AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-06-07, 17:07   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, one would assume, but it seems like they've stopped licensing anime in general.
I think Vinland Saga might even be the last anime they simulcasted.

Anyway, they're clearly out of the game.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 07:36   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
We're not in Wit anymore, Dorothy...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 11:20   Link #23
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Looks good, there were admittedly some shots where I thought to myself this would have looked better with WIT studio. Can't have them all I guess.

Looking forward to this and seeing the reactions of newcomers I'm curious to see if this arc is going to be as polarizing as it was for manga readers, probably not but we'll see.

Anyway now it's time to start worrying about the length, surely it's going to be two cours right?
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 13:28   Link #24
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Doesn't MAPPA have enough on their plate? Well, it looks kind of different from WIT, but still good .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 18:01   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
My initial reaction when I saw that preview was disappointment, to be honest. So I was surprised when I scanned the reactions and they were so positive. I thought it looked like a big step down from S1 in every way (it’s worth noting that Yabuta said it was all episode content, rather than a custom-tailored PV).

I’m not worried about the content - with the same staff I’m sure they’ll handle that side of things as well as they can be handled. And I’m usually less hung-up on visuals than most. Maybe it’s just a disconnect on the visual style changing so much, but I can’t deny that preview left me a bit let down.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 18:34   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Looks good, there were admittedly some shots where I thought to myself this would have looked better with WIT studio. Can't have them all I guess.

Looking forward to this and seeing the reactions of newcomers I'm curious to see if this arc is going to be as polarizing as it was for manga readers, probably not but we'll see.

Anyway now it's time to start worrying about the length, surely it's going to be two cours right?
Farmland Saga is generally seen as a great arc in retrospect, it was the monthly pace that made it feel like a slog. I completely changed my mind when I revisited it. Should be fine as a weekly anime. The arc after that one though... not much to salvage.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 12:00   Link #27
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My initial reaction when I saw that preview was disappointment, to be honest. So I was surprised when I scanned the reactions and they were so positive. I thought it looked like a big step down from S1 in every way (its worth noting that Yabuta said it was all episode content, rather than a custom-tailored PV).

Im not worried about the content - with the same staff Im sure theyll handle that side of things as well as they can be handled. And Im usually less hung-up on visuals than most. Maybe its just a disconnect on the visual style changing so much, but I cant deny that preview left me a bit let down.
I mean, I don't think it's completely different, it still looks like Vinland Saga (and the same staff too), it just feels like there's just a slight difference.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 12:47   Link #28
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Great news the second season is going to be 24 episodes this is confirmed by the animation producer in this special on youtube where he said "In that sense I felt like I was working on all 48 episodes of the Vinland Saga"

Also if you're a first timer I wouldn't recommend watching it as it contains some spoilers.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 12:53   Link #29
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Great news the second season is going to be 24 episodes this is confirmed by the animation producer in this special on youtube where he said "In that sense I felt like I was working on all 48 episodes of the Vinland Saga"

Also if you're a first timer I wouldn't recommend watching it as it contains some spoilers.
Good to know it'll be a 2-cour .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 07:05   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Coming January 9 - Netflix and CR.

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...408861184?s=20
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 09:37   Link #31
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is so weird. Be hilarious if this means two dubs again .

But the content and new OP looks nice .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 10:18   Link #32
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Is Netflix in so much financial trouble that it can't even afford exclusivity anymore?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-24, 17:50   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Is Netflix in so much financial trouble that it can't even afford exclusivity anymore?
Netflix in financial trouble could still buy the entire non-theatrical anime industry many times over and barely notice it on their balance sheet. Whatever they decide to do in that sector is by choice.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 18:26   Link #34
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Netflix in financial trouble could still buy the entire non-theatrical anime industry many times over and barely notice it on their balance sheet. Whatever they decide to do in that sector is by choice.
People can't forget that Netflix's audience is much larger then just an anime audience, and there are people who casually watch anime who like the binging model. Or who will check something out simple because it was on Netflix. This is how my mother got into Korean drama's recently. I introduced her to one, the only one I've watched myself (no not Squid Game, it was Extraordinary Attorney Woo), and suddenly she started checking out a bunch of others.

Neither one of us would ever have watched any if they weren't easily accessible on Netflix.
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 02:05   Link #35
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 34
Still, their binge-watching scheme looks odd as noone else uses it to this extent. And it works quite bad for hyped a anime.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-10-30 at 02:18.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 13:11   Link #36
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Still, their binge-watching scheme looks odd as noone else uses it to this extent. And it works quite bad for hyped a anime.
That only matters to hardcore anime fans. Not everyone is a hardcore anime fan.
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 19:07   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That only matters to hardcore anime fans. Not everyone is a hardcore anime fan.
Plenty of people are unhappy with Netflix's binge policy, and not just when it comes to anime. Plenty of Netflix shows would have gotten even more hype if they had aired weekly. It's hurting them, too. Providing one episode a week means people have to keep their subscription for the entire run. Of course, they could just choose to wait and binge the show when it's over, but somehow I think not many would do that.

Netflix just isn't asking itself the right questions. They do so many things wrong that Amazon and Disney+ do right.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 20:21   Link #38
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Plenty of people are unhappy with Netflix's binge policy, and not just when it comes to anime. Plenty of Netflix shows would have gotten even more hype if they had aired weekly. It's hurting them, too. Providing one episode a week means people have to keep their subscription for the entire run. Of course, they could just choose to wait and binge the show when it's over, but somehow I think not many would do that.

Netflix just isn't asking itself the right questions. They do so many things wrong that Amazon and Disney+ do right.
I think this really comes down to who you ask, https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/re...del-still-work. Yes, I know people who don't like the model, and I also know people who are perfectly happy with it. I would imagine Netflix has a better idea of what's working for them since they have all their numbers, and data. Sure, companies can misread the room, and if their subscribership continues to slip maybe they'll make changes. But, for now they seem to deem it's working for them. Also, personally, other then anime I rarely watch shows weekly anymore. To many shows and to little time, to waste it on something I may end up disliking. So I wait to hear what the general consensus is before watching something, and I know I'm not the only person in that boat.
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 20:30   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
If Netflix didn’t think there was discontent with the binge model among general interest customers, they wouldn’t be phasing it out.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 20:47   Link #40
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If Netflix didnt think there was discontent with the binge model among general interest customers, they wouldnt be phasing it out.
Welp, I stand corrected. I hadn't heard anything about that, so had to look up some articles. I know they'd been experimenting with a hybid model for some of their more popular shows.
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.