AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 06:45   Link #481
Mentar
Banned

I've got to admit that I didn't follow the show TOO closely in the early eps, but why does everyone seem to assume that the kid flashback scenes are with _Mayu_? Was that shown anywhere?

If anything, my impression is that they are about _Reika_. It would also explain alot of the other observations - Reika's infatuation with him, and the "promise" over and over again.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:50   Link #482
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its the hair style...and there are actually 2 different flashbacks clearly showing them both with different hairstyles and being quite distinctive. the dream that ninomiya has is of mayu so unfortunatly he has forgotten about reika ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-04, 06:52   Link #483
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've got to admit that I didn't follow the show TOO closely in the early eps, but why does everyone seem to assume that the kid flashback scenes are with _Mayu_? Was that shown anywhere?

If anything, my impression is that they are about _Reika_. It would also explain alot of the other observations - Reika's infatuation with him, and the "promise" over and over again.
As Deathkillz already pointed out, the two had different hairstyles in the past. Chibi Mayu = long hair, Chibi-Reika = short hair.
Old 2007-11-04, 07:11   Link #484
Mentar
Banned

Says who? Do we really KNOW for sure? If so, timecodes would be appreciated. Fact is that the faces are purposely covered, and I can't remember an instance which takes away the uncertainty. Hairstyles can change.
Old 2007-11-04, 07:18   Link #485
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Says who? Do we really KNOW for sure? If so, timecodes would be appreciated. Fact is that the faces are purposely covered, and I can't remember an instance which takes away the uncertainty. Hairstyles can change.
I think it is because Reika has flash backs of the girl with short hair and Nonomiya has ones of the girl with long hair. Of course they could be the same girl after a hair cut

*edit*
I take that back I can't seem to find the clip at all

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-11-04 at 07:35.
Old 2007-11-04, 07:28   Link #486
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
take it with salt...even i only think its 80% true seen as in the first flashback i did think it was reika...*shrugs*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-04, 07:41   Link #487
UPR

Quote:

actually we do know, because when Reika saw the picture of young Shungo we saw her flashbacks of her and Shungo and there she had short hair. So if Reika had short hair then Mayu had long hair.

That's how we know which is which.
Old 2007-11-04, 07:41   Link #488
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Go rewatch episode 4 18:40+.
Old 2007-11-04, 07:54   Link #489
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
That line did it for me too. I am wondering since Nonomiya kissed Reika did he actually transfer his life force into her. If he did, to me that means that he is not immune to the succubus kiss, but he has a stonking amount of life force. If he was immune then the kiss should not have revived her.
It really depends on the life force and succubus theory they are using. Ninomiya with normal amount of life force may be able to kiss a succubus and may not instantly die after that (like the last time). For instance if the succubus are capable of taking away their victim’s life force, they may be able to take a certain amount of life force before their victim is knocked unconscious breaking the link. Victim that had his life force sucked may have lesser life expectancy than before. Succubus gets to live longer and the victim gets to die at younger age (living a normal life). If that’s the case with Ninomiya then Mayu and Reika can kiss him a few times before he dies giving us a “My Condolences” ending .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Or, as i have been pointing out, he can be just fine as well, as we have seen him kiss Mayu in ep3 flashback and in the OP with no consequences. As such i fully believe the succubus power can be turned on/off upon need. (Minus when unconscious when it functions in auto-mode ... and for Mayu when she is freaked out).
Is it possible that rather than having a on/off mode, a very strong willed succubus may be able to restrain her more powerful succubus abilities while kissing, etc? We have already seen that Mayu (a weak willed succubus) is able to control her light abilities. Reika is able to do that subconsciously.
Old 2007-11-04, 08:22   Link #490
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Go rewatch episode 4 18:40+.
Thanks Skyfall, I thought I was going mad, I skipped through epi4 two times and couldn't find it.
Old 2007-11-04, 10:00   Link #491
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I am predicting that the leader of that army is the white hair girl with the sword in the opening, i knew all along that houjou has succubus powers, I knew it!
Old 2007-11-04, 22:53   Link #492
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I am predicting that the leader of that army is the white hair girl with the sword in the opening, i knew all along that houjou has succubus powers, I knew it!
So do you think the white hair girl is a succubus too? If she is maybe Ninomiya is the equivalent of Kobe beef compared to the rest of the mere McD patties.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:20   Link #493
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What was with the beginning? She reads a Yaoi manga and becomes a Major Yaoi mangaka at ComiKet?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-11-04, 23:29   Link #494
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What was with the beginning? She reads a Yaoi manga and becomes a Major Yaoi mangaka at ComiKet?
I believe so.
Old 2007-11-05, 01:47   Link #495
grey_moon

A very skilled yaoi artist it seems. Shame she didn't become a yuri one as then we could attribute that to the very annoying sister.

I wonder would dark Mayu come out if she reads Reika's doushinji? Mayu did fail so badly at her attempt
Old 2007-11-05, 07:51   Link #496
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I didnt expect a military intervention that was quite the nice surprise, So is the mystery of keeping a certain person's face shadowed
Old 2007-11-05, 11:48   Link #497
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Arr, some aspects of this series are just totally aggravating (rather than "funny") ... at least the core story is holding my interest.
Old 2007-11-05, 15:46   Link #498
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Anyone know how many eps this is slated for?
Old 2007-11-05, 16:10   Link #499
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
Anyone know how many eps this is slated for?
12 episodes, at least for now.
Old 2007-11-05, 20:33   Link #500
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
I'm guessing she's also not human.
At this point, I'm questioning the status of everyone but Hinako. Even before the Reika thing I suspected
Spoiler:
And what about Ryouko? If a succubus is a woman who seduces men, and an incubus is a man who seduces women... A woman who seduces women would be...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Now if we could just get the psychotically stupid 'punishment' one-joke big-sis gag under control....
Nevah!

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-11-06 at 19:44.
Closed Thread

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen