Notices

Old 2008-04-02, 21:59   Link #3881
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
0 and O is interchangeable. They are both round and they pretty much look the same if you use a Japanese character set. In fact, the Japanese publications use them interchangeably.

So really, who cares?
No, O is a letter when the suit is named after a number, 0. Publications haven't been using them interchangeably as of late because they stated 0 Gundam. That, and the proof is in the pudding with the show. 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam. It's not OO Gundam :/

People can't seem to comprehend that when they say daburu oh, they aren't saying OO. 0079 is pronounced the same way, yet people don't go OO79. :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:12   Link #3882
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1 engine goes TransAm.
In that time, the other engine just keeps recharging the GN collection. When the first engine's TransAm wears off, the second one goes TransAm. When the second TransAm wears off the first engine can use TransAm again.

Etc. etc. etc... just keep switching off.
Uhhh no actually if the engine's creation rate matches or exceeds that of the release rate then the Transam system can maintain itself indefintely by your definition.

Transam works by releasing all 'stored' particles and by the looks of it it drains it at an exponential rate. Meaning you'll need at least several engines to match that exponentially to maintain the same amount of GN particles that were originally stored.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:28   Link #3883
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
No, O is a letter when the suit is named after a number, 0. Publications haven't been using them interchangeably as of late because they stated 0 Gundam. That, and the proof is in the pudding with the show. 0 Gundam and 00 Gundam. It's not OO Gundam :/

People can't seem to comprehend that when they say daburu oh, they aren't saying OO. 0079 is pronounced the same way, yet people don't go OO79. :/
We could cry all day long about this. Its Gundam daburu "Oh". Not Gundam daburu "Zero". Jap CHARsets use a zero so it is different.

0079 is a number BTW....
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 22:37   Link #3884
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Oh "people" comprehend alright, in fact, we knew that LONG before you decided to stuff this down our throats (and IIRC this isn't the first time either)... Its just that IT DOESN'T MATTER to most. In my case, I prefer typing "O Gundam" because it plains LOOK better than "0 Gundam", while "00 Gundam" looks better than "OO Gundam". So what if O is a letter and 0 is a number? You handwrite them the exact same way! And they can be pronounced the same! Who cares?
Old 2008-04-03, 04:25   Link #3885
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I find it funny how some people on this forum just tend to stck to sh*tty reasons just to take down those who somehow annoy them with their opinions or tastes.

Deacon Blues - just give Demongod a break. Your surprisingly personal approach to it is getting even more annoying than D-KLAC's spamposts.

I always write 00, so what the heck...

--

Hey, and one question guys. Is the 0 Gundam spelled "Oh" Gundam or "Zero" Gundam?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 04:29   Link #3886
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
--

Hey, and one question guys. Is the 0 Gundam spelled "Oh" Gundam or "Zero" Gundam?
As pronounced by Wang in the last episode, it's 'Oh'.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:05   Link #3887
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
They said that O Gundam's GN Drive didn't work with 00, but wondered if Exia's could. What was the reason for this incompatibility?
Only reason I can come up with is that the 0 Gundam's GN Drive was the first one and isn't as advanced as the one constructed afterwards. It probably explains why they didn't use it for the 3rd gen suits as well.
Old 2008-04-03, 11:18   Link #3888
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Either that or its dimensions do not correspond with that of the cavity inside the 00's chest section - seeing that it's a first generation and 00 is likely a fourth one, it should come as no surprise if CB's engineers came with other modularity standards or newer designs, either for the power transmission plugs/connectors or merely the furnace's size. Of course, if he hypothesize that all GN drives were created at the same date and that there is no divergence between each other, it merely comes down to the equipment they added on to fit inside the Gundam's torsos.

It also surprises me that with so few TD blanket-equipped drives lying around, Aeolia's 'faction' didn't bother sending a second ship to Jupiter to build more furnaces. Makes you really wonder whether CB is as financially or manpower-wise powerful. All things considered, it's possible that CB's ranks thinned out as decades flew by and the old crew died one by one, leaving less and less 'reliable' people to pursue Aeolia's dream...like a skeleton crew inheriting the old crowd's treasures.

And Deacon...who cares? You'll notice that while I do make the effort of writing '00' instead of 'OO' because I'm a stickler when it comes to spelling, either choice still doesn't herald the end of the world. The seiyuus will (and so will the audience after watching the eps) always pronounce it 'double-oh' or 'oh gundam' but as long as the general meaning is transmitted, it's not that bad an issue. We can still identify which suit is the center of the topic. If the users you wish to lambast persist in spelling it that way, then let them be and forget it. I still see several users writing 'Leolouch' or 'Leulouch' instead of 'Lelouch'; I know they're wrong but it's not worth an ulcer or a post (I should still concede that at one point I did have to correct people who kept typing 'Suzuka' instead of 'Suzaku' but my reasons for this were a bit more obvious IMHO). Now, could we put an end to it and return to the previous topics?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-04-03 at 14:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 14:27   Link #3889
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I find it funny how some people on this forum just tend to stck to sh*tty reasons just to take down those who somehow annoy them with their opinions or tastes.

Deacon Blues - just give Demongod a break. Your surprisingly personal approach to it is getting even more annoying than D-KLAC's spamposts.

I always write 00, so what the heck...

--

Uh, I was talking to brightman, not Demongod. 00 is correct. The name of the Gundam is "0 Gundam".

Quote:
Its just that IT DOESN'T MATTER to most. In my case, I prefer typing "O Gundam" because it plains LOOK better than "0 Gundam", while "00 Gundam" looks better than "OO Gundam". So what if O is a letter and 0 is a number? You handwrite them the exact same way! And they can be pronounced the same! Who cares?
Considering that, well, OO is wrong. It's that simple.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2008-04-03, 14:52   Link #3890
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1 engine goes TransAm.
In that time, the other engine just keeps recharging the GN collection. When the first engine's TransAm wears off, the second one goes TransAm. When the second TransAm wears off the first engine can use TransAm again.

Etc. etc. etc... just keep switching off.
I mentioned that a long time ago. Seemed like no one noticed.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:16   Link #3891
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Somehow i really doubt it would take mere 3 minutes for the first GN drive to recharge to even normal operational standards, never mind going Trans-Am straight away. From the looks of it it takes at least several hours for recharge, so no amounts of switching drives is going to help. And just how many GN Drives you plan on sticking on one unit anyway - the things are pretty limited in number after all.
Old 2008-04-03, 16:24   Link #3892
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Uh, I was talking to brightman, not Demongod. 00 is correct. The name of the Gundam is "0 Gundam".
Yeah, my mistake. I apologize you for that.

So we pronounce it "Oh", huh? Well, maybe they did not want it to bear any connotations to "Wing Zero"
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 21:28   Link #3893
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Considering that, well, OO is wrong. It's that simple.
There's a reason why Sunrise registered both www.gundam00.net and www.gundamoo.net. There is no difference between 00 and OO. Just like there's no difference between "Victory Gundam" and "V Gundam" or "Gundam Wing" and "Gundam W". End of story.
Old 2008-04-03, 23:47   Link #3894
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
There's a reason why Sunrise registered both www.gundam00.net and www.gundamoo.net. There is no difference between 00 and OO. Just like there's no difference between "Victory Gundam" and "V Gundam" or "Gundam Wing" and "Gundam W". End of story.
Probably because they new that people like Afe would go seizing up the domains for a horrible site like his. It's not all that unheard of. There is a difference. OO is wrong as is O. The show proves it with the (omg) numbers on the Gundam doors. [redundant part removed by a moderator]

Old 2008-04-04, 02:05   Link #3895
whispo
The Reaper

So this is what we do once the series has come to a (temporary) end? Have a fight about the grammar O.o ? C'mon people stop wasting forum posts.

I'm just dying to see 00 gundam, I soooo hope it has a nice sword . Bah where are those damn leaks when you need them :O
whispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 03:14   Link #3896
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Me wonders what happened to Lockon's twin brother. He made one cameo and never appeared again. Perhaps they're planning to make use of him in the second season.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 04:28   Link #3897
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Probably because they new that people like Afe would go seizing up the domains for a horrible site like his. It's not all that unheard of. There is a difference. OO is wrong as is O. The show proves it with the (omg) numbers on the Gundam doors. [redundant part removed by a moderator]
So, you are claiming to have a better grasp on what the title should be that Sunrise itself ? And i would advise you ease up on the insults you seem to be so fond of, as if they make your point any more credible. Personally i use 00, but since the title is not "zero", it can be taken both ways. Yes, 00 does seem more "correct", but neither is OO "wrong".
Old 2008-04-04, 07:56   Link #3898
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 Vol. 3 first week sales
Oricon has Gundam 00 Vol. 3 coming in at #5 on the overall DVD chart and #1 on the anime DVD chart. Info from 2ch says it sold 25,135 copies.

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 10:52   Link #3899
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
So, you are claiming to have a better grasp on what the title should be that Sunrise itself ? And i would advise you ease up on the insults you seem to be so fond of, as if they make your point any more credible. Personally i use 00, but since the title is not "zero", it can be taken both ways. Yes, 00 does seem more "correct", but neither is OO "wrong".
oo7 James Bond
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 11:15   Link #3900
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Most people are getting it confused/are being so hellbent insistent upon their rendition because of the way the Japanese pronounce it. Generally if you are saying zero in Japanese, you use either rei, maru, or "zero". However, because of the 00 (as I've said, much like the double zero used in the UC timeline), it's pronounced "double oh". The same thing happens in English, and k//eternal provided a great example.

Whenever someone refers to Bond by his nick, it's 007, or "double oh seven". We know that this is 007 and not OO7. It's the same as when you are reading off numbers as well. Some people say 050 as 'oh five oh' while others say 'zero five zero'. The point being is that official information has come out that has stated that it is a zero, both for the title as well as the Gundam name, yet fans seem to think that they know it's an O come hell or high water.

Tags
spoilers