AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-27, 00:43   Link #61
Victim

While we don't see Hinata cheat, we don't really see her not cheat either. We just see her worring about Naruto. You could say that we see all the other characters cheating - but the show also explicitly points out the characters who don't cheat (Naruto because he's too stupid, and Sakura because she's too smart). Hinata is left in the void between shown to be a cheater and shown not to cheat.

Personally, I think she cheated. She had the means (Byakugan) and motive (make sure Naruto passes). While she might be hesitant about cheating (read as: doesn't cheat) in normal situations, the test was clearly a special case (not too hard to figure out that you need to cheat) and her loyalties to both Naruto and her squad would drive to extremes.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 01:01   Link #62
ChouOishii

I love the written test bit, but did anyone else think the examiner's explanation of it was a little shallow? 'in the real world, you'll have to gather information without being noticed', sure, they're ninja, but when would they ever have to do it while surrounded by people watching them to see how many times they talk to their pet bugs?
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 02:07   Link #63
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

The fact that we didn't see Hinata cheating is because she used byakugan and since they had already shown Neji it wasn't necessary to show it twice. And the best part about the written test is defenitly the existence of the moustache guy. No written test no moustache then no fun on this forum so of course it is a necessary thing
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 04:59   Link #64
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Think about how long we can go on about this...

Because they showed Neji it might have been unneeded to shown Hinata also. But because they didn'te show Hinata we'll never know. Think about it all you want, it hopeless....

But for what its worth, I think that she cheated
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 06:01   Link #65
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

What about Oro?
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 08:37   Link #66
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Maybe when YOU were 12-13, but there were 12 year olds that went to college with me. Graduated by 14. Exceptional kids can be exceptional at lots of things.
i don't mean it like that, sure there is some that are exceptional etc, but you can't know stuff if you havn't even read it. like he is a lazy bum. he doesn't open books at all and if you don't then you ain't going to learn anything, even if he could learn it fast. that is what i am saying, he is very smart but that doesn't mean that he knows everything.
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 08:39   Link #67
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Well, someone had to be the first to figure something out... Though for the shuriken question, he'd probably have to know a bit about Newton and such... There's also a couple of math terms, but I don't know them in English... But that's why I was saying Hinata and Sakura might actually be able to do them...
Old 2004-03-27, 10:55   Link #68
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Sakura, okay, but why Hinata? In the anime she isn't pictured as someone who is extremely intelligent.
Old 2004-03-27, 11:04   Link #69
Sethi
StormRider

i don't get it, what's the problem with Hinata cheating?? Wasn't the test made for that purpose, the test was made to see how good they are in retrieving information so if she is a bit smarter than Naruto she would have noticed that, and used Byakukan to get the answers, if she didn't cheated then she is almost as smart as Sakura without having that Large Forehead that is
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 11:07   Link #70
Jaz
omgwtf?!

The problem is that some people here think that Hinata didn't cheat, but most likely she did.
Old 2004-03-27, 11:14   Link #71
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Hey! What're you trying to pull? "Most likely" ?? She could have done either, but I don't think she has the personality to cheat... How do you think she would be if she got caught 5 times and be responsible for Kiba and Shino failing? Her eyes would pop out due to the massive amount of tears she'd cry...
Old 2004-03-27, 12:22   Link #72
SekiRyOu

Don't know if Hinata is smart enough to answer all the questions, but she should be smart enough to know the objective of the test. If she knows about it then cheating wouldnt have made her feel uncomfortable. So my guess is that she did what she was supposed to do, cheat.

About the questions in the paper, how many were math/physics related anyways? I only remember the shiruken one...
SekiRyOu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:30   Link #73
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekiRyOu
Don't know if Hinata is smart enough to answer all the questions, but she should be smart enough to know the objective of the test. If she knows about it then cheating wouldnt have made her feel uncomfortable. So my guess is that she did what she was supposed to do, cheat.

About the questions in the paper, how many were math/physics related anyways? I only remember the shiruken one...
Well we know all the answers were really difficult since Sasuke the Number 1 rookie couldn't answer none of them, and it's said by Ibiki himself that those questions are Chunnin level, so the only one that was able to answer that was Sakura that spends all the time with her huge forehead buried in Books, all the others i don't think they could do it, so it's pretty normal that Hinata cheated as well, because as i said before it was the test purpose.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:35   Link #74
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

She must've cheated before she talked to Naruto though, and how could Naruto not notice her!? He's so goddamn thick..
Old 2004-03-27, 12:36   Link #75
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

i didnt read the other posts but...isnt the thread's name a SPOIILER itself lol
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:38   Link #76
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Yeah, if you haven't seen Naruto at all..? This is like episode 24-25 ...

I hope you weren't being ironic.. (I'd feel so stupid answering!!)
Old 2004-03-27, 16:19   Link #77
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Well, someone had to be the first to figure something out...
i mean in general and of course someone had to figure something out first. but there is like a ton of ppl that have dedicated their life to stuff and then come up with something. it is not one person that has come up with todays mathematics and physics. it is tens of thousand ppl, and for him to have come up with that all by himself wouldn't be possible with his "low" IQ(though it is very very high but not high enough, and you need to be dedicated to those things, he doesn't care). and therefore i say that don't overestimate his abilitys, a smart person doesn't know everything just because he is smart.
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 18:22   Link #78
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
i mean in general and of course someone had to figure something out first. but there is like a ton of ppl that have dedicated their life to stuff and then come up with something. it is not one person that has come up with todays mathematics and physics. it is tens of thousand ppl, and for him to have come up with that all by himself wouldn't be possible with his "low" IQ(though it is very very high but not high enough, and you need to be dedicated to those things, he doesn't care). and therefore i say that don't overestimate his abilitys, a smart person doesn't know everything just because he is smart.
It's not like the questions involved advanced calculus, or did they .
With an IQ of over 200, shikamaru wouldn't have had that hard of a time figuring out how to solve a math problem up to about the calc 1 level. That's part of what being a genius is. Plus, as long as he attended class, he would get exposed to all the info he'd need to have a base knowledge to work out more advanced problems. Still given how lazy he is, it's far more likely he just let Ino do her mind swap thing and take the test for him. The sign of a true [lazy] genius.
Old 2004-03-27, 19:09   Link #79
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
a smart person doesn't know everything just because he is smart.
You're starting to stray from my main point... I said that there is a difference between studying and being smart... But then, when I thought of the shuriken question in the test, I thought that Shikamaru might be able to answer them, because mathematics/physics is all about reasoning and logic (which is also how you measure IQ)... Knowledge, however, will have to be studied...
Old 2004-03-27, 19:44   Link #80
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It's not like the questions involved advanced calculus, or did they .
With an IQ of over 200, shikamaru wouldn't have had that hard of a time figuring out how to solve a math problem up to about the calc 1 level. That's part of what being a genius is. Plus, as long as he attended class, he would get exposed to all the info he'd need to have a base knowledge to work out more advanced problems. Still given how lazy he is, it's far more likely he just let Ino do her mind swap thing and take the test for him. The sign of a true [lazy] genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
You're starting to stray from my main point... I said that there is a difference between studying and being smart... But then, when I thought of the shuriken question in the test, I thought that Shikamaru might be able to answer them, because mathematics/physics is all about reasoning and logic (which is also how you measure IQ)... Knowledge, however, will have to be studied...

Shikamaru's geinus-ness isn't book oriented, but rather in tactics.
He has a good sense of how people will react, can judge strengths and weaknesses, and can formulate battle plans, of which none really have to do with geometry, chemistry, lingustics, etc.

The question(s) Sakura answered - she said that the question involved both a high level of book smarts AND experience, which almost no one at the Genin level had. If you haven't studied physics, you can't piece together what's going on no matter what your IQ is.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote