AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 21:56   Link #281
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmm. Things are going a bit fast here. Hmmm.

...wait. Are they actually going to try to animate all the way up to Mother's Rosario? Because holy shit, that would explain how fast they're distilling everything.

Then again, The Hunt for Red October film cut out a lot of things, and is considered to be pretty damn good at capturing the original essence of the book. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed....

...thirty six more hours to go!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:58   Link #282
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Well, originally the murder case was supposed to happen in the spot Aria Retconned over, right?
RNR was in 12/2023, Murder was in 04/2024

@Novalysis, Edit and Quote+ is your best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbim View Post
Hmm, i got these list of episodes from BT. idk if it's official or not though...

Good episode order IMO. Murder Case is really needed since it's packed with asuna x kirito relationship before the time skip..
looks like the anime skipping all the recon side stories other then Aria.
Old 2012-07-12, 22:01   Link #283
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
My bad. I meant the Duel. Corrected.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 22:04   Link #284
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Hmmm. Things are going a bit fast here. Hmmm.

...wait. Are they actually going to try to animate all the way up to Mother's Rosario? Because holy shit, that would explain how fast they're distilling everything.

Then again, The Hunt for Red October film cut out a lot of things, and is considered to be pretty damn good at capturing the original essence of the book. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed....

...thirty six more hours to go!
Can they cross through the whole of SAO, ALO + GGO in a compressed 24 episode adaptation? Most are predicting SAO+ ALO, even if SAO could occupy 24 if they want to go through the first three ret-con arcs (Aria, Rondo, Monochrome, ARM)....

That's crazy....
Old 2012-07-12, 22:14   Link #285
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Hmm, i got these list of episodes from BT. idk if it's official or not though...

Good episode order IMO. Murder Case is really needed since it's packed with asuna x kirito relationship before the time skip..
So three weeks from this Saturday before we get more KiriAsu material, eh?.... (excluding whatever KiriAsu there is in episode 2 of course)

MAN that's gonna be a long three weeks...... *sob* The ED animation had better have that gooey, delieicious KiriAsu I want in order to help tide me over. T.T
Old 2012-07-12, 22:14   Link #286
bimbim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

@Novalysis, Edit and Quote+ is your best friend.

looks like the anime skipping all the recon side stories other then Aria.
I'd love rondo to be animated as well, but if it's incomplete then it can't be helped..
Murder ss arc is quite long and i hope it can be divided to 2 episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So three weeks from this Saturday before we get more KiriAsu material, eh?.... (excluding whatever KiriAsu there is in episode 2 of course)

MAN that's gonna be a long three weeks...... *sob* The ED animation had better have that gooey, delieicious KiriAsu I want in order to help tide me over. T.T
that's why i hope murder arc will last for 2 episodes so we can have more kiritoxasuna goodness :lol:
bimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 22:49   Link #287
firestalker5

I remember seeing somewhere the names of episodes 2-5....

Epi 2: Beater
Epi 3: Red Nosed Reindeer
Epi 4: Black Swordsman
Epi 5: Murder Case

I really don't remember where I saw these, I do remember seeing them. So grain of salt anyone?
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 22:55   Link #288
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
that's why i hope murder arc will last for 2 episodes so we can have more kiritoxasuna goodness :lol:
WORD.

Now, y'know, I was just stopping by Minitokyo just to see if there were SAO wallpapers yet.....when I spotted a magazine scan (clearly themed as a scan of Kirito's SAO harem) I thought I hadn't seen before. (apparently I had though since it was listed under my favorites but anyway....)

Anyway, it's an article scan of Kirito, Asuna, Libeth, and Silica. I'm reading the little character description blurbs for each character and for Silica.....it says she goes with Kirito on his adventures?! (am I reading that last kanji right?!)

Errr.....that didn't happen in the SAO novel stories.....so they're going to integrate Kirito's harem into the main story for the anime?
Old 2012-07-12, 23:03   Link #289
firestalker5

Quote:
WORD.

Now, y'know, I was just stopping by Minitokyo just to see if there were SAO wallpapers yet.....when I spotted a magazine scan (clearly themed as a scan of Kirito's SAO harem) I thought I hadn't seen before. (apparently I had though since it was listed under my favorites but anyway....)

Anyway, it's an article scan of Kirito, Asuna, Libeth, and Silica. I'm reading the little character description blurbs for each character and for Silica.....it says she goes with Kirito on his adventures?! (am I reading that last kanji right?!)

Errr.....that didn't happen in the SAO novel stories.....so they're going to integrate Kirito's harem into the story, eh?
DEAR GOD it's my worst nightmare of the show realized if that happens! I knew they would probably do that [since they can't seem to stop making everything about a harem], but I really hope that is wrong. I really hope that doesn't happen, though I have a strong feeling it will.

A strong feeling I've had since before the series even started!
Old 2012-07-12, 23:06   Link #290
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
I remember seeing somewhere the names of episodes 2-5....

Epi 2: Beater
Epi 3: Red Nosed Reindeer
Epi 4: Black Swordsman
Epi 5: Murder Case

I really don't remember where I saw these, I do remember seeing them. So grain of salt anyone?
That list was posted back on the previous page. We've been talking about it for a couple posts now.

Quote:
DEAR GOD it's my worst nightmare of the show realized if that happens! I knew they would probably do that [since they can't seem to stop making everything about a harem], but I really hope that is wrong. I really hope that doesn't happen, though I have a strong feeling it will.

A strong feeling I've had since before the series even started!
Well, I personally don't mind as long as they keep KiriAsu as it should be from the novels. Even in the novels, when Kirito's harem has begun to assemble around him, he still stays faithful to his girl, so hopefully that's what they're going to do here too.

And I definitely don't want the animation of chapters 15-19 to be jeopardized. Or chapters 22-24 either.
Old 2012-07-12, 23:08   Link #291
firestalker5

Quote:
That list was posted back on the previous page. We've been talking about it for a couple posts now.
Maybe, but I remember seeing not long after the first episode aired... like the next day I believe. But at the time it was only to episode 4.

Quote:
Well, I personally don't mind as long as they keep KiriAsu as it should be from the novels. Even in the novels, when Kirito's harem has begun to assemble around him, he still stays faithful to his girl, so hopefully that's what they're going to do here too.
Well.... They never make a Harem like that for anime [at least none I've ever seen]. I liked the novels because it could be considered a harem, but never felt like one [like Ai Yori Aoshi]. But they can't really add the girls into the story where they weren't in it previously without taking away from the Asuna x Kirito dynamic and making it a true harem [completely with stupid misunderstandings and jealous girls fighting for attention].
Old 2012-07-12, 23:15   Link #292
novalysis

Wait a moment. If the episode list is not faked, this means that Asuna will not be present in Episode 3, and Silica would be joining in Episode 4. And will be with Kirito and Asuna in the Murder case, Asuna in Episode 5 and Lisbeth in Episode 6..... and the harem together, which changes the entire main SAO Arc.....

Oh dear. Why SAO? Why? Why a harem? It seems that they might be straying right towards not merely anime original territory Post RNR. but a complete rewrite of Volume 1 itself, at this rate. There's no way Volume 1 would make sense if Silica and Lisbeth are tagging along.
Old 2012-07-12, 23:17   Link #293
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well.... They never make a Harem like that for anime [at least none I've ever seen]. I liked the novels because it could be considered a harem, but never felt like one [like Ai Yori Aoshi]. But they can't really add the girls into the story where they weren't in it previously without taking away from the Asuna x Kirito dynamic and making it a true harem [completely with stupid misunderstandings and jealous girls fighting for attention].
Mmmm, I suppose that;s true. Unless they realize that he's got seyes for Asuna only and aren't actively vying for his affections as much, but then that would sort of defeat tyhe purpose of the harem. Unless they just follow as party members from then on ala Inu Yasha. But then...........arrrgh. Enough of that thinking. We'll just see how it goes and hope they don't screw up all the KiriAsu scenes.

Quote:
Wait a moment. If the episode list is not faked, this means that Asuna will not be present in Episode 3, and Silica would be joining in Episode 4. And will be with Kirito and Asuna in the Murder case, Asuna in Episode 5 and Lisbeth in Episode 6..... and the harem together, which changes the entire main SAO Arc.....

Oh dear. Why SAO? Why? Why a harem? It seems that they might be straying right towards not merely anime original territory Post RNR. but a complete rewrite of Volume 1 itself, at this rate. There's no way Volume 1 would make sense if Silica and Lisbeth are tagging along.
As people have speculated, the anime may indeed by the prototype for how the author is going to go about his reboot of SAO in SAO Progressive, which is supposed to integrate all of the side stories and arcs into the main story.

At the end of the day, I really don't mind AS LONG as chapters 15-19 and 22-24 remain largely intact in all their gooey, delicious KiriAsu goodness.
Old 2012-07-12, 23:18   Link #294
Flere821
Lurker

Shame the RNR bit will only be 1 episode =/ They'll probably cut out quite a bit of the Sachi + Kirito moments then. I wonder if the sheer emotion and guilt Kirito has can still be conveyed if some of those scenes are cut...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:34   Link #295
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Um, guys, do note that Scilica and Lizbeth did follow Kirito on adventures, that's what the whole Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart stories were about.

I'm quite sure we're being gleefully trolled by the production team.

Either that, or Scilica joins Furinkazan as their imouto.... nah, level's too low. On the other hand, Morning Dew Girl notes that Kirito is in regular contact with Scilica, exchanging mails on a regular basis.... and Asuna realises that he has no idea Scilica has a major crush on him.

So looks like next story after Murder Case ought to be Warmth, then the bulk of Vol 1, then Morning Dew Girl, then we move to ALO.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:37   Link #296
Hmm....

Quote:

2話「ビーター」 'Beater'
3話「赤鼻のトナカイ」 'Red-nosed Reindeer'
4話「黒の剣士」 'The Black Swordsman'
5話「圏内事件」 'Murder Case in the Area'

Not far from what I guessed. It is considered decent episode list I guess.

Quote:

Errr.....that didn't happen in the SAO novel stories.....so they're going to integrate Kirito's harem into the main story for the anime?
My worst fear come true. As a harem hater I am, I can live with it as long as the other harem member....uhem........know thier place

Quote:
I can see it now. People complaining that SAO operates like a VN adaptation, going through the Common (Aria) , Sachi, Silica and Lizbet route before ending with the Asuna roure.

And if ALO is animated, we'd get the Imouto/cousin route.
Exactly, That is how I feel about SAO anime so far and that is not a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Hm.. and neither do I, frankly. It's why I think we should stop speculating and just trust in the studio and Kawahara, as we're going to become very paranoid (I know I am) if we continue this right up until episode 2 airs. ;p
Count me in the paranoid camp. The more I read this thread the more worrying I am
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:39   Link #297
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Um, guys, do note that Scilica and Lizbeth did follow Kirito on adventures, that's what the whole Black Swordsman and Warmth of the Heart stories were about.
Well, we know THAT. I just assumed that since the scan pointed it out in such a way, it meant that she goes with him on his overall adventures and not just the episode in question.

But personally, I guess I hope your interpretation is right. (that the scan says Silica goes with Kirito on his adventures in the sense of "just for the episode") Normally I'm open-minded to original adaptations and some changing around, but in this case I want to see KiriAsu animated so badly that I'd rather not take the remote chance that they screw it up by tossing his harem into the mix.
Old 2012-07-12, 23:59   Link #298
Xacual

I'm in favor of warmth being a flashback after he reveals dual blades at floor 74. Otherwise I guess they'd have to change the ending so as not to reveal the skill way in advance from when he first shows it to anyone other than Liz.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 00:03   Link #299
novalysis

After looking at the SAO manga, I'm trying to imagine how SAO would have looked like had it been a full on long running 500+ Chapter manga. Where we get all of Kirito and Asuna's experiences in SAO drawn in chronological order, from the opening Arc, to First Day, to Aria, to the full Rondo, to the full Monochrome, to level 25 and the disaster it brought to The Army, to between the Black Cats and Monochrome, to the Black Cats, to the road to Red Nose Reindeer, to the Level 50 battle, to Kirito's first battle with Laughing Coffin, to Black Swordsman, to Asuna and Kirito's April meetings, to the Murder arc, to more Kiri Asu goodness till Warmth of the Heart, then the space between then and Sound of Water, shortly followed by more Kiri Asu goodess with the crushing of Laughing Coffin, to Floor 74 of Aincrad, to the Main Arc, the full tale of Kirito and Asuna's happiest days in SAO as a married couple, Yui and the <Army>, and the closing of SAO, with the battle against the Level 75 Boss and Heartcliffe.

And after a 5 - 10 chapter interlude of Volume 3 Prologue, on the ALO for another 200 chapters. One can dream....
Old 2012-07-13, 00:26   Link #300
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Whoah whoah guys aren't we getting way ahead of ourselves here. Let's not get into a masochism streak and torture ourselves w/ thoughts of the anime screwing up big time. Look at the bright side of things guys. None of them are official yet so let's just hope the studio folks get some sense knocked down on their noggins for once. SAO being turned into a generic rom-com is one of the worst that can happen to the series. Lets just hope A-1 understands that.

What irks me though is the insinuation that the Black Cats story will be relegated to a one episode affair. It should at least be a two part thing to be effective. In order for it to achieve the intended effect we need to warm up to the other members first (especially Sachi). One episode just doesn't do it justice. Since it's still unofficial I will now proceed to pray to the anime gods for A-1 to see the light... Haaaaum....