AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 01:25   Link #1
cyth
Banned

Nichijou

Kyoto Animation will supposedly animate Arawi Keiichi Nichijou manga about an insane group of high school students.

Just what we need, more idiotic slice-of-life.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 05:14   Link #2
NeoSam

I love comedy and slice-of-life manga >_<
Old 2010-05-22, 05:25   Link #3
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Kyoto Animation will supposedly animate Arawi Keiichi Nichijou manga about an insane group of high school students.

& now all we need is another moe dance!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 05:52   Link #4
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I wish KyoAni would pick up other things that isn't moe for once, something with sophisticated plot, action and romance...

Ok, yup I know I'm definitely tuning in the wrong channel.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 05:54   Link #5
cyth
Banned

After dropping 801-chan things just seem to be going downhill for them content-wise.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 07:33   Link #6
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I wish KyoAni would pick up other things that isn't moe for once, something with sophisticated plot, action and romance...
Genres: Action, Comedy, Dementia, Slice of Live
Demographic: Shounen

But yeah. I know what you mean.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 09:48   Link #7
Falkor

funny how everyone assumes that it's going to be "another 'moe' series" just because kyoani is involved...

anyway, the manga reminds me a bit of azumanga/yotsubato. the humor is definitely along these lines---sometimes crazy and absurd, sometimes slice-of-life-ish. might be interesting to see how they handle this kind of humor.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 09:58   Link #8
Horse

My impression from the manga covers: KyoAni getting into SHAFTs yard?
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 11:43   Link #9
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Well, I love slice-of-life so I'm not complaining.
But by the looks of it, it doesn't look that interesting to me. I never read Yotsubato but I've seen some of Azumanga Daioh & it was alright.

But who knows how this new series will turn out.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 12:57   Link #10
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
funny how everyone assumes that it's going to be "another 'moe' series" just because kyoani is involved...
Can't blame us for stereotyping this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
I smiled a bit reading this.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:45   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

It is said that the best way to portray weirdness is to do it with a completely straight face. That looks to be the case here. While its financial success is almost assured, I'm just in it for a laugh.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 23:53   Link #12
Kakkou
Tch.

Honestly KyoAni should leave these types of shows to other studios and just get working on something that reflects their potential of making gorgeous and awesome animation. Oh, and by that I meant adaptations. They should never be allowed to make their own original productions after how Munto turned out.

Having said that, I am interested in the premise, just not so glad KyoAni picked it up.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 10:20   Link #13
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Let's see if I got this straight. A studio that I'm fond of is going to animate a manga that I've read nine chapters of and am liking so far? Clearly, there is only one conclusion I can come to. This is good news for me.
Old 2010-05-23, 11:36   Link #14
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

After reading some of it...it seems like an extreme version of Azumanga Daioh (situation wise...because Azumanga's situation were generally normal). The art work is close to Azumanga in style. Of the four main characters (I guess) one looks a little like Chiyo, one looks and acts a little like Tomo if she was gold haired, and one looks and acts a little like "Osaka". The fouth is the odd one. Doesn't fit any Azumanga roll (unless you think of her as a mix between Yomi, Sakaki, and the biting cat...long hair, quiet, glasses, weird sense of humor that is often directed at one character).

An we all thought Lucky Star was KyoAni's Azumanga....this...this will be more so...but still different. (This is JC Staff terrritory by the way...since Azumanga was animated by JC Staff).

And by extreme situation...I mean extreme and bizarre. It isn't Shaft's Pani Poni Dash weird/random though....at least...not yet.
Old 2010-05-24, 03:55   Link #15
M.Marangio

The 6th manga volume of Nichijou will have a limited edition bundled with anime episode 0. Release date is January 2011.

Link: ANN
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 06:05   Link #16
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
After reading some of it...it seems like an extreme version of Azumanga Daioh (situation wise...because Azumanga's situation were generally normal). The art work is close to Azumanga in style.
I agree that the art style is very very much like AD, but I don't see any similarity in the characters.

They do share a weirdness factor. AD had Oosaka's weird dreams and Chiyo-chichi; Nichijou has:
Spoiler for weird stuff in Nichijou:
It's funny and I like it.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-05-24 at 17:16.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 02:00   Link #17
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post

KyoAni loves it's cash cows but really are they ever going to animate anything else or do they want to continue to animate more moe slice of life until they die off?

Well I don't know what this is about but I can guess what will happen. May watch it.

So now based on the title and using special goggles I shall come up with a new plot.

Ni chi jou- After eating a bun with the special 'Jou' plant, a girl named Akiko finds herself swapping bodies with a famous leader like say Zimbawe's Robert Mugabe. So now, follow the shenanigans of Akiko as every day we gain a satirical look at world politics as a 16 year old girl is suddenly thrust into a leadership position as she attempts to manage the country as best she could for one day.

As Akiko constantly eats this bun non-stop everday, she trades body with another politician everyday. At the end of each episode is a 5 minute short showing how said politician deals with life as a 16 year old Japanese schoolgirl. Yes Mugabe as a schoolgirl will have her skirt flipped.

Ni-Chijou: Follows the story of a soldier in the IJA and an sailor in the IJN as they participate in the Russo-Japanese War.

Nichijou: A day by day diary account of civilians living in Soviet-occupied Hokkaido.

But...if we were to lean towards Japan's tastes, let us now comproise
Nichijou: Based on The Reagan Diaries, a day to day account of a genderbent version of the President; Ronalda Reagan. Ronalda is a genki girl who hate the Communist Student Council who has taken over half the school. And so she manages to win a Capitalist Student Council Election over shrinking violet Jamie Carter. Ronalda then begins an aggressive campaign of bully...I mean rolling back communist takeover of classes such as G-1 and supporting like-minded partisans in classes like N-3 And A-5 as well as attempting to build a Missile Defense System. Helping Ronalda out is Maggie Thatcher, The Iron Titties Woman. The Scool War then cools down with the rise of tsundere Yekaterina Gorbychev who begins reforming the Communist Student Council's part of the school after a string of Presidents like Yuriko Andropov, Konstantina Chernenskaya and Anya Gromyskaya. One of these new policies is to say My Way to class presidents in C-3 and E-5.5. E-5 as a result reunites with E-5 and soon Class Presidents in C-3 and R-8 are quickly overthrown.

Thankfully though, Yekaterina who after much negotiation (it's not like I'm reducing my missiles because I like you or anything. Got it, Ronalda?) signs the ART treaty. The end of the series shows Ronalda leaving her job and over in East School the collapse of the Student Council after B-1, B-2 and B-3 declare independence and a failed coup against Yekaterina which was defeated thanks to Viktoriya Yeltsin (hard-drinking moe)

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-05-25 at 02:26.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:51   Link #18
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Well Bakemonogatari did beat them in the sale department.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 17:46   Link #19
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Huh, who would've thought Nichijou would be adapted. I enjoyed it thoroughly but its humor is a bit off the left field. It'd be interesting to see the audience reaction.

The AzuMa/Nichijou comparison and KyoAni hate posts will run rampant.
Circlebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 00:07   Link #20
wingman32x

Well, it's a KyoAni slice of life, so I'll at least try it. It looks pretty weird though...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life