking. Translated in real life and he looks a lot cooler than you're average looking Japanese Youth you see in a drama. With his sharp features and sharp gaze.

OKAY. So at the end which is probably what the opening looks like, we see Tatsuya and Miyuki hold hands and then get closer to each other. Did anyone else wonder "Are they supposed to be kissing? Is this Madhouse's ship?!" It might be a reference to the seal though. Maybe. At least, that's what they'll say if asked.

Then we see Katsuo cast a spell that tosses a car in the air. That's Phalanx right? It's a bit different from what I imagined.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-04-05 at 18:53.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:01   Link #49
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
That's at least half true.
I remember her being more talkative, maybe excited, but her true personality doesn't really start to show until later

LOL. This made me laugh. But yeah, truth hurts. Real life has many more unattractive people. Tatsuya is supposed to be real average looking. Translated in real life and he looks a lot cooler than you're average looking Japanese Youth you see in a drama. With his sharp features and sharp gaze.

OKAY. So at the end which is probably what the opening looks like, we see Tatsuya and Miyuki hold hands and then get closer to each other. Did anyone else wonder "Are they supposed to be kissing? Is this Madhouse's ship?!" It might be a reference to the seal though. Maybe. At least, that's what they'll say if asked.

Then we see Katsuo cast a spell that tosses a car in the air. That's Phalanx right? It's a bit different from what I imagined.
It's probably the seal and that's probably Phalanx. If MADHOUSE was gonna mix in Rettousei and Yuutousei, maybe it would've been a better idea to change the lunch scene to the one where d-bag Morisaki demanded them to vacate their seats.
Old 2014-04-05, 19:12   Link #50
Galacticichi

Quote:

SERIOUSLY! If it was the seal then Tatsuya wouldn't have been on his toes. Actually, if they were kissing he wouldn't have rose either so I don't even know. Madhouse what are you trying to say!?!?
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:18   Link #51
pampz21
ShipCore

Did anyone notice the ending the op?
Hint:
Erika and Leo

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:31   Link #52
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
SERIOUSLY! If it was the seal then Tatsuya wouldn't have been on his toes. Actually, if they were kissing he wouldn't have rose either so I don't even know. Madhouse what are you trying to say!?!?
We only saw their upper body. Their rising is debatable.
Old 2014-04-05, 19:39   Link #53
omegasereon

Nearly half of the first volume in one episode. I have to say as expected of Madhouse. The action scenes were sick.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:43   Link #54
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
Right!? Well I can't tell if Tatsuya was on his toes or not. I watched several times. But Miyuki definitely was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Did anyone notice the ending the op?
Hint:
Erika and Leo
You mean their cool action scenes? Those were cool.

Quote:
We only saw their upper body. Their rising is debatable.
It's obviously debatable. Hence debating it. But seriously, I can't help but think they're trying to imply something, how bout you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Nearly half of the first volume in one episode. I have to say as expected of Madhouse. The action scenes were sick.
Right!?

But seriously even though they covered so much, it didn't give me a huge feeling of "They skipped so much". So I felt it was good.
Old 2014-04-05, 19:57   Link #55
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Right!? Well I can't tell if Tatsuya was on his toes or not. I watched several times. But Miyuki definitely was!

It's obviously debatable. Hence debating it. But seriously, I can't help but think they're trying to imply something, how bout you?

Right!?

But seriously even though they covered so much, it didn't give me a huge feeling of "They skipped so much". So I felt it was good.
It might have just been the camera moving, but I think it's safe to say they were kissing to release the seal.

Yeah. I didn't feel they skipped anything and to be honest they didn't except the conversation inside the cabinet regarding Tatsuya's dad, but they had it at home so no real harm done.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-05 at 20:27.
Old 2014-04-05, 19:58   Link #56
Rava

Quote:
Animation-wise, this is what I expected of Madhouse. Think I'll just delete Mahou Sensou from my memory.

That being said, I'm not sure how I felt about them seeming to indicate Tatsuya running using personal acceleration magic. Wasn't he supposed to be able to run that fast through purely physical skills?
[...]
That's there in the LN. It's part of his morning (magical) training, being able to repeatedly invoke at his running pace.

Spoiler for Volume 1, Chapter 2:

Edit: Good grief, I must have been on a cached version of the page if my reply is allllll the way out here...
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:01   Link #57
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Yea and Im afraid next episode would be Tatsuya vs Hattori.

Quote:

It's obviously debatable. Hence debating it. But seriously, I can't help but think they're trying to imply something, how about you?
Aside from that; it was only a fraction but Leo and Erika exchange hand gestures.

Well supposedly Tatsuya would be bending down due to height difference; so Miyuki tip top toed him!

I can say Miki was one of my top favs but seeing the op make me want to slap him with my "you are so badass" seal.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:09   Link #58
IceHism

Honestly, i thought the first episode was really good. It went exactly how i envisioned the novel would be for the parts it covered. Along with beautiful animation, good art style, and excellent VAs, Its off to a very good start. I hope Madhouse doesn't start getting lazy midway.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:13   Link #59
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Yea and Im afraid next episode would be Tatsuya vs Hattori.

Aside from that; it was only a fraction but Leo and Erika exchange hand gestures.

Well supposedly Tatsuya would be bending down due to height difference; so Miyuki tip top toed him!

I can say Miki was one of my top favs but seeing the op make me want to slap him with my "you are so badass" seal.
I'm welcome to the next episode being Tats Vs Hattori, though it would probably happen at the very end of the episode.

I agree about Miki being badass but man you must have some sharp eyes for those hand gestures. I missed it in the 100 times I watched the opening.

Quote:
It might have just been the camera moving , but I think it's safe to say they were kissing to release the seal.

Yeah. I didn't feel they skipped anything and to be honest thney didn't except the conversation inside the cabinet regarding Tatsuya's dad, but they had it at home so no real harm done.
It's still debatable no matter what. Ambiguous madhouse shipping I say.

But yeah, I agree. It covered everything I wanted out of it. Even the changed scene still got the important part. It got the conversation and showed Miyuki accidentally freezing stuff. I'm fine with it.
Old 2014-04-05, 20:16   Link #60
TaintedDream
Translator

The pace was a lot better than I expected. After Mahou Sensou, I was worried they were gonna do something ridiculous, like finish the Hattori fight in the first episode.

And like someone earlier said, the martial arts scenes are good, but nothing jaw-dropping. But man, the magic scenes in 1080p...... Debating on watching it in 1920x1080, that file size though.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote