AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 07:47   Link #341
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Having a subforum or not doesn't necessarily means it's a good anime, just popular with the forum community. I'll take good over popular anytime of the day
Well, actually it just means that one admin likes the series a lot. No logic/sense beside that is ever used when creating series subforums.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 09:57   Link #342
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Honestly, I prefer having everything in just the Fansubbed forum. I find the current series forum somewhat redundant. Ah well, I'm not interested in this debate one way or another.

My real question is, is this a weekly series, or is it monthly, like Angel Heart? I think this series, and Darker than Black, will be the main one's I be watching for, this season.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:03   Link #343
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I think Its a weekly series since the airing for the next episode will be, if I am not mistaken, in the of 10 of April...Basicaly tomorrow I will see it on TV

I have patience...
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:41   Link #344
Mentar
Banned

Weekly show, airing tuesday. We (Eclipse) will release the subs on wednesday.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:56   Link #345
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Some more Icons from Ep 1 Some more coming up later of the Raki Claire interaction : D

Quote:

Old 2007-04-09, 11:03   Link #346
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
My real question is, is this a weekly series, or is it monthly, like Angel Heart? I think this series, and Darker than Black, will be the main one's I be watching for, this season.
You're talking about the manga chapter releases right? Claymore is monthly series.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:40   Link #347
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You're talking about the manga chapter releases right? Claymore is monthly series.
He/She must refer to anime. If not, why Darker than Black is mentioned?
Old 2007-04-09, 18:40   Link #348
BlackMadonna

First post here, hi to all of you guys,
I watched claymore last week. It was amazing O___O I so badly want to get my hands on the manga now.
so far the animation looks so good and i just fell in love with the music. The ending Danzai no hana by Riyu Kosaka is just the best. Can't wait till May to get it
BlackMadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:13   Link #349
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Final set of icons from Episode 1 Raki n Claire confrontation scene

Quote:

Old 2007-04-09, 23:28   Link #350
lommm
l'homme de lommm

geta, those borders are really nice! they fit the look/coloring perfectly!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:33   Link #351
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
geta, those borders are really nice! they fit the look/coloring perfectly!
Thankyou : D Yeah I selected border colors from the pic itself to go with the content / images
Old 2007-04-10, 00:28   Link #352
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Thanks for the cool avatars man..neway...today is the day for episode 2..cant wait
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 03:26   Link #353
BrokenWingz

A silly question but the yoma that was dressed as a Claymore how did it get the Claymore outfit? From what I understand if it were to kill a previous Claymore and take the body and appearance then it would've known not to refer to itself as a Claymore.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 03:30   Link #354
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I dont read the manga so just speculating the Yoma probably killed the Claymore and there was no nessecity for both of them to interact or talk . Raki and Claire had some interaction through which Raki knew Claymores dont call themselves Claymore .

The humans in that universe tend to refer to them as Claymore only the Claymores dont adress themselves as Claymores
Old 2007-04-10, 04:14   Link #355
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

hmm..honestly, it wasnt mentioned in the manga..but i guess that Claymore merchandise might be available in the CLAYMORE universe

Well, anyway..it may not be impossible for a Youma to transform its body appearance to give look of a clothing maybe, because killing a Claymore aint an easy thing for an average Youma. Maybe they kcan manipulate the coloring of their outer skin...who knows...since the Youma didnt have a sword, it can be said that they can not manipulate it to make metals, but body color changes might not be a big thing
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 04:45   Link #356
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well, anyway..it may not be impossible for a Youma to transform its body appearance to give look of a clothing maybe, because killing a Claymore aint an easy thing for an average Youma. Maybe they can manipulate the coloring of their outer skin...who knows...since the Youma didnt have a sword, it can be said that they can not manipulate it to make metals, but body color changes might not be a big thing
To the end of the fight, until the minute it was killed; the Youma still had its armour on:

I doubt it was only an appearance of armour it was mimicking. Why expend such energy to maintain the appearance in a fight when the enemy already knows who you really are?

I don't think it is unlikely that this Youma could have killed a Claymore. (1) Claymores are not invincible - Clare herself alludes to this, saying that either her body or a Youma's body would turn up by the end of her contract. (2) This Youma showed remarkable intelligence in actually researching its enemy, Clare (well it did fail with the finer details), and knowing what to do to increase its advantage (in this case, taking Rika hostage); also how to lure him into the trap (3) The Youma did manage to injure Clare rather severely.

As for the lack of an accompanying sword; I have a feeling that a Claymore's sword is no ordinary weapon. Made of, or imbued with, something a Youma would not like to touch at all; even if it could. Furthermore, I think the Youma is more than satisfactorily suited out with its own weapons.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 05:24   Link #357
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
^ I won`t spoil it but...

Deleted by Moderator!! NoSanninWa has read 6 volumes and didn't know this. Now NoSanninWa's pissed at being spoiled!
You've already spoiled an important information just with that. Seriously guys, if you want to discuss about the plot of the manga, do it in the manga section. I've read up to volume 10 but I still find it quite annoying when other people start talking about the plot of the manga in a thread dedicated to the anime serie. I think we've read even too many spoilers regarding this serie, don't you think? Let's just discuss about the actual episodes and avoid spoiling the experience to the viewers who haven't read the manga.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-04-10 at 06:01.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 05:35   Link #358
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
A silly question but the yoma that was dressed as a Claymore how did it get the Claymore outfit? From what I understand if it were to kill a previous Claymore and take the body and appearance then it would've known not to refer to itself as a Claymore.
My bad, I left out some important points, the first Yoma that they killed in Raki's hometown said when he took on Raki's brother body he also "inherited" his way of thought and could mimick according so that no one would notice, hence why I thought it was unlikely for the Yoma to take on a Claymore because it would know how the Claymore it hosted would act accordingly.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 05:35   Link #359
Lost

^ Not really, from what you say, it was a valid assumption. It may be that Claymores have an inherent protection against being "possessed" by the Yoma; after the Claymores themselves are already half-Yoma; maybe that prevents them from being taken over by Yoma. But, that's just an assumption I'm making. Watch on, I guess.

@Defiled one: Thanks, but I didn't need to know that. -_- Spoiler tag it please.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 11:03   Link #360
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Deleted by Moderator!! NoSanninWa has read 6 volumes and didn't know this. Now NoSanninWa's pissed at being spoiled!
Uff, looks like it was something big. Thank god I missed that.

I am also on Vol. 6 and would hate to be spoiled at this point.