AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-30, 03:53   Link #1
Amaranthine

I need (licensed) manga... details within.

I was just sitting down to order Nana, and to look for a couple of volumes of another series as well. I thought about Paradise Kiss, but decided against it for today. So I tried to think of something else I might like. I browsed around Amazon, hoping it would suggest something good... then it kept suggesting Shounen-ai... while I don't mind it, it's not what I'm looking for. The end result was that I failed to think of/find something, got confused, and came here for help. ^^;

Series I own already are Revolutionary Girl Utena, Chobits and Death Note. Not a lot, and I haven't read much of Death Note yet. Ongoing scanlations I'm reading are Maria-sama ga Miteru, Iono the Fanatics and Strawberry Panic. (You may have got the idea that I like yuri. That's quite true, but not the more overt sort... Strawberry Panic being something of an exception.) Other series I've finished and particularly enjoyed are Monster, Appleseed and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

I prefer series that are relatively mature, and my sense of humour leads me to enjoy more subtle comedy than that most often found in manga/anime. Romance is always good, fanservice of the sexual kind is rarely anything but bad. At the moment I'd like something aimed at females rather than something aimed at males, but either is fine. Shounen is low on my list of preferences... I'm not saying I don't watch/read it on occasion, but I wouldn't put any on my list of all time favourites. Any Josei suggestions would be good (I want to read some), but I guess there's not a lot licensed.

If there's anything which is unlicensed but which you think I absolutely must read, then suggesting it is Ok. Thanks in advance anybody with suggestions.
Old 2006-07-30, 21:02   Link #2
Asfad

I highly recommend 20th Century Boys if you liked Monster.
Closed Thread