AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-20, 09:35   Link #101
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I have a 1.8GHz and I can't get it to play in Windows. I have the latest ffdshow. Also, it crashes Media Player Classic.

Looks fine in Linux, though.
hehe...another good reason to use linux. Those ppl that can't get mkv to work there is KVCD version.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 19:34   Link #102
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
hehe...another good reason to use linux. Those ppl that can't get mkv to work there is KVCD version.
Never had any trouble with MKV or OGM. Installed plenty of 'extras' of course besides the essentials.... but it all works, be it a miracle or not (probably, it is win XP after all). It pays well to have a few players handy regardless, although I have noticed MPlayer Classic seems to have less trouble overall (in my experience at least)

I don't have any issues with you carrying on in MKV, though that's easy to say when it works.....I just like new stuff anyway, for better or worse =P . Oh, and more 800x600 - I look forward to the day when fansubs will make the best use of my 19" Diamondtron - ( j/k - well, maybe partly)
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 21:56   Link #103
Nikolai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
*shrugs*
If you cant get the versions of the software working that we strongly advise you to use... try posting in the playback forum :P
The new version of FFDShow will sort you out fine.
Ok, I got it to work (apparently "Use overlay mixer" turned on was the problem), but the 20031128 version gives me worse results than the old one... http://www.fairvue.com/stuff/upscomparison.gif The last window is 20031128, the second-to-last window is 20030523.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote