AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 10:02   Link #2021
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I go boots + 3 pots all the time. and finish at above 60% hp in the first run, since the people I play with gives me a very good leash even though its normal. I could opt to gank at lvl 4, but most of the time I know I won't even be able to force a summoner. So finishing at that high is kinda a waste when I just end up going back and get a philo.

Another good thing about boots first is that you're more resistant to jungle invades. Which goodness knows, there's enough Mundos and Shyvanas running around that mess around with your red side. XD
Hmmm to pull off boot start on skarner I'd probably need to use different quints wouldn't I?, but ya boots and his shield would let you escape most counters.

Also from watching ranked I saw different AD nidalee top than I played before item build wise, they'd go boots > 2x doran blade > upgrade boots > 1x doran blade > phage > sheen > trinity force, so I decided to try that laning vs an Irelia... I was ahead in exp/CS their jungler got way greedy on a gank and I got FB cause of ignite picked up 2 Dorans and Ninja Tabi and stomped Irelia hard for the rest of the match ending 4/0/0, her tower gone, and 30 CS up from her(127 total for me) when they surrendered at 21 mins(right as I was going to finish Trinity Force ).
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:19   Link #2022
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I'm saving IP for get one of the top tier champions but I dunno which one to get; right now I'm thinking of Fiora. Is she good?; I understand she is a monster if she is fed but after that I don't know much of her.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:31   Link #2023
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
I'm saving IP for get one of the top tier champions but I dunno which one to get; right now I'm thinking of Fiora. Is she good?; I understand she is a monster if she is fed but after that I don't know much of her.
Out of personal experience I'd have to suggest against Fiora, while I own her(I got her on her release day), and like her, I find her a bit lacking in either solo top, or as a jungler no matter how I built her, so I would recommend looking into a different champ; what role are you planning to play with them?
MAL
Old 2012-05-05, 11:01   Link #2024
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Out of personal experience I'd have to suggest against Fiora, while I own her(I got her on her release day), and like her, I find her a bit lacking in either solo top, or as a jungler no matter how I built her, so I would recommend looking into a different champ; what role are you planning to play with them?
I usually love to kill other champions, that's why I use Katarina so much. But sometimes if needed I take the role of a tank so I use Riven for that purpose. Was thinking of Lulu, is she good?
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:51   Link #2025
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I usually love to kill other champions, that's why I use Katarina so much. But sometimes if needed I take the role of a tank so I use Riven for that purpose. Was thinking of Lulu, is she good?
Lulu is fairly good and seems to work in a variety of roles, though I still haven't figured out how to properly itemize her outside of support, though I've seen her ran AD/on-hit and AP in ranked.
MAL
Old 2012-05-05, 12:23   Link #2026
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I think the nerfs to glitterlance in the current patch were specifically made for AP carry Lulu not to be viable anymore.

@Linkark07: I think it's more important to know which lanes you are comfortably playing on. You can play killing champions on every lane but you can't effectively play every champion on every lane. (all applies to jungle as well)
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:35   Link #2027
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
As an AD carry jungler, Fiora has some ups and downs:
+ absurdly fast and safe jungling thanks to her passives (innate and the AD from W). She can run on a vamp scepter even with low dmg and LS nerf.
+ dual dash in lunge, better ganks over one-dash champions.
+ high early damage output
+ high survivability while ganking, since passive stacks x4

then again....

- Hard to play. Riposte and speed burst last only a couple of seconds, and she's melee. If you're going to gank with E, you must first take whatever CC the enemy team can throw at you, unless your laning partners have a stun up their sleeves.
- Hard to itemize. She definitely NEEDS a slow, TriForce only takes up one slot but may not be hard enough to catch certain champions. Over that, you'll be needing AS, penetration, HP/lifesteal and tenacity (especially tenacity).
- Has no escape move. Lunge is a targeted dash for enemies only.
- As with Yi's Alpha Strike, Blade Waltz takes Fiora to the enemy champion at the end of its cast, so unless you're going for a certain kill, she's easy to bait for turret fire by dashing backwards after she initiates R.

Overall: while she is nice, I'd rather pick Udyr, Trundle or Jarvan IV over her.

Quote:
I've seen her ran AD/on-hit and AP in ranked.
Tried AS/AP Lulu for fun, dies insanely fast even with ~800 bonus HP and her ulti.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:40   Link #2028
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I must say, this is by far the craziest LoL bug/exploit I have seen to date.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:59   Link #2029
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I believe that's what people call hacks :P
Old 2012-05-05, 16:00   Link #2030
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
If you like to kill other people you might look into the assassin category. They can't tank at all but are very good at picking off others. If that suits your play style I can recommend Ahri (<3) but there are also Akali, LeBlanc etc.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:15   Link #2031
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, people been banned over the summoner spell hack. Don't try it.

As for Fiora jungle, on the whole, I'd rather jungle Master Yi. Both seem to play clean up in teamfights, but Master Yi can safely BD like a baws.

For Skarner being high hp, one, you need to have a very good leash.... like I only take around 3 hits before I smite blue kinda leash. Second, take a 2nd point in W at lvl 3, as your shield goes up 64% increase in HP (much more useful than another point in Q as the AS bonus only works as long as your shield is up). Thirdly, don't do double golems or red after wraiths... instead do wolves to take advantage of AoE clearing. Finally, you need defense masteries in damage reduction both from physical and minions.

I personally use Gp10 quints on him and do just fine.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:49   Link #2032
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Lulu is meant to be played as pure support, and she does an excellent job at just that. As for pure tanks, I've taken a liking to Galio over the years, he has a solid damage output, good CC and AoE taunt...but Shen isn't too far behind him in my list. If you're going for tanky DPS instead, well..that's half the available champions now xD
Old 2012-05-07, 02:18   Link #2033
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
But sometimes if needed I take the role of a tank so I use Riven for that purpose.
ಠ_ಠ
Riven works better with just raw ad (Usual riven build ends up something like: Mercs, BT, BT, LW, GA, Situational (Usually BT, but MoM is a good item on her too)), building tanky just kills her potential to just eat the faces of every squishy.
Old 2012-05-07, 04:40   Link #2034
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...after a weekend of trying, I think I dislike Vayne almost as much as Graves and Kog'maw. I can't catch a break with her, no tanky char ever protects me and I get KSed so damn much...almost as much as I did when I used Graves. I find her no fun at all. Only remotely fun match I had was setting up suckers to Condemn into terrain for a Riven to kill EVERY TIME.....

Although...I am finding Tristana fun and rewarding. She might break my fixation on Miss Fortune somewhat.
Old 2012-05-07, 05:09   Link #2035
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well...after a weekend of trying, I think I dislike Vayne almost as much as Graves and Kog'maw. I can't catch a break with her, no tanky char ever protects me and I get KSed so damn much...almost as much as I did when I used Graves. I find her no fun at all. Only remotely fun match I had was setting up suckers to Condemn into terrain for a Riven to kill EVERY TIME.....
Isn't all of this your teammates' problem, not the character?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:33   Link #2036
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Fiora is great champ top lane, and also Fiora is awesome in 1v1 fights, literally amazing. Whenever I play her, I pick up a tiamat for her ultimate, so good. Right now I am playing a lot of Akali and Kayle top lane in ranked.
Old 2012-05-07, 06:40   Link #2037
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
ಠ_ಠ
Riven works better with just raw ad (Usual riven build ends up something like: Mercs, BT, BT, LW, GA, Situational (Usually BT, but MoM is a good item on her too)), building tanky just kills her potential to just eat the faces of every squishy.
Not true <_< Riven imo is best built as tanky DPS: Merc treads, mallet, atma's, executioner's calling, IE, LW. This way she gets HP, DEF/MDEF, a more than decent crit, lifesteal and enough penetration to make it useful. I've had matches defending bottom turret from 3 enemy champions, killing all three over time and staying at 100% HP in the end. Pure AD Riven is just asking to get focused on.
Old 2012-05-07, 06:56   Link #2038
MAR Phantom

Hmm which would be better overall? Ad caster riven or tanky dps?
MAR Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 07:24   Link #2039
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Not true <_< Riven imo is best built as tanky DPS: Merc treads, mallet, atma's, executioner's calling, IE, LW. This way she gets HP, DEF/MDEF, a more than decent crit, lifesteal and enough penetration to make it useful. I've had matches defending bottom turret from 3 enemy champions, killing all three over time and staying at 100% HP in the end. Pure AD Riven is just asking to get focused on.
Agreed. Riven with Frozen Mallet is a death sentence for a lot of opponents in 1v1. I don't fight Riven alone unless she's way behind in gear.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:30   Link #2040
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Fiora is great champ top lane, and also Fiora is awesome in 1v1 fights, literally amazing. Whenever I play her, I pick up a tiamat for her ultimate, so good. Right now I am playing a lot of Akali and Kayle top lane in ranked.
Why would you get Tiamat if you could get a real item instead.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol