AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 17:21   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character Discussion - Tsunemori Akane

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tsunemori Akane related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Psycho-Pass fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:23   Link #2
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

One of these friends said that she would like and Kogami you imagine if it attaches a little too Kogami and if anything happened to him I hope Psycho-pass would be dark ...

:S
Old 2012-11-30, 01:34   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Man... those eyes... I think she's always bored...
Old 2012-11-30, 01:43   Link #4
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

hahaha she would have chosen this job thinking it pourais to do something that others do not ... I wonder what really ... she's so special aside from being intelligent and sensitive? It is effective thanks to it eg the wife of one episode could be "cured"
Old 2012-12-02, 13:34   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

She's my favorite character of the series. Her appearance seemed strange at first, but as I grow attached to her, I greatly love her cute looks and is very moe. She's somewhat clumsy, but has a strong sense of justice and is competent enough. Some of her traits seemed odd (like how her powder blue is always clear even during the more dramatic moments) but I am very curious about unrevealed stuff so I am okay with that. Just like every other characters of the series, I can't wait to see more of her background as well her romantic relationship with Shinya.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-02, 22:50   Link #6
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
as well her romantic relationship with Shinya.
On the contrary, I hope she doesn't develop a romantic relationship with Shinya.

When I saw Akane laughing to Shuusei's notion that she has a crush on Shinya, I was impressed. I hope her concern for him stays platonic because often romance is introduced as a cause and explanation for caring about others when it isn't necessary at all.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:46   Link #7
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Some of her traits seemed odd (like how her powder blue is always clear even during the more dramatic moments) but I am very curious about unrevealed stuff so I am okay with that.
I'm interested to see if her extraordinary mental resilience is something artificial in nature.
Old 2012-12-06, 08:36   Link #8
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

yes, Akane is my favourite character in the series. Though I hope for her growing more and doesn't stay being naive forever (well naive is okay but just don't be stupid like know nothing)

Regarding the romance relationship.. I believe Gen Urobuchi can pull it off, since I want too see it but not a mainstream one.

It's often pointed out that Akane's hue scans always remained calm. My friend thinks she has potential to be a (awesome) psychopath.
Old 2012-12-08, 20:06   Link #9
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
It's often pointed out that Akane's hue scans always remained calm. My friend thinks she has potential to be a (awesome) psychopath.
I saw someone (I forget where) wondering if you could get a false negative in the Sibyl System, it would be interesting if Akane was unconsciously fooling the system into thinking she was cool and rational when her stress levels could be all over the place. I'm sure that this is going to become at least a minor plot point later the way they keep bringing it up though.
Old 2012-12-11, 06:33   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
I don't think that's possible, considering even a calm minded criminal like Rikako had a high Crime Coefficient. We'll need to see Makishima's values to be confirm it, but I'm pretty sure all Akane's always clear hue just implies that she's an inherently good person.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:02   Link #11
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Does that mean her hue is always clear due to her humanitarianism or is there some secret we don't know of?
Old 2012-12-11, 15:36   Link #12
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I'm interested to see if her extraordinary mental resilience is something artificial in nature.
WHY does it need to be artificial in nature?

I'm noticing a trend where lots of people seem to be VERY surprised that Akane...is actually good at her job (law and order management position that involves resistance to traumatic events). People seem to ascribe this competence to some kind of hypothetical manufactured trait, or conspiratorial set up, despite their being no actual hints of anything of the sort (at least beyond for what's typically done under the Sybil system).

The Sybil system ranked Akane as being very proficient for this kind of job the same way a national basket ball league would pick out prospective players. The only difference is they'd be looking at physical, versus mental characteristics. The Sybil system doesn't do this perfectly (at Tougami noted, that one manager was put in charge of that factory), but Akane is a demonstration that its assessments usually work.

Being surprised that Akane is resistant to trauma, is like being surprised that extremely tall people play basketball.

I think this is the problem with so many anime trying to star every man characters thrown into outlandish situations by sheer luck, and randomly given abilities that make them plot relevant. It makes us miss out on the fact that some people just ARE innately good at some things.
Old 2012-12-29, 19:57   Link #13
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Akane after seeing Yuki getting killed by Makishima... I wonder if the PP increase and especially if it has a desire for revenge against Makishima ...
:/ because at the moment it is just very sad, but then ...?
Old 2012-12-30, 01:16   Link #14
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm with Roger Rambo on this. Akane has impressive mental stability but it's nothing beyond what I could imagine some real life adults having.

I think many of us have become so accustomed to very high-emotion female anime characters that someone like Akane can take a bit of getting used to. But she's not strange.
Old 2012-12-30, 01:37   Link #15
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yes it may not be strange not to see the increase or PP Akane she did not want revenge ... as Kogami said it would take over someone like her
Old 2012-12-30, 01:39   Link #16
Qilin
Romanticist

I think the point of the scene was to expose the Sybil system for the sham that it is. Akane's inability to shoot was represented the result of the influence of the system the individual's ability to make decisions. I don't think it would have mattered if it was Ginoza, or anyone else subject to the system. The result would have been the same.

Her mental fortitude may have been stronger than most, but it doesn't change the fact that she was dependent on the Sybil system just like everyone else in this dystopian society.
Old 2012-12-30, 23:25   Link #17
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I can not wait to see if it has changed (at the hatitude) will be the same or not ... I wonder if she called his other friend to the death of Yuki ...
Old 2013-01-09, 10:08   Link #18
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I have a strong feeling that despite being pushy on the outside, she will truly have a cunning trait on the inside probably either due to her clear Hue or the fact that she's a psychopath or both...
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-10, 17:02   Link #19
seiftis
~defying fate

After watching back the OP scene (which I normally skip), just seems to me like after what happened in ep.11... Akane will not hesitate much to shoot her gun at criminals after this. Just my random guessing.
Old 2013-01-12, 15:07   Link #20
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Akane's inability to shoot does bring up a lot of issues. After all that method of action is heavily discouraged and arguably outlawed in some cases with a sybil system that objectively judges them.

But even considering that such an action contradicts her many years of training and society has taught her its wrong, it goes beyond that.

She does not know how to shoot. Learning about something like this in school, especially when it shows that they are reliant on computers to draw data is far different from actually picking it up and aiming properly becomes a nearly impossible task.

It's like if I tossed you a longbow and told you that you have 5 seconds to accurately shoot a guy that's behind a hostage. Chances are you might not even be able to hold the damned thing properly. It's an archaic, unfamiliar situation that would require prior knowledge.

And so what we get here is that the people of this society aren't able to learn and adapt as fast. They will freeze and fail once handed a situation they can't handle, because they've been taught a certain rigid way of how thinks work. Once a single person steps outside the system... uh oh.

So I feel that was the point. Akane is actually brilliant and willing to do the right thing. She did what anyone in her position could have possibly done given her abilities. She would have shot him dead, like any good person or protagonist would. She is constantly aiming to do the right thing, and it's not like she's bound to the rules like Ginoza is. But this is why this anime is well written-- you don't get to ass pull your way out of these situations.

It's not her fault, but she has to take the guilt in anyways. And that's what sucks and will set the tone up for the 2nd half.

Also, Kougami's actions in episode 11 provide a great contrast.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread