AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-06-10, 13:41   Link #1
sayde

Dragon Ball FighterZ

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/09...s-coming-2018/

Take DBZ, combine it with an Arc Systems fighting engine and unique 2.5D Guilty Gear Xrd visuals, and add a 3-on-3 component, and what may result sounds like an extremely promising fighting game with tons of depth that might look and play amazingly well.

I couldn't be more hyped this. Hopefully we get more news and a trailer during E3.

*edit#2*
Gameplay vids:
Spoiler for gameplay:

Last edited by sayde; 2017-06-12 at 19:45.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 15:09   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The time has come to revive the glory of Budokai 2 and give it the flare it needs to rise up to the level of...well, other Arc System Works games! Very hyped about this.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 23:00   Link #3
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Woaa now this is what DBZ fighting game that I'm looking for! And looks like we can transform in-battle too, max hype!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 00:35   Link #4
sayde

Ben Moore from a group I watch (easy allies) put it best. And I'm paraphrasing a bit, but he basically said this looks like the DBZ game you always imagined and wanted growing up as kid but ended up settling for less along the way with the various Budokai and Xenoverse games. That's not to say they were all necessarily bad, but this looks to be taking DBZ fighting games to a whole new level both visually and competitively. Arc Systems seems like they're really trying to compete with the Marvel vs Capcom scene with this.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 01:52   Link #5
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

2D side scrolling arcade?
never fan for this battle type.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 06:07   Link #6
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I watched gameplay on a stream from V-Jump.
Mechanically it seems to be a mix of Guilty Gear and Capcom VS series. There's tags and assists... and what appear to be "Dusts" from GG. Aside from dealing and taking, meter can be charged using a "ki charge" move like in the anime where they scream and have an aura. You can also gain meter by moving forward, just like in Guilty Gear. You can have multiple levels of meter, up to level 7. The game has bursts like in Guilty Gear and BlazBlue but they're called "Sparking!!!" instead.

When you defeat a member of the enemy team, there's a transition animation when the next opponent clashes with your fighter and you reset to the middle of the stage; kinda like it's a new round, but the timer and health amounts remain the same. The cooldown on tags/assists resets when this happens though.

Attacks can have VERY visible effects on the stage. In fact, depending on how you defeat an opponent on the Planet Namek stage, it can turn the stage into a hellscape for when the next opponent on the other team shows up.

Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 just for a super kamehameha move, but Frieza can go "Golden Frieza" in a similar manner to Sol's dragon install.

More info on the game (including more playable characters besides the 6 we know) to come in the next issue of V-Jump on June 21st.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2017-06-12 at 06:52.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 08:14   Link #7
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

If this is as good as it looks, it only needs (for me) a good roster and netcode so online isn't awful.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 02:30   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hyped though I may be, the roster will most likely be as bad as that of the other games. Let's be honest, it's Dragonball, there's already way too many characters to include...and with the super series currently running, said roster is only increasing in size. It's incredibly difficult to come up with truly unique movesets when faced with so many characters to create.

At least the fighting will be good! From what I see, it is indeed a step away from the tactical battle sim that the Tenkaichi series brought to life, and goes back to reflex combat based on juggles, assists, counters, well-timed finishers and move cancels. It's not an Arc System Works game without cancels :P
Old 2017-06-13, 09:32   Link #9
Senpuu

Preorder is available on Amazon, $59.99 USD.

Gameplay from Bandai:

Control scheme:

(source: https://www.dbzgames.org/news/dragon...ontrol-scheme/)

HYPE! :O

Last edited by Senpuu; 2019-03-23 at 10:32.
Senpuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 09:45   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

Really hyped for this, considering how subpar the new Marvel looks this is something to really look forward to next year.

Roster size I can't see being too big... I think someone on reddit kappa worked out by the character select screen that they can fit 24 characters on... so lets go with that.....

Confirmed - Goku, Vegeta, Teenage Gohan, Freeza, Cell, Fat Buu....

Now if I had to guess the other 18.....

Locks - SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, SSR Goku Black, Beerus, Merged Zamasu, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Hit, Ultimate Gohan, Piccolo, Kid Buu

Maybe - 17, 18, Vegito, Krillin, Whis, Broli

And depending on how much they wanna push the latest arc.....

Kale, Caulifla, Jiren, Toppo (he was dabbing before the fight got stopped, it was bout to get lit)

Can't see both Kale and Broli being in the shipped game...

Hopefully Caulifla makes it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 09:57   Link #11
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't count on any characters from the current Super arc without DLC. Nor would I count on Krillin, although the others are reasonable because it looks like they're just going for the big characters. It'd be surprising but they could put in movie/GT characters, although I'm sure DB characters have no chance.
Old 2017-06-13, 09:59   Link #12
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is weird to see that people is exciting for a 2D fighting game. I guess in the end, 2D is the true palette for fighting game.

I wonder will Naruto game follows the same?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 10:04   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The battle sims are fine too, but the DB franchise hasn't had a 2D title since...2005, I think? Plus it comes from a very promising company, if Revelator is anything to go by. It's not that the previous games were bad - on the other hand, I appreciate the XV series for what it offered, but instead of making a third numbered title with little difference, considering that there isn't enough time for a massive overhaul yet again, going back to the roots seems like the best thing to do.
Old 2017-06-13, 10:07   Link #14
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Xenoverse 3 is still happening, they already confirmed it. It's just that the series has now been overshadowed by this.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:20   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Didn't know about that. I will truly be surprised if it is received without the same amount of criticism as its predecessors, though.
Old 2017-06-13, 15:37   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It is weird to see that people is exciting for a 2D fighting game. I guess in the end, 2D is the true palette for fighting game.

I wonder will Naruto game follows the same?
It's the combination between 3D and 2D what drew people in. There are various games with this style like Persona 4 Arena.

Meanwhile, CyberConnect2 is now busy with remaking .hack//GU so I guess the Naruto IP will be taken by another company.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 00:05   Link #17
Sixth
Hu Tao

But one thing for sure. This game looks excellent than MvC: Infinite.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 17:46   Link #18
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
It's the combination between 3D and 2D what drew people in. There are various games with this style like Persona 4 Arena.

Meanwhile, CyberConnect2 is now busy with remaking .hack//GU so I guess the Naruto IP will be taken by another company.
It's actually all 3D but they somehow manage to blend it to make look 2D. That's why there is a huge interest in Arcs system games lately outside the normal fighting circuit for whatever devilry they pull to make a 3D game look like 2D.

2D games are actually painstakingly difficult to make as a fighting game because of all the frames you need to manually and draw and edit.
Old 2017-06-15, 06:31   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope they put in the new gals.

We'll definally get big players from Goku to android 16(likely brawler) and Super characters from Hit to Kale.

Arcsys isn't stupid enough to release copy pastes like Frieza Grunt.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2017-06-15 at 06:59.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 11:32   Link #20
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ben Moore from a group I watch (easy allies) put it best. And I'm paraphrasing a bit, but he basically said this looks like the DBZ game you always imagined and wanted growing up as kid but ended up settling for less along the way with the various Budokai and Xenoverse games. That's not to say they were all necessarily bad, but this looks to be taking DBZ fighting games to a whole new level both visually and competitively. Arc Systems seems like they're really trying to compete with the Marvel vs Capcom scene with this.
I love Easy Allies. Their E3 impression streams have been great and hilarious.

--

The game has been confirmed to have both English and Japanese voices, so that's cool.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote