AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-07, 08:39   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As someone who actually liked parts of Amagami SS this was... just boring. Doesn't help that the MC's testicles haven't descended into his scrotum yet(whatever his name is). At least Junichi Tachibana was interesting for his ridiculous testosterone fueled imagination. I also agree with the sentiment that it feels like the episode started in the middle of an ongoing story arc.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 11:08   Link #22
Ulin

Nothing to highlight in the episode so far... pretty generic for me, and I got the feeling that I should know something about the characters but... I don't know, I guess I will give it a couple of episodes more and see.

Is it supossed to be a multi-heroine anime or something? or will Tsuneki be the MH being the others just satellite love interests?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 13:52   Link #23
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I'll just wait until my wincest route

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 13:53   Link #24
Darthtabby

That OP for this series almost seems like it belongs in a yuri anime. Just cut out the two or three shots that include male characters.

Its been a long time since I watched the first season of Amigami SS (lets pretend its sequel doesn't exist). But from what I remember Seiren seems weak in comparison -this first episode seemed a bit scattered and disjointed, and I don't like the artwork as much. Of course its probably worth remembering that the first arc in Amagami was Haruka's and she was my favorite heroine (I felt the series got weaker after her and Kaori's arcs).

Does anyone think it would have been interesting if they'd made Ai's brother the main character?

Of the romance series I've sampled so far this season I'm inclined to give Fuuka the nod over this one. Fuuka has the advantage of having aired two episodes however while this show has only had one (and my impression of Fuuka improved as it went along).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 15:46   Link #25
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

IMO I like this MC better than his predecessor. More down to earth and less of a fetish pervert In fact the girls are like using foul language and saying stuff. But who knows, maybe he will turn out to be one in the later episode haha.

Man Tsuneki is so damn cute though. Mad props to the character designer and the studio.

Also did anyone mention how the senpai dude is like a flawless man?
>Popular and nice
>Got beat up in a fighting game but chose to learn and not dodge, ended up going back for rematch
>Ton of girls in the mixer? Meh, he rather stays at home to look after his cute rabbits
>Taking over his family business (sort of nice I guess?)
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 17:10   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
IMO I like this MC better than his predecessor. More down to earth and less of a fetish pervert In fact the girls are like using foul language and saying stuff. But who knows, maybe he will turn out to be one in the later episode haha.

Man Tsuneki is so damn cute though. Mad props to the character designer and the studio.

Also did anyone mention how the senpai dude is like a flawless man?
>Popular and nice
>Got beat up in a fighting game but chose to learn and not dodge, ended up going back for rematch
>Ton of girls in the mixer? Meh, he rather stays at home to look after his cute rabbits
>Taking over his family business (sort of nice I guess?)
Yeah in comparison to the previous lead, I like this guy a bit more. Not as much emotional baggage, not as much of a pervert (although...he was looking at that desk for a good while ), and feels a bit more normal than Junichi. But to be fair this is one episode of the first arc. So we'll have to see how the story fleshes him out.

One major improvement is that I think Ikuo is a much more stable "best friend." He is a lot calmer and honestly I'm not worried about this guy being forever alone .

So far I do like Tsuneki. All kinds of curious why she was climbing through a window at the end of this episode though.
Old 2017-01-07, 17:17   Link #27
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah in comparison to the previous lead, I like this guy a bit more. Not as much emotional baggage, not as much of a pervert (although...he was looking at that desk for a good while ), and feels a bit more normal than Junichi. But to be fair this is one episode of the first arc. So we'll have to see how the story fleshes him out.

One major improvement is that I think Ikuo is a much more stable "best friend." He is a lot calmer and honestly I'm not worried about this guy being forever alone .

So far I do like Tsuneki. All kinds of curious why she was climbing through a window at the end of this episode though.
I think both are realistically normal in their own way. After all, how many guys didn't have perverted thoughts about girls based on their fetish in school?

The suspension of disbelief is much more the girls actually allowing the guy to do things with them at school like that (like Haruka and Kaoru letting Junichi kiss them in places), lol.

I really do like Tsuneki's personality though, and the Ringu style of climbing into his room was funny.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 18:27   Link #28
Seihai
スマイリウム

Tsuneki's ass leaves an impression on desks, I got that much. It's only a matter of time before desks get replaced by faces.
Old 2017-01-07, 18:36   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Count me in as someone else that saw this as a decent start. Tsuneki is likable enough and they establish why she seems to like messing with the MC along with why she started messing with him in the first place.

Staring at the impression a girl's butt left on desk? First time I've seen that.
Old 2017-01-07, 19:47   Link #30
Top Sergeant

Not sure what to make of it yet, but I'll certainly watch it again.

I was a bit surprised at a couple of the suggestive shots in the ED, especially the banana
Old 2017-01-08, 05:14   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Well, I have to say that it feels like a successor to Amagami. Of course, I'm curious to see if Shouichi Kamita score a date with Hikari Tsuneki right after explaining how she sneaked-in to the hotel.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 07:58   Link #32
Arya

mmm, while the vibes are surely the ones of Amagami SS, the characters seem far from being interesting. Letting aside the MC, his friend seems more MC material than him, at first sight the first girl here would have ranked among the last of the original Amagami (of which only Haruka and the last girl were really interesting for me).
Oh, by the way I didn't know there were a second season of Amagami.
I'll stick around to see what are the hidden pros of the MC and if there's some interesting girl. I wonder if his sister will be part of it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 08:16   Link #33
Ulin

Since I haven't watched Amagami I don't know how this works. The story will deep going while he keeps winning girls over or will the story reset itself like in a VN showing the different possibilities?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 08:34   Link #34
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Since I haven't watched Amagami I don't know how this works. The story will deep going while he keeps winning girls over or will the story reset itself like in a VN showing the different possibilities?
The latter.
Old 2017-01-08, 09:40   Link #35
Arya

Known as omnibus format. And personally not a fan.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 11:23   Link #36
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Known as omnibus format. And personally not a fan.
I'm a bit half and half.

On one hand, it allows the MC to have a path with all the girls and all of them would technically be canon, so fans of any of the pairings will get to have their ending.

On the other hand, when it comes to an anime version anyway, unless the series is a decent length, it puts a restriction on the number of episodes dedicated to each girl that all need to have a decent amount of development, so in this case, like with Amagami SS, that's four episodes per girl, and then one has to consider what their backgrounds are, situations that arise, and such, so things can very easily end up rushed and not developed enough.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 12:11   Link #37
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not a big fan of the omnibus format, generally speaking. That said i thought the first Amagami series did it about as well as any romance anime has.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 12:47   Link #38
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was actually a good first episode. I wish they would have slow down on the pacing since it kinda jump right in the middle of the action. Tsuneki, I like her already. MC is pretty cool, I thought he was going to be much worse than I thought he would be.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 13:39   Link #39
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wincest would be great, but we're probably not going to get it. show seems interesting enough to keep watching though. i hope it's as good as hatsukoi.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 14:21   Link #40
Darthtabby

IMO omnibus format works well for dating sim adaptations like this and Amagami. It avoids turning things into a harem situation where you have six plus girls constantly tripping over each other competing for screen time and the MC.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, omnibus project, romcom