AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-21, 01:39   Link #16301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly, highly difficult.
People know there's occult, but how many will want to believeit? Paranoia will set in.

Espers are the public face of the supernatural, therefore they are the easiest to pin the blame and soak up all the faults of a supernatural power.The only reason people aren't going X-men on the Espers is because they are carefully monitored by AC and kept within the city the majority of the time barring special occasions or permission. If Magic is exposed that can be used for taking over minds...like Saranoia has shown...how many people would question their own free will? How many people will blame their issues on an innocent person or a magician that did nothing wrong? Remember, Touma was sent to AC because he was nearly killed because of his power's side effect of causing bad luck. He may have been an extreme case, but if Espers were loose it would end up becoming far to common.
Academy City had explained it away that the Roman Catholic Church had developed Esper Technology outside of their involvement- This is the power to make anyone unconscious from anywhere in the world. I'm certain that cat is out of the bag already.

Not to mention every citizen in the UK had already been given Saint-like abilities for a short period of time.

If the scenario you've suggested were to happen, it probably is already happening somewhere in the world.

Quote:
As for the gas, what's stopping them from getting other Espers in a case of friendly fire? Not all Magicians are technophobic, and a few of them are going to be able to avoid it...heck, they might just use a filter spell to separate oxygen from the harmful chemicals based on some obscure legend or myth related to their system.
Not all Magicians are technophobic, but I don't think information like Nanomachines that could dissolved a human body (vol 15) is common knowledge they could read it up in books.

you're giving them alot of credits on a maybe, magic isn't omnipotent.

Quote:
And while Dark Side espers are useful....do you really want a bunch of people like Koruyoru running around? She kills her allies when they aren't useful anymore. Dark Side Espers are too much of a danger to their own side in most cases.
Well Magicians aren't exactly saints when it comes to friendly fire now are they? Yet they could still manage to be effective so I don't see why this would be an issue.

And no they won't be running around, they'll be on a tight leash... And no, not every Dark Esper is a Kuroyoru.

Quote:
Level 4s are rare compared to Level 3s. Short of Level Upper, that ain't gonna change anytime soon. With so few in numbers you wouldn't treat them so lightly as soldiers. They'd be elites, to be used sparingly.
Well unless you got some hard numbers, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that 5-10% of the population are Level 4s, which I think is a reasonable number. 5% of 1.8 million is still 90 000.

And no, of course Esper soldiers won't be grunts, why would you think that? If they just needed grunts they have Anti-Skill for that.

And thirdly, when did Power levels ever an issue to the dark side espers? (Well, except for the Level 5s obviously) Most of them have other tricks than just their abilities so I don't see why it would matter whether they're Level threes or ones.

Quote:
Note: I clearly don't advocate the use of children in warfare under any circumstances for obvious reasons, nor do I recommend people be used a pawns to be sacrificed.
Like Kuroyoru, you can't help people that don't want to be helped.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-01-21 at 01:57.
Old 2012-01-21, 02:24   Link #16302
judasmartel
*Author

And all that data makes me want to see new types of espers, not just classic-elemental ones (we haven't seen ice, earth, and fire that much yet), but also combinations of lame-but-awesome powers and awesome-but-lame ones.

Reminds me of a fan-made Level 4 Esper with the exact same skillset as Sub-Zero.

Also, I remembered Dummy Check (level 2 yet, but it becomes "complete invisibility powers", i.e., opponents won't even know the user exists, if leveled up) and Graviton Bomb (aluminum can bombs, anyone?)

Perhaps one reason why I find Espers more interesting than Mages (but it doesn't mean Mages are less powerful) is that there are so many ways you can screw with the laws of physics in the To Aru Verse. Thus, there are literally over 9000 types of Espers in Academy City, far more numerous than the X-Men of the Mutants Academy.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-01-21 at 02:34.
Old 2012-01-21, 03:35   Link #16303
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
And all that data makes me want to see new types of espers, not just classic-elemental ones (we haven't seen ice, earth, and fire that much yet)
esper powers work on modern science, that's why we haven't seen classic elemental espers(except for water, which is an exception among the 4, being an actual substance and all), and probably never will...it simply wouldn't make sense...
Old 2012-01-21, 03:39   Link #16304
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
esper powers work on modern science, that's why we haven't seen classic elemental espers(except for water, which is an exception among the 4, being an actual substance and all), and probably never will...it simply wouldn't make sense...
Well, Fire (the leader of the bank robbers in the first episode of Railgun) and Wind (Kongou and LU Saten) have already been used alongside Water.

Anyways, let's continue here.
Old 2012-01-21, 04:37   Link #16305
Kyouka
Is Here

can someone link the site u guys use for reading the light novels?
Old 2012-01-21, 14:45   Link #16306
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
can someone link the site u guys use for reading the light novels?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/
Old 2012-01-23, 01:12   Link #16307
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This itself is the only reason why magicians won't openly walk in academy city. Walking inside the artificial heaven is suicide. But without that. ....
You cannot separate AIM from the espers. AIM is an esper's property. Which is why you cannot remove it from AC, since it is saturated with the stuff.

@Chaos

Seriously dude, you got banned?
Old 2012-01-23, 10:08   Link #16308
leukrota

The Artificial Heaven uses AIM, but it doesn't mean AIM is Artificial Heaven.

Unprocessed, AIM is harmless to magicians, otherwise every other magician in AC would have met a tragic fate.

Most likely, only Aleister and Aiwass know how to create the Artificial Heaven. I don't think even Kazakiri herself knows how to make/activate it. LO might have an idea but the program was disassembled by Index's song and doing it by memory is probably impossible.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:58   Link #16309
Flere821
Lurker

I'm pretty sure LO has no idea, despite being a anchor to the Artificial Heaven (Misaka Network).
Old 2012-01-23, 21:10   Link #16310
Breidaluk

Since the light novel will be released in March can someone translate the spin-off "A certain Prophecy Index" in Haimura's site? I also wanted to see the special that shows neko-imouto.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:52   Link #16311
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, you got to get someone else for that. I'm not going to do it.
Old 2012-01-26, 17:55   Link #16312
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, you got to get someone else for that. I'm not going to do it.
Nobody asked you.<----JK . We know you are quite busy.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:36   Link #16313
Acer
Death to the infidels!

more about Volume 4?: http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2056.html
Old 2012-02-01, 10:20   Link #16314
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
┌────────────────┐
□3月の新刊予定(2012年3月10日発売)□
└────────────────┘

全てを破壊蹂躙する『木原』一族と、全てを粉砕殲滅する『グレムリン』。両者の激突が、はじま る。
◆新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(4)
著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/はいむらきよたか 定価:683円

――『11月13日より、我々反学園都市サイエンスガーディアン二七社は
  東欧のバゲージシティにおいて、格闘大会「ナチュラルセレクター」を開催します』――

そのアナウンスが始まりだった。
  第三次世界大戦を契機とし、反学園都市勢力は各地で様々な抵抗運動を模索していた。
  この『ナチュラルセレクター』では、トーナメント制の異種格闘大会を通じ
  『超能力を凌駕する「異能」を証明する』こと目的としていた。
  それは、学園都市のアイデンティティを根本から破壊することに他ならない。
  魔術と科学の融合組織『グレムリン』の手を借り、その策謀は進む。
  そして。学園都市はそれを許さない。
  これは、たった三人の『木原』と。たった三人の『グレムリン』。
  それだけでは済まない、最悪の騒乱。
This is the vol.4 synopsis in japanesse.
Old 2012-02-01, 10:25   Link #16315
mark1246

IN ENGLISH:

"to destroy all overrun "Kihara," and the family, to annihilate all crushed, "Gremlins". The clash between the two begins. Magical Index in the New Testament and ◆ (4) What price illustrations Yes KIYOTA Village / Pond sickle Kazuma / Author: € 683   - "From November 13, the Guardian's university city anti-science seventy-two our   baggage City in Eastern Europe , tournament fighting "natural selector" will be held "-   an announcement that was the beginning.   Opportunity and the Third World War, anti-academic city forces were looking for a variety of protest around the country.   This "natural selector" in, through the competition of different fighting tournament   "super powers beyond the" unusual talent "prove" that was intended.   It is nothing more fundamental to destroy the identity of the university town.   Fusion of magic and science organizations, "Gremlins" the help of their scheming proceeds.   And. University town does not allow it.   This is the only three people, "Kihara," and. Only three people, "Gremlins".   Sorry it just, the worst unrest."

SO People, WHAT THE HELL! this turn into some dragon ball z tournament style for good versus bad ! That was a total 180* flip on me! but sometimes info like this is false so we dont know if it true or not, what do you guys think

PS: i also wanted to say thank for all those user who reply to my message about that majin buu post a while ago, sad no one thought of buu but at least people had other interpretation of majin in there head

PS2: Still waiting for my Organization XIII cross over when we see them in to aru except they have their own fashion sense and there teenager boy AND GIRL, because all we see touma is fight girl and adults, i wanna see him get a power up and fight a kid near his age
Old 2012-02-01, 10:44   Link #16316
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Quote:
┌────────────────┐
□3月の新刊予定(2012年3月10日発売)□
└────────────────┘

全てを破壊蹂躙する『木原』一族と、全てを粉砕殲滅する『グレムリン』。両者の激突が、はじま る。
◆新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(4)
著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/はいむらきよたか 定価:683円

――『11月13日より、我々反学園都市サイエンスガーディアン二七社は
  東欧のバゲージシティにおいて、格闘大会「ナチュラルセレクター」を開催します』――

そのアナウンスが始まりだった。
  第三次世界大戦を契機とし、反学園都市勢力は各地で様々な抵抗運動を模索していた。
  この『ナチュラルセレクター』では、トーナメント制の異種格闘大会を通じ
  『超能力を凌駕する「異能」を証明する』こと目的としていた。
  それは、学園都市のアイデンティティを根本から破壊することに他ならない。
  魔術と科学の融合組織『グレムリン』の手を借り、その策謀は進む。
  そして。学園都市はそれを許さない。
  これは、たった三人の『木原』と。たった三人の『グレムリン』。
  それだけでは済まない、最悪の騒乱。
This is the vol.4 synopsis in japanesse.
js06 translation
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
The Kihara family that crushes and destroys everything and Gremlin that smashes and annihilates everything. The clash between the two begins.

-"Starting November 13th, we, the 27 companies of the anti-Academy City Science Guardians will be holding a tournament, Natural Selector, in Eastern Europe's Baggage City."

It began with that announcement.
Using World War 3 as an opportunity, anti-Academy City forces searched for means of resisting in various places around the world.
The purpose behind Natural Selector is to hold a tournament between two different kinds of powers to prove that a type of the supernatural exists that is superior to psychic powers.
That would destroy the core of Academy City's identity.
This strategy moves ahead with the help of Gremlin, the organization that is a fusion of magic and science.
And Academy City refuses to allow it to succeed.
A mere three Kiharas and a mere three members of Gremlin.
However, the mayhem does not end there.
Sorry mark1246, but his translation is better than google-translate
Old 2012-02-01, 10:53   Link #16317
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
js06 translation

Sorry mark1246, but his translation is better than google-translate
However it still true about WHERE HAVING A FIGHTING TOURNAMENT SOON!

I BET WHERE GOING TO HAVE A NEW THREAD ON WHO FIGHTING WHO AND BETS WILL BE MADE lol
Old 2012-02-01, 11:22   Link #16318
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Natural Selector
Suddenly, Darwing.

So, the enemy of my enemy is my ally? Maybe, I wonder what can do the 3 Kiharas against 3 Gremlin by using only science side tools.

I wonder what will be the suprise for the ending of the volume. Odin passing by to say hello? XD
Old 2012-02-01, 12:39   Link #16319
Sumeragi
Banned

Wait, THREE Kiharas? Is this the rise of the hidden one?
Old 2012-02-01, 13:41   Link #16320
desrtsku
Nympholept

Kihara VS Gremlin?!!!
well ... who knows ... either this is one of the untrusted-1-month-before-release-summary or the Kihara family studied magic during the past 3 weeks and found a counter as expected >.>

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen