AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 18.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 7.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-21, 17:41   Link #81
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...about the Nina=Chosen one for the Goat...It could be possible because she has a rather special relationship with the electronic spirits(and this could be a quite good choice to bring back the story to the LN somewhat).
The only problem with the anime-original stories in general that htey tend to be worse than the original. Somehow I can't imagine why they must alter the story of a manga or light novel if most of the fans's wish to see it animated and the others don't mind the similarities(because they probably not even know the original before). If it's the matter of fanservice or animation cost then I could tolerate it. But they're changing the characters too without a proper reason.

Edit:Pairing wars? Now?It's no use...but if we're overanalysing things it's either Nina or Leerin. Probably the later.
Old 2009-06-21, 18:04   Link #82
Traece
:cool:

_-_... That's it? That's Season 1?

... Season 2 better be an improvement because I don't recall anything but characters and their backgrounds/relationships being explained in this entire twenty-four episodes.
Spoiler for Vague Episode 24 Spoilers:

With that having been said, it was still an alright episode and there were some entertaining moments. But, I'd have to say that calling it average is pushing it.

Edit: Also... Just because you guys look like you're having fun with pairing wars. Episode 1 Spoiler: Leerin totally kissed Layfon already.
They've totally been sending each other letters the entire time. The only one who even has a slight chance of beating Leerin while she's so far ahead is Felli. Newsflash, Nina and Layfon don't even have romantic moments, at all. I don't understand why people think she's going to be the one.

Last edited by Traece; 2009-06-21 at 18:07. Reason: Kisses are Win
Old 2009-06-21, 18:17   Link #83
velvet nightmare

wait so did lintence take layfon's heaven's blade or the one savaris left behind?
Old 2009-06-21, 18:19   Link #84
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
She has? I didn't saw her collecting it in the episode? But I see no need to discuss since I don't believe in a second season at all.
Saya picks up the mask from the ground towards the end. I don't mind if you don't want to discuss but please let the people who want.
Quote:
And you should learn that animes aren't always exact copy cats of their novel or manga counterpart. Thus hardly even worth discussing when a series completely goes its different route like it's in this case.
I'm aware of that and I also am aware that those cases end up as horrible anime 99% of the time. That's why we were discussing about how they can get it back on its track.
Quote:
That is if we get a second season which I doubt. And cheap blow calling her immature. It was cute man, kawaii!!
There's doubt and there's hope, I choose the latter. And I was merely stating a fact about Felli, I enjoy comic relief but it needs some refreshment.
Quote:
I've seen as plenty of Felli scenes as Nina if not more. Though we do know what for one a Felli or Nina scene isn't especially for the other.

Last scenes ain't when the credits are rolling. That's just some bonus scenes. And I didn't see a scene after the credits so I do think technically the last scene was Felli and Layfon's little talk.
Well, you won't be able to show anything as intimate as ep 19 end or ep 24 mid-term. As I said before, I'm not really interested in the romance aspect of the show so Layfon can suit himself, I'm all neutral about who he should go for.

Last scenes are when the credits are rolling of course, how can you write them off? It's a common thing that happens during season finals and they show how people end up after the events. They're as concrete as it gets.
Quote:
Felli fan? Well a bit but also Leerin and Mei if you do want to know. But doesn't your Nina avatar speaks against you saying that you're no Nina fan.
I'm indeed a Nina fan but I don't let that cloud my vision to ignore real scenes that I watched. I also don't try to shoot people off while they're having a rational discussion about anime plot just because they're fan of a certain character.
Quote:
But I'll leave you alone to with your wishful thinking, especially of a second season.
Thank you, I'll certainly do that as someone who enjoyed the show.
Old 2009-06-21, 18:38   Link #85
blewin

I've never been impressed with the action in CSR and this episode is no exception (understandable, consider how they mainly fight with Kei), but the fusion of the katana and HB looks like an overkill.... very cliche. I'd have loved to see a Layfon fighting with one sword in each hand. *wishful thinking*

What I like most about the episode is the very last bit when Leerin and Layfon read the letter together and brings the episode to a close. Kind of like a full circle since they recited a similar line that Leerin wrote in her letter back in the first episode. I reckon that's exceptionally done to draw out some emotional response from the viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Savaris vs Fon Fon = cliché

10 HB defeated the FM = Power Ranger.
totally agree with ya, and somebody in this thread said something about Savaris being sent off like team rockets? agree with that one too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-21, 18:51   Link #86
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Did anyone else find it funny when Nina sees dixero and says "dick" LOL

that scene just made me laugh out loud!!~!
Old 2009-06-21, 19:12   Link #87
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

IIRC he's been called as Dick in the novels for some time now, I definitely saw that more than once in novel thread. Unsure if they started shorting it that way later on in the novel but it felt as a sign of another season. As changing what he's called just for the final ep would stay awkward. I know it's conspiracy theory-like but food for thought nonetheless.
Old 2009-06-21, 19:16   Link #88
Redlar

I wish there were .5 ratings on the voting scale, but meh. You can't get everything you want in life, which is why the ending isn't a 10 for me. The Savaris/Layfon battle could definitely have been more impressive; instead, it was something like 5 minutes of Savaris beating up Layfon, then Layfon getting his magic sword and blowing Savaris away. Kind of anti-climactic.

For the most part, the fighting against the filth monsters was a little boring too, though the level of explosions was nice. The swordboard was just...flashes of Eureka 7, but lamer.

Best parts of the episode:
Spoiler for Cleanliness:

As for the pairings...I think Layfon would say he doesn't deserve to be loved; he pushes everyone away. Personally, I'd be extremely happy too if someone I thought was dead turned out to be alive. So Layfon's reaction to Nina's return wasn't too surprising or too significant. His romantic moments with Felli are usually shown to be that way through Felli's reactions rather than Layfon's, so I'd say it's a bit one-sided there. As for Leerin, Layfon probably still sees her as his sister or as someone who deserves better; that's why he kissed her on the cheek. Mei doesn't even matter in the anime.

But Nina fans? It doesn't endear anyone to your side when you call Felli fans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
delusional, in denial...desperately grasping at straws.
I'm reading this thread, trying to see if this episode is worth the download, then THAT pops up. Do you have any idea how annoying that is? Suddenly, insults and off-topic ensue
Please, if you're going to derail a thread, could you try to be civil?

That said, the closest thing to a romantic moment in this episode was Layfon/Leerin's reunion on the battlefield and Felli's conversation with Layfon at the end. Felli showed her tsundere side there, which is appropriate as she is still a teenager and not an adult. There could definitely have been a kiss between Layfon and Leerin in that scene and it wouldn't have felt out of place, like the sparkly pink ball in Ep 19.
Old 2009-06-21, 19:18   Link #89
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know where the light novel is in regards to where the show left of? i mean like what volume is it? this would sort of give me an idea how much material their is so far.

In my opinion the ending was pretty good i wasnt expecting the best show ever from the anime however i loved it, and i can compensate thanks to the novels WHICH ARE AWESOME!(thanks to blewin AGAIN! for his hard work and making it possible for us CSR fans to read the novels)
Old 2009-06-21, 19:34   Link #90
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
But Nina fans? It doesn't endear anyone to your side when you call Felli fans I'm reading this thread, trying to see if this episode is worth the download, then THAT pops up. Do you have any idea how annoying that is? Suddenly, insults and off-topic ensue
Manji Midou's more of a Leerin fan though.

I was going to say something about overgeneralization, but it's all probably going to fall on deaf ears anyway, so nevermind.
Old 2009-06-21, 19:48   Link #91
black_cat1

The witch :"My show time is too fucking slow!"
Old 2009-06-21, 19:59   Link #92
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Haha yeah. That was priceless. Would so rather have seen more of the HBs than Nina.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:04   Link #93
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Manji Midou's more of a Leerin fan though.
that l am.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:09   Link #94
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Saya picks up the mask from the ground towards the end. I don't mind if you don't want to discuss but please let the people who want.
Of course you are free to discuss it with others but I'm just saying that I don't feel the need to comment on it myself thus I didn't.

Quote:
I'm aware of that and I also am aware that those cases end up as horrible anime 99% of the time. That's why we were discussing about how they can get it back on its track.
This is something I can agree with completely. It even happened to my all time favorite manga => Rurouni Kenshin.

Quote:
There's doubt and there's hope, I choose the latter. And I was merely stating a fact about Felli, I enjoy comic relief but it needs some refreshment.
In my case, I've just been to much dissapointed. Gantz, Claymore, Ichigo 100%, Nagasarete Airantou, Suzuka, Air Gear,... This just seems like one to add to that list.

Quote:
Well, you won't be able to show anything as intimate as ep 19 end or ep 24 mid-term. As I said before, I'm not really interested in the romance aspect of the show so Layfon can suit himself, I'm all neutral about who he should go for.
I think this is just a matter of opinion cause in all honosty I can't even remember the Nina mid-term scene this episode though I can remember that stupid scene where she shows in the background. Like I said earlier, the hug is something Fellin would've had to if it wasn't for the wound and Leerin and Nina suddenly showing up ruining any chance at a cute scene between them.

Quote:
Last scenes are when the credits are rolling of course, how can you write them off? It's a common thing that happens during season finals and they show how people end up after the events. They're as concrete as it gets.
To me they are not more then little bonus scenes to how you so nicely put it, to show a bit more how they ended. Nothing significant happens in it except for the most obvious things.

If they were really that important it would been add before the credits cause (a stupid example) in the cinema you always see the majority just leave during the credits even if it has bonus scenes next to the credits. Which only shows how insignificant they really are.

Quote:
I'm indeed a Nina fan but I don't let that cloud my vision to ignore real scenes that I watched. I also don't try to shoot people off while they're having a rational discussion about anime plot just because they're fan of a certain character.
I apologize bye all means if that's how I came a cross. Blame the internet and not only me. I know your comment about Felli that she's out was probably only joking but it's so hard to know whether people are joking or serious on the internet. Even with a :P since people dare to abuse that as an excuse if they're joking. Or maybe I'm just one hell of a cynical guy.

We're all free to our own opinion, just saying that I don't agree at all with Felli is totally out if you were serious. And yeah maybe I went in a bit to smuggish or childish way about it.

But like I said in one of the comments that got deleted which I'm glad for cause that wasn't a real sign of maturity (giving in to flamebait). This shown isn't romance oriented. It's action oriented and in like a lot of them they ignore the romance or hardly do it justice. Here beeing a mix of it. Giving some romance but hardly conclusive enough. So open that we can start a discussion similar to: Did Lelouch die or did he live?

And if I have to say my opinion about it, I go with Felli beeing the one who had the final scene and was acting like a wife catching her husband cheating with his mistress. Leerin's hug was cute and all but in the end they didn't even bother to show him sending her of. Having the final scene speaks volumes for me and rolling credits are just rolling credits. But I know all that's just my opinion.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:37   Link #95
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
I think this is just a matter of opinion cause in all honosty I can't even remember the Nina mid-term scene this episode though I can remember that stupid scene where she shows in the background. Like I said earlier, the hug is something Fellin would've had to if it wasn't for the wound and Leerin and Nina suddenly showing up ruining any chance at a cute scene between them.
I meant Leerin for 24 mid-term, I wasn't trying to promote Nina there. Felli just didn't have anything like that or the 'marvelous Advent Children hug'.
Quote:
To me they are not more then little bonus scenes to how you so nicely put it, to show a bit more how they ended. Nothing significant happens in it except for the most obvious things.

If they were really that important it would been add before the credits cause (a stupid example) in the cinema you always see the majority just leave during the credits even if it has bonus scenes next to the credits. Which only shows how insignificant they really are.
Well, this isn't a western cinema movie though and they're not Jackie Chan shooting mistakes either. I assume that you have already seen such conclusive scenes during credits of final episodes before? If you haven't: Many series have that kind of endings and they are always the most significant part regarding the end, they're definitive to people's state and what they do in the aftermath of the events. If it shows something, it's the final and ultimate word about that issue till another season.
Quote:
I apologize bye all means if that's how I came a cross. Blame the internet and not only me. I know your comment about Felli that she's out was probably only joking but it's so hard to know whether people are joking or serious on the internet. Even with a :P since people dare to abuse that as an excuse if they're joking. Or maybe I'm just one hell of a cynical guy.

We're all free to our own opinion, just saying that I don't agree at all with Felli is totally out if you were serious. And yeah maybe I went in a bit to smuggish or childish way about it.
I think that Felli's already out since back ep 18 end but I was merely joking about the eager comments. I chose the word "wishful thinking" because it didn't seem offensive to me, it wasn't said with offensive intention in any case.
Quote:
But like I said in one of the comments that got deleted which I'm glad for cause that wasn't a real sign of maturity (giving in to flamebait). This shown isn't romance oriented. It's action oriented and in like a lot of them they ignore the romance or hardly do it justice. Here beeing a mix of it. Giving some romance but hardly conclusive enough. So open that we can start a discussion similar to: Did Lelouch die or did he live?
Yup and I told that I'm not really interested in the romance aspect of the show. It provides fun and some spice at times and I like it that way, rather than overblown focus on it. That's why I don't get into those shipping battles.
Quote:
And if I have to say my opinion about it, I go with Felli beeing the one who had the final scene and was acting like a wife catching her husband cheating with his mistress. Leerin's hug was cute and all but in the end they didn't even bother to show him sending her of. Having the final scene speaks volumes for me and rolling credits are just rolling credits. But I know all that's just my opinion.
The thing is that Layfon already rejected Felli's advance so he doesn't need to be faithful towards Felli. Funny yeah but I had expected Felli to mature a little bit by now. She at least took up her combat responsibilities like Nina wanted so I'm still content by that much. Rolling credits I explained above, they're the word of anime god.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:42   Link #96
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Do you have any idea how annoying that is? Suddenly, insults and off-topic ensue
To be fair, it's less annoying then size 5 font. Also, I do believe a discussion about where the episode puts the girls with Layfon is legitimate. I would comment on over generalization and the irony here, but will instead focus on:

Quote:
One of the best lines all season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Did anyone else find it funny when Nina sees dixero and says "dick" LOL

that scene just made me laugh out loud!!~!
Maybe I just forgot, but I was a bit surprised at this. When did Nina learn his name? When he was talking to her before the sparkly hug reunion in ep. 19? I don't recall that

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
wait so did lintence take layfon's heaven's blade or the one savaris left behind?
He took back Layfon's blade. Speaking of Lintence, although it hasn't been said, there is some implication that he's one of the strongest HBs and kind of the defacto leader giving orders and all during the fight. Anyone have any idea?

Also, as a side note, I'm not sure where people are getting the teenager = I can be super immature excuse. Almost all the main characters including Layfon and the harem are teenagers However, you can see the clear differences in each of them.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:51   Link #97
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I think that Felli's already out since back ep 18 end but I was merely joking about the eager comments. I chose the word "wishful thinking" because it didn't seem offensive to me, it wasn't said with offensive intention in any case.
It's not like that that you should think. Not thinking about "yourself", but about "if it could be seen as offensive by the other people".

Anyway, about Felli, I disagree, but as expected, Romance stayed unresolved (for the best or the worse)

Good episode anyway

Tonight, I did an epic catch up of what i missed. I was busy with my exams so far.

I liked the ending, let's hope for a second season

Last edited by Narona; 2009-06-21 at 21:21.
Old 2009-06-21, 21:10   Link #98
ZeroForever

meh personally i thought this eps was clinch... it probably would have ranked higher if i didn't know that they were butchering the story line at the same time.

so yeah 5, below average in my expectations i expected some sorta average anime end but they went with the super clinch one that offended my tastes more then anything else.

the witch though had the best line of the eps as noted by others.
Old 2009-06-21, 21:16   Link #99
seiji_kun

Quote:
I meant Leerin for 24 mid-term, I wasn't trying to promote Nina there. Felli just didn't have anything like that or the 'marvelous Advent Children hug'.
Well nothing compares to the Advent Children hug, I don't even dare to state how much times I've watched that scene over and over.

Quote:
Well, this isn't a western cinema movie though and they're not Jackie Chan shooting mistakes either. I assume that you have already seen such conclusive scenes during credits of final episodes before? If you haven't: Many series have that kind of endings and they are always the most significant part regarding the end, they're definitive to people's state and what they do in the aftermath of the events. If it shows something, it's the final and ultimate word about that issue till another season.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/mugiwara84

I'll let you judge yourself but I do think I've watched enough anime series to know how significant rolling credits are. Just take Midori no Hibi were I got my nick from. All rolling credits do is show obvious things, the they all lived happily ever after ending. You'd hardly find anything significant in it that you wouldn't have guessed.

Quote:
It wasn't, I'm just that cynical. My thougths: someone with a Nina avatar can't be joking about Felli.

Quote:
Yup and I told that I'm not really interested in the romance aspect of the show. It provides fun and some spice at times and I like it that way, rather than overblown focus on it. That's why I don't get into those shipping battles.
Same here, though I do dare to comment on some lines I fully disagree with. Like in this case though my cynism owned me here seeing my target was really joking.

Quote:
The thing is that Layfon already rejected Felli's advance so he doesn't need to be faithful towards Felli. Funny yeah but I had expected Felli to mature a little bit by now. She at least took up her combat responsibilities like Nina wanted so I'm still content by that much. Rolling credits I explained above, they're the word of anime god.
I do know which scene you're speaking of and to me that scene was hardly truly rejecting her. Felt to me more like it wasn't the time or place. If you ever watched marmalade boy, TPO is extremely important while confessing.

Rolling credits, stated my opinion about it enough. And Kenshin never told me that it was his word!
Old 2009-06-21, 21:43   Link #100
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It's not like that that you should think. Not thinking about "yourself", but about "if it could be seen as offensive by the other people".
Sorry but there is a limit to how much words can stay politically correct when you want to make a joke. I know of cruder ways to word it but no kinder ones. I don't think that I should apologize about the joke I intended but my apologies if it sounded offensive to anyone still.
Quote:
I'll let you judge yourself but I do think I've watched enough anime series to know how significant rolling credits are. Just take Midori no Hibi were I got my nick from. All rolling credits do is show obvious things, the they all lived happily ever after ending. You'd hardly find anything significant in it that you wouldn't have guessed.
Then you should know that those scenes are as authoritative on the anime as any other scene shown before them. You cannot just ignore them outright. The credits could as well begin rolling when Layfon was swordboarding, there's no difference.

Fun fact of the day: Same thing happened at the end of ep 2, a very critical moment regarding the plot was shown while Yasashii Uso played and credits rolled. Can you ignore that part and act as if it never happened too?
Quote:
I do know which scene you're speaking of and to me that scene was hardly truly rejecting her. Felt to me more like it wasn't the time or place. If you ever watched marmalade boy, TPO is extremely important while confessing.
It's not like she offered to date or marry but she confessed through those offers. As much as Layfon may look dumb, he looked and used his tone in a way that he was aware of what he was rejecting. And he clearly refused those, he didn't say something like "let's talk about it later". Moreover, he never initiated an intimate moment with Felli by himself. I don't think his disinterest can be shown clearer than this.

In any case, I was merely saying that she wasn't his waifu, so he can flirt with whoever he likes. That's why the kick was unjustified, as always.
Closed Thread