AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 50.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-02-25, 10:52   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD [LN/M], Slashdog 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Slashdog 2) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 11:45   Link #2
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

The quotes for this hopefully won't be forgotten.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 11:45   Link #3
Crimson406

Ariel is doing it.
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 11:47   Link #4
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Alright I am glad
Old 2018-02-25, 13:43   Link #5
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Reserved for quote updates

Here are the previews. I'm not so sure about the first lines by Lavinia, but the context is there.

Spoiler for Preview Quote:

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2018-02-25 at 17:34. Reason: Previews
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 17:30   Link #6
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Well, that was... something else.

Grigori, the Five Families, and the Magicians are in full force here...

Baraqiel training Tobio's group can be interpreted as him "atoning" for Shuri.

I wonder what the "Three Sacred Treasures" are that Azazel is talking about here.

Also, Vali's a bit older here, so we will see how he had grown (as well as his relationship with Lavinia) from the first volume.

And "Team Abyss" led by Satanael... Oh boy.
Old 2018-02-25, 17:46   Link #7
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

So at age 13, the Boosted Gear awakened in Issei. Wonder what triggered it and I wonder if Issei actually used it to protect himself but has no recollection of it. That would be interesting.
Old 2018-02-25, 18:00   Link #8
Lucidrago

The 'Three Sacred Treasures' refers to the three Longinus that are holy relics: True Longinus, Sephiroth Graal, and Incinerate Anthem.

And is Seiryu Kushihashi a boy or a girl?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 20:49   Link #9
Raptor178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
So at age 13, the Boosted Gear awakened in Issei. Wonder what triggered it and I wonder if Issei actually used it to protect himself but has no recollection of it. That would be interesting.
Has there been anything in DxD to reference the Boosted Gear's awakening? The first story arc (Volumes 1 and 2) are called "The Red Dragon Emperor's Awakening" (by the wiki, at least). I never read those volumes, so there could be something there.
The only tidbits we have about Ise's childhood are from his parents and Irina, mostly.
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 21:16   Link #10
Lucidrago

Maybe it awakened but Issei was too weak and pathetic to know it or even use the power. Still Issei's dragon aura was present which allowed the Grigori to locate him as they try to keep tabs on the Sacred Gear possessors, especially if they have a Longinus.
Old 2018-02-26, 06:37   Link #11
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Raptor: What, you haven't read Volumes 1 and 2 of DxD? Why? And if there's something you're curious about, you should read them I think (just a suggestion).

@Lucidrago: Yeah, I agree. It's Ise before he even became a Devil and started training, so he's very weak.

But if the preview mentions that the Red Dragon Emperor had awakened, then I guess it's possible that Ise awakened the Boosted Gear without realizing it.

Anyway, yeah, I also want to see how the relationship between Lavinia and Vali is here. Siblings, or more than that?

It seems like Suzaku is already fine with Tobio. But the other big families' next heads are antagonistic towards him it seems. And we also got the name of the person who seems to be the possessor of Incinerate Anthem at the time, Augusta of the Purple Flame, Wizard of Oz.
Old 2018-02-26, 06:40   Link #12
Lucidrago

We've been known about Augusta. It's just now that we're learning she's the Wizard of Oz.
Old 2018-02-26, 07:45   Link #13
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I think Boosted Gear awakening in Issei is going to be something like "this kid has a sacred gear we don't know what it is but it could potentially become a threat to us so keep an eye on him if his sacred gear goes out of control kill him if necessary" with a possible cameo of Raynare similar to Kokabiel's cameo in Volume 1 of Slash/Dog.
Old 2018-02-26, 08:09   Link #14
shadowarc

Wait, is it referring to Ise awakening 4 years before Slash Dog or 4 years before the Main story? If it's the first one then that means it was when Vali was 8 so Ise would be a year or so younger. Maybe it was around the time Irina was still around and he protected her before both passed out?

Last edited by shadowarc; 2018-02-26 at 08:31.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 10:45   Link #15
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

It means 4 years before the main story.
Old 2018-02-26, 11:38   Link #16
Raptor178

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Raptor: What, you haven't read Volumes 1 and 2 of DxD? Why? And if there's something you're curious about, you should read them I think (just a suggestion).
I have just seen seasons 1 and 2 so many times, I felt it wasn't necessary to go back and reread Volumes 1-4, although I have read backtracked that for 4.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:19   Link #17
Lucidrago

It's very important. The anime always leaves out plenty of important details in the light novels. And they changed a few things. Not any major things that affect the plot like Season 3 did. Like Lord Gremory and Lord Phenex were the ones who were discussing the appearance of the Hakuryuukou at the end of Volume 2. But in the anime they changed it to Sirzechs and Grayfia.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:36   Link #18
Raptor178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
It's very important. The anime always leaves out plenty of important details in the light novels. And they changed a few things. Not any major things that affect the plot like Season 3 did. Like Lord Gremory and Lord Phenex were the ones who were discussing the appearance of the Hakuryuukou at the end of Volume 2. But in the anime they changed it to Sirzechs and Grayfia.
I know about that, yes. I'm content as it is, to be honest. There are more examples, like in Volume 4, the order of scenes are changed, like the pool scene and Sirzechs coming to the ORC clubroom, but overall they're pretty much the same.
I'll probably read them sooner or later.
Old 2018-02-26, 13:45   Link #19
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
Wait, is it referring to Ise awakening 4 years before Slash Dog or 4 years before the Main story? If it's the first one then that means it was when Vali was 8 so Ise would be a year or so younger. Maybe it was around the time Irina was still around and he protected her before both passed out?
As Bennia Lover said, it's 4 years before the main story. This Volume itself is probably set 4 years prior to the events of the main story.

@Bennia Lover: I'm still not clear on the age difference between Vali and Ise, and who the younger one is. I guess I forgot about it. But if Vali is older than Ise and he's 12 years old in Slash Dog, shouldn't Ise be 11? Or is Ise a year older and was 13 at this time, when the Boosted Gear first awakened?

Also, if it was around this time that the Boosted Gear awakened in him, I really want to know what triggered it. My guess is that he unconsciously awakened and then passed out afterwards, without knowing what he just did. He probably doesn't even remember doing it.

@CCP: Yeah, Raynare did say that they'd been watching Ise because he'd been marked as someone with a Sacred Gear that made him a potential threat to Grigori (the name of the organization wasn't given at the time, but yeah). Raynare turned out to be incompetent, though, since she didn't realize that Ise had the Boosted Gear, and she was late in realizing it even after the mark of the red dragon appeared on it. She thought it was Twice Critical. Rias had to tell her that it's the Boosted Gear.

@Raptor: IIRC, the part from before Ise was brought to the ORC by Kiba is also slightly different in the anime. The part where he was attacked by a fallen angel at night. I'll go and read it again to refresh my memory just in case. Then I'll come back here and say what happened in the LN there. But if I recall correctly, in the LN, the number of attacks was one.

Edit:
Ise was attacked by a fallen angel only once as a devil before he found out about the Occult Research Club. Donaseek found him and attacked him once. Rias saved him then. He found himself sleeping naked with her the next morning and it turns out she shared her aura with him in the nude to heal him. Then later, Kiba comes to his class and takes him to the club room. Done. No more fallen angel attacks at night.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-02-26 at 15:52.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 17:24   Link #20
Lucidrago

Yeah Kalawarner and Mittelt never made an appearance in the light novels. They were just mentioned by Raynare after Rias showed her their feathers after Rias had killed him.

And the way Raynare appeared at first is her appearance. She never had an oldet, sexy form as her default appearance. The young teenage girl(A.K.A. 'shitty discount' Akeno) was her default appearance.

And Issei should be 18 at the current moment. So he should be 14 in Slash Dog. And Irina left long before that. Like she moved to England like 10 years before the main story or something like that.

Again Issei was too weak and pathetic to assess any power. Maybe it awakened but due to Issei being so weak and pathetic it was very faint but it was there.