AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 25 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 32.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-20, 02:07   Link #21
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I have to say that nosebleed there worries me, especially since it's that kind of show. I hope it's not some KyoAni AIDS or god knows what kind of tumor.

A good episode otherwise, and more Naruko/Jintan is always welcome.
Old 2011-05-20, 02:19   Link #22
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Spoiler for oh really Jintan?:
Old 2011-05-20, 02:22   Link #23
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Shit, Anaru threw a damn tire at him. That's crazy.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-05-20, 02:26   Link #24
Sebasu
~

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-20, 02:37   Link #25
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for oh really Jintan?:
^ gg-subs?
Old 2011-05-20, 02:41   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent episode again. Jintan's first steps.

We are left wondering if his nosebleeds are tension for both, turn-on for both, or one of each.

Since Menma is dead, Anaru is his only possible partner, if he ends up with one.

My first thought hearing Anaru's "friends" was that they were writing her off, not really sympathizing. Time will tell.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-05-20, 02:57   Link #27
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Which makes the script even better, paying attention to background character. In any case, whether they are good or bad (which is debatable), it's natural to be concerned about her getting for into trouble.
Maybe. I personally don't believe unneeded character development for extraneous/filler characters is a good thing. Certain characters in most stories exist to fill a function and then promptly disappear. Developing these characters contrary to their function in the plot seems counter-productive, since it just leaves the characters feeling unfinished or awkward.

In this case, it's not important whether or not it's natural, but how it serves their development. If these girls were to do what I thought they were going to do [bully Anaru so Jintan and friends can stand up for her], then them worrying over Anaru will either have been needless characterization or will need further development, since you don't go from being worried about a friend to discarding and bulling her.

That being said, I think I'm wrong. These girls are probably going to be actual side characters instead of just plot devices, so them being good or bad comes into question.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ gg-subs?
Yep.
Old 2011-05-20, 03:01   Link #28
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Otherwise good episode as always.
Old 2011-05-20, 03:12   Link #29
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Maybe. I personally don't believe unneeded character development for extraneous/filler characters is a good thing. Certain characters in most stories exist to fill a function and then promptly disappear. Developing these characters contrary to their function in the plot seems counter-productive, since it just leaves the characters feeling unfinished or awkward.

In this case, it's not important whether or not it's natural, but how it serves their development. If these girls were to do what I thought they were going to do [bully Anaru so Jintan and friends can stand up for her], then them worrying over Anaru will either have been needless characterization or will need further development, since you don't go from being worried about a friend to discarding and bulling her.

That being said, I think I'm wrong. These girls are probably going to be actual side characters instead of just plot devices, so them being good or bad comes into question.
I kind of disagree, side/background characters, that are featured by showing emotions, given extra lines, in general, exist and are minimally developed after fulfilling their plot-related functions make a show more realistic, which generally speaking, I consider a good thing. Now I agree that sometimes writers get carried away, but only then this approach becomes counter-productive. And with only 11 episodes to tell the story, the danger here is quite present, we still know almost nothing about Tsuruko and Poppo, while Menma's mother, Tsuroko's friends, and Jintan's father probably have played a greater role in this first half of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Edit:

Yep.
I like them when they are trolling with Aria, Geass, etc. but here, as well as with Merry last season it's just out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:

Otherwise good episode as always.
So he has a brain tumour that first generates delusions of his dead friend, then makes him say gibberish to defend Anaru, then makes his nose bleed, and finally kills him so he can be happily reunited with his childhood love... somehow I don't think/hope that will happen
Old 2011-05-20, 03:16   Link #30
VentAileron

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2011-05-20, 04:15   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The return of ecchi, sketchy, one touchy! Oh, how I love that line.

Best scene in the episode for me was by far Jinta standing up for Anal (that sounds very wrong, doesn't it? Blame Menma for giving her that nickname ). His speech was confusing and incredibly awkward, yet still awesome. Him having such a hard time expressing himself in public is a nice touch.

Yukiatsu makes me laugh everytime he's on screen. He's still as smug as he used ot be despite everything that happened. He's clearly more likable than before though.

We finally got a hint about Menma's wish. Seems like she had something important to say to the gang the day she died. I have no idea what it could be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Calling it now. The reason he's the only one who can see Menma is that he's close to death. Or maybe it was just a simple nosebleed. Ohana had some too. I guess Mari Okada loves them, huh?
Old 2011-05-20, 04:19   Link #32
darkmanure

Very light hearted episode. I really wanted Jinta to talk to Menma's mother, but that would just cause her more grief. Maybe near the end or something to put her at ease.
Old 2011-05-20, 04:39   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yukiatsu makes me laugh everytime he's on screen. He's still as smug as he used ot be despite everything that happened.
He could probably come to school crossdressing and still have a sumg look on his face.

And that ending was just pure awesome. "Ecchi, sketchy, one touchy!" XD
Old 2011-05-20, 05:00   Link #34
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Ouch, that was just painful to watch, I'm really really bad at seeing awkward moments like that. Really, Jintan, if there's one thing you can learn from Yukiatsu, it's proper white knighting.

Looks like the Scooby Doo gang (speaking of which, Jintan is also watching Occult Academy) finds a clue this time, Menma's diary. At the same time, Shaggy and Velma (Yukiatsu resembled Fred better though) remembered that Menma had something to say on that fateful day, so hopefully next episode they can meet up and try to solve this mystery. There's also melancholic moment between Menma and her mom, and Menma thinking of the afterlife...

But the best part is, without a doubt, Ecchi Sketchy One-touchy. I think this is the first time after 6 episodes that when I watched the ending, I don't feel sad or melancholic, because this time I just laughed out loud throughout the song. Just hilarious, and when Jintan said "she's no doubt a virgin" and got hit by a can, I completely lost it.
Old 2011-05-20, 07:16   Link #35
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I really love all the small lines that build these characters. Yukiatsu is harassed about his cross dressing again. Poppo commenting about being the loner. You get a better sense of Menma's family in this episode as well. The differences in mourning, Menma's worry over her mother. It's interesting to note that even though they packed up Menma's belongings, the room is still unused.

So we get a few more hints about Menma's wish, confirmation that Anaru is a virgin (there's a disturbance in the force, as if millions of otaku suddenly squealed in joy), and Jinta has nosebleeds of questionable significance. So far I'm really enjoying the pacing for this series, it's laid back but eventful. It doesn't seem like things are progressing much, but things are already quite different from where we first started.

I'm starting to wonder though, if the reason Menma's "ghost" nature isn't being called into question is because we're going to get some kind of Sixth Sense style twist. It would be awfully cliche to get some kind of tearful goodbye scene as Menma disappears because gosh darn, mystery solved.
Old 2011-05-20, 07:21   Link #36
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm starting to wonder though, if the reason Menma's "ghost" nature isn't being called into question is because we're going to get some kind of Sixth Sense style twist. It would be awfully cliche to get some kind of tearful goodbye scene as Menma disappears because gosh darn, mystery solved.
Although it would be cliche for Menma to disappear after her wish has been granted, this would be far better ending than say, Menma coming back to life or something ridiculous. I also doubt the Sixth Sense style twist in a series like this where it seems to be relatively laidback, tame but dramatic, but with limited supernatural elements (bar Menma's ghost status)
Old 2011-05-20, 08:23   Link #37
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder though, if the reason Menma's "ghost" nature isn't being called into question is because we're going to get some kind of Sixth Sense style twist. It would be awfully cliche to get some kind of tearful goodbye scene as Menma disappears because gosh darn, mystery solved
For a moment I thought you were going to say that everyone else was dead, only Menma is alive. Now that would be a twist.
Old 2011-05-20, 08:28   Link #38
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

This episode is a nice change since the previous ones are quite dramatic. I love the scene where Jintan defends(? no extra dialog needed, Jintan) Anaru. I also favor this scene more than when Menma said that she doesn't want her mother to suffer more.

The ending scene was hilarious XD and Anaru's more concerned about Jintan thinking perverted things than picking up Poppo's magazines and used tissues. Also, it's official. I'm a JintanXAnaru shipper!

I'm still thinking on what part Tsuruko has to do with Menma's case. Most of the characters are linked with Menma other than being her friend or part of the Super Peace Busters, but they still haven't shown hers.

Next episode is the reading of Menma's diary. What secrets does Menma holds? Will it be a vital clue to her wish? Will Menma cry again? We'll find out on the next episode of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Old 2011-05-20, 08:57   Link #39
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I dunno if I'm late to the party, in fact I probably am, but Jintan's "virgin" line about Anaru was extra hilarious to me.

I mean, think about it. Tomatsu Haruka.

Old 2011-05-20, 09:12   Link #40
shibakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou17 View Post
Will Menma cry again?
^without a doubt, an episode is not complete without her crying lol.
Closed Thread