AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-21, 02:16   Link #2441
tresor

Darker Than Black Wrap Up

>> listening to A State of Trance Episode 315<<
I retranslated the lead-in, preview for the last episode 24 into 25. I added 2 lines to the beginning and the end and bridged the middle part to make it more coherent. I was always going to look into that 1, and I was taken prisoner at a tedious play a couple of weeks ago, so I did it then.

"The Dreams that connect the heart with the soul
cast a Shining Light out into the world."
The light within his heart that stopped shining
Is the light of hell that is darker than black.
And The Rational Choices "and Clauses that complete this contract
Illuminate His Opaque Body." -"" by tresor

Religious References to the above, yes once again go back to Egypt, like FMA did to the original alchemist Cleopatra. I like the "out into" contradiction that I made.
The idea of the light not shining in the heart go back to Egypt, the first 2 lines are a bridge from the Egyptian religion to my religion Roman Catholicism. I also wanted to reconnect the heart with the soul, which in DtB were separated by Contractors and dolls.
I like the last line because it is a play on words, with the Illuminate, Alumina (Death Note), Illuminati (which is also referenced in the prophet/Huang episodes), moving away from this whole conspiracy thing back to a more personal (Opaque/Dense & Dumb is Hei), personal choices.

I like the last CD picture the best w/Hei & the White Doves with the title all in white Darker Than Black. I think it is an homage to his sister and a good piece of phony redemption.

I don't know if anyone saw the wrap up booklet that came out at the end of last year with the poster of Amber (regular age, probably 22 or whatever, but I could have that wrong), Hei, Yin holding the cat formerly known as Mao. I think that poster indicates that this is endless circle of darkness. This will tie into the last factual point below.

I think the second season should include a bunch of phony redemption that all falls apart at the end of the season... like Whistler. I sort of liked the picture of Yin though at the end of the last episode, I recall her looking more modern, which really did not show in the poster.

Of course the off the wall theory pans in...
Another 1, that I don't like as much, was kind of a of the wall theory that I wrote down but deleted in a post, but I think has panned in. If you look at BK, BK is the symbol for Berkelium (Bk). I didn't really have anywhere to go w/ that 1, but I recently educated to the fact that Russians (see Amber) use BK in combo w/ Plutonium and 1 other thing to make a really nasty bomb. Also, the lines about keeping Hei and Amber apart, literally mean keeping China and Russia apart, which recently has become the number 1 fear of the world, that if China and Russia ever get together then... + nuclear energy is used to create electricity (Hei) in "peaceful" Nuclear Power Plants, like those in ...China.
+ for once Japan's idea of being in the center would be true as Japan would be between China and Russia and east & west. Which side would Japan take?

Here is another thing, Hei represents a student, and I think this turned out to be very intentional, if you look at BK but then there is the 201, 201's symbol is BNU which type it into google and the first result is: BeiJing Normal University. A recent
fact that came out last summer was the something called the Chinese Secret Society claims to use professors and others in the academia as its most favorite front. It would seem to add up, as no one really knows what Hei is really all about and membership in that organization would explain that.

I'm not really into the cult/conspiracy theory stuff so I am just getting up to speed, but looking back at Blood Cross, the family involved there, The Code Geass idea of the British controlling via nightmares, and in Eureka Seven the Orange revolution, which seems to be a favorite of the conspiracy set (see Orange Revolution/fiasco in the Ukraine recently & the historical in Britain, try William of Orange conspiracy.
Like I said, not really interested in this part, but the geopolitical situation with Russia, China & Japan is interesting. I prefer the more personal religious spiritual aspects like the translation/enhancement I did for 24-25. Like the final minutes of Whistler singing "the way you are, the way you are, you were." with Quinn & Carrie kissing on the lift. Good hook back to the Hei/Pei DVD cover.

point of reference Whistler (the best TV show evar) is a CTV show which was canceled on April 4,
but its "s equal" The Listener airs on NBC in the fall.

Last edited by tresor; 2008-04-21 at 02:42.
Old 2008-04-26, 07:35   Link #2442
Jujulapetoch
Teddybear

Just don't understand one thing :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
>>
I think the second season should include a bunch of phony redemption that all falls apart at the end of the season... like Whistler.
So, there will be another season of Darker than Black ? (sry, I can't speak english very well, so maybe I didn't understand this sentence as I had to... )
Old 2008-04-26, 07:43   Link #2443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujulapetoch View Post
So, there will be another season of Darker than Black ?
Second season has not been announced, so not it's not happening until something official has been said.
Old 2008-04-26, 08:34   Link #2444
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Hmmm... Just finished watching ep26...
So it was an OVA...
I thought it was the continuation of the last episode cause it said episode 26...
And because we still didnt know what happen to Hei after all of that event... (or do you know?)
Ahh... I thought that I can see Amber again.... -_-
Old 2008-04-26, 09:21   Link #2445
Jujulapetoch
Teddybear

Ok, thanks Shiroth.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:13   Link #2446
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah no second season.

Also, am I the only that doesn't ever get what ressor is saying? No offense..but what you say never makes any sense to me.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:32   Link #2447
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I dont understand him neither....... some times i feel that he overthink things, yes we can find a background for a lot of thinks but... come on!
Old 2008-05-04, 16:28   Link #2448
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
OMG episode 26 so hilarious
and i really happy that i can see Hei with sleeveless shirt ^_^
Not to mention his "delicious collarbones" lol!

The quality wasn't as high as the other episode, but it was still very good.
Old 2008-05-05, 05:39   Link #2449
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
but that episode 26 disappointed me a little bit
because at there we don't know Hei is going back to his hometown or still on Japan
Old 2008-05-05, 07:41   Link #2450
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
because at there we don't know Hei is going back to his hometown or still on Japan
The DVD episode was never meant to show more closure to the series. You're asking quite a lot if you had that in mind going into it.
Old 2008-05-05, 08:05   Link #2451
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

it would have been great if they have created some sort of closure for the series if they are not planning to create a season 2 or something.

well if they are, BANZAI!
Old 2008-07-01, 01:35   Link #2452
Hedd
Random Object

So I was watching the series again and something perked up. The setting isn't finished. While Hei's story is tied up fairly satisfyingly there are alot of unknowns about the setting itself. Nothing is explained of the Gates, their history (other than the catastrophic events), the details of the sky cover or anything of that. The mystery was an excellent touch to build up character development though it's leaves very ripe for a spin off.

I personally don't want to see a "second season" per say as much as an unrelated contractor in an unrelated metaplot existing in the same setting to explore the history of the Gate and contractors themselves. If Hei needs to cameo on an episode or two, it's to be expected for fan service, though I'd really like it to focus more on the setting. I find it incredibly interesting.
Old 2008-07-03, 08:20   Link #2453
Solafighter
Hige

I just finished watching yesterday night this series.
I love it.

My favourite quote from Kurasawa in episode 23, "Keep your shirt on, Kiko."

Well Darker than Black is for sure one of my absolutly favourites. Very³ well maded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The DVD episode was never meant to show more closure to the series. You're asking quite a lot if you had that in mind going into it.
Is there an extra episode? I only have seen 25 episodes.
Old 2008-07-03, 10:21   Link #2454
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Yes, there is an episode 26, and its a comical thing, a very good one.
By the way... what its happending with funimation, they announced that Darker will be out to spring 2008... its over.. and now the site said.. coming soon....it means that they buy the series one year ago and its not available yet.
Old 2008-07-03, 11:12   Link #2455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
By the way... what its happending with funimation, they announced that Darker will be out to spring 2008... its over.. and now the site said.. coming soon....it means that they buy the series one year ago and its not available yet.
These things just happen. They announce a date it'll be released, and because of many reasons that we don't know about, it'll take longer for it to be released.

It's happened before with Funi, a few times in the past.
Old 2008-07-03, 11:33   Link #2456
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

its so sad.. i hope that at least, they make some cool items for the release ... a hei mask... a very cool box... a nice poster... anything!
Old 2008-07-03, 12:45   Link #2457
Chase

Yeah its sad, series still has places it could go. I think their doing two more random OVA's too.
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-07-03, 13:25   Link #2458
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
These things just happen. They announce a date it'll be released, and because of many reasons that we don't know about, it'll take longer for it to be released.

It's happened before with Funi, a few times in the past.
From what I heard in AnimeOnDVD, the Japanese licensors took their damn sweet time giving FUNi the necessary materials to even start production.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:31   Link #2459
sb075

The animator rank list was leaked from someone Bones staff's PC.

Spoiler for second season?:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, this list may be a fake.

Last edited by sb075; 2008-07-04 at 22:57.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:55   Link #2460
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

OMG!!!! That would be totally awesome!!

Tags
action, supernatural